Twenty-Six

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No More"

 

"Thank you."

Jinyoung gets off the cab and hands the driver his fare. It's a good thing that he had his wallet with him and not only his phone when they left to go to his grandfather's house. In all honesty, this is not how he had imagined this day would turn out- him, leaving everything he has cared for all his entire life, only to head to nowhere in particular. He's not certain.. , he didn't even have a clear plan when he had set his foot inside the mansion just an hour ago. How can he expect his cluttered mind to come up with a plan now?

He feels lost. He is lost.

Yet, he's here, after a small part of his mind which could still function had willed him to decide and go here. 

Jinyoung looks up to see the sign board of the hospital. Taking a deep breath, he walks inside. Although he isn't sure if going here is a good idea, it's not like he has any other choice. And besides... this is where his feet had taken him. As he stands outside, only the door separating him from the man he is longing to know... the words said by his grandfather rang inside his head. "If you still choose to do what you please... then you're no longer part of this family." These words and how the older's eyes were exuding nothing but plain disappointment... Jinyoung could only clench his fists.

"Jinyoung?"

He recognized Seokjin's voice and when he turned, he did see the older, walking towards him carrying a fruit basket. He was looking at him through surprised and curious eyes, probably not expecting to see him here at the hospital, after not showing himself and refusing to meet with the older upon learning the truth about who he has known as his family. 

Those brows remained creased as Seokjin stopped on his tracks and stood beside him, right outside his dad's room. He saw how the older glanced inside of the room before staring back at him still looking confused. "I didn't know you'd come here. You didn't..." Seokjin stops and something in those eyes changed after taking a closer look at him. Jinyoung knows how he looks like at this very moment. His eyes are swollen, and he could still feel the dried tears on his cheeks. Seokjin is a smart man. He knew the older could already tell that things aren't in a good state right now.

"A-are you alright? Did... something happen?"

That question and how Seokjin asked it with eyes filled with concern, flashed something else in Jinyoung's mind. Those sad and broken eyes staring at him as he heard him say... I am sorry. Without realizing it, Jinyoung was already breaking down in tears again. Seokjin was fast enough to attend to him, as the older brought his free arm up to catch his dipping head when he cried. He felt his soft taps on his back, squeezing his shoulders lightly every once in a while. Seokjin didn't ask him anything again for the next few seconds and just let him cry. And at that moment, Jinyoung didn't feel alone.

 

 

"Welcome back home, Sir Jeon In-Jung." 

Their helpers greeted his dad in chorus. They just entered the house, with Jun-Seo leading the way. Some of the members of his dad's staff followed right behind them, carrying their bags. 

His dad who is sitting on the wheelchair pushed by Nurse John turned his head to his direction and held his hand out for him to take. His dad even nodded as if urging him to walk closer. Jinyoung did and reached his hand out only to be held by the older. "My son and I are glad to be back home." 

The helpers bowed once again. "Welcome back home, Sir Jeon Jinyoung."

Jeon Jinyoung. It has taken him a long while before he got used to being addressed to as that. For twenty two years he has always been Park Jinyoung. But this is the real him. Jinyoung had already accepted this fact. Smiling at them, Jinyoung nodded his head. "It does feel nice to be home."

"Is there food?" Jungkook who was standing behind him suddenly asked. "I'm already starving."

Jinyoung smiles at the younger although Seokjin was the one who answered. "There should be. I was told that-"

But the older stopped when someone called his name. When the three of them turned towards the kitchen, they saw Yeri, still wearing an apron while smiling brightly at them. "You're back."

Seokjin didn't waste another second. Jinyoung watched as the older took big paces until he reached where his girlfriend was standing and wrapped her in a big hug. Jinyoung's eyes reacted instinctively and before he knew it, they're already rolling heavenwards. "Did I come back here only to see this? Tell me, Jungkook." But that made the younger laugh before walking to where his hyung went.

"Did you cook something, Yeri?" Jungkook asks only to be hit in the shoulder by his brother. "Why?"

"Call her noona."

"But we're born the same year."

"She's my girlfriend and I'm your hyung. I find it weird when you call her by her name only. Be polite." 

That seemed to end their err.. conversation, although Jungkook was still pouting, Seokjin didn't mind and just kept his arm around Yeri's waist. "It's okay babe. Jungkook has a point." She then winked at Jungkook who is no longer pouting. "You don't need to listen to your hyung and call me noona. I don't like to feel old anyway. You said you're hungry? I did cook something. Want to eat?"

Jungkook nods but turns to his hyung first. "I'm starting to like your girlfriend more, hyung." He's lucky he was able to run to the kitchen before Seokjin could grab him. 

That left the couple, with Yeri laughing until their eyes met. Jinyoung didn't smile just yet but he also didn't look away. Yeri was the first one to greet him by smiling. "Welcome back, Jinyoung." Still, he didn't smile. 

Seokjin was looking at him as if waiting for something but Jinyoung knows that Seokjin knows better than hope that he would ever give a nicer greeting to Yeri other than not rolling his eyes at her. When he looked at Seokjin again, it's as if he's reminding him of what he has asked back in the van. The older asked him to be a bit nicer and not be a brat towards his girlfriend. And Jinyoung did say he'll try.

He heaves a sigh and turns to Yeri. "So you cooked? Didn't know you can." Yes, he's talking to her. And Yeri seemed to be surprised that he actually is. She nodded. "Yes I did. But Ms. Kang helped me with it."

Jinyoung shrugged before turning to where his dad is. "Dad, Yeri cooked something. Let's eat?" But the older only waved his hand and said he'd rather re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter