Seven [2/2]

TOUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Just Us"

 

 

It started one Wednesday. That day following the night when he and Mark had their heart to heart talk where they couldn't be more honest than how they've been. That night when Jinyoung chose to be nothing but true to his self and acknowledge his feelings without thinking of anything else apart from him wanting to be with Mark. 

"Don't go anywhere."
"I'm not planning to."

How that night turned out, Jinyoung can't be any happier. Those words from Mark and his sincerity which came with it were all that Jinyoung needed. Those were all he needed at that time. But then...

 

"Why is Jaebum not joining us for lunch?"

Him and his cousins (and that means Bambam too) are seated in their usual table at the cafeteria to eat their lunch when Jackson asked him this. The chinese was sitting beside him and was leaning towards his side to whisper to him. Jinyoung's initial reaction is to glance at Mark who was seated on his other side. The older however is just eating his food which makes him wonder if he has heard their cousin's question.

Taking one dumpling from his bowl, Jinyoung answered. "I haven't asked him." Jackson's brows creased at his response. Jinyoung just put the dumpling straight in his mouth and ate it although he's aware of his cousin's eyes still staring at him. 

"Why haven't you?" Jackson asked, far from letting this one go. 

Jinyoung almost sighed. "I d-didn't see him today."

For a second he really thought Jackson would not let it go and would keep on asking about Jaebum but luckily, Jackson didn't. For the rest of the day, Jackson haven't asked about Jaebum again.

 

Not until the next day.

"You still haven't seen him?" Jackson asked and this time, Mark seemed to have heard it. Jackson continued, "I saw him earlier this morning. I should've asked him."

 

The same thing repeated for a week until that one evening.

Mark has just parked his car in front of their house  after they have eaten ice cream as how they usually do when they have time after class hours. They were taking their seatbelts off when Jinyoung noticed Jackson's car parked on the other side of their gate. "Jackson's here?" He asked more to himself but Mark heard it since they're just beside each other.

"Jackson?" The older repeated, trying to see it with his own eyes. "What could've brought him here?"

The two of them just got off the car and walked towards their house where they were greeted by Hyunjin. In the living room, they found Jackson who is busy with his phone, seated on the couch with his legs folded. When the chinese looked up, he finally noticed them. "Oh! You guys are here." 

Jinyoung's parents are in an out of town business trip which will last for two weeks so he is alone in their house. Mrs. Hwang served their dinner and the three of them just ate while talking about how stressful their classes are. It was when the maids were cleaning up the table when Jackson said, "I actually came here because there's something I want to talk with you about, Jinyoung." 

Mark was quick enough to sense that whatever it is that Jackson wants to talk about with him, whether it concerns Mark or not, it doesn't mean the older should be in the conversation as well. So after saying good bye to them both, Mark went on his way.

 

 

"So.... you dumped Jaebum." 

It was not a question. Jackson certainly doesn't sound like he's asking. They were outside the veranda drinking the tea Hyunjin has prepared when his cousin opened the topic up. 

Hearing this, it seems like what he did to Jaebum was harsh. He did dump Jaebum, right? It's what he did that afternoon when him and Jaebum went out on a date. But hearing it from someone sounded a bit harsh. Jinyoung felt the need to defend himself and what he did but. . . what should he say?

Maybe because he has failed to give any kind of response or reaction that Jackson decided to talk again. "May I know the reason why?"

Clearing his throat, Jinyoung tried to answer. "I... w-well I..." But damn it cause he can't form words.

"I am just baffled, I should say." Jackson said looking a lot like confused. "Haven't you liked him for years? Jaebum. You liked him for a long time, right? I mean you are not the kind who declares his love for everyone else to see and yeah, I could say you are one of those conservative persons who don't jump at situations out of impulse and really thinks before acting on things which is why you were able to hold it all in. And I'm talking about your feelings for Jaebum. You have liked him for a long time and Jaebum as well liked you for a longer time. Last time we talked about this, you said you were both just waiting for the right time. And on your birthday, Jaebum asked for your parent's permission officially. Things were all good and in fact getting even better for the two of you but. . . ." He heard a deep sigh as it escaped from Jackson's mouth. ". . . what happened?"

Heaving a deeper sigh, Jinyoung forced himself to answer. He gets it, why Jackson is so confused right now. He figures maybe his cousin has talked to Jaebum already which is why he knows what really happened between them. He should enlighten Jackson. The chinese is one of the few people who he talked to about how he liked Jaebum from the very beginning anyway.

"It changed." Jackson's brows remained furrowed. "My feelings changed."

Jinyoung told Jackson the same thing he has told Jaebum. He tried to make his cousin understand why he can't continue on being close with Jaebum. He most certainly doesn't want to lead Jaebum on more than he already did. It was not his intention. He liked Jaebum, sincerely and honestly. But now, like he said... things have changed. Jackson also asked the same thing: if there is someone else. And so Jinyoung answered the same thing.

"So you don't like him anymore?" Jackson asked him.

Tilting the cup of tea to stir its content, he answered. "Not like before." Jinyoung even smiled. "I think it'll be better if we stay as friends."

"Did you say that to him?" Jinyoung creased his forehead. "That it'll be better if we stay as friends? Because man, that probably had hurt. Hearing that from someone you like is pure torture, I'm telling you."

Jinyoung just shook his head and smiled. "I am sure he'll find someone else anyway. Like what I've told him, he deserves to have someone who will love him and will be certain about it."

 

 

Jinyoung was walking towards the field to sit at his usual spot. They will have a quiz this afternoon and he needs to review. He needs a place where he could focus on reviewing so the field is where he's heading.

He was about to go up the bleachers when he saw the older sitting on the top most step. Jinyoung stopped on his tracks and just stared at Jaebum who was reading a book, probably reviewing. That's something he forgot. This place is not exclusive for him. Moreso, it's not only him who prefers studying here at the field. He could still remember those afternoons he spent with Jaeb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter