Broken

Until We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The news has released and now everyone knows Lisa is the heir of MnB Entertainment. Their reactions are good so far, no bad news or reputation about her. Everyone seems to believe in her and want to give her a chance, maybe because there was no bad record from her father nor her brother. Today will be the first time she will attend a meeting with the board. She has some things that she wants to mention during the meeting, she already thinks about the next plan that the company should do.

 

Lisa looks at her reflection on the mirror in her room. Wearing a charcoal and ivory wool-blend blazer that is matching her flared pants. She can't believe this is how she dressed—she then shifted her gaze to a small figure that is sleeping soundly on her bed. Lisa tugs a little smile and walks towards her; she sits at the corner of her bed—her hand roamed the latter's face; caressing her face like it's the most fragile thing in the world.

 

Jennie's head moved a little bit, Lisa smiled as she brings her face closer and kisses her chubby cheek that later made Jennie popped one eye and look at Lisa's face that is only an inch from her—she smiled, "Good morning" Jennie said huskily.

Lisa smiled back, "Good morning, princess"

"You look amazing with that outfit"

Lisa chuckles, "You think so? I look mature"

Jennie hummed as she extends her arms to reach the latter's slim waist and snuggles closer to her.

"My baby is so spoiled today" Lisa .

As a result, Jennie groans and even tighten her embrace.

Lisa laughs, "Babe, I'll get going," She said—heart's dropped because once again, she will leave her alone.

"Where?" Jennie said as she moves up her head.

"To the office. This is the first time I will attend a meeting"

Jennie groans for more, "Ugh, last week you are busy with those papers and graphic and statics and now you are telling me you're going to leave? Lisa, the reason I came here with you is that I want to be close to you. If you keep leaving and being busy like this, then what's the point in staying?"

Lisa nods, "I know, I understand and I am sorry, Jen. I'm sorry for anything that is happening in my life right now. I am sorry that it seems like I abandoned you here; leaving you alone by yourself or with my mom or Victoria. But don't you think it's good that you can get closer to my mom and my sister-in-law while I'm gone?"

Jennie sighs, "I didn't say that it's bad to be around mom and Victoria unnie... It's just... you are my girlfriend and it feels like I started to lose you and your attention"

Lisa smiles, she really understands her. She would feel the same if she was on her shoes, "Listen, babe, I promise you that we will have our date this Saturday, right? I promise you it will be amazing. I have thought of what we are going to spend our time together—so please, wait for me," She said; reassuring her girlfriend as she cups the latter's chubby cheeks.

"Okay," Jennie stated. 

Lisa smiles as she pulls the latter closer to kisses her gently, slowly—she misses this; she misses feeling Jennie's lips on her lips. Though they were doing it yesterday, it feels different right now. They both are hungry for each other.

Lisa nibbles her lower lip as Jennie slowly opens a little to give Lisa's tongue access to enter. Jennie's lips always taste so sweet; sweet that Lisa couldn't even resist. Both of them moan and as their tongue battled for dominance—for a moment of satisfaction, they both panted; trying to catch their breath.

Jennie is still panting; she wants more but Lisa stopped, "I need to go now," She said. Her head still leaning on the latter's head, doesn't want to leave.

"Okay, I hope you ace the meeting today"

Lisa smiled as she pecks her lips once again, "Thank you"

--

Lisa has arrived at the company. It's even bigger than she imagined. She follows her dad, walking slowly inside the building. She cannot lie that she's nervous right now; she keeps kneading her hands. Her dad realized the uneasiness in Lisa's eyes and how she acts right now so he stopped his step right in front of the meeting room and look at his daughter.
"Hey, are you okay?" He asked.
Lisa nods, "Yes. Just a little bit nervous as this will be my first time and I don't want to ruin everything"
He smiled, "Don't worry, you will be fine. Just tell any ideas that you want to say to make this company even better"
Lisa nods, "Okay. Oh and dad"
"Yes, Thalisa?"
"Before we begin, I want to ask about his family. How is the agreement that you have with them? Do you break it off?"
Her dad nods, "Yes, I did manage to break it off—well, they weren't really accepting it very well but you are more important than anything"
Lisa's eyes widened, "For real, dad? So, there is no way that Jungkook will come back?"
"Don't worry, my baby. Everything is settled"
Lisa sighed in relief, "Okay dad. Thank you"
Her dad nodded and opened the door. He lets her go inside first.
Lisa slowly walks inside the room, she sees at least 12 people inside; sitting round. She gulps her saliva, this is it, she thought. It's now or never.

Her dad is sitting just about a meter next to her. She opens her notebook and some papers about the company. She looks at these people again, trying to memorize their faces—she realizes it is time for her to talk, she takes a deep breath.
"Good morning everyone. It is an honour to finally join the company. I thank you so much to put faith in me to run this company. I have learned about the company lately and must I say that I am so proud of what we have come. From this time, I will be working with you. Please take care of me" She said. All of the people inside applaud for her speech though she didn't know if that means she did well or they were trying to be polite because her dad is here with her.
"Shall we start the meeting?" Lisa asked.
"Yes, you shall," Said one of them.
--

The meeting went well. Lisa proposed some ideas which are scout new talent every month and train them for at least 2 years before final evaluation instead of 6 years, debuting a band and a singer in a year and make a survival show for 6 months training. The ideas have been received well. Now what she can do is to execute all of them within a year to prove everyone that she's a decent CEO.
Lisa and her dad are now inside their limousine, about to go back home after almost a day of work.
"Thalisa, I'm proud of you" He stated.
She smiles, "Thank you, dad. It wasn't even the beginning"
"I know, but you did well back there," He said.
"Thank you, dad. I still need your tips and also brother's tips for this. I can't do it without you guys help"
Her dad nods, "of course, you can always come to me and ask me anything you want about this job. The important thing is you have to stay focus and not letting anything on your way to achieve your goals—and one more thing, dear"
"What is it, dad?"
"If I may give you a thought about one of your idea, you can start to spread the company's wings around the world. Find talents outside the country"
"Oh! Right! Why didn't I think of it??? God, you are a genius! I clearly still need to learn a lot!" She said in excitement.
She smiles in triumph. She knows well enough who will be her next talent—Rosie. It such a great opportunity for her, maybe her label will let them collaborate and let Rosie have a proper promotion in Thailand.


Lisa looks at the clock on the wall, it's almost midnight. She and dad clearly skipped dinner at home—this is new for her. She never skipped dinner at home.
Jennie must be sleeping already, she thought. She slowly reaches the stairs to get to her room—she was right, Jennie is already asleep; soundly.
She changed her outfit to pyjama real quick before she approaches the latter as she brings her nose closer to Jennie's cheek and caresses it slowly. Jennie shifted from her sleep; seeing her girlfriend has arrived.
"You are home," She said; still sleepy.
"You look like a baby," Lisa said to her as she slowly lay down beside her.
"Did the meeting went well?" She asked half asleep.
"Yes, it went very well"
Jennie hummed, "Good"
Lisa puts her left arm under Jennie's head so it allows them snuggling closer to each other. Jennie puts her arms around Lisa's waist, they are glued to each other that Jennie can even hear Lisa's heartbeat from here. It is always nice to listen to her heart like this so she felt like it beats for her.
Lisa kissed the top of her head, "Go to sleep, baby. I love you"
"I love you too"
--

Days after days have passed, the pattern of Lisa's activities are always the same. Working until late at night and go back home when everyone's asleep.
Jennie is always trying to make herself busy. She is also spending times with Victoria unnie. They both love to cook, although Victoria likes to cook savoury dishes while Jennie likes to bake, they are still having fun together. They both could learn from each other—just as what they are doing right now in the kitchen. Today, Jennie is learning how to make chewy noodles.
"Unnie, I am glad you're keeping me sane with this—cooking together like this," Jennie said while kneading the dough.
Victoria chuckles, "Hey, it ain't that bad. Nichkhun can be that maniac also. He always busy with his work"
"How can you survive? I really am suffering right now"
Victoria hummed as she took some ingredients out of the counter, "Well, I guess, I already get used to it. Besides, I can be very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter