09 - Hello Again

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I cannot believe that just happened.” Mikyung giggled as she turned to Haeun, who tilted her head.

“Meeting those guys?” Haeun asked innocently.

“Yes, those guys, though they just aren’t ordinary guys. It’s crazy. I would have never expected to meet them like this. Haeri unnie is not going to believe it.”

“Are they that famous?”

“Of course, they are! Chef Seokjin is the owner and chef of ‘Happiness’. We went there a few months ago. You really liked the food there. V is a freelance photographer who has a blog that I found by pure accident. He travels around the world and his photos are magical.”

“Oh, I see. I do recall going to ‘Happiness’. It does have wonderful food.”

“It’s crazy though. Out of all the places we could have met them back at home, we meet them here. I can’t believe it. I should have taken a picture with them.”

Haeun laughed, “Didn’t you just ask to hangout some time before we left the hotel? They agreed to it, didn’t they?”

Mikyung nodded, “You’re right. I can still get my photo with them.”

“Yes, you can. I still feel bad that I bumped into Jin. God, it was so embarrassing.”

“It really was. Shame on you. You’re not even a kid anymore and you were running like no tomorrow.”

“Oh shoot! We didn’t get your camera.”

Mikyung waved it off, “My camera isn’t important right now. I’m still scolding you here. Next time pay attention to your surrounding and no running. It’s dangerous. You were lucky that neither of you were injured. It would have been bad if one of you were. I wouldn’t be able to face your brothers and I would most definitely not be able to bring myself to see Chef Seokjin again.”

“Alright, you don’t have to exaggerate. Let’s just be thankful that we’re both unhurt. I would probably never be able to set foot outside again if I got injured.” Haeun leaned back in her seat.

“Probably.”

“And I do not want that, so I’m thankful. I just feel really bad that I bumped into him.”

“Yeah, Haeun, no more running.”

Haeun nodded in agreement, “No more running.”

“Good. I’m glad to hear that.”

“You’re the one to talk.”

Mikyung stuck out her tongue playfully.

“So, where are we going again?”

“We’re going to Parc Guell. I’m super excited for this. I can’t wait.” Mikyung was practically jumping up and down in her seat.

“Okay, okay, stop. You’re shaking the whole car. The driver is going to think we’re weird, so stop.” Haeun placed a hand on Mikyung’s shoulder as if to hold her down. Then the sound of her phone caught her attention. She pulled out her phone. “Haeri unnie said that she’s almost there.”

“Wonderful! I can’t wait to tell her about what happened at the hotel. Of course, besides the fact that you almost hurt yourself. She’d fuss over you more than me.”

Haeun nodded, “You’re right about that, so let’s keep it a secret.”

“Like I would tell her in the first place. I’d be as much trouble as you would be.”

“You’re not wrong there.”

“We’re here miss.” The driver stopped the car.

Haeun turned to the driver and smiled, “Thank you. Here is the payment.” She handed the money to the driver, who smiled and accepted the payment. “Come on Mikyung.” Haeun opened the door and stepped out with Mikyung behind.

“Wow.” Mikyung beamed as she looked around. “This is beautiful.”

Haeun nodded, “It sure is. I can see why it’s a world heritage site now.”

“I wonder where Haeri unnie is? She said she was going to be here, didn’t she?”

“She’ll be here.”

“Mikyung! Haeun!”

Both Mikyung and Haeun turned around to see Haeri across the street waving at them. They beamed and waved back happily.

Haeri made her way across the street to her friends. “Did I make you two wait long?” She asked.

Haeun shook her head, “No, we just arrived not too long ago.”

Haeri heaved a sigh of relief, “Good. I was worried that I was going to make you two wait for me.”

Mikyung linked arms with Haeri, “Unnie, you won’t believe what happened at the hotel.”

Haeun linked arms with Haeri’s free arm, “Let’s go inside and Mikyung can tell you all about it.”

Haeri looked between the two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter