04 - It's Night

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We’re home!” Siwon bellowed as he, Minho and Haeun stepped into the house.

“My babies!” Mrs. Choi came rushing down the staircase with a big smile on her face.

The three siblings looked up.

“Mom don’t run too fast.” Minho muse as he steps forward as she almost jumped into his arms.

“How can I not? My babies are finally here to see me.” Mrs. Choi squeezed Minho causing him to laugh out loud.

“Alright mom. I don’t want to be squeezed to death now.” Minho finally pulled away from the their mother’s hug.

“Siwon!” Mrs. Choi pulled her eldest into a tight hug.

“Oh! Mom!” Siwon laughed as he hugged her back.

“Honey don’t hug them too tight.” Mr. Choi chuckled as he walked down the hallway.

“Dad!” Haeun beamed as she ran up to her father and linked arms with him.

Mr. Choi looked at his daughter, “How is my princess doing?”

“I’m doing well, but today oppas made me work when I just got off a shift this morning.” Haeun pouted.

Mr. Choi placed a hand on top of her head, “Aw, my poor princess. Siwon, Minho, you two shouldn’t make your sister work so hard.”

Siwon and Minho stared at their father in shock.

“What…it took her like one minute to figure out the problem that we couldn’t.” Siwon defended.

“Our Haeun is still working as a nurse and being a nurse is tough.” Mr. Choi scolded.

Minho and Siwon glared at their younger sister, who stuck out her tongue at them.

“Haeun, are you not going to give me a hug?” Mrs. Choi pouted.

Haeun giggled as she let go of Mr. Choi’s arm and walked over to Mrs. Choi. She hugged her mother tightly, “I missed you, mom.”

Mrs. Choi smiled, “I missed you too. You should come home more often. Bring Haeri and Mikyung too.”

Haeun pulled back, “I will next time. They miss you and dad as well.”

“Well, they are like our daughters.” Mr. Choi grinned.

Haeun looked at her father, “I know. They’re the best sisters ever.”

Mrs. Choi pinched her daughter’s cheek, “Look at you. You’ve gotten so skinny. Are you eating properly?”

“Ow.” Haeun wrinkled her nose. “I am eating…sort of most of the times.”

Mrs. Choi frowned, “What’s that supposed to mean? You’re not eating your meals on time, are you?”

Haeun gave her mother a sweet smile, “I am eating my meals, mom. Sometimes it’s just hard to eat them on time, but I do eat three meals a day. You don’t have to worry about that.”

“Sweetie, maybe you should go work with your brothers. They’ll make sure you eat your meals on time.”

“Mom.” Haeun said sternly.

Mrs. Choi heaved a sigh, “Alright, I won’t say anymore. I just want to make sure that you’re eating your meals and they’re proper meals. They can’t be snacks.”

“I know mom. I am.”

“Speaking about proper meals, is dinner ready?” Minho asked as the mother and daughter turned their attention to him.

“Oh!” Mrs. Choi clapped her hands. “That’s right. Dinner is ready! We’ve been waiting for the three of you to arrive.”

“You must have been very excited to have us home mom.” Siwon chuckled.

“She couldn’t stop talking about it.” Mr. Choi heaved a sigh.

“Honey!” Mrs. Choi glared at her husband as the three siblings laughed at their parents’ interaction. “Now let’s go to the dining room. I’ve prepared all of your favorites.”

“As in all of our favorites?” Siwon asked with his eyes shining.

Mrs. Choi nodded, “Of course! Mrs. Nam really helped me.”

“I’ve missed Mrs. Nam!” Haeun pouted. “Her cooking is always the best.”

“I’m glad to hear that Young Miss.” A voice chuckled.

Haeun looked up and her eyes lit up, “Mrs. Nam!” She quickly ran over to the older woman and pulled her into a hug. “I’ve missed you so so soooooo much!”

Mrs. Nam smiled as she hugged the younger woman back, “I’ve missed you too, Haeun.”

“Do you not miss us, Mrs. Nam?” Minho mused with a smile on his face.

Haeun and Mrs. Nam pulled away as the older woman turned to the two younger men.

“My,” Mrs. Nam smiled. “You two seem to be doing well.”

“We miss your food Mrs. Nam.” Siwon smiled.

“Is my food the only thing you two miss?” Mrs. Nam raised a brow.

Minho and Siwon exchanged a look.

“Of course not.” Minho replied as he and Siwon walked over to the older woman and gave her a hug.

Mrs. Nam laughed as she hugged the two men back.

“If you can’t tell, Mrs. Nam and I only have each other to talk to. We’re very only without the three of you home.” Mrs. Choi chimed in.

“Oh mom.” Siwon shook his head.

“It’s true. All we can ever talk about nowadays is if you three are eating well, if you’re sick. It’s all we talk about. Why can’t you three come back home? This house is too big for the three of us to live in alone.” Mrs. Choi pleaded.

“Mom, I can’t leave Mikyung and Haeri unnie.” Haeun replied.

“Boys?” Mrs. Choi turned to her sons.

“Sorry mom. I can’t move out when I just moved in.” Minho gave her an apologetic smile.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter