Ryujin x Chaeryeong

ITZY oneshots

The school's jock, Shin Ryujin. Cool, charismatic and attractive. She wasn't the typical egotistical and annoying jock, she was different.  Everyone wanted a piece of her, she is everyone's ideal type. Sweet, attractive, charming and athletic. The girl is full of charms you couldn't help but fall for her, except for one person. Lee Chaeryeong. She couldn't see the appeal of the jock, to her Ryujin was just like the others.

Lee Chaeryeong, the school's council president. A independent and hardworking student who always seizes her moment. Professionally, she's composed and polite. But with the people she's comfortable with, she's the adorable girl with the cutest smile that can light up your world. 

.

Chaeryeong was walking to her locker, with the stress of the upcoming test and student council duties she was blanked out. She wasn't really looking where she was going and was just blindly walking straight.  Someone bumps into her in the process, causing Chaeryeong to drop her textbooks. 

"I'm so sorry, let me help you." The person who bumped into Chaeryeong squats down to help pick up her books, Chaeryeong herself grabs her books from the floor. She looked up and saw the face of who bumped into her, Shin Ryujin. The jock hands Chaeryeong her books and gives a sheepish smile. Chaeryeong simply muttered a quick thanks before walking off, she didn't want to engage in a conversation with Ryujin. Her shoulder brushes against Ryujin's while leaving. 

Ryujin watches Chaeryeong walk past her, Ryujin got a whiff of Chaeryeong's scent. She smelled like vanilla, Ryujin felt her neck and ears heating up and a weird gut feeling telling her something she can't understand. Ryujin decides to ignore it and continued her day like any other but Chaeryeong continued to cloud Ryujin's mind, making Ryujin lose focus for the entire day.

.

PE class. Chaeryeong dreaded it, she hated the place where it smelled like stinky socks and sweat. She hated the coach who would always pick on the tiniest things. Chaeryeong sits at the bleachers alone as usual after giving an excuse to the coach to not play dodgeball, her friends playing dodgeball with the others. She didn't mind, she preferred being alone anyway. Chaeryeong minds her own business until a ball hits her right in the face. Her nose throbbed with pain as the ball rolled off somewhere else, she touches her nose and she could feel blood dripping. She sighs, feeling annoyed that some doofus is that terrible at playing ball. 

"I'm so sorry! It was an accident." It was Ryujin, again. Ryujin was panicky about the situation, asking Chaeryeong a bunch of irrelevant questions. 

"Look, I'm fine. I'll just go to the nurse's office." Chaeryeong started to find the jock annoying, she stood up and walked away. Ryujin watches her leave but the weird gut feeling from before came back, this time Ryujin didn't ignore and decided to follow Chaeryeong. 

"Hey wait! I'll walk you there." Ryujin jogs up to Chaeryeong who started to find the jock even more annoying. Chaeryeong rolls her eyes and shakes her head, deciding to ignore Ryujin instead of arguing with her. 

The awkward atmosphere was putting Ryujin on edge, she wasn't used to the cold shoulder Chaeryeong was giving her. Ryujin was used to people wanting to talk to her but Chaeryeong was different. An idea came to Ryujin's mind, an imaginary lightbulb lights up above her head. 

"Hey, how about I drive you home?" Ryujin asks Chaeryeong with a apologetic smile. Chaeryeong sighs, not interested in Ryujin's offer. 

"No thanks." Chaeryeong declines her offer. 

"C'mon it's to make it up for hitting you in the face." Ryujin persuades Chaeryeong, hoping she'd accept the offer.

Chaeryeong sighs and decided to accept the offer,

"I have a student council meeting after school, are you sure you can wait?"

"Pfft, of course I can. How long could it take?" Ryujin confidently tells Chaeryeong. 

"If you say so." Chaeryeong shrugs, not believing that Ryujin would actually wait. 

"Well this is the nurse's office." Chaeryeong stops in front of the door. 

"I guess that's my cue. See you later!" Ryujin turns back to the gym, waving to Chaeryeong with a sweet smile. Chaeryeong felt her lips tugging upwards and opened the door to the nurse's office. Maybe Ryujin isn't as annoying as Chaeryeong thought. 

.

Chaeryeong sighs from exhaustion after the meeting was over, Chaeryeong leaves the school gates and sighed again after realising she had to walk home. 

"Hey!" Ryujin calls out to Chaeryeong who was already inside her car waiting. 

Chaeryeong was surprised that Ryujin actually waited. 

"C'mon! Hop in." Chaeryeong opens the passenger door and buckles herself in, she looks around the car. It had pretty decorations at the backseats, the comfortable leather seats looked expensive. 

"Nice car." Chaeryeong found the car pretty decent.

"Thanks!" Ryujin cheerfully thanked Chaeryeong.

"So, where are we heading to?" Ryujin leans against her seat, waiting for Chaeryeong to give her address. 

"Oh it's 53 XXX XXX"

"That's just around the corner. We'll be there in no time." Ryujin puts the car on drive and starts to drive over to Chaeryeong's house. The car ride was silent, Ryujin wasn't comfortable with the quiet atmosphere. 

"So, how was your meeting?" Ryujin asks, attempting to create some small talk. 

"It was fine." The short reply from the student council president only made things more awkward for the jock.

"Cool, cool." Ryujin taps her fingers on the steering wheel, the awkwardness continues to bug her. 

"So, you-" Ryujin tries to initiate more small talk but was cut off shortly by Chaeryeong.

"I appreciate you efforts on trying to create a conversation but it's fine, you can drop me off right here." Chaeryeong bluntly tells the jock to stop the car. Ryujin was flustered by what Chaeryeong said.

"O-oh right, okay." Ryujin pulls over and places the car on park. 

"Thanks for the ride. Maybe I'll see you another time." Chaeryeong shoots Ryujin a smile before opening the door and leaving.

A simple smile from the student council president made the famous jock all flustered and blushing like a tomato. 

Maybe I'll see you another time. The line repeated in Ryujin's head, which means Chaeryeong wouldn't mind seeing the jock again. It made Ryujin so happy she stayed in the car outside of Chaeryeong house for a few minutes just to recompose herself to drive again. While driving home, Ryujin had the biggest goofy smile on her face. 

 

.

a/n: you can request prompts, so i can get an idea of what to write about the ship you want. thanks for reading!