Yuna x ITZY

ITZY oneshots

A puppy. That was all it took for the unnies to shift their attention from Yuna to the puppy. The puppy had a purpose, it was to help the members of ITZY have a sense of responsibility. The puppy was only going to be around for a month but for some reason, Yuna could feel the competition between her and the puppy. 

The puppy named Coco, a mixed German Shepherd from a dog shelter. When ITZY first got the news they were excited to meet the little adorable pup. Yuna was excited too, she loves animals and who could hate a puppy? Well the moment Coco moved in with them in the dorms, the unnies started to coo and play with the puppy. Making sure the pup had every single need fulfilled. Yuna wanted to bond with the young pup too, but the puppy apparently didn't like her. 

Barking and growling at her when she tried to get close, Yuna frowns and felt sad but shrugged and thought the puppy just wasn't comfortable with her yet. But after a couple weeks, she could start to see the changes around the dorms. Even when Yuna tries to call for her members, the dog starts to bark and whine. The members would immediately run towards Coco and ignores Yuna. Yuna realised what this meant, Coco wanted to start something, maybe it was a competition for affection but Yuna didn't like it one bit. 

Yuna huffs and grits her teeth everytime this happens, the puppy would always innocently look at her. The pup knew exactly what she was doing. When the unnies leave the pup alone after making sure there was nothing wrong, Yuna would glare at Coco.

"Just because you're cute doesn't mean that they like you better." Yuna talks to Coco like she was a human. 

Coco barks back, as if telling Yuna that yes the members do like her better. Yuna grumbles and leaves the room, feeling mad and also insecure. 

Do they really like her better?

Yuna shakes off the thought, thinking that she was just overthinking. The unnies would always pick her first, right? Now that Yuna thinks about it, the girls don't pamper her like they used to. They don't buy her favourite chocolate from the store anymore, they don't pat her head and tell her she did well anymore, they don't come into her room and hug her goodnight anymore. Instead, they do it to Coco now. 

They would greet Coco first when they got home, they would buy Coco dog treats from the pet store all the time, they would spend all day talking about the puppy. 

Am I being replaced?

Yuna ponders, but pushed the thought away. The girls would never forget about their maknae. 

.

It was the last week Coco was staying with them. The girls were finishing up their dance practice, while taking breaks they kept talking about the puppy.

 "I can't believe it's already the last week." Yeji sulks about it, she was quite attached with the young pup. 

"I know, I'm going to miss that little adorable cutie." Ryujin herself couldn't believe that Coco would be leaving soon. 

"Should we get some treats for Coco?" Lia suggests.

"Yea, we should. Let's get more of those chicken jerky sticks, she loves them." Chaeryeong excitedly agreed, the other three agreeing too. 

Yuna sits there awkwardly, she felt small. She was kinda happy that Coco would leave soon but felt so ignored in the circle of her members, it felt like she wasn't even there. 

Did they really forget me?

Those thoughts cloud her mind, she wasn't sure what to feel. Yuna blanks out, staring to space. 

"Yuna, c'mon we have to practice." Yeji snaps Yuna out of her trance. Yuna gets up to practice, her mind still not focused. 

.

"Alright girls, that's all for today. Let's go back home." Yeji annouces, all sweaty from practicing. Everyone starts packing up and turning off all the lights. Yuna rushed to pack her things to catch up with the other members, by the time she finished the girls already left the room. Usually they would wait for her but today they wanted to rush to get home to feed Coco. Yuna never thought a dog would make her feel replaced until Coco came into her life. 

Yuna sighs as she walks out of the room, trailing behind the four girls who were talking among themselves. They left the building, walking back to their dorm. Yuna stops in front of the convenient store, wondering if she should get something for the girls and herself. Yuna looks in front of her to see that her unnies were still walking, not noticing that she wasn't around.

Yuna walks in, looking around to see what she should buy. Yuna walks pass the ramen aisle and looks around, she spots cups of shin ramen noodles, Lia's favourite and takes one. She looks around the store more and finds choco pies, Chaeryeong's favourite and takes a few. Right next to it was Oreos, one of Ryujin's favourite cookies, she takes a couple packs. Yuna walks around the drinks aisle and finds Yeji's favourite brand of coffee and grabs a can.

Yuna takes all the items to the cashier and takes out the money to pay for it and leaves to walk back to the dorm. 

.

"Wait. Where's Yuna?" Yeji asks the girls after realising she was missing and frantically looks around the pet store for the red headed girl. The three girls looks around too, unable to find their youngest member. The four of them immediately drop whatever they were holding and runs out the store. It was pretty late, 10pm to be exact and anything could happen to Yuna when she's alone. 

"Should we split up?" Ryujin asks, wanting to find Yuna as fast as possible. 

"Ryujin, Chaeyeong go check the dorms. Lia and I will go look around." Chaeryeong and Ryujin nods and runs as fast as they could, accidently bumping into a couple people in the process. 

Yeji and Lia walk around, looking everywhere for the red headed girl. They finally spot her leaving the convenient store, holding a plastic bag. Yeji sprints to Yuna, engulfing her in a hug.

"Don't run off like that." Yeji hugs Yuna tightly at the brink of tears. Lia catches up and hugs Yuna too, feeling relieved that Yuna was safe. 

"Why did you go off alone? You know how dangerous it can be." Lia strictly warns Yuna, her motherly instincts start to kick in.

"I'm sorry unnie. I just wanted to buy some things for you guys." Yuna sheepishly apologises and opened the plastic bag to show them the contents of it. 

"That's not a reason to run off like that and worrying us." Yeji cups Yuna's face, 

"I was so worried." Yeji takes Yuna's and Lia's hands in hers and walk back to the dorm. 

"Never leave without us again okay?" Lia tells Yuna for the hundredth time as they walk home together. 

"Yea yea, I know." 

They open the doors, Chaeryeong and Ryujin embraces Yuna. Finally relieved to see Yuna was safe. After crying and fussing about how dangerous it was for Yuna to leave without telling them, Yuna places the bag of treats she bought for them. They all thanked and hugged Yuna gratefully while Coco tries to jump to see what they were up too. 

Yuna squats down to the dog's height, stretching her hand towards Coco. She allows Yuna to pet her for the first time, leaning against Yuna's palm as she rubs her head lovingly. 

You're not so bad after all.

.

For the whole week, Yuna had all her attention towards Coco. The pup warmed up to her and she became Coco's favourite in a short amount of time. Yuna kind of neglected her unnies as she plays and treats Coco everyday for the last few days of the dog's stay. The girls had the taste of what's it like being replaced by a dog, they weren't very happy about it.

Yeji, Lia, Ryujin and Chaeryeong were some what relieved to see Coco leave and they finally had their maknae back to pamper and love for the many years to come.