Yeji x Yuna

ITZY oneshots

"Unnie! Unnie! Look, ice cream!" Yuna charges towards the aisle filled with various kinds of ice cream, Yeji trails behind her with a trolley full of snacks. 

It was the first time they went grocery shopping together. Usually, Yeji would shop with Lia but Lia was a bit busy with her schedule and Yuna volunteered to follow Yeji. 

Though Yeji tried to say no, Yuna used her adorable puppy eyes to convince her and somehow it always works. 

Yuna was incredibly excited, a little too excited. Yeji would try to get the usual but of course Yuna wanted all the snacks. Yeji wanted to stop her but Yuna looked so happy. 

Yuna's bright smile that outshines the sun and her twinkling eyes under the fluorescent lights was such a precious sight that Yeji couldn't stop the young girl from filling the trolley with even more snacks. 

Yeji only stares the contents in the trolley while Yuna was deciding on what ice cream to get. Cola, chips, cookies, more chips. There was way too many junk foods in their trolley and Yeji wasn't even sure if they could even afford them. 

"Unnie!" Yeji snaps out of her train of thoughts from Yuna's voice,

"Is chocolate chip okay?" Yuna asks with a sweet smile and Yeji only shows a small and forced smile. Yuna takes it as a yes and waddles her way to Yeji with the tub of ice cream. 

Yeji has no idea how to break to Yuna that they can't afford them all. 

As they were heading to the cashier, Yeji was starting to panic because she needed to tell Yuna before they reach the cashier. She glances over at Yuna who was skipping with a big smile on her face. 

God, Yeji really didn't want to break the bubbly girl's heart. 

"Yuna?" Yeji stops walking and Yuna looks over at her confused.

"What's wrong?" Yeji takes a deep breath,

"Yuna, we can't afford all of this." Yeji finally says and she could see Yuna's face drop. 

"I'm sorry, Yuna." Yeji felt her heart ache as Yuna's smile was now replaced with a small frown.

"It's okay, unnie! I understand." Yuna forces a small smile as she tries to cheer herself up. 

Yeji shows an apologetic smile as they head back to put all the snacks back to their respective spots.

.

When the two of them finally leave the grocery store with a couple bags filled with groceries, they call for a taxi to get back to their dorm. 

Yuna who was feeling a little down, stares out at the window unlike her usual self who'd probably be telling Yeji some silly joke she saw online.

Yeji who felt guilty decides to text Lia,

yeddeong: hey, can you get yuna a treat or something on your way back? 

Yeji sends the text message to Lia and waits for her reply. Soon enough, she recieves a notification from none other than Lia.

juliaaa: sure, is she okay?

yeddeong: she's a little sulky

juliaaa: i know exactly what to get :)

Yeji smiles at the text, she hopes whatever Lia is getting will cheer their maknae up a little.

.

While Ryujin and Chaeryeong arranges the groceries into the fridge, Yuna sulks on the coach, she was watching some drama that she wasn't very interested in. 

"Is Yuna okay?" Ryujin asks Yeji, who was busy prepping for dinner,

"We couldn't afford the snacks she wanted to get." Yeji says with a small smile, Ryujin's mouth turns into an O shape and nods before going back to help Chaeryeong. 

Their front door dings, indicating that Lia was home. 

"Yuna ah, I bought something for you!" Yuna perks up from Lia mentioning her name and she sees Lia holding a tub of her favourite ice cream. 

A smile immediately forms on Yuna's face, she no longer felt sulky. 

Yuna engulfs Lia in a hug and thanks her by giving a small kiss on her cheek, Lia chuckles from how the kiss tickles her skin slightly. 

Yuna heads towards to the kitchen to grab a spoon and opens up the container of ice cream. Instead of shoving the first scoop into , she offers it to Yeji. 

"Unnie, once ITZY gets big, I'll buy us all the snacks we want!" Yuna adorably announces, the girls laughs at how sweet Yuna is while Yeji eats the spoonful of ice cream. 

"Thank you, Yuna." Yeji says with a sincere heart. Yuna shows Yeji her signature bright smile before giving a spoonful of ice cream to the rest of the girls. 

While watching Yuna feed each of the members who all had happy smiles, Yeji makes a promise to herself that one day, she'll buy all the snacks the young maknae desires.