Ryujin x Chaeryeong

ITZY oneshots

You gave me all the signs.

Chaeryeong stares at Ryujin and her boyfriend. 

I thought we had something.

Chaeryeong turns away, she couldn't stand the sickly sweet couple.

Was it all fake?

Chaeryeong runs her hand through her hair, feeling frustrated and confused.

Or was I the stupid one?

Chaeryeong glances at Ryujin and her boyfriend again, the two looked really happy together. Chaeryeong swallows the knot in and looks away.

Yea, I think I was dumb for thinking that way.

Chaeryeong bitterly chuckles to herself, she felt so foolish for believing it. For thinking that Shin Ryujin and her had something, she thought there was a connection that drawed them to each other but she thought wrong. Chaeryeong walks away, she couldn't believe that she was dumb enough to fall for Ryujin. 

Chaeryeong felt like an idiot for thinking they had a chance, for thinking that Ryujin swings 'that' way. Chaeryeong sighs, she felt ruined. All those holding hands, kissing each other's cheek and acting like a couple were nothing to Ryujin. But whatever Ryujin does, it never fails to swoop Chaeryeong off her feet. Chaeryeong fell head over heels for the tomboyish girl, and she thought that Ryujin felt the same. 

When Ryujin broke the news that she was dating someone new, it broke Chaeryeong's heart. The fact that it was a man made things worse. Chaeryeong was crushed, Ryujin never showed any interest in guys, she always gushed over girls. Chaeryeong never thought Ryujin would date a man.

Chaeryeong was happy for Ryujin, but also really bitter about it. 

I just kinda wish you were gay.

Maybe if Ryujin was, Chaeryeong would have a chance. But all this time, it was just in Chaeryeong's head. So many what if's came to Chaeryeong's mind, she couldn't forget Ryujin. She couldn't forget the stupid feelings she had for her. 

What does he have that I don't?

Chaeryeong couldn't understand, what was wrong with her? Was she just not enough? Chaeryeong sighs again, she truly wanted to accept that Ryujin was just not into her. But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't shake it off. It almost felt like she was addicted to Shin Ryujin, maybe Chaeryeong really was. 

Maybe I'm just not for you.

Chaeryeong flutters her eyes close, letting the tears fall. 

I hope you're happy, Shin Ryujin.

Chaeryeong smiles to herself, she could taste the salty tears on her tongue. As long as Ryujin is happy, she was too. 

Maybe you're just not for me. 

Chaeryeong wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath. 

But that's okay, I know someone out there is for me.

Chaeryeong experienced her first heartbreak, but she knows someone will love her just like how she loved Shin Ryujin.