Rumors

Unexpectedly Yours

"Oh my god!", Eunice exclaimed as she shaked Sunnee back and forth. It was lunch time and they were having their lunch in their classroom. "Stop shaking me!", Sunnee shouted at her.

 

 

"Can we switch partners? I'd rather have Dylan than be with him!", Echo pleaded. Sunnee sighed at her, "Can you be contented with you partner? Besides, Wes is not that bad.", she said as she ate her food.

 

 

"Yeah, I think he is mature enough to compose a song. You're actually lucky to have him as your partner.", Cosmos said as she ate her sandwhich. Lucia looked at her, "Why are you eating sandwhich for lunch?", she asked. "I'm on a diet.", Cosmos said.

 

 

"She wants to be skinny because Mr. Lin is her partner.", Eunice teased, making Cosmos choke on her food. The girls laughed at her reaction. "Aiyo, it's not like that! Sunnee, you need to diet too!", Cosmos exclaimed. "Hey, why are you dragging me in your situation?", Sunnee said as they laughed.

 

 

Then Lucia's face suddenly turned serious as she looked at Sunnee. "Though you don't care that Dylan is your partner, you should be careful when you guys are together.", she said. Sunnee gave her a confused look, "Why?", she asked.

 

 

"I heard from his past classmates who got partnered with him that he's not that cooperative. Which means you'll do the work, and he'll gain grades without doing anything.", Lucia said. "Oh right! Sunnie said that he also hurt girls whenever they talk to him!", Cosmos said.

 

 

"Sunnie Huang is a flirt, so it's possible that she was trying to flirt with Dylan that's why he hurt her.", Echo said. "I remember that Ji Shi told me that Dylan made his own project instead of doing it with her!", Eunice said. "Ah Ji Shi? Of course he would make his own project. She'll just touch him everywhere or she'll only stare at him while he does their project.", Echo said.

 

 

"I also remember-", Lucia started but was cut off by Sunnee. "Can you guys stop it? Stop badmouthing him, he did nothing wrong. If he'll do anything to me, I'll punch him in the face.", Sunnee reassured her friends. They sighed at her as they ate their food.

 

 

Unknown to them, Brent was leaning on the wall outside their classroom, he was about to get his things but stopped when he heard Dylan being mentioned by them. "I should warn Dylan about this.", he said as he went back to the cafeteria. 

 

 

---

 

 

"Why would they believe in those rumors?", Wes asked as Brent finished what the girls are talking about earlier. Sam putted his arm around Dylan's shoulder, who had his headphones. "Bro, you should be careful around that girl. I heard she hits guys.", Sam said.

 

 

"Can you guys stop this? They're badmouthing us and you're badmouthing them. This isn't right.", Wayne said as he finished his food. "Sam's not badmouthing Sunnee. I saw her punch on of our seniors last year with my two eyes.", Wes said. "Dylan, are you even listening to us?", Wayne asked. 

 

 

Brent laughed as he looked at Dylan's phone that was connected with the headphones. "He's not even listening to music.", he said. "I won't hurt her, unless she flirts with me.", Dylan said making his friends laugh.

 

 

"What about this, let's ask them when we will start on our project. Afterall, all of us got partnered by all of them.", Wes said. Everyone agreed to his suggestion and finishes their meal.

 

 

---

 

 

The boys went back to their classroom, they found their partners talking about their project, except for Sunnee who had her head on her desk. Wes went to the girls place and Wayne, Sam, Brent and Dylan followed him.

 

 

Wes cleared his throat as they approached them making the girls look at them, with surprise on their faces, except for Sunnee who still had her head on her desk. "We want to know if you girls would want to work on our project in Brent's house, is it okay with you guys?", Wes asked.

 

 

The girls looked at each other then looked back at them, "All of us in Brent's house?", Echo asked. Brent nodded his head, "Yes, besides, you guys are partnered by my friends so it would be nice to work at my place. I'm also looking forward to working with you, Eunice.", he said as he winked at her. 

 

 

Eunice looked at Cosmos, begging for help. Cosmos then sighed and look at the boys, "Okay, we'll agree, but no flirting okay? Or else I'll ask Sunnee to beat you guys up.", she said. "But we need Sunnee's decision too.", Wayne said. 

 

 

Lucia sighed and shaked Sunnee. "Sunnee, wake up!", she said. "You know you can't wake her up by just shaking her and shouting at her.", Eunice said and stood up from her seat. She was about to pinch Sunnee's ear but then Sunnee faced her, "If you dare to pinch my ear again I'll rip your nose.", she threathened her. 

 

 

Eunice pouted at her, "Some kind of a friend you are.", she said as she walked back to her seat. "Eunice.", Sunnee called. "What?!", she shouted back at her. "You look pretty today. Can you please buy me an ice cream?", Sunnee said as she looked at her with puppy eyes. 

 

 

"Ugh, you're impossible.", Eunice said as she stood up from her seat and went to the cafeteria. The boys just looked at the girls with confusion written on their faces. Cosmos noticed this and laughed, "Don't mind those two. This is just our natural way of talking to each other.", she said.

 

 

"Anyway, Sunnee. Do you want to work on our project at Brent's place? Your friends already agreed to us.", Sam said. Sunnee nodded her head, "Okay.". The boys went back to their seats as soon as the their next teacher came.

 

 

---

 

 

"Dad, I'm home!", Dylan said as he entered his house. Chun came out of their kitchen wearing apron. "Hi son, how was school?", he asked. Dylan sat on their couch and sighed, "Dad, I have to go to Brent's house this weekend. We have a project to do.", he said. 

 

 

"Okay, just make sure you're home before ten.", Chun said as he went back to the kitchen. "I'm not a girl, Dad!", Dylan said. Then he went to his room and sat on his bed. He looked at the plastic sunflower and picked it up.

 

 

He looked at the sunflower closely and smiled. He remembered the girl back then. She was the person who made his childhood happy after his real parents died. "When will I see you again, my Sunflower?".