Your Eyes and Desserts

Unexpectedly Yours

Sunnee layed her head down as she sat on her seat. The incident yesterday kept replaying on her head. She didn't know how she will react if Dylan called her again. She was confused with her feelings, but she shrugged it off. She didn't want to loose a friend at this moment. 

 

 

"Should I act normal if he called me?", she asked to herself. She then sighed, overthinking won't help her. She was the first one to arrive at school, she then decided to go to the cafeteria to buy and eat pancake. 

 

 

As Sunnee ate, she couldn't help but remember how Dylan's eyes looked like. Those eyes were familiar to her, she just couldn't remember where and when she saw those eyes. She then opened her phone and texted Eunice.

 

 

"Don't buy me pancakes today.", she then pressed the sent button and her text was delivered. A few minutes later, Eunice replied an ok to her. Sunnee finishes her pancake, left her plate there and went back to their classroom.

 

 

As she entered the classroom, she was surprised to see Dylan there, he had his headphones on. "He's probably listening to music.", she muttered under her breathe. She walked to her seat and sighed.

 

 

"Kewalin!", she heard Dylan called her. She faced him, "When will you stop calling me that?", she asked. "Never.", Dylan said with a smile. "Everyone uses Sunnee so I'll call you Kewalin.", he continued.

 

 

"You're so childish.", Sunnee said as she smiled. "I learned that from you.", Dylan shot back. Sunnee laughed, "I'm glad we're still in good terms.", she said in her thoughts. 

 

 

"Oh right, Ella jie wants you and her older sister to stay at my dad's house during our semester break. Is that okay with you?", Dylan asked her. "I'll tell my mom about this. Let's see if she'll accept.", Sunnee said. Dylan smiled, "I hope Aunt Pauline will accept, I can't wait to spend my semester break with you.", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

 

---

 

 

They were on their last period which is Math class. They were having a short surprise quiz which made everyone groan. "Shoot, I didn't review my notes.", Sam muttered under his breathe. 

 

 

As time passes, Sam still haven't answered two problems, he scratched his head as he tried to solve the problem. "Stupid teacher.", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

On the others, they didn't seem to care that much on their quiz. They just stared at it boredly and answered them without following the right equation. But the rest of the heartthrobs and Sunnee's friends and herself answered the quiz without any second thoughts.

 

 

Wes and Echo are the top of their class so they finished the quiz in less than five minutes. Cosmos knowledge was next to theirs so she was able to answer the quiz. Dylan, Sunnee, Wayne, Lucia, Brent and Eunice aren't that bad, but they were able to answer them in ten minutes.

 

 

Ten minutes before the class will end, the teacher decided to take their papers. Everyone passed their quizzes and talked like nothing happened. Wes saw the troubled look at Sam's face.

 

 

"What's wrong?", he asked. "I didn't get to answer two problems.", Sam said in a sad tone. "Aiyo, it's okay. I'm sure you'll pass the quiz.", Wes reassured him. Wes then turned his attention to his friends.

 

 

"Come on guys, we still need to go to the gym!", Wes called for them. Cosmos looked at him, "You guys are working out?", she asked them. "Yeah, we have to maintain our healthy body.", Brent said as he showed his biceps to the girls. 

 

 

"Now that is something your fangirls would love to see.", Eunice said as a small pink tint formed on her cheeks. Brent just laughed at what she said. "How come the other guys aren't showing any of their muscles?", Lucia teased. "We're not that obsess in working out.", Wayne said as he looked at Brent. 

 

 

Wes noticed that he haven't heard Dylan's voice yet. He turned to find him talking to Sunnee. He called him over, "Dylan! Are you coming with us to the gym?", he asked. Dylan gave him an apologetic look, "I'm sorry I can't go with you guys today. Ella jie wants to see Sunnee so I'm taking her to my house.", he said. 

 

 

"Oh, take care then.", Wes said, then he and the guys left. "I'm guessing you won't walk with us?", Echo asked as she looked at Sunnee. Sunnee gave her an apologetic smile. "It's okay, we understand. Take care, both of you!", Cosmos said then they left the two. 

 

 

"We should stop by a store so I can eat before going to your house.", Sunnee suggested as they were left alone. "My dad cooked food for us, we'll eat at my house.", Dylan said. "We should be going then. I have to be home by six.", Sunnee said. 

 

 

Dylan then grabbed her hand, "Let's go.", he said as they walked. Sunnee just looked at their hands, with a small blush on her face. They took a ride on a bus, they sat at the back, and Dylan was still holding Sunnee's hand. 

 

 

After ten minutes, they finally reached his house. Dylan let go of Sunnee's hand and opened the door for Sunnee, who gladly entered the house, Dylan closed the door as he went in after her. "Dad, we're here!", he shouted. 

 

 

Chun and Ella showed up. Ella had a smile on her face as soon as she saw Sunnee, "My beautiful niece!", she said as she hugged her. Sunnee hugged her back and they let go of each other. "How's school?", Chun asked them. "It was good.", Dylan said.

 

 

"Sunnee, you're here!", a voice said. Sunnee turned around to see Pauline. "Mom? You're here too?", she asked in surprise. "Of course, Ellie told me to stay here for a while.", Pauline said. "By the way, I asked Chun to make your favorite snacks, you can go at the dinning room.", Ella said.

 

 

Pauline gave her a stern look, "Don't spoil my daughter with sweets, please.", she said. "Of course I won't.", Ella said. "Son, you can accompany her.", Chun said to Dylan. Dylan nodded his head and took Sunnee to the dinning room.

 

 

Sunnee's eyes widened when she saw her favorite snacks at the table. "Oh my god! This is heaven!", she said happily then sat on one of the seats. She then took a plate and took the pancake. She then grabbed ten pieces of cookies from the plate and placed it on her plate.

 

 

Dylan was surprise to see Sunnee like this. It was his first time seeing her devour all of her favorite snacks. He sat next to her and just watched her ate. Sunnee then took a lot of maple sauce on her pancake. She then ate eat happily, when she noticed Dylan staring at her. 

 

 

"What?", she asked him. Dylan just smiled, "Nothing, enjoy your food.", he said to her. "Aren't you going to eat?", Sunnee asked. "I'm good, I don't eat too much sweets.", he said. 

 

 

After Sunnee ate the pancake and cookies, she then took a slice of graham cake and ate it too. Dylan just watched, "How can this girl eat so much sweets?", he asked in his thoughts. Sunnee then noticed the Cookie Dough ice cream on the table, she smiled as she took out her cup and took ten spoonfull of ice cream. After she finishes eating graham cake, she turned her attention to the ice cream and ate it happily. 

 

 

Dylan noticed a little ice cream on Sunnee's chin. He took out his hankerchief, "Kewalin.", he called her. Sunnee looked at him, "Yes?", she said. "You have a dirt on your face.", he said as he wiped the ice cream off of Sunnee's face. "Thanks.", she said as she went back on eating her ice cream. Dylan smiled to himself as he watched her eat again.

 

 

Ella stood by the door watching them with a smile on her face, "I can feel the love between these two.", she said in her thoughts. "I just hope that jie will accept Dylan if he became Sunnee's boyfriend.", she said to herself as she went back to the living room.