Heart Beats

Unexpectedly Yours

Dylan, Wes, Wayne, Brent and Sam stood at the other side of the court. Sunnee, Echo, Lucia, Eunice and Cosmos stood at the opposite side of the court. "Why are we here again?", Sunnee asked them. "We're here to play volleyball.", Dylan said to her.

 

 

"And we have to make our team.", Brent said. "Us against you guys?", Lucia suggested. "Nope. Sunnee, Dylan, Echo, and Sam is in my team.", Wes said. "And Cosmos, Eunice, Lucia and Wayne will be on my team.", Brent said. "Aww.", Cosmos said as she pouted. 

 

 

Wes team got into their places while Brent's team did the same. "Before we start, I'd like to apologize if I hit someone when it's my turn to hit the ball!", Sunnee shouted. They all just laughed and got into their positions.

 

 

Minutes have passed and as they were playing, Sunnee studied the techniques of playing volleyball. But she still couldn't do it. She then realizes that it was her turn to hit the ball.

 

 

Sunnee took the ball and took a deep breathe. She then hits the ball with her hand. She was expecting it to pass the net, but to her surprise, she accidentally hit Dylan on his back. Sunnee gasped and run over to him.

 

 

"Sorry!", she apologized as she rubbed his back. Dylan just chuckled, "It's okay, no worries.", he said. Sunnee then tried to hit the ball another time, only this time to got Dylan hit on his head, and got on his knees as he rubbed his head. Sunnee rushed to him and apologized again.

 

 

This time, Brent was laughing hard while the rest just looked at the two with a smile on their faces. Sunnee almost back hugged Dylan as she tried to rub his head and apologized again. "No, no. It's fine. I'm okay.", Dylan said as he stood up.

 

 

"I'm really sorry. I told you I'm not good with volleyball!", she cried out to him. Dylan hugged her to make her feel that he's okay. "I'm okay. Don't worry.", he said to her.

 

 

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?!", Echo shouted. Dylan and Sunnee faced them and realized that they were almost hugging each other. They pulled out of the hug, both having a blush on their faces. They just laughed at the two.

 

 

---

 

 

A week had passed and it was almost semester break. Dylan and Sunnee were close as ever. Everyone noticed the little change in Dylan's behavior ever since he hanged out with Sunnee. 

 

 

He now greeted people who talks to him and sometimes they found him pinching Sunnee's cheeks whenever they mess around. Most of his fangirls were jealous but they gained a fanclub that Yao Ke started. 

 

 

Today, Dylan asked Echo to change seats with her for a day. Echo had no choice but to accept it. Every period, the two would pass notes to each other on a piece of paper. Echo would sometimes caught the two laughing silently at each other. 

 

 

It was finally break time and everyone got up from their seats to eat. "Are you guys going out?", Wayne asked his friends and the girls. Wes, Sam, Brent, Echo, Cosmos, Eunice and Lucia nodded their heads as thet got up. Then they all looked at Sunnee and Dylan.

 

 

"How about you guys?", Cosmos asked. "Just buy me my favorite snack, I'm not in the mood to go outside the classroom.", Sunnee said. "Same here.", Dylan said. The boys and the girls looked at each other and gave a teasing smile. Then they went out.

 

 

As soon as they left, Dylan threw a crumpled paper at Sunnee, who got hit on her nose. "Dylan!", she shouted at him. Dylan laughed at her, while Sunnee began throwing her crumpled papers at him. "Hey, that's not fair!", Dylan exclaimed.

 

 

The two continued throwing crumpled papers at each other when Sunnee decided to stand in her chair. "Hey, that's cheating!", Dylan said as he was getting hit by Sunnee. Sunnee however, continued throwing papers at him when her chair accidentally moves. 

 

 

Dylan could see that she was about to fall, he extended his arms to catch her. Sunnee closed her eyes as she felt herself falling. She waited for the impact but it didn't came. She opened her eyes to see that Dylan was carrying her in a bridal style. She blushed as she gaze into his eyes. 

 

 

Her heart started to beat fast as she stared at him, while Dylan's heart beats the same way. "His eyes... Why are his eyes so familiar?", she asked in her thoughts.

 

 

 

---

 

 

The four heartthrobs and the girls were at the cafeteria eating their snacks. "What do you think those two are doing?", Echo asked. "They're probably doing that.", Brent saod as he made kissing noises. "Brent! That's inappropriate!", Wes said.

 

 

"And I don't think those two will do that.", Lucia said as she finishes eating her snack. "We should head back now, I bet those two are starving to death.", Cosmos said. "I'm not done eating yet!", Sam said. 

 

 

They all sighed and waited for Sam. "So who's this childhood friend of Sunnee?", Brent asked. "It's been a week and you're still not over that?", Eunice said in disbelief. "Hey, I'm just curious because Dylan also had his childhood friend too.", Brent said.

 

 

"I'm done!", Sam said as he put away his trash. They all got up went back to their classroom. They were surprise to see Sunnee asleep and Dylan on his phone. "Did something happened between them?", Wayne asked in a whisper. They just shrugged their shoulders as they went back to their seats.

 

 

---

 

 

"Dad! I have a problem!", Dylan said as he went home. Chun and Ella looked to see Dylan with a red face. "What's wrong? Are you sick?", Chun asked worriedly. "No...", Dylan muttered as he sat beside his dad. 

 

 

"What is it then?", Chun asked. "She... She's really ny childhood friend, I just found out about this a week ago. And today, I...", Dylan started to explain but he was too flustered. "Calm down, Dylan. Tell us carefully.", Ella said. 

 

 

"Do you know about this, Ella jie?", Dylan asked. Ella nodded her head, "Chun told me yesterday. I can't believe you and my niece are fated to meet again." she said. Dylan sighed.

 

 

"So what happened?", Chun asked. "Earlier, Sunnee and I were writing notes to each other and after class, we were messing around by throwing crumpled papers at each other. Then, she suddenly stood up from her chair, and she fell down and...", Dylan said with a blush in his face. "And...?", Chun asked.

 

 

"I caught her in my arms and we stared at each other for a long time.", Dylan finally blurted out. Ella squealed in joy, "I don't know what to do, Dad! My heart beated fast when I gazed at her. I can't think straight!", Dylan frustatedly said. 

 

 

"What happened after that?", Chun asked. "...We apologized to each other and she went to sleep while I went on my phone.", Dylan said. "My boy, she is your first love, right? It's normal for you to feel this way.", Chun reassured him.

 

 

"But, what if she ignored me after that incident?", Dylan asked. "She won't. If she does, then talk to her, act like you normally do around her. But when will you tell her that you are her childhood friend?", Ella asked. "I will tell her if I have the courage to.", Dylan said. "Ella jie, please don't tell this to her.", Dylan pleaded her. Ella chuckled and smiled at him, "I won't. Don't worry.", she said.