Unexpectedly Yours Officially

Unexpectedly Yours

The next day, at 3 am, Sunnee woke up when she heard something fell in her room. She rubbed her eyes and looked around. She couldn't sleep without lights. When she looked at the floor, she found a rock with a paper plane beside it. Out of curiousty, she sat up and took the paper plane and unfolded it. To her surprise, something was written there.

 

 

Go out with me today. I'll wait for you outside your house right now. - Little Raccoon

 

 

Sunnee smiled after she read the letter. She walked up to her open window and found Dylan in front of her house. He was looking at her too. Then she heard her phone beep. She went to look and saw that Dylan texted her.

 

 

Pauline jie already knows that we're going out today. All I need is you now. 

 

 

Sunnee smiled again after she read the messege. She then replied to him.

 

 

Okay, let me change. Give me ten minutes, wait for me.

 

 

Then she went to her bathroom to change. She took a quick shower before she changed to her casual clothes. As soon as she got out of the bathroom, she grabbed her body bag and puts the things that she might need there.

 

 

Sunnee left her room in a hurry. As soon as she got out of her house, she immediately hugged Dylan who hugged her back. "Little Raccoon, I missed you!", she said. Dylan smiled, "I missed you too.", he said. They broke their hug. Dylan held her hand as they head towards his motorcycle.

 

 

Dylan got on his motorcycle and Sunnee followed after him. He then side glanced at her. "Sunflower, you should hold on to me so you wouldn't fall.", he said. Sunnee blushed and slowly slid her hands on his waist. She could feel her heart beating fast as Dylan started driving.

 

 

---

 

 

Brent, Sam, Wes and Wayne was in the park, preparing things that a certain person would needed. There were also a lot of people running back and forth as they carry a bunch of things. "Take your time guys! They won't arrive here until night time yet!", Wes shouted.

 

 

"Aiyo, I should be watching the last episode of Campus Hero now.", Wayne whined. Sam sweatdropped at him. "You can watch it on websites.", he said. "It's not the same! It's better watching it on television.", Wayne demanded.

 

 

Brent could only sigh at his friends. Then he took out his phone and texted Dylan.

 

 

You owe us a lot bro. Have fun on your date with our campus sunny girl! 

 

 

He smiled as he putted his phone on his pocket. "Dylan sure is happy right now.", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan took Sunnee to a hill. It was still dark even though it's 5:30 in the morning. Dylan sat on the hill under a tree while Sunnee was laying on the hill with her head on Dylan's lap. They were staring at the sky in silence.

 

 

Dylan was messing Sunnee's hair as they stared at the sky. It was a peaceful moment for them. Both of them wishing that this moment would last forever. But they both have things to look forward to. Somehow, Sunnee felt that something big will happen today, and it's making her anxious.

 

 

A few minutes passed then Dylan broke the silence. "Sunflower, I just realized something.", he said. Sunnee looked at him. "What is it?", she asked. "You look like my girlfriend.", he said. Sunnee had a confused look on her face. "Girlfriend? He had a girlfriend before?", she asked in her thoughts.

 

 

"Girlfriend?", she asked. Dylan looked at her. "Yes, girlfriend.", he stated. "Did you have a girlfriend before?", she asked again. "I don't have one before.", he said. Sunnee was even more confused this time. "Then what makes you say that I look like your girlfriend?", she asked. 

 

 

Dylan stared at her for a long time and smiled. "Because you're going to be my first and last girlfriend in this lifetime.", he said, as he stared at her with a loving look. Sunnee blushed hard and looked away. She couldn't help but smile at what he said.

 

 

As on cue, the sun started to rise. Sunnee stood up as soon as she saw a glimpse of sunlight. She then turned to Dylan, "Little Raccoon, the sun is rising!", she said excitedly. Dylan stood up as well and looked at the sunrise.

 

 

Sunnee took out her phone and took pictures of it. Then she faced backwards making Dylan confused. "Let's take a selfie with the sunrise!", she said. Dylan smiled as they looked at her phone. After they took pictures, they stared at the rising sun again. Dylan hugged her from behind. Sunnee blushed at what he did, but let him do it. The two of them stared at the sunrise in silence while enjoying each other's presence.

 

 

---

 

 

After taking a breakfast in a restaurant, Dylan took Sunnee to a garden-like field. He booked the place until 3 in the afternoon. He also brought a camera with him because he knows Sunnee loves nature and would probably want to take pictures of it.

 

 

He and Sunnee were now walking around the garden. It's filled with all kinds of flowers. It was also broad daylight. They were walking hand in hand. They would stop at each kind of flower to take pictures of it and of them with the flowers.

 

 

Hours passed by and the two of them isn't still done with walking around the garden. Dylan would sometimes, stare at her face as she stare at the different kinds of flowers. Then Sunnee stopped walking making Dylan stop too.

 

 

"I really love sunny days!", she exclaimed. Dylan looked at her, "You like sunny days?", he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "Yup, because this kind of days cheers me up.", she said with a smile. Dylan made a smile. "So you don't like rainy days?", he asked.

 

 

Sunnee thought for a while. "Hmm... It depends on my mood.", she said. Dylan nodded his head, completely understanding her. Sunnee then looked at him with a cute face, "What about you?", she asked. Dylan looked at her. "Which one do you like? Sunny days or rainy days?", she asked.

 

 

Dylan thought for a while too then looked back at her. "It depends too.", he said. Sunnee gave him a confused look. "Why?", she asked. Then Dylan slowly looked at her. "As long as I'm with you, no matter of it is a sunny day or a rainy day, I'll definitely like those days.", he said. Sunnee blushed at what he said.

 

 

"Aiyo, when did you start talking like that?", she whined cutely. Dylan laughed at her. "Why? Don't you like it?", he asked with a cute smile. Sunnee smiled, still with a blush on her face. "Of course I like it... I'm just not used to it...", she said shyly. Dylan smiled at her and hugged her tight.

 

 

Then he saw something behind her. He smiled widely upon seeing it. Then he let go off her. "Sunflower, turn around.", he said. Sunnee gave him a confused look before turning around. Her eyes widened in surprise. In front of them, is a space filled with sunflowers. It has a table for two with a meal already in it and drinks.

 

 

Sunnee looked up at him with expecting look. "So is this a garden date?", she asked. Dylan decided to , by shrugging his shoulders. Sunnee pouted at him before crossing her ams cutely. Dylan laughed and took her to the table. Then they had lunch at the garden, with them taking pictures.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan took out his phone as he waited for Sunnee who was at the restroom at this moment. He texted Brent with a serious look.

 

 

Brent, is everything set at the park? 

 

 

Of course, my lovesick buddy. All that is missing is you and your Sunnee.

 

 

Good. Thanks for your help.

 

 

Dylan smiled as he put his phone away. As on cue, Sunnee came out of the restroom. Dylan looked at her, "Let's go?", he asked. Sunnee smiled then held his hand. The two of them walked towards his motorcycle hand in hand.

 

 

At the park, Brent was telling everyone to scram. "Leave, leave! The couple will arrive in any minute. Move your tired butts now!", he commanded. The people who helped them arrange the place was in a hurry to leave the park.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee was in awe seeing the park. She looked around and saw her name on a wall, it was made by paper sunflowers. She smiled upon seeing that. She then turned to Dylan who was staring at the park as well. "You prepared this for me?", she asked. 

 

 

Dylan looked at her with a smile. "I planned this. Did you like it?", he asked. Sunnee smiled widely and hugged him. "I love it!", she exclaimed. Dylan hugged her back. "There's still more. I know you'll love it too.", he said. Sunnee looked up at him and pinched his cheeks.

 

 

"Let's go?", he asked. Sunnee grabbed his hand. They walked towards the picnic spot and sat there. Dylan prepared their foods that was in baskets. Sunnee's eyes widened upon seeing her favorite foods, and also Dylan's favorite foods. Yes, Dylan learned to eat Sunnee's favorite foods.

 

 

There were pancakes, ice cream, mango graham cake, french fries, carbonara, cheese bread, nachos, and bacon and egg with fried rice. Their drink is a mango shake that Dylan made with his special and secret recipe. There were also two speakers in each side of the park near the picnic spot. As Dylan and Sunnee ate, multiple love songs were playing as their background music.

 

 

---

 

 

Pauline paced back and forth at Wu's residence. Ella sighed as she watched her older sister walk around. "Jie, stop pacing around! You're making us dizzy.", she said. Pauline sighed and crossed her arms, but still paced back and forth. "Then don't look at me!", she exclaimed. Ella could only roll her eyes at Pauline.

 

 

Chun looked at the wall clock. "Sunnee will be fine. Dylan is with her and he won't let something happen to her. And he promised me and Ella that he would bring Sunnee home before 10 in the evening.", he reassured her. Pauline stopped walking and huffed. "But why ten?! Can't they finish their date in 8 or something?!", she demanded.

 

 

Ella sighed at this. "Aiyo, jie. They're grown ups now. Let them enjoy their date. Besides, something big will happen today so let it happen before they go home.", she said. Pauline looked at her with a confused face. "What do you mean by that, Ellie?", she asked. Ella smiled and shrugged her shoulders, teasing her older sister.

 

 

---

 

 

8:00 pm

 

 

Dylan and Sunnee gazed at the stars in the sky. Both of them had fallen asleep after they ate snacks and dinner. Sunnee had her head on Dylan's shoulder while Dylan's head was on Sunnee's. 

 

 

Dylan was holding Sunnee's hand while playing with it. He felt that her hand fits his and that they're the other half of each other. He could still smell her vanilla scent as they enjoyed the night. There was still a background music playing making their moment more romantic.

 

 

Dylan, once again, decided to break the silence. "Sunflower, what's your biggest fear?", he asked. Sunnee pouted when he asked that. "Why are you asking it?", she asked. Dylan smiled, "I'm just curious that's all.", he said. Sunnee decided to answer him. "I'm scared of the dark.", she said.

 

 

Dylan gave her a confused look. "Dark? Why? Then aren't you supposed to be scared right now because we're under the dark?", he asked. Sunnee giggled at this. "Silly! I meant pure darkness.", she said. Then Dylan became serious. "I won't let you stay in the dark. However, if you stay, I won't ever leave your side.", he said. 

 

 

Sunnee smiled and blushed at this. However, she wanted to get back at him for making her feel shy and fluffy today. He's getting more romantic and cheesy towards her. "What about you? What's your biggest fear?", she asked. Dylan smiled, "I thought you'll never ask.", he said.

 

 

He then sat up straight and looked at her. He knew she was waiting for his answer by the way she looked at him. His face became serious once again. "My biggest fear is loosing you.", he said. With that simple statement, Sunnee blushed hard and covered her face. She was too overwhelmed with his words today.

 

 

Dylan laughed at this and hugged her. Sunnee knew that she couldn't get back at him with him saying sweet words to her. She decided to give up. Then Dylan broke his hug and took something behind him. He held a small yellow box with a red ribbon. (A/N:: This is the box I mentioned in the last chapter.)

 

 

"Sunflower, can you please close your eyes?", he asked. Sunnee pouted at him. "Don't tell me you're leaving me?", she teased. Dylan laughed at this. "Of course I won't! Just close your eyes, please?", he pleaded. Sunnee sighed and closed her eyes. Dylan placed the small box in front of her.

 

 

"You can open your eyes now.", he said. Sunnee slowly opened her eyes. She saw the small box in front of her. "You can open it.", Dylan said. Sunnee took it and slowly untied the red ribbon. When she took the ribbon off, she opened the box. She gasped and smiled when she saw a necklace with a sunflower pendant on it.

 

 

"This is so beautiful!", she exclaimed. Dylan smiled at this. "I made that.", he proudly stated. Sunnee looked at him is surprise. "Really?", she asked. Dylan nodded his head. "It took me five years to finish this necklace. I want this necklace to be beautiful like my future girlfriend.", he said. Sunnee blushed again. "Aiyo, too corny.", she teased.

 

 

Dylan laughed at this. Then Sunnee held the necklace to him. Dylan gave her a confused look. "Can you please put this on me?", she asked. Dylan smiled at her. "Of course, my Sunflower.", he said. He then knelt down while Sunnee turned around. He carefully wore the necklace on her neck. As soon as he was finished, Sunnee faced back again. 

 

 

She looked at the necklace that was now on her neck. "It's so beautiful.", she said softly. Dylan heard her, "It's beautiful like the owner.", he said. Sunnee blushed again. "Little Raccoon!", she whined. Dylan laughed again. "Okay, I'll give you a break.", he said.

 

 

Then Dylan stood up and extended his hand. Sunnee looked up at him with a confused face, but took his hand. He helped her stood up. She faced him with a confused face.

 

 

"Kewalin, I want to tell and ask you something.", he said in a serious tone. Sunnee suddenly became nervous at his sudden change of tone and him calling her by her real name again. "What is it?", she asked nervously.

 

 

"Do you still remember my promise?", he asked her. Sunnee slowly nodded her head. "That you'll find me and make me happy so that you can see me smiling again?", she said. Dylan smiled lightly and nodded his head. "That's not all.", he started. Sunnee gave him a confused look.

 

 

As he was about to speak, no voice came from his mouth. He tried to speak but he couldn't blurt out the words that he will say. Sunnee giggled slightly at this. "Aww, is Little Raccoon shy that he can't properly talk right now?", she teased. Dylan blushed in embarrasment. He took a deep breathe, "It's now or never, Dylan. Take the risk.", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

"When I found you, I realized that I shouldn't just make you happy. I want you to feel love and safe with me. I also realized that I want to spend more moments with you. Not just happy moments, but also through your ups and downs. I want to experience everything with you, I want to spend more time with you. I want to be your everything. I love you Sunnee. Where ever you came from or what's your past, I will always love you. Even if I call you by your Thai name, English name, or Chinese name. For me, you're my one and only Sunflower. Kewalin, are you willing to be my one and only girlfriend?", he finally asked and confessed.

 

 

Sunnee stared at him. She was too overwhelmed with his confession. She felt tears formed in her eyes as she smiled. "Yes, I am willing to be your one and only girlfriend.", she said. Dylan looked at her in surprise. He saw her smiling while happy tears fall from her eyes. He smiled at hugged her then spun her around. "Thank you, my Sunflower.", he exclaimed happily.

 

 

Sunnee laughed as Dylan puts her down. He wiped the tears on her cheeks. "Why do you love me?", she asked. Dylan looked at her. "Do I need a reason to love you?", he asked. Sunnee could only giggle at him. "Okay, if you want a reason I'll give you one. I love you because you make me happy and you lightened up my life. But I still believe that loving a person doesn't need a reason.", he stated.

 

 

Sunnee blushed again and buried her face on his chest. "I can't believe you're mine, my Sunflower.", Dylan whispered. Sunnee smiled, "I can't believe that I'm unexpectedly yours too.", she whispered back. He smiled and hugged her tightly. "I love you, my Kewalin.", he said. "I love you too, my Dylan.", she said.

 

 

They pulled from their hug and stared at each other. Dylan inched his face closer to hers, as he was doing that, he was also slowly closing his eyelids while Sunnee did the same. Then their lips finally met, they shared a long passionate kiss as a shooting star passed by.