Getting To Know You

Unexpectedly Yours

Sunnee rushed to their front door as she wore her shoes, "Mom! I'm going to school now!", she shouted. Pauline who was washing their clothes on the backyard went back inside to check Sunnee. "Be sure you come home before your curfew alright?", she told her.

 

 

Sunnee smiled at her, "Of course mom.", she said then left the house. Pauline smiled, "My daughter's a lady now. I just wished she didn't cut her hair short.", she said to herself. 

 

 

"I'm home!", a familiar voice said. Pauline turned back to see a familiar figure. "My youngest sister! You're back! I missed you.", Pauline said as she hugged her sister. "I came here to tell you some good news.", her sister said as they went to the living room.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan sat beside Sunnee, the teacher asked them to seat by partners to see if there are any progress with their project. Sunnee took out their piece and showed it to Dylan. "You're done with putting the lyrics together?", he asked her.

 

 

Sunnee nodded her head, "Yep, but now we need a tune. I don't know how to make one.", she said. Dylan gave her a look, "Then how did you made your own song?", he asked. "My cousin helped me.", she replied back.

 

 

"Then your problems are solved. I'm good at this.", Dylan said. Sunnee looked at him with surprise, "Really?", she said in disbelief. Dylan nodded his head, "Just give me a few days then before you know it, we're done! But you have to learn to sing the tune I made cause I have a feeling that we will sing the song we composed.", he said. "Okay.", Sunnee said happily.

 

 

"So um... I think we should get to know each other?", Sunnee suggested. Dylan gave her a warning look, "Are you trying to flirt with me?", he asked her. Sunnee laughed at him, "No! It's not like that. Eunice and Echo made a bet.", Sunnee said.

 

 

"And those bet have something to do with us?", Dylan asked. "If Eunice wins this bet then she'll always treat me to my favorites so she has to win.", Sunnee said. "That's childish.", Dylan mutterred.

 

 

"Anyway, Echo bet that both of us will have a bad start as partners and we'll end up in a bad relationship. Eunice bet that both of us will be friends and we have a good relationship. And the bet is Eunice treating me to my favorites or Lucia will confess to her crush.", Sunnee explained.

 

 

"That's still childish.", Dylan said. "Aiyo, just let us be friends okay? I'm not doing this for myself but also for Lucia, she doesn't want to confess to her crush until Valentine's Day comes.", Sunnee pleaded him.

 

 

"Okay, okay. But what do I gain for this?", Dylan asked. Sunnee made a look at him, "Oh, so you're that kind of person...", she said in her thoughts. "You'll gain a true friend.", she said. Dylan gave her a look, "Hey, I may like to joke around and sometimes bully my friends but I am a very loyal friend. You can trust me with anything.", Sunnee defended herself.

 

 

"Okay, you got yourself a new friend.", Dylan gave in, somehow in his heart, he always wanted to have a girl bestfriend so that once he found his first love, he will know how to treat her well. 

 

 

"So first things first. What's your full name? English and Chinese name.", Sunnee said. "My full name is Dylan Xiong Zi Qi. You?", he said. "Sunnee Yang Yun Qing. I came from Thailand.", she said. "You're from Thailand?", Dylan asked in surprise. 

 

 

Sunnee nodded her head. "Then Sunnee Yang Yun Qing isn't your real name.", Dylan said. Sunnee laughed at him, "Okay, okay. My real name is Kewalin Boonsatta.", she said. "That's a weird name.", Dylan said. 

 

 

Sunnee punched him lightly on his shoulder as she laughed, "Hey, stop messing with my real name. Just call me Sunnee.", she said. "I would prefer to call you Kewalin.", Dylan teased. "Dylan!", she said as they laughed together.

 

 

---

 

 

Dance Class.

 

 

Sunnee and her friends sat as the field where they will practice their new dance with the class. As they were waiting for their teacher, a group of girls walked towards them. 

 

 

"Ehem.", Yao Ke, the campus' cheerleader said. They all looked at her to see that she was looking at Sunnee. "What is it, Yao Ke?", Lucia asked. Yao Ke looked at her, then back at Sunnee. "I want to have a dance competition with Sunnee.", she said. 

 

 

Echo, Cosmos, Lucia and Eunice looked at Sunnee, who gave them a confused look. "Why do you want to compete with her?", Cosmos asked. "I just felt like it.", Yao Ke replied back, but they could see the anger in her eyes as she looked at Sunnee.

 

 

"Okay, I'll accept it.", Sunnee said. Yao Ke smirked, "A y dance competition.", she said making Sunnee's eyes widen. "Hey, you didn't say that it's y dance!", Eunice said. "Well, I am challenging her with a y dance. Are you going to accept it or not?", Yao Ke said. 

 

 

"I'll accept it on one condition.", Sunnee said. "What is it?", Yao Ke asked. Sunnee faced her friends, "You guys know that I only dance y when I'm with you guys.", she said. Echo sighed, "Okay, we'll dance with you because we care for you.", she said. Sunnee gave her friends a thank you smile then faced Yao Ke. "All of us, against you guys.", she said.

 

 

Yao Ke faced her friends, who is Shi Min, Wang Ting, Cheng Cheng and Sylvia. "Let's start, girls.", she said as they went to their positions.

 

 

Dylan's friends and the class' attention went towards them as they saw Yao Ke and her friends in a dance position. The song started and Sunnee became nervous, "Oh my gosh, it really is a y song.", she said in her thoughts. Cosmos patted her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile.

 

 

(A/N:: The dance that Yao Ke, Sylvia, Shi Min, Wang Ting and Cheng Cheng are performing is Feel It Hot *I don't know the real song name because it's in Chinese I'm sorry* performed by Yao Ke and her group in Produce 101 China.)

 

 

Everyone, mostly the boys cheered as they watched Yao Ke and her friends dance ily. Wes noticed the flirtatious look that Yao Ke gives to Dylan when she dances. "Looks like she has eyes for Dylan...", he said in his thoughts. 

 

 

Yao Ke finished dancing with her group and looked at Sunnee with a thriumphed look on her face. "Next.", she said. Sunnee looked back at her friends, "Sorry for dragging you guys to this little competition.", she apologized. They smiled at her, "It's okay, we have your back.", Lucia said.

 

 

They got into their positions, Sunnee shooked her nervousness as the song starts, making everyone cheer them on. (A/N: The song is Huo Li y (I'm not sure with the title) performed by A'N'D on 100% Entertainment.) 

 

 

As they were dancing, Sunnee didn't mind those people watching her. She just want to end this y competition so she gave her all. As soon as they were done, everyone cheered, louder than before. "Looks like the cheer this time is louder. Which means you won this little competition Sunnee.", Echo said.

 

 

Yao Ke faced them. "Just because you won this doesn't mean that you won over him.", she said then stormed off with her friends behind her. "Him? Who is she talking about?", Sunnee asked. Her friends just shrugged their shoulders as their Dance class started.