Dessert Museum

Unexpectedly Yours

Sunnee and Zi Ting were alone in the guest room that night. Chun, Ella, and Pauline were watching something on the television while Dylan fell asleep in his room. Zi Ting gave Sunnee a look.

 

 

"Care to tell me what's your relationship with him?", she asked. Sunnee gave her a confused look, "Who?", she asked back. "Dylan! What's your relationship with him?", Zi Ting asked again. Sunnee remember the night before, when he told her that he would court her when her mother isn't around, "We're just friends.", she told her.

 

 

"Oh? I've never seen you look and smile that way. Not to mention, the last time I've seen you like that was when you met this crybaby childhood friend of yours.", Zi Ting said. Sunnee gave her a nervous laugh, "Actually, I have to tell you something... Which might surprise you since it's been a while since we talked to each other.", she said. Zi Ting looked at her, waiting for her.

 

 

"That little boy back then... He's Dylan...", Sunnee said. Zi Ting's eyes widened, "Oh my god, really? No wonder you were looking at him that way!", she said. Sunnee have her a confused look, "What way?", she asked. "Oh, that way! You know, where two lovers looked at each other like nothing could seperate them.", Zi Ting gushed.

 

 

Sunnee blushed when she heard that, "And since when you started to know these stuff?", she asked. "My friends always look like that when they're with their boyfriend.", she said. Sunnee sweatdropped at her.

 

 

"Well, I'm happy that you found your first love and also your childhood friend. I hope good things will happen to you guys in the future.", Zi Ting said with a smile. Sunnee smiled back and hugged her.

 

 

---

 

 

The next day.

 

 

"Dad, Ella jie, Pauline jie, Zi Ting, we're leaving now!", Dylan said from the living room. He was waiting for Sunnee who was getting something from the dinning room. "Hey, wait for me!", Sunnee shouted as she grabbed the thing she was looking for. 

 

 

Their relatives were at the stairs watching them. "Dylan, I trusted you with my daughter. Bring her back safely, okay?", Pauline said. Dylan gave her a reassuring smile, "Of course, Pauline jie.", he said. "Sorry for making you wait.", Sunnee said as she walked to him.

 

 

Dylan was surprised to see her holding a bag of cookies and was eating one, he sweatdropped at her, "Really now?", he teased. Sunnee punched him lightly on his shoulder, "Aiyo, let's just go!", she said. Dylan laughed and they walked out of his house.

 

 

Their relatives followed them and watched them at the door. Dylan got his car and opened the seat in the passenger's seat for Sunnee. After Sunnee went in, Dylan got into the driver's seat and starts the car and drove off.

 

 

Zi Ting smiled as they left, "Aunt Pauline, Nee and Dylan looked good together right?", she asked as she looked at Pauline. "As long as he's not into music, then I'll allow them to be together.", Pauline says. Chun and Ella looked at each other with worried looks on their faces.

 

 

Zi Ting sighed and went inside the house and the elders followed her.

 

 

---

 

 

"Are we there yet?", Sunnee asked Dylan. "Looks like someone is excited.", he teased. "This is my first time, and it's a dessert museum. Should I be sad instead?", Sunnee said at him. Dylan laughed, and the radio, as on cue, one of Sunnee's favorite song was playing.

 

 

"Ah~! My favorite song!", Sunnee exclaimed happily. Dylan smiled when she started singing happily, seeing her this happy makes him happy too. Dylan stopped driving when he noticed the traffic light turns red. Sunnee then looked at him at the same time he looked at her.

 

 

"Do you wanna be my baby? Do you wanna be my lover~?", Sunnee sung as she looked at him with a cute smile. Dylan blushed a little and looked away from her, while Sunnee just laughed at his reaction. 

 

 

A few minutes later, Dylan found himself singing with her as they drove to their destination. Ever since he got his car when he was 16 years old, this is the first time he drove his car happily, and with someone he loves the most. 

 

 

They arrived at their destination. Dylan got out of the driver seat, closed the door, then went to the passenger's seat and opened the door for Sunnee. Sunnee got out of his car and jumped happily, "Let's go!", she said in an excited voice.

 

 

Dylan smiled and held her hand. Sunnee blushed at what he did. They walked at the entrance and waited for their turn since Dylan already paid for them. When they entered the first room, Sunnee ran in leaving Dylan.

 

 

"Donuts!", she exclaimed happily as she looked at the donuts hanging from the ceiling. Dylan walked in and took his phone and opened the camera. "Sunflower!", he called. Sunnee turned to him with a huge smile on her face. "Yes?", she answered.

 

 

"Can we take pictures as we enter each room? It's a memory of ours.", Dylan asked. Sunnee smiled at him, "Sure! And it's our first picture together, right?", she said. Dylan then took a picture of them while both of them held on a donut.

 

 

Next, they entered a room filled with marshmallows and snowflakes hanging on the ceiling room. Then someone came to them and gave Sunnee four pieces of marshmallows that was filled with milk and strawberry cream on a stick.

 

 

Sunnee took a bite of marshmallow that was filled with strawberry. Her eyes widened when the tasted it, "It tastes good!", she said to Dylan. "What about the milk one?", he asked her. Sunnee took a bite of marshmallow that was filled with milk, "It's good too! I like this better.", she said.

 

 

She then turned to Dylan "Try it!", she said as she held out the marshmallows. Dylan lowered his head and took a bite of the strawberry marshmallow, "I love this one.", he said. Then he took a bite of the milk marshmallow, "This is good too. But I prefer strawberry.", he said.

 

 

"Are you a girl?", Sunnee asked him. Dylan was surprised at what she said. "What makes you ask that?", he asked her. "Girls mostly likes stawberry flavored desserts.", she said. "Then why did you like milk? Aren't you a girl too?", he asked her. Sunnee pouted while Dylan laughed. Then they took a picture together again.

 

 

The next room they entered was filled with candy cranes. Sunnee was surprised to see this, "I can feel the Christmas Eve!", she exclaimed. Dylan smiled and held her hand again, they walked around the room and took pictures. They both talked normally because they got tired since they got too excited. 

 

 

Sunnee entered the next room first, she was surprised to see that it has a ball pool with a mini basketball ring on it. She took off of her shoes and jumped on the pool. Dylan took off of his shoes as well and joined her. He was surprised when Sunnee threw a ball at him.

 

 

"Hey, that hurts!", he exclaimed. He threw a bunch of balls at her while she does the same. They continued to throw balls at each other until they found themselves shooting the balls to the ring in the pool. They even went to the point where Sunnee got on Dylan's back so that she could shoot the balls better. 

 

 

They got tired and went out of the pool. They wore their shoes and went to the next room. Sunnee was in awe to see fake but beautiful clouds hanging from the ceiling, it looked real and it has different shades of color such as violet, pink and blue, just like a girly galaxy. Again, they took a picture. But Dylan did something Sunnee wasn't expecting. He kissed her cheek as soon as he clicked the button of his camera while Sunnee was smiling with her tongue out and a wink. 

 

 

"Dylan!", she exclaimed after she saw him do that. He just laughed at her and ruffled her hair making her to look like she was pouting. It was the last room in the Dessert Museum and they have to leave soon. They went to the room where they can buy souveniers. 

 

 

As they were walking around to buy some souveniers, Sunnee stopped as she noticed something. It was an ice cream pillow, and it has her favorite flavor as she recognized the color of the ice cream. She stared at the prize tag then looked away. It was too expensive, she decided not to buy it.

 

 

"Dylan, I'll wait for you outside.", she said to him then left before he could answer her. Dylan looked at her then looked around again, looking for the things that he can buy. He finally bought two souveniers and went back to his car where Sunnee was waiting for him.

 

 

---

 

 

"Dad, Ella jie, Pauline jie, we're home!", Dylan called as he and Sunnee got inside his house. They were greeted by them at the living room. Sunnee joined them in the couch and looked around, "Where's Mimi?", she asked. "She went out to shop.", Pauline says. 

 

 

Dylan went upstairs to get dressed in his pajamas. Ella then looked at Sunnee with a smile, "How was the tour? Did you enjoyed it?", she asked. Sunnee nodded her head with a smile looking at Ella, "I enjoyed it, it was fun seeing desserts taller than people in person.", she said.

 

 

"Did Dylan did anything to you that you didn't like?", Pauline asked. "Jie!", Ella exclaimed. Sunnee remembered the moment when Dylan kissed her cheek when they were taking a picture. "Nope, he didn't do anything. In fact, he was guiding me like a brother would do.", she said. "Of course, I've tought him well.", Chun said.

 

 

Sunnee yawned as she felt her eyelids get heavier. Pauline noticed this, "You must be tired. You should go upstairs now and sleep. Change your clothes as well.", she said. Sunnee nodded her head and went upstairs to the guest room. She took her pajamas, went to the bathroom and showered. She then wore her pajamas after showering and got out of the bathroom.

 

 

She sat on their bed as she dried her wet hair, when she noticed a paper bag on their bed. It has her name, "I didn't bought anything.", she said to herself. Out of curiousty, she grabbed it and took out what it inside it. She was surprised to see what is it.

 

 

"Ice cream pillow!", Sunne exclaimed happily. It was the same ice cream pillow she was looking at Dessert Museum. "How did it got here?", she asked to herself. "Could it be... Little Raccoon bought it for me?", she thought to herself. She looked at the pillow again, hugged it and smiled. 

 

 

Dylan stood at the door, watching her. He smiled to himself seeing her smiling like that, "I'm glad I was able to see your smile again.", he thought to himself. He took one look of her before he got into his room to sleep.