Confession

Unexpectedly Yours

Sunnee, Cosmos, Lucia, Echo and Eunice smiled as they looked at Eunice's phone. They were taking a picture at the school's garden when Dylan came up to them.

 

 

"Kewalin!", he shouted. Sunnee turned to him, "When will you stop calling me that?", she whined at him. Dylan then turned to her friends, "Can I borrow Sunnee's time for a while?", he asked. Cosmos gave him a teasing look, "Okay, just don't hurt her.", she said. 

 

 

Dylan grabbed Sunnee's hand as they walked away from her friends, they stopped at the field where there are sunflowers. "What's the catch, Dylan?", Sunnee asked as soon as they stopped walking.

 

 

"I have to tell you something. But first, answer my questions.", Dylan said. "Okay." Sunnee said as she gazed at the sunflowers. "Do you like sunflowers?", he asked her. Sunnee nodded her head, "Yep, they're my favorite flowers. Seeing them makes me smile.", she said. 

 

 

"Where did you buy that sunflower hairclip?", Dylan asked. Sunnee looked at him, "How did you know that I have a hairclip?", she asked him. "I saw it when you asked Echo to order me to bring your pontytail.", he replied. "Well, someone gave it to me when I was younger.", Sunnee said as she smiled.

 

 

"Who?", Dylan asked. Sunnee looked at him, "I remember the boy's face but I don't know his name. He told me he'll find me when we grew up, so I'm still waiting for him.", she said. Dylan smiled this time, "So what does Xiao Huan Xiong means?", he asked her.

 

 

"Little raccoon.", Sunnee replied normally. "Then do you remember me, Sunflower?", Dylan asked as he looked at her. Sunnee froze as she heard that nickname again, she slowly turned to face Dylan, "H-how did you know that nickname?", she asked.

 

 

"Someone gave me a fake sunflower when I was younger, that person told me to always smile and be happy. One day I found out that she was leaving, and I made a promise to her that I'll find her when we grew up to see her smiling again, and to make her happy.", Dylan said as he gazed at her.

 

 

"Y-you're Little Raccoon?!", Sunnee asked in surprise. "Took you long enough to know!", Dylan said as he laughed. He was expecting her to shout at him for not telling her earlier but she did something he wasn't expecting.

 

 

Sunnee hugged him, he was taken back but he hugged her back. "I missed you, Little Raccoon!", she said. Dylan smiled as she let go of him. "I miss you too, my Sunflower.", he said. They hugged again with a smile on their faces.

 

 

---

 

 

After their last period, everyone rushed outside the classroom to started celebrating because it's semester break. The five heartthrobs and the girls was left alone again in the classroom.

 

 

"Ah, I can now finally relax!", Brent said as he stretched his arms. "What are your plans this break?", Wes asked them. "I'm planning to have a vacation out of town.", Cosmos said. "I'll just relax at my house.", Lucia said. 

 

 

"Me and my family will go to the beach.", Eunice said. "Good for you, I have to help my parent's with their work.", Echo said. "I'll also go to the beach this week!", Brent said. "Oh, what a coincidence.", Eunice said.

 

 

"I have to train my younger cousins with baseball.", Wes said. "I have a family reunion.", Sam said. "I'll catch up with the movies I haven't watched yet.", Wayne said. Then they all looked at Dylan, who was texting someone on his phone, and Sunnee, who was staring at the window.

 

 

"What about you, Sunnee?", Echo asked. Sunnee looked at them, "My mother and I will stay at Ella jie's", she said. The boys looked at each other then to Dylan, "Doesn't Ella jie lives at your house?", Wes asked. Dylan nodded his head. 

 

 

"Ohh... so you will stay at Dylan's house, huh?", Eunice teased. Sunnee made a face at Eunice. "Okay okay, I won't say anymore.", Eunice said. 

 

 

Dylan got up and took his bag while still looking at his phone, "Sunflower, Ella jie will pick us up from the school gate.", he said. Sunnee got up and took her bag as well, "Did Chun ge cook this time?", she asked. "Of course, but there's not much sweets today.", Dylan said making Sunnee pout.

 

 

The others gave them a confused look, "Uh... care to explain your situation?", Lucia said. Dylan faced the guys, "Remember what I told you guys earlier?", he asked them. "That you'll say who's this Sunflower girl of yours?", Sam said. Dylan smiled, "Well here she is now.", he said as he held up Sunnee's hand. 

 

 

Everyone gasped. "He's 'Little Raccoon'?", Eunice exclaimed. Sunnee nodded her head as she smiled. "And she's 'Sunflower'?", Wayne asked. Dylan nodded his head. "Oh my god!", the girls exclaimed. "This is unexpected!", Wes said. 

 

 

Dylan and Sunnee looked at each other and smiled, "I'm glad he finally said that he's Little Raccoon, he won't call me by my Thai name anymore.", Sunnee said. "I will still call you Kewalin.", Dylan teased. Sunnee punched his arm, "I'm just kidding.", he said as he laughed.

 

 

---

 

 

A girl sat on her bed as she sipped a cup of tea. She was scrolling through her phone when someone called her, "Xuan Yi!", a voice called. She looked at her door to see her best friend. "Mei Qi! I'm glad you came.", Xuan Yi said as she stood up and hugged Mei Qi.

 

 

"I missed you!", Mei Qi said as she sat on her bed. "How's school?", Xuan Yi asked. "Everything is fine in Macaron.", Mei Qi said. "By the way, when will you transfer to my school?", she asked. "After semester break.", Xuan Yi said. Mei Qi squealed, "That's great! I can't wait for you to meet our campus heartthrobs, one of them seems to fit as your boyfie.", she said. 

 

 

Xuan Yi laughed at her, "Aiyo, I'm not interested in relationships.", she said. "But one of them is your ideal guy! He's handsome too, you guys are perfect for each other.", Mei Qi said. Xuan Yi just gave her a smile, "We'll see...", she said.

 

 

---

 

 

"Jie, you and Sunnee will be sleeping here.", Ella said as she lead them to the guest room. Pauline gave her a smile, "Thank you.", she said. Sunnee looked around at the room she will be staying.

 

 

"If you need anything just knock on my room.", Ella reminded them then she closed the door leaving Pauline and Sunnee. Pauline sat on the bed and looked around, "Chun's place is not that bad.", she said. "Mom, Chun ge is a very responsible person, it's no surprise that his house is this neat.", Sunnee said.

 

 

Pauline nodded her head then layed on the bed, "I'll take this side.", she said. Sunnee sweatdropped at her, "Okay. I'll just go outside for a while.", she said then left the room while Pauline sleeps.

 

 

Sunnee went to the dinning room, "What am I doing here? I'm not even hungry.", she said in her thoughts. She then noticed a door, leading to the backyard. Out of curiousty, she opened the door and went outside. 

 

 

To her surprise, she found a lot of sunflowers at the backyard, she smiled. She then sat at one of the chairs in the backyard and enjoyed the air. She closed her eyes as she remember how she met Dylan. 

 

 

"Looks like you found my stress reliever.", a voice said. Sunnee opened her eyes to see Dylan in front of her. "Stress reliever?", she asked. Dylan sat on a chair beside her, "This is where I go whenever I face a problem. Ever since the day I met you and you gave me a sunflower, I asked Dad to plant sunflowers at our backyard.", he said.

 

 

"Oh, so you got influenced by me.", Sunnee said as she smiled. Dylan nodded his head, "Sunflowers became my stress reliever since then.", he continued. "We don't even have any sunflowers at my house.", Sunnee said. "You don't?", Dylan asked.

 

 

Sunnee sighed, "My mom doesn't know how to take care of flowers.", she said sadly. Then she looked at him, "That's why I gave you a plastic one back then.", she continued. Dylan laughed, "Now I know why you didn't gave me a real one.", he said. 

 

 

There was a moment of silence between them. But Dylan decided to break the silence, "Speaking of our childhood...", he said then looked at Sunnee, "I heard from your friends that one of your childhood friends before is your first love.", he continued. Sunnee looked at him in shock.

 

 

"May I know who is this lucky friend of yours?", he asked her. Sunnee blushed as Dylan gazed into her eyes. "U-uh... He's...", she muttered but she couldn't say who it is. "He's?", Dylan asked her again.

 

 

Sunnee gulped as she panicked, "Oh no, what should I say? Should I tell him who he is?", she said in her thoughts. "Since he gained courage to tell me that he is Little Raccoon then I should do the same...", she said in her thoughts again.

 

 

Sunnee took a deep breathe as her cheeks turned redder, then looked back at Dylan's eyes, "He's you...", she finally blurted out.