Strict Mother

Unexpectedly Yours

"He's you...".

 

 

Dylan was surprised at what she said. He stared at her for a long time. A smiled formed in his face when Sunnee turned away from him when she blushed. "Let me tell you a secret of mine.", he said so that Sunnee would face him again.

 

 

"What secret?", Sunnee asked. "I also have my first love, do you wanna know who she is?", he asked her. Sunnee became nervous, "Is he going to turn me down after I confessed to him? Maybe confessing to him was a bad idea afterall...", she said in her thoughts sadly as she prepared for her first heartbreak.

 

 

"Who is she?", Sunnee asked nervously, she didn't want to look at him. "I'll give you a clue, okay?", Dylan said. Sunnee slowly nodded her head. "She has the brightest smile I've ever seen, she's cheerful, and... she is someone who I am talking to right now.", Dylan said.

 

 

Sunnee slowly turned her head towards him, "Someone who you're talking to right now?", she asked. Dylan nodded his head as he smiled. "Does that mean...?", Sunnee was afraid to ask him. Dylan chuckled, "Yes, you're that girl.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee smiled and blushed, she couldn't believe it. Dylan hugged her, and inhaled her scent. "She smelled like vanilla... Her scent is so addicting...", he said in his thoughts. He smiled when he felt Sunnee hugged him back. 

 

 

"Can I ask you something?", he asked her. "Hm?", Sunnee replied. "Can I court you?", he asked directly. Sunnee laughed as she let go of him, "You're so straightforward.", she said, but nodded her head as her answer. Dylan smiled as Sunnee layed her head on Dylan's shoulder and stared at the night sky with a smile on her face too.

 

 

---

 

 

The next day, Chun was the first to woke up. He looked at Ella who was sleeping peacefully on their bed, he leaned down and kisses her forehead before going to the kitchen to make breakfast. After an hour of cooking, he sat at the living room and opened their television. 

 

 

Then a knock was heard from the front door. Chun got up from his seat to see who was the person visiting them early in the morning. When he opened the door, he was surprised to find a girl carrying her luggage. "Uh, may I ask who you are?", he asked.

 

 

"I'm Mimi Lee Li Zi Ting. Aunt Pauline and Aunt Ella's niece.", the girl said. "Chun, who's our visitor?", Ella asked as she came downstairs. "It's your niece.", Chun said as he let Zi Ting in. 

 

 

Ella was surprised to see her, "Zi Ting, I missed you!", she said as she hugged her. Zi Ting hugged her back, "I missed you too, Auntie!", she said. "When did you come here in Taiwan?", Ella asked. "I just came here two hours ago.", Zi Ting answered.

 

 

"Your Aunt Pauline and your cousin Sunnee is here. They'll be staying with us during my son and Sunnee's semester break.", Chun said. Zi Ting smiled at nodded her head at Chun.

 

 

"I'll just wake jie and Sunnee up.", Ella said then went upstairs. Chun told Zi Ting to seat so she sat down as she waited for her aunt and cousin to wake up. After a few minutes, Ella came down with Pauline. "Where's Sunnee?", Chun asked as they saw the two.

 

 

"I asked her to wake Dylan up.", Ella said as she sat in front of Zi Ting. Pauline was surprised to see her niece, "Zi Ting, you're back!", she said happily and hugged her. Zi Ting hugged her back then broke their hug. "I missed you Auntie! How are you and Sunnee?", she asked. "Oh, we're good!", Pauline said.

 

 

They heard footsteps coming from the stairs, they looked to see Sunnee and Dylan talking to each other. Sunnee still had her pajamas and raccoon slippers on, and Dylan was still wearing his clothes yesterday. 

 

 

"Come on, it'll be fun!", Dylan said to her as they walked in the stairs. "Aiyo, I told you I'm not allowed to go outside if it's semester or Christmas break.", Sunnee said. They finally reached downstairs but stopped walking as they faced each other.

 

 

"What's wrong with having a tour in Dessert Museum? 4th year students are free to have a tour there, and today is the last day of the free tour. Go with me, please Sunflower?", Dylan asked with a pout. "It's not like you didn't know how strict my mother is.", Sunnee said.

 

 

"But I wanna enjoy our break! And I want you to enjoy this semester break as well. We only have one week to relax before we go back to reality again.", Dylan reasoned. Sunnee sighed, deep in her heart, she really wanted to go with him, but she will wait for her mom if she allow her or not, "Fine, I'll ask mom. But if she says no, I'm sorry. You can go without me.", she said.

 

 

"If Pauline jie won't allow you, then I won't go.", Dylan said. Sunnee looked at him with a confused face, "Why?", she asked. "I don't have anyone to go with me. My friends have their own schedules and are probably busy. If you won't go then I won't too.", Dylan said.

 

 

Sunnee rubbed her head, "Are you trying to be clingy?", she asked. Dylan shooked his head, as he was about to say something, Pauline did a fake cough. Dylan and Sunnee turned to see Chun, Ella, and Pauline looking at them with confused faces. Sunnee then noticed Zi Ting.

 

 

"Mi!", Sunnee said as she run up to her and hugged her. "I missed you couz!", she said. Zi Ting hugged her back, "I missed you too, Nee!", she said. They broke her hug and faced the adults. Sunnee noticed Dylan looking at her cousin with a confused face, "Dylan, this is Zi Ting, my cousin.", she said. Dylan gave Zi Ting a small smile, "Nice to meet you.", he said as he bowed. Zi Ting bowed as well.

 

 

"Chun prepared breakfast for us, let's eat?", Ella said. They all went to the dinning room with Sunnee leading Zi Ting the way. Chun sat at the seat in the middle while Ella sat on his left side. Pauline sat beside Ella and Zi Ting sat beside Pauline. Dylan sat on Chun's right side and Sunnee sat next to him. 

 

 

As they were eating, Ella kept asking questions to Zi Ting. Everyone had their attention to the two as they listened to them talk. "How long will you stay here in Taiwan?", Ella asked. "Until I graduated from Macaron Highschool. I'm an exchange student.", Zi Ting said as she ate her food.

 

 

"Macaron? That's our school!", Dylan and Sunnee exclaimed. Zi Ting looked at them, "Are you two classmates?", she asked. "Yeah, we're in class 4-B.", Dylan said. "I've heard rumors that in Macaron Highschool, there's a campus beauty, campus playboy, campus nerds, campus sunny girl, campus bad boy and campus heartthrobs.", Zi Ting said.

 

 

Dylan and Sunnee looked at each other then looked back at her. "Actually, Dylan is the campus bad boy and Sunnee is the campus sunny girl.", Ella said. Dylan and Sunnee looked at her in shock, "How did you know that, Ella jie?!", they both asked at the same time. "I have my sources.", Ella said as she smirked.

 

 

"By the way, what were you two talking about earlier when you guys were going downstairs?", Chun asked. Pauline looked at Dylan and Sunnee, waiting for their response. Dylan and Sunnee looked at each other again then back to the adults. 

 

 

"Uh... I was asking Sunnee if she would go with me at a museum tomorrow... to enjoy our semester break...", Dylan said. "I don't mind if you guys went out, just take care of Sunnee.", Ella said. "I don't mind it either.", Chun said. The newly weds looked at Pauline, waiting for her decision. Pauline looked at them uncomfortably, "Uh... as long as he will bring her home safe and sound, it's okay with me...", she said.

 

 

Sunnee's eyes widened when she heard that. Dylan held her hand beneath the table and squeezed it. Sunnee smiled and looked at her mom, "Thank you mom!", she said happily. Pauline just nodded her head as she ate her food.

 

 

Sunnee secretly glanced at Dylan, only to find him secretly glancing at her too. A small blush formed on her face as they glanced at each other, Zi Ting noticed this and she had a confuse look on her face, "Who is this guy? How can he make my cousin happy in an instant? Unless he's Sunnee's childhood friend back then...", she said in her thoughts.