Courting - Day 5 and Day 6

Unexpectedly Yours

Dylan woke up with a smile on his face. As he prepared himself for the day, he was still happy that he passed the tests. 

 

 

He got down and took a deep breathe, he wanted to impress Sunnee on today's test. As he went to the dinning room, he was surprised to find Pauline. His eyes looked for Sunnee but couldn't find her.

 

 

As he took his seat, he looked at Pauline, "Madam, where's Sunnee?", he asked. "She and Zi Ting went on a road trip", she replied. She lied however, the truth is, Sunnee and Zi Ting were on Pauline's house and they will stay there for two days.

 

 

"Oh.", that's all he could say. He ate his breakfast in silence, feeling empty all of a sudden because Sunnee wasn't with him. "I miss her.", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

After a few hours, he found himself texting Sunnee, and was at his room. He waited for her reply but she didn't texted him.  He also tried calling her but she wasn't answering his calls. Then he checked her IG, to find that her last post was last two days ago, it was a picture of them with the cupcake and icing on their faces. 

 

 

He smiled seeing that picture, but his smile faded when he realized he couldn't contact Sunnee in any way. He sighed, and layed on his bed. "My Sunflower, where are you? I miss you so much already...", he said to himself.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee sighed as she looked at her phone and saw texts and a few missed called from Dylan. She felt guilty, yet she had no other choice. Zi Ting noticed her uneasy expression and sat beside her. "What's wrong, Nee?", she asked.

 

 

Sunnee looked at her, "Mi, can we go back now? I can't stand this test. I want to see him.", she said. Zi Ting sighed and rubbed her back, "Aunt Pauline will be mad at you if went back there.", she said.

 

 

Sunnee looked at her sadly, then sighed. "I miss him already...", she said in her thoughts sadly. Zi Ting could see her sadness and rubbed her back, though she knew that her sadness won't go away unless this last test is over.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan was on the backyard, staring at the sunflowers. He knew they were suppose to make him happy, but he found himself missing Sunnee more. 

 

 

Then he got an idea. He went to his room and took out a bunch of yellow colored papers, green colored papers and brown colored papers. Then he went on YouTube for some DIY videos. 

 

 

He smiled when he found what he was looking for. Then he took out his pencil, ruler, eraser, scissors, paste and tape. He then drew something in the yellow colored papers. After that, he also drew something in the green colored paper and did the same to the brown colored paper. 

 

 

After drawing, he cutted the shapes he drew in the colored papers. After cutting them, he then started to put the pieces together using the tape and glue. A few minutes later, he made a small paper sunflower. He smiled seeing it. He found himself doing the same thing and he ended up making a bunch of them.

 

 

Dylan stared at it for a while. Then another idea came into his mind and smiled. "I hope you'll love this...", he said to his thoughts.

 

 

---

 

 

It was nighttime when Dylan finished what he was doing. Chun went to his room to find him sound asleep on his bed and found few paper sunflowers on his bed. Though he didn't fully knew how Dylan and Sunnee's relationship work, he smiled at the sight of it. 

 

 

"He's really in love with Sunnee.", he muttered to himself. All his life, he never saw this side of Dylan. And seeing him this faithful to a girl makes him happy. He was glad Dylan was able to find someone who will love him for who he is. 

 

 

Then he took out his phone and took a picture of tired Dylan with the paper sunflowers. Then he left his room without saying another word. But underneath Dylan's bed, there was a box wrapped in yellow wrapper with a red ribbon.

 

 

---

 

 

The next day.

 

 

After Dylan woke up, he cleaned his room but placed the leftover paper sunflowers on his bed. He went to his study table and took out a photo album. The cover was plain and he decided to put the paper sunflowers in the album. (A/N:: No, Dylan's not gay. Just reminding you guys ^.^")

 

 

After ten minutes, he smiled at the new look of his photo album. Sunflowers wasn't only his design for the cover, there's also a raccoon stickers at the cover. He then opened it, he found a bunch of pictures of him and Sunnee.

 

 

Most of the pictures were taken when they went in Dessert Museum. He found himself smiling as he stared at Sunnee's face in every picture. "I'm falling in love with that smile of yours, my Sunflower.", he said to himself.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee went on a supermarket to buy some snacks for Dylan after his test today. She grabbed a honey flavored snacks and payed for it at the counter. As she was about to leave the place, she bumped into someone.

 

 

She looked to see the Macaron's campus beauty, Mei Qi. She was with Xuan Yi again. Sunnee gave her an apologetic smile, "Hey, sorry I didn't see you and bumped into you guys.", she apologized. Mei Qi smiled, "It's okay Sunnee.", she said.

 

 

Xuan Yi's eyes widened. "You're Sunnee?!", she asked in excitement. Sunnee nodded her head and smiled at her. Then Xuan Yi grabbed her hand. "I'm so glad to meet you! I've heard a lot about you. You're like a young superstar!", she said. Sunnee only gave her a small smile.

 

 

Mei Qi laughed, "This is Wu Xuan Yi by the way, my best friend. She's transferring to our school after our semester break.", she said. Sunnee looked at Xuan Yi, "Nice to meet you. I hope you'll be comfortable at our school.", she said. Xuan Yi smiled at her.

 

 

"Well, I have to go now.", Sunnee said. They waved goodbye to each other. As Sunnee left, Mei Qi turned to Xuan Yi with a wide grin. "What?", Xuan Yi asked. "Sunnee is the closest to your future boyfie.", Mei Qi said. Xuan Yi raised an eyebrow at her, "So?", she asked.

 

 

Mei Qi gave her a smile, "Which means if you want to get to know Dylan, you have to be friends with her first. They're really close.", she said. Xuan Yi smiled when she heard that, "That doesn't sound bad..", she muttered.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan was at the living room. He was scrolling through his phone boredly. Then he clicked IG and stalked Sunnee's account. But the more he looks at her pictures, the more he misses her. He wondered when she will come back. "Sunflower... I miss you...", he suddenly said.

 

 

"Someone missed me, eh?", a familiar voice said. He turned to see Sunnee at the doorway. He smiled and run up to her and hugged her tightly. "Sunflower! I missed you so much.", he said. Sunnee smiled and hugged him back. "I missed you too, Little Raccoon.", she said.

 

 

From the stairs, Chun, Ella and Pauline stood there. They watched as the two hugged each other. "It's so good to be young. You get to get love.", Pauline muttered. Ella looked at her, "Don't you miss your ex-husband, jie?", she asked. Pauline glared at her then looked back at Sunnee and Dylan.

 

 

Then Sunnee pinched Dylan's cheeks. "You don't look cute when you're not smiling.", she said. Dylan pouted at her, "I'm only sad because you were gone.", he said. Sunnee smiled and let go off his cheeks. She held the grocery bag up, "I bought you something. Let's eat?", she asked. Dylan smiled and took her hand, then the two of them went to the dinning room.

 

 

Dylan pulled a seat for Sunnee which she sat on. Then he sat next to her. Sunnee took out the snacks and Dylan smiled. "My favorites!", he exclaimed. Sunnee watched as Dylan ate the honey flavored snacks. "You're like a kid.", she said. Dylan pouted at her. She laughed at that, and took some pictures of him while eating.

 

 

That night, Pauline announced that Dylan passed the test. Thus, allowing them to be together in the future. Dylan, however, had some other plans in his mind. He smiled as he thought of a way he will ask Sunnee to be his girlfriend.