Interests

Unexpectedly Yours

Sunnee came home early after school and was greeted by her happy mom. "Why are you so happy? Did something happened?", Sunnee asked. "Oh, your aunt visited today!", Pauline said happily.

 

 

"Which aunt?", Sunnee asked as she sat on their couch. "My youngest sister! She's getting married next month!", Pauline said as she sat beside Sunnee. "Oh, do we have to go?", Sunnee asked. "Of course! And I already prepared your dress. You will wear it okay? No buts! And you will wear flat shoes.", Pauline said sternly. "Guess I have no choice then.", Sunnee muttered.

 

 

"Aren't you happy to see your aunt?", Pauline asked. "Of course I'm happy. It's just that I'm not in the mood to attend wedding day.", Sunnee said. "You still have to go. You're her niece afterall.", Pauline reminded her. "Okay, I'll go.", Sunnee said in defeat.

 

 

---

 

 

A week passed and the five heartthrobs and Sunnee's friends are talking about their project in the cafeteria. They have a free period. They seated by pair but they made sure that their group are near their friends.

 

 

"So what do you think about this tune?", Dylan asked as he paused the voice record. Sunnee who had Dylan's headphones nodded her head, "This is a good tune! I like it.", she said. "So we're done with our project?", Dylan asked. 

 

 

"Yep! But we still have to memorize the tune and sing the lyrics right?", Sunnee said. Dylan nodded his head, "Yeah, don't worry we will practice starting tomorrow after school.", he said. "I still have to tell my mom that I'll be home late.", Sunnee said. 

 

 

"Why?", Dylan asked. "Because she's very strict. My curfew is six pm so I have to be home before six.", Sunnee explained. "But school ends at 4:30. We still have a lot of time to practice.", Dylan said. "You're right. Guess we have to take a break then!", Sunnee said happily.

 

 

"I'm kind of hungry. Wanna eat?", Dylan asked her. "Sure!", Sunnee said as they stood up. "Woah, you guys are done?", Brent asked. "Yeah, we will grab some snacks now.", Dylan said as he and Sunnee went to buy their snacks. "Lucky them...", Eunice said as she pouted. She and Brent then went back to work.

 

 

Sunnee looked at the foods in front of her, she then found her favorite food, "Pancakes!", she exclaimed happily and bought the food. Dylan just watched her before choosing his snack. He then took the carbonara pasta and bought it. He noticed that Sunnee went back to their place and haven't bought any water. 

 

 

He then bought two bottles of water for them and joined her. "You forgot to buy water.", Dylan said to her. "Oh right. Sorry, I got hungry.", Sunnee apologized. They ate their food in comfortable silence. After a while, they were done and placed their plates back.

 

 

"Wanna walk around, Kewalin?", Dylan asked. Sunnee pouted at him, "I told you to not call me that!", she whined at him. Dylan laughed at her. "But sure, let's go!", she said. Dylan smiled and walked away with Sunnee behind him. 

 

 

They both walked until they reach the sports field. They sat at one of the benches. "So how's Echo and Eunice's bet?", Dylan asked her. "Eunice won, so she treated me to my favorite desserts yesterday!", Sunnee said happily.

 

 

"Good for you.", Dylan thought to himself. "I didn't know you like desserts that much.", he said. "Well I do love desserts, especially ice cream and graham cake!", Sunnee exclaimed happily.

 

 

"What about you? Do you have favorites too?", Sunnee asked. Dylan thought for a while, "I do.", he said. "What is it?", she asked him. "My favorite hobby is listening to music.", Dylan said. Sunnee laughed at him, "I know that already! I mean, any interest?", she said.

 

 

"Well, I like to write poems if I have the time. I also like picture takings too.", Dylan said. Sunnee looked at him in shock, "You write poems? That's cool!", she said. "What about you? Any sports that you like aside from basketball?", Dylan asked her.

 

 

"I'm not trying to brag but I'm good with all sports except for volleyball.", Sunnee said. "No way, I love volleyball! It's an easy sport!", Dylan said in disbelief. "If you want me to hit someone accidentally then okay, I'll play volleyball.", Sunnee said. "What do you mean by that?", Dylan asked her.

 

 

"I always hit someone whenever I tried to play volleyball.", Sunnee admitted. "That's okay, I can teach you if you want.", Dylan offered her. "No thanks. I don't want to be killed by your fangirls.", Sunnee joked. "My fangirls?", Dylan asked. "Yeah! Especially Yao Ke! I heard she challenged me because she got jealous of me when I was befriending you.", Sunnee said. "Don't mind her. She doesn't control my life.", Dylan said.

 

 

Sunnee looked at her watch, "I think we should head back. Class is starting in five minutes.", she said. She and Dylan got up and went back to their classroom.

 

 

---

 

 

Cosmos, Echo, Eunice and Lucia cornered Sunnee at the locker after their classes ended. "What do you want guys?", Sunnee asked them. "We just wanted to know where did you and Dylan went after you guys finished your project.", Echo said sternly. 

 

 

"Aiyo, we just went out for a walk. What's wrong with that?", Sunnee asked them. The girls looked at each other before letting go of Sunnee. "What's wrong with you guys? Can't I be friends with him?", Sunnee asked. "It's just so rare to see our campus sunny girl hanging out with our campus bad boy.", Eunice said.

 

 

"I don't care about my status in our campus okay?", Sunnee huffed. "Alright, let's just go home.", Cosmos said. As they were about to leave, they heard someone calling. "Kewalin!", a voice shouted. 

 

 

Sunnee had a tick mark on her head, "I told you to not call me that, Dylan!", she shouted back then looked back. Dylan reached them and panted, "I just wanted to remind you about tomorrow.", he said. "I know that.", Sunnee said. 

 

 

"But please, don't call me that. I'm not used with someone calling me by my real name.", Sunnee pleaded him. "Okay, sorry about that.", Dylan apologized. Sunnee just nodded her head, "We'll leave now.", she said as she waved bye to him.

 

 

"You guys have a date tomorrow? Wow, you work fast Sunnee.", Cosmos teased. "Aiyo, it's not a date! We're just practising our song!", Sunnee said as she pouted. They just laughed at her as they went back to their houses.