Pairs and Composing

Unexpectedly Yours

"So, are we all here?", Wes asked as he sat on the floor. Wes, Sam, Dylan, Echo, Cosmos, Sunnee, Eunice and Lucia was now at Brent's house and were also seating at the floor. Brent then showed up with a bunch of papers in his hand and ballpens and joined them. 

 

 

"Wayne is still not here.", Lucia said as she waited patiently for her partner to arrive. "Don't worry about him, he's just a few blocks away from Brent's house.", Sam said as he took a paper. Everyone followed his lead.

 

 

The door opened revealing Wayne with a grocery bag. "Sorry I'm late. I just bought food for us.", he said as he joined them. "Now that's our boy!", Brent said as he patted Wayne on his back. 

 

 

Dylan just sighed as he stared at the floor boredly. "Can we just start now? I want this to be over soon.", he said in his thoughts. He was getting impatient, he then looked at Sunnee who was in deep thoughts at the moment. "I wonder what will be the outcome of our song.", he said in his thoughts. 

 

 

"I'm not good at composing song, Sunnee, can you do it for me?", Eunice asked. "Hey, don't make me do your project. That's cheating.", Sunnee said as she took a piece of paper and a ballpen. "It's not fair! You composed a song before, so this project is easy for you.", Eunice demanded. That gained Dylan's attention.

 

 

"That's right! And you promised to us that you'll sing that to us one day. Can you sing it to us please?", Echo said. "You composed a song before?", Sam asked in surprise. "It's nothing. It's not that special.", Sunnee said as she blushed slightly.

 

 

"Hey, don't be shy. We wanna hear it!", Wayne encouraged her. "If you don't sing, I won't buy you pancakes anymore.", Eunice said. Sunnee sighed, "Fine, just don't laugh at me okay?", she said. Everyone nodded their heads, Sunnee took a deep breathe and started singing.

 

 

"When I was young, I liked the smell of the sunshine shining in

Tipping my toe, with open arms

Am I now able to reach?

 

After I grew up, I learned to smile like the sunshine

If you were to see it by accident

Will it also give a sense of happiness?

 

Look at my eyes, using the most serious expression

You are the one who said you like me

I will be flattered

 

Actually you will be definitely be my sunshine

I am your Sunnee, you are my Sunny

Shining light on the stars in my night sky

 

Actually my weather is great because of you

Extinguishing all the dark clouds, overcoming the harsh storms

Everyday's mood is to be decided by you

 

When I was young, I like the happiness music brought me

Picking up the microphone, humming tunes

Are my dreams too tall?

 

When I grew up, I started bravely smiling at music

Will anyone clap for me?

Giving me warmth, just like the sunshine

 

Smiling at me

Showing a smile

 

Smiling at me

Oh, at me

Oh, at me

Smiling

Showing a smile."

 

 

As Sunnee finished singing, everyone except Dylan had their jaws dropped. Sunnee was surprise to see them like that, "What's with the face?", she asked. "That was good! I didn't know you can sing well.", Wes said. "Dylan, you're lucky to be her partner!", Sam said. Dylan smiled to himself.

 

 

"Of course, even though she looks like a boy, she has the voice of an angel!", Echo said proudly. "Aiyo, stop saying that.", Sunnee said. "Alright alright, we should be starting now. I suggest we should separate by pairs?", Wayne suggested. 

 

 

"Okay, it'll be hard to think of a lyric if we have too many people anyway.", Cosmos said. She and Sam went to Brent's living room and sat on a sofa. "Echo, let's go?", Wes asked. "Guess I have no choice then.", Echo said in her thoughts as she sighed, and the two went outside. 

 

 

"We should do our project in my room.", Brent said as he got up, Eunice followed him but she has a blush on her face. Upon hearing that, Cosmos turned to face him, "Hey, if you dare to do anything bad to her I'll really ask Sunnee to punch your face!", she warned him. Brent laughed at her, "Relax, I'm not those kind of guy.", he said as he lead the way to his room.

 

 

"Where do you want to do our project?", Wayne asked Lucia. "Anywhere is fine, but I don't want to change places", Lucia said. Wayne nodded his head then looked at Sunnee and Dylan, "What about you guys?", he asked. Sunnnee shrugged her shoulders, "Don't know. I'll just follow him around since I'm not familiar with Brent's place.", she said.

 

 

Dylan stood up from his seat and went at the backyard. Sunnee sighed and followed him. To her surprise, the backyard has a garden, but to her dismay, her favorite flower wasn't there. So she followed Dylan who was now seating on a round table in the middle of the garden. 

 

 

"Before we start writing. Are you okay with the topic of secret love?", Dylan asked. Sunnee nodded her head, "Any topic is fine with me.", she said. There was an uncomfortable silence between them as they think and write their own lyrics. 

 

 

Dylan sighed as he looked at his paper, "I suggested this topic, why can't I think of anything?", he frustatedly said in his thoughts. He found a little sunflower in front of him and he smiled. He then thought of a line and wrote it down. 

 

 

He looked at the sunflower again so that it could motivate him more, when he noticed Sunnee looking at the sunflower with a smile on her face. She looked like she was in deep thoughts. 

 

 

Two hours had passed and everyone decided to take a break. All of them went back except for Dylan and Sunnee who was still focusing on their project. "Are you done with your lyrics?", Sunnee asked as she finished writing on her paper.

 

 

"Yeah, I can't think of anything. But I wrote 10 lines.", Dylan said as he looked at his work. "Let me try to put the lyrics together.", Sunnee suggested. Dylan gave his paper to Sunnee, who began to put the lyrics together. 

 

 

"Where is Sunnee? And Dylan?", Echo asked as they ate their food. "Seems like they're trying to finish writing the lyrics.", Sam said. "I'm pretty sure their done with the lyrics. Knowing Sunnee, she will put up the lyrics together because she finds it hard to think of a tune.", Lucia said.

 

 

"Looks like those two will be able to finish their work in less than a week.", Wes said. "What makes you say that?", Cosmos asked. "Dylan loves to make his own tune and melody, so if Sunnee is done. Dylan will immediately think of a melody.", Brent said.

 

 

"Ugh, those two are so lucky to have each other.", Eunice said making everyone look at her. "I mean, in a classmate way.", she said as she sweatdrop. Everyone nodded their heads as they went back to eat their foods.

 

 

"Hey, what's for snacks?", Sunnee asked as she and Dylan joined them. "You can pick out anything you want to eat.", Wayne said as he munches his food. Sunnee looked at the bunch of foods in front of her and decided to pick out her favorite snack, Chocolate Chips Cookies. 

 

 

Sunnee was about to grab it when she touched someone's hand, that was about to grab the cookies too. She looked to see that it was Dylan. She then retreated her hand back, so Dylan got her favorite snack. She sighed, "Guess I'll just eat whatever.", she said in her thoughts as she grabbed nacho chips, tear it and ate it.

 

 

Cosmos noticed the little scene between them. She smiled to herself. "Sunnee and Dylan? Hm... This is sure interesting...", she said to herself.