Courting - Day 3

Unexpectedly Yours

Chun woke up at seven am, he realized that it was late for him to wake up at a time like this, "I still haven't cooked breakfast!", he muttered. He got up and saw that Ella wasn't with him. "Where did she go?", he asked. 

 

 

He went downstairs to smell a very delicious food. He got into the dinning room and found everyone gathered at the table already. "Why didn't you wake me up?", he asked Ella as he sat in his seat. Ella smiled at him, "I got excited for Dylan's third test!", she exclaimed. He gave her a confused look, which she noticed. "Dylan will be cooking for our breakfast, lunch and dinner!", she said. 

 

 

Chun smiled, "Well, whenever I'm not around he would always cook for himself, this test should be easy for him.", he said. Dylan got out from the kitchen with his newly cooked food, fried rice with a lot of spam and ham, sausages, egg, and a pancake with a maple sauce. Their drinks are Dylan's self made drink, Mango shake. 

 

 

Sunnee looked at the food in awe, "Wow, I didn't knew he could cook.", she said in her thoughts and smiled. Dylan sat beside her and they digged in. Dylan waited for their reactions, especially Pauline and Sunnee's reaction. Zi Ting nodded her head in content, "Not bad.", she commented. Dylan smiled shyly.

 

 

Chun gave him a thumbs up as he ate his food, "You could take my place as our chef in our house.", he joked. Dylan chuckled. "If I were jie, you already passed this test without a day passed.", she said. Again, Dylan smiled shyly as he looked at Pauline. She had a small smile on her face and looked at Dylan, "Well, you passed on breakfast, you still have lunch and dinner.", she said.

 

 

Dylan just nodded his head and looked at Sunnee. He found her looking at his dish with a large smile. Without words, he can tell that she liked his food and he was happy about it. After they ate, Sunnee started to devour his pancake. 

 

 

Dylan watched as her eyes widened when she tasted the pancake, "This is so good!", she said happily. Dylan smiled at her and continued to watch her. Sunnee ate the pancake happily. Everyone watched in amusement. Then Sunnee looked at him, "Can you make me pancakes everyday,", she asked him with a cute look. Dylan smiled at her, "Of course, anything for you.", he said. Sunnee blushed a little and went back to finish the pancake.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee watched Dylan as he browse through the net on his phone, looking for another food to cook for lunch. She wanted to help him but she couldn't cause her mother is watching over them. She then decided to messege him. After a few minutes, she got a reply from him and smiled. At least she helped him a little.

 

 

A minute passed and Dylan went to the kitchen and started to cook. Sunnee went back to the guestroom and listened to music, while cheering secretly for him. 

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan prepared a bunch of lobsters and barbeques at the table. Pauline was shocked to see her favorite food. As they dig in, Dylan couldn't help but held Sunnee's hand beneath the table, signalling 'thank you'. Sunnee smiled as he held her hand. 

 

 

As they ate, Ella keep questioning Dylan's lunch. She was pestering Pauline to say if he passed lunch. Pauline let out a smile, "He passed. I'm expecting him to prepare lobsters and barbeques on my birthday or in any occassion.", she joked. They laughed at her suggestion.

 

 

"But, you still have to prepare food for dinner.", she said. Dylan nodded his head. As he went back to his room, he started to stalk Sunnee's social accounts. It took him some time before he found what he was looking for.

 

 

"I should do some grocery shopping first.", he said as he got up and left the house without saying a word. As he entered the same supermarket he went to yesterday, he smiled as he started to buy the things he would needed.

 

 

---

 

 

It was already 7:30 pm and Dylan was still in the kitchen. Yes, they already ate dinner which are plain rice and pork steak. Again, he passed the test, which also means he passed the third test. 

 

 

"What's Dylan still doing in the kitchen?", Ella asked Chun. He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. But he told me not to disturb him.", he said. 

 

 

Dylan smiled as he took out his newly baked cupcakes. He placed it on the table and took two colored icings. He then took the brown colored icing and shaped it into a big circle in the middle of the cupcake. After that he then used the black colored icing and use it as stripes.

 

 

Then he took out a bag of candies that was shaped in yellow individual petals. He then placed it at the sides of the brown icing circle. Making it look like a sunflower. He smiled in content. "I hope you'll like it, my Sunflower.", he said in his thoughts. (A/N:: I don't know the thing that bakers put in the cupcakes to make a shape design in their cupcakes, I apologize if I said the wrong ingredients.)

 

 

Then he took out brown colored candy shaped in flat circle and placed it in the middle on the cupcake. Then he placed another brown candy that looked like ears. Then he used the black icing to make a eyeliner thing. Then he took out a candy that look like eyes of an animal. 

 

 

He let out a smile as he looked at his finished product. He then repeated the same thing at the other two cupcakes. After that he placed them into a small plate. 

 

 

At the living room, Sunnee just got down from the guest room. "Mom, where's Dylan?", she asked. Pauline pointed to the kitchen. "But he told us not to disturb him.", Ella said. Sunnee gave them a confused look, "But he texted me that I'll go to the kitchen after an hour.", she said. "You should go check up on him.", Chun said.

 

 

Sunnee nodded her head went to the kitchen, only to find it empty. "Weird, I thought he's here?", she said to herself. Then she saw a note on the table. 

 

 

Meet me at the backyard at where we usually meet. - Little Raccoon.

 

 

Sunnee smiled, and went to the backyard. There, she found Dylan smiling at her. She smiled back shyly. "Is there anything you need?", she asked. Dylan went behind her and covered her eyes. "Dylan...?", she asked, feeling nervous all of a sudden. 

 

 

"Just walk, I'll guide you.", he said. Sunnee started to walk until they reached to their destination. Dylan uncovered her eyes. She looked at him who was still smiling at her. Then she looked at the small table, to find a two sunflower cupcakes and two raccoon cupcakes. She squealed.

 

 

"Oh my god, this is the cutest cupcake ever!", she said. Dylan smiled widely at her reaction. "Then, would you like to try it?", he asked. Sunnee looked at him with sparkly eyes, "Can we take a picture of it first?", she asked. Dylan just nodded his head and watched her as she took pictures of the cupcakes. 

 

 

Then she looked at him, "Let's take a picture together with the cupcakes?", she asked. Dylan nodded his head and faced her phone. They smiled as they both held the small plate that carried the cupcakes. After that, Sunnee clung into his arm, making him froze in his place.

 

 

"Did you made this?", she asked as she looked at him. Dylan looked back at her with a small blush on his cheeks. He nodded his head. Sunnee smiled as she secretly dip her finger to the icing then coated it on Dylan's chin. 

 

 

He was surprised at what she did. She took pictures of him with an icing on his chin, but he didn't scold her. He laughed with her as he did the same to her, except that he targeted her nose. He took her phone and took pictures of her too. 

 

 

The newly weds, Pauline and Zi Ting were watching them from the door. "Look at them. They're so cute and sweet.", Ella said. They watched as the two messed around with each other.

 

 

After a while, they both ate the cupcake. Of course, Sunnee had one raccoon cupcake and one sunflower cupcake and Dylan had the same thing. They are seating beside each other while Sunnee had her head on Dylan's shoulder. You could see pink hearts around them if you can see that they're really in love with each other.