Courting - Day 2

Unexpectedly Yours

Today for Dylan's second day of courting, Pauline asked him to do an errands for her. She gave him a list of things that he'll buy and money. She also asked Zi Ting to look out for him so that he wouldn't cheat. Dylan was at the supermarket this time.

 

 

Dylan already bought half of the things Pauline would needed once she and Sunnee went back to their house after their semester break. He was looking for an orange curtain and he was now at a curtain store. He wanted to buy the most beautiful curtain but he wasn't allowed to buy expensive things.

 

 

Then he found a good looking orange curtain and bought it. Next, he was looking for a red-yellow blanket. He was confused with the color but decided to find it. He spent one hour of walking around but he couldn't find one. He then decided to ask the staff if there is such a thing as a red-yellow blanket. 

 

 

The staff nodded his head and took out a red with yellow suns as a design. He smiled as he saw the sun, he bought it and thanked the staff. The last thing that he would buy for Pauline's house needs is a yellow vase. "This is easy.", he thought to himself. 

 

 

Before he knew it, he already bought them except for Pauline's want's list, as he was already done with the need's list. He sweatdropped at the list, "Are you serious, Madam?", he asked to himself.

 

 

---

 

 

Xuan Yi and Mei Qi went to the supermarket to buy the chocolates that Xuan Yi has been craving for. "Mei Qi, buy me five pieces of ferrero!", she ordered happily. Mei Qi could only sigh at her bestfriend. "Fine, just eat it one at a time.", she said.

 

 

After Mei Qi bought the chocolate, they turned around and was about to exit the store when Dylan accidentally bumped into them. He apologized then recognized Mei Qi, their campus' beauty, "Mei Qi! What a surprise seeing you here.", he said.

 

 

Mei Qi smiled at him, "I didn't expect to see our campus badboy at a supermarket.", she said. Dylan could only smile at her, "If you'll excuse me, I still have some things to buy.", he said and left the two.

 

 

Mei Qi turned around to find Xuan Yi with a small blush on her face. She knew this look if hers and she smiled. "I see, you have a crush on our campus' badboy.", she teased. Xuan Yi looked at her, "No, I don't!", she exclaimed. Mei Qi laughed, "He was the guy I was talking about before. The one you would probably like. Now that you've met him... Well?", she asked.

 

 

Xuan Yi smiled as she looked at Dylan, "I think you're right... I fell in love with him at first sight.", she said as she looked at him.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan looked at the list with frustration, he was almost done with his test but he couldn't find the last item that Pauline wants. "Where can I find this?", he asked to himself. The last thing that Pauline wanted was an album of a band called 'Deadly Rockstars'. 

 

 

He sighed and went to an album store, and asked one of the staff if they had that album. The staff smiled at him, "You're lucky. You have last stock of this album.", he said as he went to got the album. Dylan smiled at that.

 

 

After he got the album, he checked the time and it was already six in the afternoon. He still have one hour left to finish this test but he finished early. He then realized that he bought his own money and thought of something. He smiled as he made another run for a store.

 

 

---

 

 

Ella paced at the living room waiting for Dylan to arrive. All of them had their dinner except for Sunnee, who was also waiting for him. Pauline sighed at her sister, "Ellie, don't worry too much. He'll be fine.", she said. Ella looked at her, "How can I not worry if you made him buy the things that you 'want' and not what you 'need'?", she said in a sarcastic tone.

 

 

Pauline rolled her eyes at her. "Jie, he's only courting Sunnee. Don't make him do errands just for your own happiness becauss you finally got someone who will do what you want. Don't abuse his kindness and love for Sunnee.", she scolded. Pauline sighed, "Fine.", she muttered.

 

 

As on cue, Dylan already got home. He was holding a bunch of grocery and shopping bags. Chun helped him with the bags and placed them at the small table in their living room. Pauline checked the things that he bought and smiled, "Very good, Dylan. You passed the second test.", she said.

 

 

Dylan smiled happily. But he got outside to get something. After he went back inside, they were looking at him. "Uh... Madam, is it okay if I talk to Sunnee now?", he asked nervously. Pauline nodded her head and smiled. Before Dylan went to the kitchen, he gave Pauline a boquet of daisies, her favorite flower. "For you, Madam.", he said.

 

 

Pauline was surprised at him, but smiled. "Thank you.", she said. Ella looked at her, "Jie, remember, he's courting Sunnee, not you.", she stated. Chun chuckled while Pauline laughed, "I know that.", she said. Dylan then went to the kitchen while still holding and hiding another boquet on his back.

 

 

He found Sunnee waiting for him and two uneaten foods at the table. He went over to her without making any noise. He then covered her eyes using his other hand, making Sunnee startled. "Dylan?", she asked. 

 

 

He pouted as he uncovered her eyes and went to her side, still standing. "No fair, how did you know it was me?", he asked. Sunnee smiled and looked at him, "I've memorized your scent.", she said. Dylan gave her a teasing look but filled with love look, "Aw, I didn't knew you know my cologne. And to match that, I've also memorized your scent.", he said making Sunnee blush.

 

 

"Aiyo, I don't even use perfumes.", she said. "Oh? You smelled like vanilla.", he said to her making Sunnee blushed redder. He then took out his boquet of sunflowers, "For you, my Sunflower.", he said. Sunnee smiled and took it, "Thank you, my Little Raccoon.", she said with a small blush.

 

 

Dylan then look at the foods at the table, "Let's dig in?", he asked. Sunnee placed the boquet at her side and nodded. They ate in comfortable silence. After eating, Dylan helped Sunnee with washing the plates.

 

 

They were about to finish washing, Sunnee was about to grab the last plate but she touched Dylan's hand that was about to grab the plate too. She felt a spark as their hands became contact with each other. Both of them blushed and Sunnee let Dylan wash the last plate. After that they went to the backyard.

 

 

Sunnee held the boquet as they sat at that same spot again. Dylan could see the happiness in her eyes, and he was falling in love with her more. He found himself smiling while staring at her.

 

 

Yet, unknown to them, Pauline was watching them the whole time. She could only smile as she saw her daughter being a princess in someone's good hands, and that is Dylan. He could pass as her prince charming, too bad they were both handsome. "I just wish he wouldn't end up like Jack...", she muttered sadly.