Unexpected Pairings

Unexpectedly Yours

A boy run away from two tombstones, where two familiar names were written in each. He was crying as he run. Not knowing where his feet will take him. Finally, he stopped running as he reached a playground. He sat at one of the swings and continued crying.

 

"Mommy... Daddy, don't leave me...", the boy said weakly as he hugged himself. Everything happened so fast, that he doesn't know how to go on with his life anymore. He is only 7 years old, how can he deal with this situation?

 

"Hey, why are you crying?", a girl said as she approached him. The boy ignored the girl, afraid that she's going to hurt him. "What's wrong?", the girl asked again. The boy looked at the girl this time.

 

She was wearing a yellow shirt and white shorts with a matching yellow slippers that has a star design on it. He looked at was he was wearing, which contains black t-shirt, gray pants and black robber shoes. It doesn't look decent because he haven't took a bath for a day.

 

"Why are you sad?", the girl asked again. He looked at her to see that she was worried. Then, the girl took out something from her back, a sunflower. The boy gave her a confused look. "Whenever I'm sad, just looking at these flowers can make me happy in an instant. I hope this will make you happy now.", she said as she took his hand and placed the sunflower.

 

She smiled at him. The boy looked at the sunflower in his hand, and he smiled. The girl clapped, to his surprise, "Yay, you finally smiled! I hate seeing kids like me get sad, please don't be sad anymore okay?", she said. The boy looked at her and nodded his head.

 

The boy then held the sunflower carefully, but he noticed something. "Plastic sunflower?", he asked. The girl's eye widened as she heard him spoke for the first time. "You talked! You talked!", she said happily. "Why is the sunflower fake?", he asked. 

 

"I couldn't find a real one and got that. Please don't throw it away.", the girl pleaded. The boy just smiled at her, "I won't, I promise.", he said. He looked at the sunflower and smiled.

 

"There you are, my little boy!", a voice said. The boy and the girl turned to see an older man walking to them. As the elder man reached them he looked at the girl, then to the boy. "We've been looking for you everywhere! You got us worried.", he said. 

 

"I'm sorry.", the boy said. "Come, let's go home.", the elder man said and grabbed the boy's hand. The boy stood up from the swing, but looked back at the girl who was now waving at him, and still smiling. He smiled back and waved back at her. 

 

---

 

A group consists of girls and guys cheered loudly, as they watched a ball got into the ring. Four girls ran up to a short haired blonde haired girl, who was panting heavily with a smile on her face. 

 

"Sunnee! That was a good shot!", Echo said as she hugged her. "Thanks! That was tiring though.", Sunnee said as she dried herself from the sweat. "You? Get tired from playing basketball? No way!", Lucia said as she looked at her friend.

 

"We know you love basketball, how can it make you tired?", Eunice said. "But then... Take a shower! You're starting to stink!", Cosmos joked as she covered her nose. Sunnee laughed at her, "Hey, that's the smell of hardwork alright?", she said. 

 

"Just go take a shower!", Lucia said. Sunnee laughed at her friends, "Okay, okay. I'm gonna go now. See you guys later!", she said as she went to the shower room for girls.

 

 

On the other side of the campus, there was a group of boys heading towards the locker. As they passed by, many girls swooned as they saw them. "Brent is so cool!", one of the girls said in the crowd as they looked at the five heartthrobs of their campus.

 

The said boys are on their lockers, getting their needed books for the day. Brent grinned upon hearing that. Sam noticed this and nudged him, "That girl seems to like you a lot.", he teased. "I can't help it, no one can resist my charms.", Brent said, making his friends laugh. 

 

"Are you guys done? We have to hurry.", Wes said as he and Dylan looked at them. "Aiyo, you guys are such a mood killer.", Wayne said as he frowned. "Let's just go.", Dylan said as he and Wes walked away, with the three following them behind.

 

 

Eunice entered the classroom and plopped to her seat. She then looked at her friends who were talking about something, except for Sunnee who was facing the window. "Hey.", she called, gaining her friends attention. 

 

"This is your pancake.", Eunice said as she gave it to Sunnee. Sunnee smiled, then she cleared her desk and started devouring on the pancake. "Why do you have to eat pancakes every morning?", Lucia asked as they looked at Sunnee.

 

"Because pancakes is the best thing in this world, especially with maple sauce.", Sunnee said as she ate her pancake happily. Eunice then looked at Lucia, Cosmos and Echo. "So what are guys talking about while I'm gone?", she asked.

 

Lucia giggled, "We're talking about our five heartthrobs in our campus!", she said excitedly. "What about them?", Eunice asked. "Hey, this is our last year and our last prom! I want to be their date this year.", Lucia said. "And who would you want to be your partner?", Cosmos asked.

 

"Wayne is so cute!", Lucia said. Sunnee laughed at her friends, "What's wrong with you guys? It's just a date.", she said. "Oh, someone like you wouldn't understand this stuff.", Echo teased. "Hey! I'm just saying that if you guys don't wanna be find out by them, just shut your mouth.", Sunnee said as she finished her pancake.

 

"Why?", Cosmos asked. Sunnee pointed at the door, which made her friends look. They were surprised too see that the five heartthrobs just entered their classroom. All of them looked back at each other, "Thank god you saved us Sunnee.", Eunice said. "I forgot that they're our classmates.", Lucia said.

 

Sunnee laughed at her, "Oh please, you guys kept talking about them, how would you forget that they're our classmates,", she teased. Lucia just huffed and faced the front.

 

As on cue, the teacher for their first subect, which is Music, came. Everyone went to their proper seats. Sunnee sat properly on her seat, which is at the very back of the room next to the window. Next to her was Echo, while Cosmos sat in front of Sunnee. Lucia sat next to Eunice who was next to Cosmos.

 

Dylan went to his assigned seat, which is next to Echo. Beside him was Wes while Sam sat next to Wes. In front of Sam is Wayne and Brent sat next to Wayne, which is in front of Wes. The teacher started discussing their lesson, which is Composing. 

 

"Today, I will announce your project.", the teacher announced making everyone groan. "Ugh, projects.", Eunice muttered under her breathe. "You guys will compose a song, and you will present it to me after one month.", the teacher said. 

 

That gained Sunnee's attention. "Can we choose our own genre?", Simon asked. "Yes, but it only has one topic.", the teacher said and wrote something on the board. As she finished writing, she faced the class. "Teacher, are you sure with our topic?", Echo asked. 

 

"Yeah, what's wrong with 'Love'?", the teacher asked. "You guys are grown ups now. And besides, this is not an individual project.", she continued. "A group project?", everyone said to each other as they started choosing on their groupmates. "No it's not a group project!", the teacher said making the class quiet.

 

"It's by partner, and the pairings will be randomly chosen. Boys, stand in line and pick one piece of paper in this box, show me who you picked and I will write down who your partner is so you won't cheat all right?", Everyone groaned as the boys stood up. "Here goes our matchmaking teacher.", Sunnee said under her breathe as she sighed. 

 

After a few minutes, the boys went back to their seats. "Okay, I will now announce the pairings.", the teacher said. "Aiyo, why does this project have to be like this?", Cosmos said as she pouted. As the teacher annouced the pairings, some of the girls in the class was hoping to be partnered with one of the heartthrobs. 

 

"Lucia Chen, you will be partnered with Wayne Huang.", the teacher announced making everyone gasp. Lucia froze in her seat as her eyes widened. "I want to switch with Lucia!", one of Wayne's fans demanded. "No, no one can switch pairs alright?", the teacher said sternly. 

 

"Lucia sure is lucky to be paired with her crush.", Echo whispered to Sunnee who nodded her head. "Eunice Liu, your partner is Brent Xu.". "What?!", Eunice shouted in shock. "I don't like where this is going.", Echo muttered as she hoped that she won't end up getting paired by him.

 

"Look what we have here, two Lin's! Sam Lin, your partner is Cosmos Lin.", Cosmos had her head on the window as she pouted. "No way...", she whispered to herself. "Mr. and Mrs. Lin", Sunnee teased as she laughed slightly.

 

"Echo Jiang and Wes Luo, you will be partners.". Echo could only sigh as her hope didn't happen. "Hey, it's going to be okay.", Sunnee reassured her as soon as she saw Echo in a daze look. 

 

"Um... this is unexpected...", the teacher said as she looked at the second to the last pair that she will announce. "Sunnee Yang, your partner is Dylan Xiong.". Sunnee stared at the front in shock, no she doesn't have any feelings for him. It's just that...

 

"Woah, our sunny girl and our bad boy in the campus? This is going to be interesting...", Wes said as he looked at Dylan's bored face and Sunnee's surprised face.