This time I won’t let go (You slipped away part 2)

Tzuyu's favorite unnies.

This time I won’t let go (You slipped away part 2).

It took me a year to finish the second part.
Late but I hope you can enjoy it.
Thank you for reading.

 

 

 

 Nayeon slowly opened her eyes and hoped to fell asleep again, maybe get stuck somewhere in her sweet dreams and never enter the reality she was in. The same white ceiling met her, the same walls and the same disgusting room. She turned in bed, her eyes filling with tears that she hurriedly wiped away. She would never let him see it again.

 The silence of surrounding showed her that the monster was gone and she could freely stroll around the house until the time would strike 7 and he would burst through the front door. Her body was aching but she visited the doctor several times and she told Nayeon that everything was fine and she was just imagining this pain. Maybe it was a pain of her broken heart, she didn’t know.

 Ever since she was forced to marry that monster the 4 years past. The last time she saw her father he was congratulating the new mayor for the next 3 years. Her mother usually visited her at least once a month but their conversations were short and Nayeon felt like being emotionally drained from each visit. She knew it was worrying her mother a lot but even she, the great Im Nayeon, couldn’t hide her unhappiness.

 He was still coming to her in that sweet dreams – the boy she loved more than the whole world. She could still see his gentle smile and tender hands. She missed him so badly, hoping that one day he will be here instead of the man she lived with. She was ready to forgive everything to be with her Tzuyu again.

 All these years she was living only by the thoughts that he still loved her and she wasn’t ready to let go of that idea. Once she hoped, she would steal the money, fly to Taiwan and find him. Maybe, slap his handsome face a few times and never separate again.

 “Missis, your mother has arrived.”

 It was rare for her to visit on an ordinary day but Nayeon couldn’t find it in herself to refuse meeting her. She got up, fixing her bed. She would never stay in one bed with that person, no matter how much money he earned or how he would call her. Changing from her sleepwear she put on some blouse and jeans and got down.

 The house was actually big and fancy, things she didn’t like now at all. Everything looked too heavy and was almost choking her on daily basis, so she preferred to escape to the little garden to find her peace.

 “Honey, good morning.” Her mother greeted, sipping coffee.

 The maid placed a cup for her as well, before trying to disappear without a noise.

 “Hi, mom. Anything happened?”
 “No, I just thought of stopping by since I was doing business not far from here.” She smiled.

 Her eyes scanned the daughter – thin and pale. There was no sight of that wide energizing smile or goofiness in her. She didn’t even like to be touched at all, avoiding any hugs. It was breaking her heart to see Nayeon this way.

 “Did you tried to make designs again?” She asked, barely remembering what could make Nayeon cheerful.
 “No, I couldn’t even look at this anymore. Nothing is happening in my brain when I try.”
 “Then, how about other hobbies?”
 “I don’t have any.”

 The mother stared in the darkness of her cup, wondering whether her next question would kill the mood completely. She already could predict the answer but try was still a chance.

 “Maybe, you can have chil…”
 “No!” The girl squealed, the sound ripping . “I would never want children from ‘that’. I would rather die, I swear you.”

 The mood dropped and Nayeon irritated hurried to lock herself in her room. The older woman rubbed her forehead in anger towards herself.

 ***

 Nayeon never felt this tired before. She only wanted to be buried somewhere and never hear that nasty voice calling for her.

 “Honey, come on. You know, I can’t appear there without you.” He banged the door.

 Another event where she has to smile and show that everything was fine. It wasn’t fine and she would try to escape in the end anyway, only for him to find her and beat again. No, she would rather stay here and enjoy the loneliness.

 “, you will get it from me when I’ll be back.”

 Unpleasant shivers covered her back as he hit the door hard and went away. She cried, never wanting to face him or anyone else. Tucked into comforter she let the tears wet down the sheets and pillow to put her to sleep as fast as possible.

 She was asleep when something rubbed her cheek gently. The fingers traced the dried tears to wipe it away. A big hand gripped her own and the warmness surrounded her. This what Tzuyu would do when she was sleeping. Carefully going out of bed, caressing her face, gripping her hand as his warm lips were touching the forehead and leaving. But Tzuyu was away, heart-broken and disgusted by her lie.

 “Nayeon.”

 His voice was luring her into the dreamland where he was still here loving her to the deepest parts and treasuring that time they had together. Her name sounded the rightest with the accent and deep voice, husky from a whisper. The faint touch of warm breath fanning her cheek and the fresh scent of the uncharacteristically for man perfume.

 “Love, we need to hurry.”

 She didn’t want to hurry when he was here. She would fight every single person who wants to part them in order to hold him in the hands and feel the long-time forgotten butterflies and racing of the heart.

 As she was dreaming, her body was shook awake and she opened eyes in fear. Expecting to see her husband she covered her face and squeezed eyes shut. But nothing followed – no hard slaps or painful grasps on her wrist. She glanced from her shelter and felt heart stopping. The eyes that she longed for were staring at her in sadness. Tight lips smile welcomed the girl and she skipped closer crying her heart out to the one she truly loved, not sure whether it was real or not.

 “Nayeon, come on. We need to escape first.”

 His warm hands held her face, deep eyes encouraging the weak body to get up. And she followed, pulled by his gently grip on the hand, his concentrated eyes that stared out of the window. They left the room, Nayeon instantly feeling at danger and gripping Tzuyu’s hand stronger. He pulled her closer, arms snaking around her body and leading the girl away from the house of torture she was living in.

 ***

 Nayeon swore her dreams of Tzuyu became worse. It was too real and now she was afraid to open eyes and find herself laying on the bed in tears and fists are banging on her door, ready to break it. But the surroundings were silent and the faint chocolate scent was completely different from the usual. She opened eyes in panic, thoughts still circling over the fact that it must be a dream she put herself into.

 It was a hotel room or at least rented apartment since no attribute of personal stuff was present. The huge bed, the door for a wardrobe and maybe bathroom, single suitcase in the corner and chair facing the glass doors to the balcony. And she was alone. Did her husband take her here? She couldn’t remember a single detail about reaching the place. She tried to look around but found nothing important around herself.

 Only when she got up the girl was able to notice a man’s purse near the TV set. It was black with the slightest tint of blue, not the one her husband has. She took it carefully afraid to see what was inside. It was full and heavy and the first thing she noticed was the amount of money that was stuffed inside. The foreign passport caused her attention next. Nayeon took more air to open it and her hands refused to function after. This must be a joke.

 She looked over him – serious face, sparkling big eyes, dark hair covering the forehead messily. The name is written in a foreign language that he once tried to teach her. No way it was real. No way he was here saving her from years of suffering.

 The door opened with a very loud sound and she froze on her spot, afraid to turn and face the nightmare instead of the one she wanted most. It clicked closed before she heard steps approaching and the same familiar perfume hitting her nostrils.

 “Nayeon.”

 It only took her name to leave his mouth and she was already crying, eyes still were swollen and tired from the previous time. His hands encircled her and she dropped the passport to hold for the man she loved.

 “I’m sorry, Nayeon.”

 She was the one to apologize but her sobs couldn’t stop and she wasn’t able to even breathe normally. Tzuyu’s hand caressed her back smoothly, his cheek pressed to her head as the apologizes couldn’t stop falling off his lips.

 Everything was fine, he was here with her, his strong arms protecting the girl from everything and she didn’t care that he was away all this time. She just wanted to be tucked under one blanket, talk nights away and never separate.

 Decades passed for her before he pulled away, someone knocking on the door. Nayeon grasped his forearm, scared of the person outside. Tzuyu’s eyes fell on her and he smiled warmly. It was melting her like a cube of ice in the summer day, making her heart race and she trusted him.

 Tzuyu went to open the door and Nayeon found herself in the warm arms of the last person she expected to see. Her mother hurriedly stepped away and looked over her. Still in childish sleepwear with puffy red eyes and explosion on the head. She turned over to the guy.

 “Everything went smoothly? The maid was gone?”
 “Yes, thank you.”

 He bowed to her leaving Nayeon more confused with each second. The bag was stretched to her and the woman pointed to the bathroom door with the request to change. She followed glancing at Tzuyu for confirmation.

 She was fast, for some reason afraid that once she will be out Tzuyu would disappear from here. But instead, he sat in the chair talking with Mrs. Im on the serious topic. She felt herself embarrassed under his studying eyes but the need to know everything was eating her alive.

 “W-What is happening?” She couldn’t believe her voice sounded so pathetic.
 “Honey, I’m so sorry. I should have seen your struggles before. We gonna fill the lawsuit on that man, no matter what your father thinks of it.”
 “But…”
 “No, we have everything we need. You will never stay with that piece of again.”

 She never saw her mother this angry and she definitely never heard her swearing before. Nayeon understood what this was all about. It was because that monster was beating her, threatening her life and probably her mother heard of it from one of the maids or had to check cameras for evidence.

 “But Tzuyu?”
 “I asked him to return.” Her mother gave a warm smile. “I know you two need to talk about a lot of things but I can see that you two still hopelessly in love. If you would only tell me before, we could have found a solution and talk to your dad, Nayeon.”

 She stretched arms to her daughter and Nayeon gladly sat on the bed to be embraced by the mother she missed, the person that could understand her without words.

They were talking for a very long time about the things they would do and Nayeon still couldn’t believe how much Tzuyu changed. He got even taller and fit, broad shoulders and thin waist making her admire the look of plain white shirt and strict black trousers. The watch of the right hand must be expensive and the guy himself looked like one of those models in business magazines her father read all the time.

 Her mother had to go and she gently hugged them both before leaving, sharing the last short talk with Tzuyu that Nayeon didn’t hear. When they were alone again it felt awkward but it felt comfortable at the same time. They were just afraid to start talking or rather didn’t know how to begin.

 Nayeon watched him lingering next to the door but her heart wanted the guy to just embrace her and hold until all the madness in her life will end.

 “I-I think I will go and see if they have a room…”

 He cut his sentence when his sleeve was pulled gently and it seemed like all the toughness in him disappeared in a second. All the worries were broken as he grasped her shoulders in a tight hug.

 “I’m sorry, Tzuyu.”
 “I’m sorry too. I needed to dig into the situation before making a decision.”

 Nayeon never thought that a person could be this happy. Her heart was beating so fast as she just finished some sort of marathon and her body was shaking with excitement and fright. The person she loved was here and he came here for her, no more scary eyes that followed her while she was walking in the house, no more days locked in the room.

 They moved to the bed. Tzuyu had his back against the pillows as Nayeon rested on his shoulder, the hands interweaved.

 “Where have you been?” She asked.
 “I went home. A lot of things happened there. Now I have a nice job and perspectives for the future. I can face your father without any fear of being unworthy for you.”
 “Tzuyu, you never was unworthy for me. I love you and…”
 “That’s what matters. I understand it now.”
 “I never waited for all this gold and money from you. Just you by my side was enough.”

 His lips touched her head and he slightly rocked them back and forth. Yes, only they matter now.

 ***

 Mr. Im was furious. His son-in-law called him to inform that Nayeon has run away. He didn’t need all this drama when he was successful in politics. His wife just gave the man a brief knowledge of what happened and what she wants to do before announcing that she will leave him alone for a while as he didn’t support her on these actions.

 He wasn’t a bad person. He loved his family, especially his daughter. She was always his pride and happiness. Nayeon grew up having everything in her hands when she asked and to his mind, it was just impossible for her to be with a guy that couldn’t give her everything in this world. He took it upon himself to find a worthy partner for her. Kwon was always respectful to him, coming from one of the well-known family that had business. Money was bursting from their bank account and he appeared to be interested in Nayeon. It seemed like a perfect match.

 The man sat in the chair in his office, not quite believing that Kwon could abuse his daughter and Nayeon could actually keep quiet. He sighed massaging head before taking the phone and picking a person in contacts.

 “Yes, Sir.”
 “I’m sorry for a late call. Can you gather me all the information about Chou Tzuyu?”

 His people were working fast. Around 1 a.m. the files were already sent to his e-mail. Mr. Im put the coffee on the table and sat properly to concentrate. Some of the personal information was mixed with details about schools and visas he got.

 ‘Currently, taking the post of vice-president of the Kim Enterprise.’

 Kim Han-bon was a great man. His father found a small business that grew with time and today the old man had his brand known all around the world. Worthy and respected he was the guest to every event in the country. No one would ever count how many women were after him since Mr. Kim was single. Im couldn’t believe that Han-bon could trust his company to someone. He grabbed the phone again.

 “Anything else, Sir?”
 “The last part. Is that true? Is he really a vice?”

 The turmoil started. Sounds of heavy steps and flipping of the paper filled the phone.

 “As far as our resources have it. He began working at one on the branches 4 years ago and was promoted to the manager and then director of the firm. Just half a year ago he was stated as a vice-president. News stating that he might get the president place since Mr. Kim doesn’t have any heir.”
 “How is that possible? You sure it’s true?”
 “Sir, Mr. Chou is a well-known figure in Taiwan and China. Korean SNS just recently started to mention him, but he got a lot of articles. Do you want me to send it to you?”
 “No, arrange me an urgent meeting with Mr. Kim.”
 “Yes, Sir.”

 The next morning Mr. Im was tired. He barely had time to sleep instead of going through the web pages and indeed seeing Tzuyu’s name in the articles. He wasn’t sure how the guy looked like, but few pictures he saw there of a man were kind of familiar to him.

 Now he was entering the main building of Kim Ent. A huge skyscraper in the center of the city. The security greeted him and a nice lady with a rather fake smile asked him to follow. They went to the lift and got to the fifth floor. Im never was here before but he was sure that the place they were going wasn’t really Kim’s cabinet.

 The lady asked to wait and popped her head inside one room. Then she opened the door wider and asked to come in.

 The room was small, probably a place for small meetings. Han-bon sat in the central chair with a small greeting smile. He showed the chair that the guest could take and Im sat on it.

 “Excuse me for not getting up to greet you. My health is not that great nowadays. Problems with back always follow my family.”
 “Do not be sorry. At our age, it is important to be extremely health concern.”

 They smiled at each other. Mr. Kim was around 60th as far as the other man knew.

 “What brought you here, Mr. Im?”
 “I got the information that you are giving the company to someone?”

 The older one laughed quietly.

 “Don’t be so formal. It’s not a crime to mention his name. Tzuyu is a great young man. I trust him enough with my heritage.”

 Mr. Im got slightly shocked by the mockery tone in the interlocuter voice.

 “I know you came here because you’re worried about your daughter. Nayeon, am I right? I’m sure the guy can take good care of …”
 “What are you even talking about?” Politician raised his voice and the atmosphere slightly changed. “Do you even understand that she’s married? I never thought you Sir could agree to the idea of kidnapping the wife from her husband.”
 “I see.” The businessman sighed. “Tell me, mayor, have you ever put your papers down to look at your daughter? To at least find out what she likes and what she wants. I’m not talking about the childish requests, but the plans for the future. Have you ever thought what can make her happy?
 “A husband that can give her everything is what can make her happy.”

 Mr. Im was losing his temper. Who this man was to tell him that he neglected his daughter?

 “You’re thinking like an old man, my friend. I thought the same way. Found a woman that matched my level, forgetting about the pure love a had for the other petite lover whom I disappointed. Now look at me – old, divorced, without any child but with money. Is this the life you want for your daughter?” He spoke in a calm way, making a pause to let the words sink in. “I know Tzuyu well at this point. He came to my company as a simple guy. My manager was observing him carefully. The guy had a dream and devotion. He never stopped after getting new achievement ticked. I choose because he worth my attention and his post. Now think what worth your daughter.”

 Im stood up not giving any answer and made way to the door.

 “You know, they still will be together whatever you do. Tzuyu was very serious about his feelings.”

 ***

 It was a lot to proceed but after calming the temper, he suddenly understood that he never really visited his daughter when she got married. It was as he just sent her off to the man he never cared to understand fully. How could it turn that the work became more important than the family? Maybe, Han-bon was right. Nayeon loved that good-looking guy and she swore his feelings were the same. Now as he got the high post in this society, it was sure that he wasn’t in the run for the Ims money. Maybe it was fine for Nayeon to find the place she was truly happy at.

 The car stopped at the mansion and the driver made noise to announce that they had arrived. Mr. Im sighed and shook his head, this whole mess was giving him a headache. He got out and used a key that he was given to get into Kwon’s place. The terrified maid welcomed him but said nothing. He asked to call for the owner and a small girl went upstairs. The man stood in the living room for a while but no one went down to see him. Impatient he went to get son-in-law himself. He saw maid awkwardly standing at the door and ignoring her opened the door wide.

 The picture in front of him surprised the man more. Kwon stood half- pulling the shirt over himself while three girls were laying in bed trying to cover their bodies. The room was a mess of clothes. Mr. Im had no words.

 “Dad, we didn’t expect you to visit.”
 “Don’t call me that. What is even happening here?”

 The guy looked over the place.

 “Em… I just…” It was sure hard to find any proper explanation.
 “So all these years you were cheating on my daughter?”
 “No, Sir, it's just her temper is so bad. I never wanted to but she refused to talk to me or go out of the house. You know a man has his needs too.”

 Selfish smile disgusted Im and he turned to exit this place as soon as possible.

 “Dad, where are you going?”
 “I said don’t you dare call me this way. Never contact any of us again.”

 ***

 Nayeon felt selfish. She was keeping Tzuyu to herself for the five days now, lazing to the point where she didn’t even let him leave the bed. He was patient with her, allowing her to nuzzle into his body and comforting her to sleep. She was sure he stayed awake at night probably working since when she would occasionally wake up he would sit in the chair with laptop and sometime he would stand on the balcony talking by phone.

 It took time to tell what happened to him and how he gained everything he had now. Even infamous Kim Han-bon came to see her and reassure that they will get that bastard to the jail. Her parents worked together with their lawyers and it was successful enough especially after all the photos and videos. The maid added her statement claiming that she once found unknown powder in his pockets.

 “Tzuyu.” She called.
 “Hm?” The guy her hair gently.
 “What do you think will happen to us?”

 He shifted and laid the way that they were in front of each other in bed, eyes sparkling as he watched her relaxed face and loving smile. He grabbed her hand and raised it to his face, lips gently brushing over the smooth skin, kissing the ring finger and staring right in Nayeon’s eyes.

 “If you stay with such a fool like me, I will put a ring on this finger, give you all my love.” He was smiling. “I wish you continue with your dreams and hobbies. I wish for us to have a big family.”

 She blushed at his words and that sweet glint in his eyes.

 “This time I won’t let go, Nayeon.”

 She skipped closer and shortened the gap between them. His lips were still as sweet and soft as she remembered. Butterflies erupted in her stomach and the warmth from him protected from all the coldness outside. He hovered above her, lips pressing hard and tongue slipping in for open hot kisses.

 “Tzuyu, wait. I…” She pressed hands in his chest.
 “What’s wrong?”
 “I was… He forced me to…”

 He silenced her with a kiss.

 “It’s okay. You are mine now, love. If you want to wait, I understand.”
 “I love you, Tzuyu.”