You slipped away. (NaTzu)

Tzuyu's favorite unnies.

Hi, everyone.
You probably noticed that I marked it as a completed story. 
I want to say that I'll probably finish writing this for now. I still have some finished ones but I don't really like the plot there so I won't post it.
I'll do my best to start uploading my next story soon but I really like to write half a story before slowly posting it, so it's not done yet.
I also work on more mature one-shot stories that maybe I'll upload sometime.

Thank you all for the support, your comments and upvotes and everything. 
Let's work hard together and support Twice as well.

 

 

 Sneaking through the branches of the bushes that were growing here for ages Tzuyu thought that people would soon assume that he was doing weird stuff. The roses that he already passed before painfully cut his skin and its branches were planning to stick right into his eyes all the time. It wasn’t uncommon for him to crawl around the garden but he still couldn’t find the best route to the house. His eyes were completely used to the darkness and phone was set on the silence mode from the moment he climbed the fence. He knew that if someone sees him, he’ll be grounded, but the boy did his best. He was well aware of the security cameras and their location so made sure to not get on any of them. The dog that barked somewhere wasn’t a threat – this little fluffy creature knew Tzuyu and won’t bite or caught attention.

 The sudden sound of the engine scared him and he dug into the bushes again landing on the hard ground and controlling his loud breathing to hear what that sound was. The car doors loudly banged and he heard the wheels sliding on the bitumen. The sound was moving away so he sighed with relief and continued to get near the house.

 The house was big – two floors towered on the ground in its brown and white colors. The old-fashioned design of the windows that Tzuyu hated now suited the place well. The windows on the first floor were lit and he tried to avoid getting closer. He crawled to the big tree that looked kind of scary at evening. Its branches reaching straight to the window that was his goal since the beginning. Tzuyu stood up holding his aching back and cleaning the clothes that were covered in dirt. He lightly patted his arms anticipating the hardship he will face while climbing. He jumped using all of his strength to lift his heavy bottom up and get closer to the first branch. It was hard – he always felt like he went to the gym after this route here and back home. When he was able to sit on the twig he let his mussels rest for a bit looking around to remember the way he used to climb before.

 The hands and legs were almost giving up when he was able to reach the balcony. He threw his body over to land on the cool floor and relaxed. The huge chair that people usually place in the garden under the terrace to sit there and watch the rain wasn’t really suitable here but who was he to say so. He finally was able to get in, trying the handle that opened with ease.

 The bright and colorful room welcomed him in. It was probably bigger than his little apartment and had too many things. The bed was made up and had a blue dress on it, the couch was filled with plushies, and coffee table was stuffed with fashion magazine and other girly things. The big table with laptop that was was surrounded with four mannequins dressed in something strange. He didn’t notice the owner of the room so hurriedly checked himself in the mirror and flopped on the couch to wait.

 Only 10 minutes passed when the bathroom door opened and the girl came out. Her hair was dripping wet and she had a towel wrapped around her body. She slightly flinched when she noticed him but upon screaming, the girl just smiled running into his waiting arms and planting a kiss on the lips. He watched her smile attentively just enjoying the view on her face when the brush spread all over her cheeks and she pulled away skipping to the bathroom to hide. Tzuyu smirked feeling his heart trembling from happiness – all of the pain gone and he jumped up following the girl.

 She stood in front of the mirror still in her towel and was drying the hair. Tzuyu hurriedly crawled behind her and embraced her waist. She smelt nice and he couldn’t help but nuzzle into slightly wet soft neck pushing her head to the side to leave few kisses.

 “I missed you.” He groaned pulling her closer.
 “Me too.” She put the hairdryer aside lacing their fingers that were resting on her hips.
 “I’ve heard the car. Are your parents away?”
 “Yeah, they were invited to the dinner.”
 “Im Nayeon.” He said, voice deeper.
 “What?”
 “I love you.”

 It was hard to not know about Im family. Im KwanSoo, Nayeon’s father, was a member of the government for 10 years now, usually being referred as the young and hardworking one. Now he was the mayor of Seoul that was trying to retake the post for second time. As the elections were getting closer, every corner of the city was covered in his photos. It was just a coincidence that Tzuyu and Nayeon met. He was searching for extra money and accepted the post of one of the members for financial team for the Im KwanSoo party. It was the time Mr Im came for a weekly report when he brought Nayeon as well. The two couldn’t tear the eyes of each other and eventually after secretly exchanging the phone numbers and sneaking on a few dates they started dating. The problem was that Mr Im was very strict when it concerned his daughters, Nayeon’s younger sister was studying abroad. He never allowed Nayeon to go out late and wasn’t happy by the idea of any guys being around. And that’s how Tzuyu was forced to crawl through Ims garden to see Nayeon, especially when it was almost three months before elections and everyone became more aggressive.

 Tzuyu let Nayeon dress up in that beautiful blue dress and soon they were cuddling in bed watching stupid shows on TV. All the staff members that worked in the house were busy relaxing after a tiring day and Nayeon tended to close her door so no one would disturb them. They would most likely stay the whole evening together and Tzuyu would wait for the girl to fall asleep before planning his route back home and eventually leaving.

 “How was work today?”
 “Fine. Manager-nim said that they will hire me as a full-time member the next week.”
 “So, you’ll quit at dad’s party center?”
 “Yes.”
 “Oh, he’ll be very disappointed. You played a big part in planning the budgets.” She giggled.

 Sometimes when they were together and he was listening to each small sound from outside the room, he wished that their romance wasn’t a secret, that they could walk on the streets holding hands or he could take Nayeon out on the dates at the evenings. But every time they talked about it, Nayeon was scared. He wasn’t sure what scared her the most – the things that her dad could do with Tzuyu or the fact that he could forbid her from pursuing her dream as the designer. They had few arguments about it but Tzuyu just hoped she loves him just like he does, and not just did all of this because he was the one willing to take a role of a thief to see her.

 It was already 1 a.m. when Nayeon fell asleep. She pleaded him to stay the night but Tzuyu didn’t want to hide under the bed again in the morning when the maid would come to wake the girl up. He carefully pulled his arm out of Nayeon’s grip and pulled covers away to get up. He made sure to collect the girl’s clothes and put them on the couch before dressing up himself. Tzuyu checked the phone, keys from apartment and car and got closer to the sleeping beauty to give the goodnight kiss.

 Under the darkness of the night, he made his way back to in the garden, then to the fence and on the street. His car was parked few meters away. He pulled the hood on the head to be unnoticed and walked. The moon was bright and big calling for his attention. He sighed remembering the short time he spent with Nayeon again. He wished there was more than this secret relationship.

 ***

 Friday was the usual time Mr Im visited the center. He was accompanied by his wife and Nayeon this time, probably to let them know what to do during the time before elections. The financial team was getting ready to leave as the presentation was done and the manager spoke with the mayor. Tzuyu was collecting documents with others when his name was called. He approached the manager who stood in front of Im family and bowed once more.

 “I’ve heard you gonna leave us today?” Mayor spoke.
 “Yes, sir.”
 “Such a pity for us. You’re very talented, I could have helped you with the job.”
 “Sir, you knew that he worked here just because the workplace couldn’t accept him as a full-time employee.” Manager spoke.
 “So, you made it there?” Mr Im raised eyebrows.
 “Yes, sir.”
 “And where?”
 “It’s Park Int. He’ll be a member of financial team.” Manager Soo interrupted again.

 Im KwanSoo thought for a while, probably recalling the company name, before smiling. He stood up patting Tzuyu’s shoulder.

 “You’re really amazing, boy. It’s extremely hard to get a place there. Is the salary good?”
 “It gonna be enough to support myself. If I’ll work harder, then I can be promoted and earn more.”
 “Yeah, that’s how you should think. All the luck to you, boy.”

 He never was trying to remember Tzuyu’s name. Tzuyu was the youngest here, so mayor preferred to refer to him as ‘boy’. He bowed again, catching Nayeon’s smile for him before continuing his work.

 As the day was coming to the end everyone said him goodbyes and let him finish work early. Nayeon wasn’t texting him, meaning that she was busy, so he asked his friends to hang out a little. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were his best buddies ever since school. The trio used to study together, pull pranks together and clean toilets after the principle would find out about their jokes.

 They all gathered in the quiet bar after work drinking for Tzuyu’s successes and for the end for working week. They discussed the latest events allowing Dahyun, who was obsessed with social media, upload some photos online. Tzuyu wasn’t thinking about it, but the reaction came instantly. His phone asked for attention on the fifth bottle of beer when he became a bit tipsy. He pulled it out and answered.

 “What are you doing?” Nayeon’s voice didn’t sound happy.
 “I’m drinking with boys.” He blabbed.
 “I thought we talked about it, Tzuyu-ya.”

 He wasn’t allowed to go out without her. He knew it. Nayeon’s jealousy was striking hard every time she saw him with someone else. It wasn’t too bothersome as this way he knew that she really liked him and didn’t want to see a girl next to the guy. But as his friends were confusing him more and more about their romance, he didn’t know what to think anymore.

 “I just thought we could celebrate my new job and that’s all. You didn’t text, so…” He saw the glances that the other two gave him.
 “No, it could be completely fine with me if you would just be at your home drinking, but not in the damn bar.”

 Her voice was loud enough to shake the walls in the bar. The music was quiet and Dahyun jumped slamming his phone on the table. The group of people that sat three tables away turned to their direction as well and Tzuyu got a little bit more sober, getting ready to apologize and leave as soon as possible.

 Chaeyoung grabbed his phone in anger.

 “Hey, Nayeon. You know, Tzuyu’s a bit drank here, maybe you can come and pick him up?”

 His tone was stinging, he knew good enough that Im Nayeon would never do something like this. He grinned in annoyance when no answer followed.

 “I’m busy now. Can you take him home?” She was quiet but still angry.
 “Yes.”
 “Then, tell him to text me when he’ll be home.”

 Chaeyoung didn’t want to let a word slip out of his mouth anymore, so he hanged up and put the phone away. Tzuyu curiously watched him for answers and the smaller guy just smiled.

 “I dealt with it. Let’s party hard, dude.”
 “But she’s crazy though. Why are you still dating?” Dahyun checked his phone while speaking.
 “I don’t know. I just love her. I don’t think it’s crazy to be concerned about your partner.”
 “But you more like her property. She made too many rules for you to follow, don’t you think? If she really loves you then why you still her dirty secret that she can hide in the wardrobe.” Chaeyoung angrily hit the table.

 Tzuyu wasn’t the one who think badly of the people, but when he started dating Nayeon people were pushing ‘truth’ into his face. ‘She was just toying you.’ ‘She can’t date anyone, so she accepted you because you easy to manipulate.’ ‘She just wants you for because you good-looking and you are able to crawl into her room like a Romeo.’ He thought about it a lot. Sometimes it was painful to hear this, sometimes he wished they had never met. But he loved her and he couldn’t shut these feelings. He just hoped that she felt something truly beautiful for him or at least she wouldn’t hurt him too much in the future.

Nayeon was ignoring him for the whole weekends for no reason. He felt miserable for letting her worry, but couldn’t show his tired face at work. He was dressed in a nice suit for the first day and had the new badge with his name on it. He went on the 5th floor and was welcomed with team leader and manager of finance. The two girls showed him places he wasn’t allowed to enter before and gave him the first task for today. Other employees that he was familiar with were welcoming him warmly and friendly. He was really happy and worried about the first day.

 It was a coincidence when the manager came and named some people to come with her for the company meeting and Tzuyu was one for them. He learned that it was made to show him what the company is. The meeting was held for two hours with the CEO, middle-aged man, and his daughter that would hire everything after him – both very nice and smiley. Tzuyu had a clear vision of the researches he had to make after.

 It was helpful and interesting learning about stuff. The day went very productive and he was praised a lot for this. Eventually, Nayeon talked to him through the phone, being worried about his first day and everything became normal soon.

 ***

 He was working for the whole two months now and it was harder to follow his personal life anymore. After Im KwanSoo became the mayor for the second time and Nayeon was busy attending events with her family it became almost impossible for them to meet. Tzuyu was working till late hours to help the team with an annual report, Nayeon was working on her designs and the two were only texting or calling each other late in evenings.

 Tzuyu was afraid that it would make Nayeon bored and they would soon break up, as he could hear how irritated she was when they spoke about the day. She didn’t like the fact that they apart as well, knowing that financial team was mostly made out of women. Tzuyu never knew she could get this jealous.

 Probably, this stress snapped her once and that’s why Mr Im came to his place one evening frowning and tired. He looked over his apartment, checking for anything and silently sat in the chair in his expensive suit. Tzuyu awkwardly stood in front of him waiting.

 “Nayeon just told me that you two are dating. Is that right?”
 “Yes, sir.” He was shocked but confident in his words.
 “For how long?”
 “Almost a year, sir.”

 The man sighed and rubbed his nose.

 “Do you love her?”
 “Yes, sir.”

 He stared right in Tzuyu’s eyes.

 “You know me very well, boy. You can trust me here. She does not love you. She’s just desperate to be with someone because her future already decided. She’s going to marry another person 10 years older than she is and have a life with him.”

 Each of his words painfully cut his heart, but he couldn’t do anything but just stand and listen to it.

 “You just were her rebel act of protest, her object to distract from the future. But you two are not suitable for each other. She’s a daughter of the mayor and you just a guy that came to South Korea to study and eventually stayed here. You understand me?”

 The man watched Tzuyu with a question but Tzuyu just couldn’t say a word. He couldn’t believe the fact that Nayeon really lied to him all the time.

 “You’ll only make her life miserable. What can you give her? This place? The diamond ring? The work she dreamed of?” He made a pause. “Nothing! I hope we understood each other.”

 He patted Tzuyu on the shoulder in a more calming manner, before exiting shutting door behind.

 Tzuyu barely slept the whole night. He came to work early to help with the report and see the manager off to the meeting. All the day he spent in front of the computer doing extra work today. He didn’t even notice as the lunch passed and then the whole team was dismissed for today. He stayed late and finished everything before going home.

 He was surprised when he saw the girl that broke his heart standing in front of his door. She looked terrible with red eyes and scratched arms. His heart ripped apart when she bumped into Tzuyu’s chest and cried harder. He pulled her inside, warming into the blankets and seating on the bed.

 “H-Have you seen him?” She sobbed.
 “Yes, we met after work.”
 “He was so cruel. I can’t believe him. I ran away from the house and I would never be back again. I will live with you and…”
 “Do you want it?”
 “Eh?”

 Her red eyes looked at him, puffy cheeks were adorable but it wasn’t the time to get all lovely dovely.

 “What do you mean?”
 “Can you really refuse everything your life consisted off just to be with me?”

 He felt a knife turning in his chest when the hesitation appeared in Nayeon’s eyes. She wasn’t ready. She never knew how it was living in need, not sure what the other day would bring. She didn’t know what it was like to work without any education degree in a dirty café or noisy club every day just to pay the rent and buy some food. She would never leave her father side if she knew.

 “Never mind. Let’s calm you down a little. I’ll make tea, okay?”

 He stood up reaching the kitchen when the text came to his phone. He checked it hurriedly before hiding the phone away and opening the cupboard for something.

 Nayeon was already comfortable when he came back. She turned the TV on and switched a few channels but probably couldn’t find the one she had back home, so she stopped on the show and received the cup of tea.

 “How’s work?”
 “Fine. I’m working hard each day.”
 “You’re really hard-working, ah?” She playfully nudged his side, trying to get a smile.
 “Yes.”
 “Come on, cuddle with me.”

 He sipped a bit of his tea before placing it on the coffee table. Nayeon crawled into his arms with her warm cup in hands and put head under his chin. She was warm and smelt nice, the feelings Tzuyu wanted to remember forever. Her small hand was playing with his shirt as the other one she used to drink tea to warm up. They had relationships that were secret. The one that never should have happened. The one that Tzuyu wanted and never regretted. He wasn’t sure who worked harder in keeping their love flowing. He knew that Nayeon loved him but their lives were different. And as the tea was gone and Nayeon was slowly falling asleep under the effect of sleeping pill, he hoped that her life would be better and she would achieve everything she wanted.

 The knock on the door made him tear the glance from the sleeping beauty. He came to the door and opened it without asking. Mr Im went in with his security. He looked over his daughter and ordered the men to deliver her to the car.

 “You are a good boy, but I can’t let her slip on this life. Next time you’ll come to work, you’ll be suddenly sent to the other country. Don’t worry about it. I just don’t want my daughter getting hurt. Goodbye, Tzuyu.”

 It was the first time Im KwanSoo used his name.

 

Sorry, that it's kind of sad.