Games can’t replace YU. (Mitzu)

Tzuyu's favorite unnies.

 People always need people, someone said. Everyone needs the other one to talk to, to support and to love after all. We can’t spend our whole life in the loneliness, waiting for something to happen. We need to create this something. And people who try to avoid the world just scared of this something.

 Mina was one of them. In the early age, she was sent to Korea study with a single maid that didn’t know much about the new environment they were forced in. Korea was a new challenge for both of them. They got lost, strolled around the district for two hours and when found the right house, struggled with the door.

 The house was big though – three spacious rooms, a huge living room and normal kitchen. Too big for two of them, apparently. But it felt nice after a while as space started to get filled with photo frames, paintings and different decor supplies. At that time Mina also moved into her room. It was the biggest room in the house, the farthest door from the stairs, the place where Mina felt both lonely and protected. She decorated it well – the bed near the wardrobe, table by the window, couch on the other side and the big space in the center with a fluffy rug where she usually placed a small table for studying. She liked it that way.

 Her parents were visiting once a year to check on them, or when they had a business in Seoul, but it was rare. They enrolled the girl in the school but thought that home-schooling would be better for a while as Mina still didn’t know the foreign language too good. She was living like this for three years and still not a single friend, only a maid.

 Then when she finally went to a middle school it was scary as ever. Her heart felt like bursting out of her chest, hands were shaking violently. She walked into the classroom with everyone else, hoping that someone would approach her. It happened soon – the small pretty girl with two ponytails and happy smile. Jiyeon, as she introduced herself, was very nice and cheerful and she liked to talk a lot. She was the center of anyone’s attention, she was a source of fights over boys and she was Mina’s friend.

 Mina thought they were besties. She didn’t want anyone else and wanted to give all of her time to this friend of hers. They did everything together and it was the first girl, Mina felt weird feeling to. Once they watched two girls older than them confessing to each other in the park. Jiyeon was impressed and Mina couldn’t take her eyes off the girl’s features. Her heart flattered by thoughts of them acting the same way those girls were.

 But that never really happened. Mina watched as her friend was slowly drifting away from her. She was more interested in the other people as cheerful and active as her. Mina wasn’t like that. She stayed in class with a book in hands, prefer to study first and then have fun, never wanted to join those weird hangouts that her classmates organized. And Jiyeon was different. She couldn’t sit still. Her arms were always ready to do something and mouth couldn’t close for a second. Her life seemed to be much interesting and her hobbies were confusing Mina more and more.

 When they finally decided to talk, Jiyeon said all she had – some bad words with accuses, that she maybe never meant. But it was enough to break Mina’s heart and their friendship. And it was enough to make Mina lost her trust in people.

 After that, she drifted to something else that entertained her – the Internet and computer games. When the middle-school was over, she was brought a huge computer, the game console, everything she asked. She didn’t care about the high-school her parents would send her or the weather on street, she was lured in by the games. Mina played it non-stop – arcades, shooters, dating simulators, online games without any sense.

 This way she felt busy, she felt like she was full of friends – there the girl was confessing her ‘love’ or playing hard to get, there the boys were joining her team to complete the mission, there she had thousands of lives.

 Never changed when she went to high-school, Mina couldn’t socialize with her classmates, her eyes were stuck on the phone with games, she felt betrayed by the world and she was uninterested in other people. She was enrolled in the school with a high percentage of foreigners and even her Japanese classmates couldn’t initiate a normal conversation with a lonely girl, so everyone stopped trying.

 That was until a second year when their school blow up with talks about the new transfer student, the most beautiful person ever lived. Mina didn’t pay much attention, she needed to finish the game this day and move to the ones that arrived yesterday. She sat on the bench as usually in the sports hall, looking straight into her smartphone and not minding the loud noises around. The hall was spacious so the two classes usually share it together, playing some game or testing their abilities. Mina didn’t mind it.

 “Watch out.” Someone screamed.

 Mina lifted her head, wanting to throw the annoyed look at the person but the ball appeared in front of her eyes, going right into her face. She wasn’t too fast to coordinate her body, so the hit came right into her forehead, sending the girl out on the floor with a loud noise.

 The sound of steps filled her ears as the head was spinning and ringing with pain. She watched the light on the ceiling apologizing to her parents for being bad from time to time. And then the angel appeared above her. She had a long black hair in a high ponytail, deep dark doe eyes with long lashes that were filled with concern. She was much pretty that any of the girls Mina tried to make fall in love with her in games. Her lips parted pronouncing something, but Mina heard nothing at all. Then the other face appeared, one of her classmates, then one more and more, before the coach, a tall woman, pushed them away, leaving only the angel near.

 When Mina opened eyes again, she saw the white ceiling over her, the white bed and her phone near. The smell of medicine surrounded her and the head felt very heavy. She stood up, sitting on the bed, rubbing the back of the head that burned from pain.

 “Oh, you awake.” The school nurse came up to her, smiling. “Please, stay still. Your maid will come soon to pick you up.”

 Then she remembered the unfortunate events that happened to her. But that angel-like looking girl was filling her head. She was extremely pretty and her concerned face was adorable, Mina remembered her soft hands on her cheeks. She wanted to meet her again.

 The next week Mina stayed home with a headache and huge purple wound on the forehead. She was busy with testing new games again, from time to time drifting to the face of the girl that was plastered in her mind from that day on. One more thing was that her maid had to leave and head back home. She spent almost more than 10 years working for Myoui family and with Mina, but she had her own family too that she wanted to be with. It was hard, but Mina thought it was for the best. Her parents offered to hire the other one, but Mina didn’t want anyone else.

 When she came back to school Sana, one of her classmates, came up to her and asked about her health. Mina answered awkwardly and briefly, but the blonde girl still was happy. Then after some time, the boy approached, apologizing for what happened.

 But Mina wasn’t really touched or thankful, she just felt uncomfortable and scared to contact with someone. She occupied her seat and distant herself with a help of phone like she always did before.

 “Sana-unnie, Dahyun is bullying me again.”

 The unusual sulking voice came from the entrance. The room immediately filled with whispers. Mina didn’t want to, but she had to look up. The voice was so interesting and cute that once in a while Mina’s curiosity woke up in her.

 She saw the same angel from the P.E. class. She looked even more mesmerizing in the school uniform and hair curling down her sides. The adorable pout spread over her lips and lifted up brows right in Mina’s heart.

 “Arh, is she scaring you again?” Sana stood up, a bit angry and exited the room followed by the beauty that threw Mina a brief glance.

 This girl was stuck in a Japanese head. She couldn’t concentrate on her games the whole evening and when decided to sleep the image of her pouty face and puppy-like eyes appeared again.

 Mina was like this the whole week. She saw the girl from time to time, walking in the corridor or playing with everyone during P.E., but nothing more. She was much more surprised to receive a small note on her table to meet in the nearest park. But she was more surprised to see the angelic girl there.

 She smiled brightly, introducing herself as Chou Tzuyu and gifting a single small rose that looked like she was taken from the school garden. Mina watched as the girl awkwardly hid her hands behind her, looking around and getting ready to say something.

 “You know, I actually was very interested in you. You are so pretty and so on, but I don’t know much about you. But I really like you. So, can we go out or maybe date and get to know each other more?”

 It was obvious that the tall girl was nervous. She occasionally rubbed the back of her head and bit her pinky lips, but it was adorable until Mina caught up what she was saying.

 She didn’t want anyone to interfere in her life again. She was comfortable with her games and she didn’t want anyone to ruin the bond she created with them. She found the peace in it and some girl couldn’t break her little world. So she rejected, not knowing that her little world was already ruined.

 She noticed it the other day, when the computer and started the next level. Her fingers couldn’t work properly, eyes shifted on the time and her concentration was losing from time to time. The disappointed face of Tzuyu and her sorry smile couldn’t be forgotten. Mina never felt like this before, but she wasn’t interested in the game she didn’t finish.

 The next Monday morning, she acted like a creepy stalker, waiting by the gates to catch a glimpse of the girl. She didn’t touch her phone today and never wanted to do so, instead, she was interested to see how Chou Tzuyu will enter the school.

 Surprisingly, she went out of the car in her uniform and smiley face. Mina felt like approaching her, maybe apologize, but the other person soon appeared out of the car – the small girl with orange hair and the uniform too. They both said something to the person on the driving seat before entering the school gates. Just by one simple glace, Mina could tell they were close. She silently watched the pair skipping to the main doors while talking. It felt weird. Mina never had her eyes on something else rather than her phone, but this girl just occupied her whole world in the single moment.

 Unknown to herself, Mina started to going out of the classroom, strolling around to catch a glimpse of the tall beauty, but it was easy said than done. Her classmates and even teachers were shocked seeing her in the hall with no phone around. But it was even interesting – Mina found some activity clubs that she didn’t know were existing. About the sports clubs she heard a lot, even the dance club was popular because of Sana and Momo, but archery club sounded unusual.

 As Tzuyu wasn’t founded anywhere, Mina came back to her desk in the classroom. The only hope she had was Sana as Mina had already understood that the other Japanese knew Tzuyu well. She watched the girl the whole time, following sometimes out of class, but ended up by walking into Momo or Sana’s other friends. No sight of Chou Tzuyu.

 This was repeating for some time. And Mina couldn’t recognize herself. She wasn’t interested in games anymore, the only thing she wanted was to be back to school and search for her Tzuyu, that even wasn’t hers in the first place.

 She finally had her luck, when the small girl ran into the classroom and called for Sana’s attention.

 “Sana-unnie. Come on, Tzuyu will be third.”

 It caught her attention as well and she packed as fast as she can to catch up with two girls. They went to the stadium that started to crow and was decorated well. Mina noticed some of the targets in the far side. Completely losing the girls out of her view, she tried to take an empty and most convenient seat. From the conversations flowing around, Mina understood that it was the show-off competition for members of archery club to join the real competition between schools.

 She watched carefully every single detail, noticing some girls in the uniform with bows and arrows that were stretching. The stadium was very crowded as the time went by and Mina saw Sana, Momo and some other girl skipping to the first row that was empty, probably especially for them. She watched them carefully until the event started and someone stole all of her attention.

 Tzuyu went on the field in the black leggings covered with shorts and blue jacket. She was gorgeous. Her face shone with shyness and nervousness as she was presented to the public, receiving shouts, but her friends screamed the loudest killing their voices completely. Mina couldn’t tear her eyes off the girl. Her body seemed perfect in these clothes, a tall figure stood straight and proud. Their eyes met for a brief moment before Mina’s heart stopped and her breath caught in her lungs. She saw the girl giving her a small smile before looking away. It sure killed Mina.

 She watched the girl’s every move, following her to the side of the stadium and back on the field when it was her time to perform. She was the greatest archer in Mina’s eyes even though she never saw one before and she kind of missed those ones who were before the girl. But Tzuyu hit straight 9s, concentrating hard and receiving applauds. She got embarrassed after she bowed finishing her act and her friends created a chant using her name.

 At the end of the event, they choose those who did well and Tzuyu was one of them, Mina even found the courage to applaud in herself. But she still was too far from the girl that she rejected.

 The most annoying thing that she noticed over the week of constantly checking on the girl or secretly watching her practice, was that Chaeyoung, a small friend of Tzuyu, always presented around. And Mina saw them sharing a very strong kind of relationships. Tzuyu was admiring the girl – always taking her side, comforting, choosing her over the other. And Chaeyoung acted similarly.

 Mina was confused to the end of her minds. In her view, that’s how couples were acting or at least people that were in love. Mina felt sad and jealous because Tzuyu confessed to her while acting like this towards the other girl and the fact that those two always come and left together didn’t help at all.

 The other few days the Japanese tried to distract herself with games again. She played her favorite one but didn’t found success there, then she slowly went to the Sims on her computer and ended up creating Tzuyu as her partner which led her to turn the game off. She wandered around the room for a moment, then pick up her phone, hoping to finish the other level, but she lost 4th times in the first 3 minutes. She was devastating. Nothing was going smoothly the way she used to do it. And the only reason that could turn her into this mess was no other than Chou Tzuyu.

 No one even confessed to Mina that way, no one paid her so much attention before. She was one of the ordinary people – not as cheerful and friendly as Sana, not as good in dancing as Momo, not leader-like as Jihyo or any other. Just an ordinary person that liked hiding behind others and locking herself into gamer world. But Tzuyu saw her – smiled to her in the canteen, rushing to her to help when she was hurt, carrying her to the nurse as Mina remembered and asking a boy to apologize as Mina understood later. No one did it to her. And Mina just pushed this someone away afraid to be disturbed from her games. She didn’t want these games anymore, she wanted someone like Tzuyu to take care of her. She was afraid to be alone.

 Thinking almost the whole weekends, forgetting to call the parents and eat, Mina finally got advice from her mom, who cooed over her daughter and promised to visit Mina in two months to see how the things will be going.

 The next morning Mina was ready. She prepared her stuff behind the school in the small garden and since the early morning waited for a girl to arrive. As usual, she came 15 minutes before school by the same car, exiting with Chaeyoung. Mina let her frustration out by cursing a little in Japanese and approaching the girl.

 “Tzuyu-ssi.” She called, her voice breaking from lack of communication.

 The both of them turned around, staring at her. Chaeyoung smirked, Mina saw it, before clinging over the tall girl as much as she could, almost climbing on top of her.

 “Do you want something, Mina-unnie?” The puppy-like eyes looked in her own.
 “Y-yes. I-I wanted to talk.” Her confidence disappeared under the pressure.
 “Talk.” The loud voice of the small girl teasingly dared.
 “E-Ehm, privately.”

 Eventually, Chaeyoung let them be, skipping to the school building, leaving Tzuyu to follow silent Mina who strangely walked to the garden.

 When they reached the place though, the Japanese pulled the flowers out of nowhere and put it in front Tzuyu’s face, covering the sight of her red cheeks and embarrassment.

 “What’s that?”
 “I like you. Date me.”

 It sounded rude and insincere. Mina didn’t want it to be this way, but her nervousness played a hard joke on her. She stood waiting for Tzuyu to take the flowers but that didn’t happen, so Mina looked up, noticing the confused expression that changed her face completely.

 “Are you saying it because I’m pretty?”

 Honestly, Mina would say yes. The girl was extremely beautiful, no one could compete, but the huge experience in dating simulators showed that it won’t make her win the girl’s heart.

 “You are, but you also very talented and bright and since the day I saw you I couldn’t concentrate on anything else but you. I like the way you smile, the way you talk. Everything.”

 Mina peeked through her eyelashes at the blushing girl. She was just an adorable ball of fluff and Mina wanted to squeeze her cheeks and lock the girl into her embrace.

 “I want to date you.”

 Mina thought her ears played a trick on her. She glanced at the smiley girl and tried to confirm her assumption.

 “Really?”
 “Yes.”

 Mina thought her heart would burst out that time.

 Later, when the classes were over, Mina was one of the first people to leave the classroom. She wanted to watch Tzuyu practising. Making her way to the back of the school where archery club usually had their training, Mina felt like being followed. She didn’t mind it at first as some students could go to this direction too, but the tension increase as the people were literally breathing at the back of her head. She turned around, meeting curious girls. Chaeyoung stared at her with an innocent smile, Sana tried to pretend as if she was busy with a phone that she held upside down, the unknown girl stared right at her with suspicions glance, and Momo, well, she just turned around, as nothing happened.

 “So, are you Mina? Why you rejected Tzuyu at first? Why you acted like a creep and followed her everywhere? And why you confessed? And…”
 “Wow, Dubu, calm down. This girl is so shy that she would probably run away before giving any answers.” Chaeyoung commented, throwing a hand over the pale one’s shoulders.

 Everyone looked at her. The atmosphere was awkward and Mina wasn’t sure if she could answer the questions that she already forgot because of nervousness. However, Momo broke the silence.

 “Come on, guys. Let’s talk there.”

 Apart from all of them, Momo could be as shy and awkward as Mina, so she understood the girl very well and didn’t want her to be afraid of Tzuyu’s friends.

 While watching the practice, Mina was constantly being disturbed from the tall goddess. It was annoying, but she couldn’t do much. Tzuyu’s friends were worried and even usually busy Jihyo joined them.

 “Have you kissed?” Mina noticed the motherly protection in Jihyo eyes.
 “No.”
 “That’s great. Better don’t do it till marriage.”

 Sana laughed out loud, pushing the girl lightly.

 “She’s kidding. Enjoy youth people.”

That was the most awkward time ever. They kept talking about kissing and , embarrassing each other and trying to drag Mina as well. Tzuyu glanced at them annoyingly when girls laughed like hyenas, but said nothing, just giving the apologetic smile to the youngest Japanese.

 When practice was over and Tzuyu was announced to clean the things, her friends started to get ready and leave. While they were arguing over something, Momo approached Mina, nudging her side.

 “Come on. We’ll be going. Take your girl. She loves bread and chocolate.”

 After that, she joined others and heading away.

 Mina awkwardly skipped to the tall girl picking the arrows and putting them to the little bucket. Tzuyu smiled at her and carried some baskets into the building. They were pretty awkward with each other, doing their things in silence and occasionally throwing glances on the way the other was acting. When they were done, Tzuyu offered the girl to wait for her inside the stadium. The building was dark as everyone already gone home and when Tzuyu entered the changing room, Mina followed, scared to stay on her own.

 One thing Mina could think of is Tzuyu’s lips, especially when the girl bit on the lower one. All the kissing scenes flooded her head. She was dreaming about those pinky lips since the day Tzuyu appeared in front of her face. Mina was a bit happy to have a least the tiny experience in dating, received from games. She was pretty sure she knew how to move during kisses and she was eager to try and impress Tzuyu or make a complete fool out of herself.

 “Tzu-Tzuyu.” She called, trembling from nervousness.
 “Yes?”
 “Do you want to go out with me on Sunday?”
 “Yes. I’ll be glad.”

 Mina was hiding behind the locker, leaning on it and listening to the shifting of clothes.

 “Will it be a date?”

 Tzuyu’s smiley face appeared from the corner, shocking Mina. Her head started to spin when the girl grinned on her flustered cheeks. Dressed in the white shirt and skirt she looked breathtaking. Mina couldn’t blink but still didn’t know when she got pressed to the locker with Tzuyu trapping her using the right hand.

 “You’re so cute when you blush.”

 The girl smiled, cupping her face and brushing a thumb over the ear. Mina thought she was burning alive, her face so hot that she got dizzy. Tzuyu leaned forward, very boldly kissing the side of Mina’s mouth.

 “So adorable that I want to kiss you forever.”

 Being absolutely under the angel’s spell, Mina leaned in too, unknowingly capturing Tzuyu lips. Something hit her right in the heart, the pleasant warmth spread all over her body when her bag fell. She awkwardly nibbled on the lips anticipating the reaction. It followed second after. The arms laid on her hips, body pressed to her front and the sweet hot kisses that they shared were slowly killing Mina’s sanity.

 They pulled away after a while, gulping on the air and staring right in each other eyes.

 “Then, it is a date.” Tzuyu smirked and kiss her again.