Do you want me to fight for you? (NaTzu)

Tzuyu's favorite unnies.

 Nayeon sat on the sand. The air was brushing her hair and the sound of water hitting shore relaxed her mind. Though she wanted to cry really badly. She didn’t care about her dress getting dirty or wet as water started to touch her feet. The darkness hid her from all the mess in her life and she was happy to be lost here. Her perfectly made for hours make-up was a bit ruined as she let tears run down her cheeks and be lost in the white sand. She barely heard the music that played somewhere and she knew where this somewhere was, but it was the last place she wanted to be now. Nayeon hugged herself, wishing to feel at least half of those warm that she longed for. But it was still cold and she was still regretting the word she said that day.

 ***

 Tzuyu was the sweetheart – always positive and friendly with people, she wasn’t afraid to show affection and be cuddled by her unnies. But it wasn’t the same for Nayeon. Their relationships were confusing from the first day the two were introduced to each other in the drama club. The two popular girls in school met and fought for the lead role, people were assuming. But it wasn’t like this. The two of them were too polite and ready to give the role for a simple request. Nayeon wanted the new member to shine and show her skills, Tzuyu wanted the professional to take the role and prove that she still worth all the praises she got before. So, they ended up still having the audition where Nayeon was chosen. No matter what people were saying, Tzuyu never felt slight jealousy against the older girl.

 Ironically, they still met in the same group of friends, to which Tzuyu was introduced by Chaeyoung. Tzuyu became the precious younger member of their squad and they loved her dearly, even for her savage side.

 Only then Nayeon noticed how teasingly and funny the younger could be. They always were going the same road home together, Tzuyu living just a few turns from Nayeon, but their interactions there were consisting only of short replies and awkwardness. Now they spoke none stop about things.

 Their friendship was progressing in a special way. It wasn’t like with Jihyo and Jeongyeon when Tzuyu relied her life on them, or with Chaeyoung and Dahyun when she could have fun. She was even able to allow Momo and Sana to cuddle her to death when they wanted. And Mina was her favorite unnie to talk to and to go shopping with. Nayeon had everything and she enjoyed it more than anyone else.

 They finished school on the terms of best friends and that’s when Nayeon realized her feelings for the first time. It was impossible that they would go to the same university in the same country. Tzuyu’s parents were insisting on the university in the USA or the UK, where she can improve her English more and get the best diploma. The girl couldn’t say no when she was already given the welcoming letter from one of the universities in the US. They were all disappointed, but happy for her to actually get a chance.

 Nayeon still remembered the party they had to say goodbyes. At first, it was planned as the simple night out with games, movies and conversations about the future, until Jeongyeon came with alcohol and a lot of other people from their school. The house was jamming along with people and Jihyo was concerned about walls falling soon, it was her house at the end of the day.

 People were crowding space with plastic caps in hands filled with God knows what. Dahyun was entertaining the people by the stereo system as she awkwardly danced with weird moves. But it seems like everyone liked it as they cheered for more, so Nayeon decided to leave her friend to have fun. Somewhere Jihyo tried to keep her family furniture safe and her voice loudly delivered orders. Chaeyoung was already drunk and Nayeon swore if Jihyo sees it, she would go search for Jeongyeon who mixed drinks in the kitchen. Mina found herself a place at the back yard and was glued to her phone. But Nayeon aimed to find Tzuyu. She knew the girl well and was sure that she sat in one of the rooms to clean her head a little. Nayeon went upstairs, catching a glimpse of passionately kissing each other Sana and Momo.

 The younger one indeed was in Jihyo’s room, the only one with a balcony. She found her place on the fluffy floor, relaxed and unbothered by all the mess that was happening downstairs. Nayeon smiled, joining her and laying near. Even if music tried to break the way to them, it was quite nice here. Tzuyu smiled at her and closed eyes again. Nayeon felt like melting. All of her feelings were telling her to hug the girl, kiss her in tender lips, confess admiration. But Nayeon knew she couldn’t.

 “Are you ready for the next chapter of your life?” She asked, rolling on the side to watch Tzuyu.
 “I’m not sure. I really wanted to stay here with you guys.”
 “But there you can achieve so many things.”

 Tzuyu chuckled and faced Nayeon, propping head on the elbow. Her eyes stared right in Nayeon’s, making the warmth ran all over the oldest body. This was unfair that only Nayeon was dying here of embarrassment, but they had nothing to be ashamed of. They knew each other for years now and talked about so much stuff already.

 “The girls and I will be very proud of you, Tzuyu. We would support you even thousands of kilometers away.”
 “I know you would.”

 Her teasing smile filled Nayeon heart and she felt tears forming in her eyes. She didn’t want this moment to end and she didn’t want Tzuyu to go.

 “I will miss you, Tzuyu-ya.”

 She leaned closer, flopping onto the girl as her arms encircled her body. The warmth from Tzuyu was calming her, the sweet perfume would be forever plastered in her memory.

 “Do you want me to stay?”

 Certainly, Nayeon wanted. Maybe she would be able to confess one day and they would hold hands while driving to the university. Maybe they would move in together and start something more. But Nayeon knew she couldn’t be selfish. Tzuyu had a perfect opportunity to join a well-known place where she could make her dreams come true. If she was the only thing that stopped Tzuyu here, she would never forgive herself.

 “No.”

 When Tzuyu was saying goodbye in the airport, they all cried and promised to still communicate. Nayeon wetted the younger one’s shirt enough before letting her board the plane and get farther from them.

 The first month was torture. Tzuyu was busy with documents and organizing things there, so wasn’t able to call frequently. She just informed them about minor things that were happening and was getting lost for three days or so. Others took it fine, assuming that the younger was indeed busy, but Nayeon was dying inside.

 She regretted that night she said ‘no’. She wanted it to come back so she would never let go of Tzuyu and would keep her in the arms till the end of the world. Her heart was racing when their group chat was updated with a brief message about Tzuyu’s whereabouts. She missed her friend so much. Every night she wondered what would have changed if she said about her feelings that day. Would Tzuyu indeed stay and be with her?

 The first time Tzuyu actually contacted, all of them were together and waited for the video call like it was the last series of their favorite drama. The younger one told them about her first days and the news about her new life. She was very enthusiastic and happy, so even if Nayeon felt hurt, she still was delighted that her precious girl was fine. Tzuyu showed them her dormitory and introduced to her new friend – Elkie, her roommate there.

 Life was going as usual. Tzuyu would speak with each of the girls throughout week, but Nayeon knew she was special when the younger phoned her frequently or left messages. Nayeon knew every single detail of Tzuyu life in the USA. What she ate or where her class was – everything she tried to make their talks longer. She never minded the fact that it was early morning or late evening, she just wanted to make sure she made a right chose of letting Tzuyu live the perfect life.

 As the year passed and the second semester was over Nayeon waited for Tzuyu to come back, but she got disappointed about the news that Tzuyu’s family was flying to the US and they planned to have a trip there before Tzuyu would be joining archery competition. Nayeon couldn’t complain about it and just reassured herself that it was right.

 “Mom said we would stop at her friend’s house in New York.”

 Tzuyu happily explained as she video called Nayeon one evening. She studied hard the whole year and wasn’t able to even leave to the nearest town to explore the other country, so the trip through the US was the present she got from her parents. Apparently, Elkie was coming with them and Nayeon couldn’t hide her jealousy over the fact that Tzuyu found her new best friend so fast.

 “I’m happy for you. I just wished you would hang out with us too.”

 The excitement in Tzuyu’s eyes faded and her smile was gone. She stared deep in the camera as she wanted to get through it.

 “Do you want me to come back?”
 “No”

 One more year passed without Tzuyu and Nayeon found out that she couldn’t love anyone the same way she loved Tzuyu. She tried dating others – boys and girls – but they all seemed to be so boring for her. None of them could make her heart jump out of her chest. Jihyo and Momo noticed it instantly and tried to help, but everything was hopeless.

 The news of Tzuyu coming back this summer was like a dose of caffeine in her daily life. She was waiting like a patient dog, counting days and minutes. She was finally seeing her friend after two years.

 The girls were finally able to see their precious youngest in the airport. They all jumped on her, occupying every free space to hug the tall one. Tzuyu laughed, cried while exclaiming how much she missed them all. Nayeon just wanted to kidnap her, hide in the corner of her room, so no one would take her away anymore.

 Tzuyu came only for two months and everyone wanted to catch up on the missed time with her. Nayeon just couldn’t believe her luck when she was cuddling the girl every evening in her room. It was just their small world where only they mattered to each other. No teasing from girls or questionable glances from Jihyo. Tzuyu was relaxing in Nayeon’s embrace and the older one loved it.

 “How’s your love life, Tzuyu?”
 “Hm, just a few dates. It never got serious after that.”

 Nayeon was happy inside.

 “What? You like the prettiest human on the earth.”

 Tzuyu chuckled, slipping out of her hug and facing Nayeon, her eyes glowing in the twilight of the room. Her mint scent filled the whole space around them as she sat closer and took Nayeon’s hand in her own, it.

 “You know, I had a crush on you in school. I was so afraid to leave without you.”

 Nayeon heart skipped a beat. She knew Tzuyu was special for her, she knew Tzuyu wasn’t just nice and gentle with her. They had feelings for each other ever since they discovered more about another person’s life.

 “I just hopped that night you would say ‘yes’. Forbid me to go. And I swear I would have done it.”

 Nayeon couldn’t hold back. She pushed the girl on her back, topping her and pressing their lips together. Kiss that she imagined for ages, lips that she wanted to taste. It never felt so good. Tzuyu skillfully fought with Nayeon for dominance, getting distracted by the long fingers in her hair.

 “Nayeon, do you want to run away with me? We can go to the states, find a place for the two of us, work and…”

 As much as she wanted to, she knew it was impossible. She didn’t know English that well and she would only pull Tzuyu down.

 “No. Tzuyu, the past was precious. Let it be the past.”

 As Tzuyu pushed her away and disappeared behind the door, Nayeon knew she made one more mistake.

 Tzuyu left after two weeks and she never came back the next summer, just informing them about her soon to be graduation. Two more years passed and Nayeon thought she would be fine, this would heal and their fight would be forgotten. She was wrong. Her parents forced her to marry one of her childhood friends and even if JiHyun was a nice guy and she was sure he would protect her in any case, she couldn’t help but want Tzuyu on his place.

 When Tzuyu came back with her diploma and news about getting work in an American company that was located in Seoul, everyone was happy for her. She needed to leave for Seoul in two weeks, so was happy to spend time with friends.

 They all boarded one of the clubs in order to have fun. Tzuyu refused to drink as she brought her car and wasn’t really into alcohol that much. Nayeon liked the fact that the younger was still talking to her the same way it was back there. The two of them were left alone as girls went dancing.

 “So, how’s your life here?”
 “I’m great. I got accepted on the full-time day at work, so would make more money from now on.”
 “I heard you’re planning a wedding now.”

 Nayeon knew they would touch this topic someday and as long as she wanted to reassure Tzuyu she was fine, she couldn’t lie.

 “Yeah, my parents forced me to marry a childhood friend. I couldn’t say no.”
 “Is he a good person?”
 “He is. I just wished it would be someone I love like you.”

 Alcohol wasn’t helping this conversation and Nayeon was losing her mind again. They danced, laughed and it felt like nothing changed over time. She was still in love with Tzuyu and Tzuyu was still treating her like the treasure.

 She didn’t know how they happen to fall on the bed in a hotel room. Their lips were locked and clothes flew to different corners. Tzuyu’s body was burning her alive, every single scent mixing together and making her head spin. Burning kisses on her neck were leaving red marks and Nayeon didn’t care. She wanted Tzuyu and no one else in this life.

 “Do you want me to stop?”
 “No!”

 The next morning she knew it shouldn’t have happened. She had a fiancé and she couldn’t go against her parents and humiliate JiHyun by cutting the engagement. She watched Tzuyu peacefully sleeping and her tears were wetting the sheets that still smelt like their bodies. Once the girl will wake up, Nayeon would break her heart again and it will be the last time she would let this happen.

 “I loved you, Nayeon. And I still do. Nothing would change the fact that you the one for me.”

 Nayeon would be delighted to wake up to this every day, but not today. She gently rubbed the girl’s cheek, tracing down her jawline and neck that she marked all over last night.

 “I love you too. But I have a wedding in a week and I can’t…”

 Tzuyu gripped her hands, looking deep in her eyes.

 “I told it before. If you want me to let go I would. But if your feelings for me are stronger and you want to stay with me, I would do anything. I would hide you, take care of you, take you with me to the end of the world. I will never disappoint you, Nayeon. Please, love me. Say we still stand a chance.”

 Nayeon watched her with tears in her eyes. Her heart was ripping apart. She only wanted to be with this girl and no one else.

 “Nayeon, do you want me to fight for you?”
 “No.

 ***

 Now as she ran away from her own wedding, she was able to cry as loud as she could. Tzuyu said goodbye and she sent the wedding invitation back never appearing in front of Nayeon eyes anymore. Jihyo tried to support her, but even she understood how broken her friend was. The whole evening Nayeon tried to smile and look happy but it felt all wrong and in the end, she couldn’t bear the atmosphere.

 She heard the sand rustle behind her. Just a faint hope that it might be Tzuyu disappeared when she noticed the suit of her fiancé. He sat by her side, staring at the way waves were touching some rocks.

 “Such a nice night.” He sighed. “You never wanted to marry me, right?”

 Nayeon couldn’t say it out loud.

 “What are you still doing here, eh? Your place is not here. It’s somewhere else where you want to stay for the rest of your life. Nayeon, don’t miss your destiny.”

 He stood up, leaving the keys from the car that was brought for their trip on honeymoon. He was telling her it was fine. She never betrayed him, right?

 “I never packed anyway.” He grinned, receiving the tight hug.

 Nayeon never felt so stupid. She had to suffer for years, make Tzuyu suffer as well for a mere moment of realization. She drove past the street to the Chous house hoping and praying for the youngest to still be there. When she wore this white dress and gripped JiHyun’s arm, something just painfully stuck in her heart. She wanted to run – run for Tzuyu, tell her to stop, force her to stay. Now as her ex-fiancé let her escape the event she prepared to, she knew she should be selfish tonight.

 Tzuyu’s car was still parked outside which made Nayeon much calmer. She closed the car and approached to bump on the door. Tzuyu opened the door, being completely awake. The faint sound of TV was heard as Nayeon let herself jump on the girl she loved. Tzuyu stared at her in surprise. Tonight must be Nayeon wedding and the bride stood in front of her.

 “Yes. I want you to fight for me.” Nayeon cried. “Do you want me to follow you forever?”

 Tzuyu chuckled, the hair and caressing Nayeon’s back in order to calm her.

 “Yes.”

 

Next one is MiTzu.
Leave your ideas for the stories, because I have none.