Chapter 23

Maple High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Chanyeol was distressed, but still, he felt bliss for letting Jimin go. He was glad that Jimin found his soul mate and glad that he backed out his life, giving him the chance of being happy. At least someone got their happy ending.

He walks back into the campus to find Baekhyun and Sehun back from their science fair. They giggle, high-five-ing all the members of the club applauding for their good job. He stares until Baekhyun catches his gaze, dropping his smile immediately. That made him sick in his gut, as Baek walks away with Sehun, smiling as if the taller doesn’t exist.

The next few days go in a daze, everyone busy with their finals. Chanyeol gathers his courage to tell his parents about his breakup with Jimin, taking all the blame that he doesn’t feel anything for the smaller anymore. It was a hassle. His parents were so mad, going on and on about how disappointed they are. Their relationship didn’t affect their business though because they were the best ones together. His grandfather was the only one who understood him, not making a big deal out of it.

It was just another day when Chanyeol left early again. He doesn’t spend time with them anymore. Sure they were busy with the finals but Chanyeol was never one to care. He spent most of his time, locked up in his room.

Taehyung bangs onto his cousins' door one fine day but the taller refuses to open it. He asks the maid to get the key, who gets all terrified at his decision, scared of her young master. But when Taehyung promises her of her safety, she finally gets it, unlocking it for him.

“Ya..who the hell permitted you to brag into my room.?? Get out before I fire you.” he half screams, half mumbles out from under his comforters.

“And who the hell are you to fire me..??” the familiar voice makes him look up, only to find his cousin standing there, glaring at him with hands on his hips.

Taehyung sits down beside his bed, watching Chanyeol gulping down a soup sitting on his bed. When the maid takes the trey away, Taehyung finally speaks up.

“Chanyeol, I heard about it. Are you fine with it.??”

“Hmm”

“Are you fine letting him go.??”

“Hmm”

“Are you fine if he is with him..??”

“Hmm.”

“Don’t you miss him.??”

“I miss him god damn it. He has been ignoring me for so long and it hurts. It hurts a lot. I didn’t even feel this breathless when I let Jimin go. Maybe I am being too much. He is already with Sehun.”

“Wait. I was speaking about  Jimin all this time, who are you speaking about.??”

The silence that enveloped them immediately was his answer. Taehyung leans ahead, with a found smile adorning his face.

“You like him don’t you.?” Chanyeol nods his head as Tae continues

“Then why don’t you tell him.??”

“I can’t. Sehun likes him too”

“And does Baekhyun likes him back.??”

“He probably does”

“How do you know?”

“I just know.”

“Look, you don’t know if he has feelings for Sehun. Maybe he never did. It doesn’t hurt to try. You let Jimin go because he has the right to find his happiness, then so do you. You also have the right to be happy. Now don’t sit back and rot yourself with your assumptions. I want my arrogant of a cousin back.”

Tae bumps his fist onto his bicep as he leaves the room, motivating Chanyeol enough to give it a try.

It was the last exam of high school and everyone finish it off with lots of eagerness. When the exam ends, everyone bid farewell to each other, celebrating the end of their school life. Chanyeol walks around the whole place trying to find the tiny human he got found of. When he doesn’t find him anywhere, he finally recalls the place he loves. He climbs up the stairs with lots of enthusiasm but stops in his track when he finds him, but he wasn’t alone. There was Sehun, kneeling in front of him, with a red rose in his hand.

“Baekhyun, I don’t know since when, but I know that I like you a lot. I want you to be mine; I want you to be my boyfriend. Will you.??”

“Sehun..”

Chanyeol doesn’t wait for him to finish his sentence. He knows, he just knows that he is going to accept him and they are going to be a happy couple. He walks back, with his heartbroken, again. It was frustrating to watch everyone else’s dreams come true while knowing your own is slipping farther away from being a reality.

The school was officially done. The graduation ceremony was held in the morning and the farewell party in the evening. All the newly graduated students walk into Maple’s ballroom, clad in their finest outfits for the grand day. There was Champaign, great food and music. The party began with the teachers congratulating the students followed by more speeches, and finally ending with lots of music and celebrations. Everyone gets engrossed a lot, having the best time in their lives. All the couples, including Taehyung and Jungkook, Lay and Suho were dancing on the floor while Kai sat with his brother and Suga, sulking for not being with his baby. Kai knew about his twin’s relationship. The whole group knows now that Jimin found his true love and they accepted with open arms. In the end, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter