Nothing But Net

We're Getting Married?

"Byul, Byul, Byul, Byul, help!" Solar freaked out, her hands shaking feeling the tug on the fishing rod, "Byul-ah! I don't know what to do!!!" She squirmed in her seat, Moonbyul cackling, taking one last picture before running back over to help her girlfriend pull in her first fish. Wrapping her arms around Solar's she helped her reel in the surprisingly heavy line. "Keep reeling like how I showed you, ok Ddunie? I'm gonna grab the net."

Moonbyul grabbed the net from where she had her line casted and quickly ran back to the extra squirmy girl, now that the line was closer and you could see the fish actively pulling. "Ok, ok, on a count of three, I need you to pull and yank at the same time, ok?" 

Solar nodded vigorously. 

"One... Two.... THREE!" Moonbyul counted, immediately swooping the fish up into the net as Solar yanked up on the rod.

*** MCs *** 

Amber and Henry jumped out of their seats in excitement, pointing and yelling at the screen. 

Eric: THAT THING IS HUGE! BRUH DANG!

Luna: Oh my, that's INCREDIBLE!

*** 

A 17 inch in size large mouth bass, Moonbyul weighed before quickly prepping the fish so they could have a fresh-caught fish lunch. Solar was casting out the line again when she watched her girlfriend with pure adoration, lollipop in mouth, cleaning the fish. Moonbyul had this cute frown on her forehead, trying to not miss anything. Solar loved watching her woman work, she put down her rod into the holder before creeping over to Moonbyul's side, hugging her from the back and taking her lollipop, putting it into her own mouth. 

Moonbyul grinned and pulled off her gloves, she turned around and kissed the side of Solar's lips that the stick wasn't poking out from before trailing her lips down to the girl's pulse point and kissing there. Solar let out a soft breath before pushing herself off the younger girl, kissing her quickly on the lips, and going back to her fishing rod. Saying that Moonbyul was good for her was an absolute understatement. Moon Byulyi is perfect. Solar wanted nothing more than to actually marry her once this show was done; if not in Korea then in the US or any other country that allowed it.

Moonbyul was thinking the exact same. 

 

The two had reeled in three fishes total by the time it hit lunch time; Moonbyul was fanning the skewered fish fillet on the firepit grill, Solar was prepping some salad and cooking rice on the propane stove. The two wordlessly switched places, the MCs watching in pure admiration at their ability to communicate without the need for words. The two worked like clockwork. 

The skin of the fish was getting crispy, the insides chewy and perfectly cooked. Solar picked up the fillets and placed them on on the plates she had ready, picking up a cooked piece with her chopsticks, she dipped it in sauce and brought it over for Moonbyul to taste. The younger girl taking a bite immediately smiled, her indian dimples showing on her face to which Solar tippy-toed to kiss. Solar spoke up for the first time within their 20 minutes of absolute silence, "How does it taste?" 

"Mmmm When did you make this sauce Ddunie? Sooo good," Moonbyul nodded happily, her cute face made Yongsun irresistably peck her on the lips quickly before responding. 

"I actually made it the night before in a jar in our fridge, I brought it because I know how much you like it." 

Moonbyul grinned, she pressed her nose against Solar's hair and took a deep breath in, "You're so perfect, Ddunie." She spoke, love and adoration seeping from her words, "I love you."

Yongsun whispered into her ear, "I love you too my Byul-ah." 

*** MCs *** 

Eric: Not gonna lie, they're one of the cutest couple I've ever seen.

Luna: I'm still so amazed how well the worked together without speaking. If the four of us tried to make a meal without talking once with the number of times those two switched tasks, we'd burn all the food and maybe even the house (She rolled her eyes). 

Henry: Hey hey, give us some credit, we could PROBABLY make it work somehow.

Amber: As if. We'd make an entire mess, forget to clean up, maybe crash into each other a couple of times, definitely argue, and end up with burn food. 

*** 

Yongsun was sitting around the campfire, warming her hands. Byulyi sat beside her in her own camping chair, she noticed for a split second how Yongsun's arm lightly broke into goosebumps before settling down. She knew that Yongsun was naturally a lot colder than she was, standing up and disappearing into their tent with an, "I'll be right back," she reappeared with a blanket in her arm, wrapping it around Yongsun's shoulders and then slipping in beside the older girl. She stared at the fire for a minute before noticing that Yongsun was staring at her, she turned her body and smiled at her girlfriend whom then she realized was actually tearing up. Slightly freaking out, Byulyi reached up with her sleeve and wiped at Yongsun's tears, "Ddunie, Yong, what's wrong? Did I hurt you?" 

Yongsun started tearing up harder, tears now slipping down her face, "Byul-ah you're too good for me. You truly are. You're so attentive and you're just so... Perfect." 

Byulyi grinned and held Yongsun's soft cheeks in her hands, "Aww Ddunie, why are you crying then?" 

Yongsun stared up at the sky, dabbing away her tears before she looked into Byulyi's eyes and said, "I don't know. I just thought about us getting married maybe and I just..." Yongsun teared up again. 

It was like Byulyi had already known that this trip would be the right moment.  A moment in time in an authentically Yongkong, Byulkong way with no lights, no cameras, no audience, just the two of them in a peaceful, quiet forest. She slipped her hand into her pocket and pulled out a small box. At the sight of it, Yongsun's tears started to flow harder down her cheeks, she let out a light gasp, "No- no way. Byul-ah..." 

Byulyi in turn nodded and opened the box, revealing an engagement ring.