Chapter 13

It's still her

Chapter 13

 

“I’m not going to decide it for you, Jennie. This is your future, your life, I’ll support whatever you decide”

 

Jennie throws her attention out of window in her room. Her mother had give her to decide her own decision. It’s hard, ‘cause she herself doesn’t know what she wants. Marrying Lisa had never crossed her mind but she’s not used with life without Lisa.

 

Jennie stares at the full moon, lighten the dark of night. The glisten of the stars are accessories for the night sky. Sometimes, stars are there but sometimes they not. That’s what Jennie always thought about Lisa. She may be sad without Lisa but she feels that she’s not actually want to live with her in her life. To live with her until old.

 

Jennie wakes up in the morning, with a maid woken her up. No Chaeyoung, she sighs as she feels a bit missing of the blonde. Jennie walks down to have a breakfast with her mother.

 

Jennie feels eyes on her when she suiting herself on the dining chair. She knows Chaeyoung was staring at her, but she needs to avoid Chaeyoung as much as she can. She can’t be too close with Chaeyoung.

 

“Jennie, do you have schedule today?” Mrs Kim asked, clearly feels the tension between Chaeyoung and her daughter.

 

“No, why mother?”, Jennie takes a bite of her salad, while waiting for her mother’s answer.

 

“mmm, nothing, if you got nothing to do, I just feel that you should just stay at home. Don’t go out today” Mrs Kim smoothly answered but in her mind, she worries about her daughter as Chaeyoung had said to her that Jennie is Yang’s target.

 

“But mother, I’ve promised to meet Lisa at her office” Jennie said, focusing on her mother.

 

Mrs Kim puts her fork down on her cleaned plate, “Okay then”, sighed Mrs Kim, “But, please take care of yourself”

 

Jennie furrows her eyebrows, at her mother advice but still nodding to her mother. Like usual, Jennie would watch her mother at the main door, as Chaeyoung walked Mrs Kim to the car.

 

Car departed, Jennie eyeing Chaeyoung from behind, until they were staring at each other. Jennie averts her eyes, turning around to walk away.

 

“Miss Jennie!” Chaeyoung shouted, stopping Jennie from her way upstairs. “Are you avoiding me?”, Chaeyoung’s voice came out broken and soft like she scared to voice it out louder.

 

Shook her head, Jennie answering, “No…”, Jennie pauses for a moment before continuing, “Yes, I’m avoiding you” Jennie feels, there’s hopeless to hide the obvious.

 

“But, why miss, am I doing any mistake that made you mad? If yes, please tell me” Chaeyoung’s voice longing, like she’s actually begging for Jennie.

 

“No, you not doing any mistake Chaeyoung, it just me.”

 

“Then why? Please, tell me, because I can’t with you not talking to me. I would rather get scold from you than you avoiding me. I’m your worker, and I lost without my employer”, Chaeyoung’s words give a tug of disappointment to Jennie. What actually Jennie wants to hear from the blonde? Jennie doesn’t even know herself.

 

“Stop Chaeyoung, don’t talk. I need time, can you please understand! If I don’t want to talk with you, it’s my decision, you don’t have a place to tell me what to do!” Jennie lost her temper. Both of them shocked at the sudden outburst.

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes widen, she steps back to regain herself. She nods, “I’m sorry miss, I should know my place”, Chaeyoung bows, before walking away leaving Jennie alone.

 

Jennie wipes her face while groaning, “Why she affected me so much”

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung stares at the swimming pool, her mind rewinding to a scene where she and Jennie soaking in the water.

 

She doesn’t know what time is it now, she doesn’t aware of time at all. She had stay here starting from she walked away from Jennie this morning. Now, it’s evening already, Jennie must be out to meet with Lisa.

 

“Chaeyoung” Chaeyoung lift her head at the voice, seeing Allen standing beside her. Chaeyoung looks back at the water, “Allen, what should I do now?”

 

Allen suits herself beside Chaeyoung, “It’s not my place to say but I think you should just give her time. She’s not going anywhere Chaeyoung. But based on my observe, Jennie never scold people like that, there must be something bothering her. It must have to do with you.”

 

Chaeyoung nods, letting out a sigh, “Maybe I just need to give her some space. Allen, did Jennie told you about anything with getting marriage?”

 

Allen giggles at the curious Chaeyoung, “Why do you want to know?”

 

Chaeyoung pouts, mumbling under her breath, “I just want to know…”

 

Allen smiles, knowing better that Chaeyoung must be afraid right now. Afraid to lose her sweetheart, “You’re such a kid you know. For your question, she’d mention it but it’s not personally to me. I heard her conversation with Mrs Kim. Jennie asked for Mrs Kim decision but Mrs Kim gave her almighty to choose her own decision.”

 

Chaeyoung sighs in relief, she leans on her arms behind, “I can’t live without her Allen”

 

Allen pities toward the blonde, she puts her hand on Chaeyoung’s shoulder, “Then, tell her, show her how much you like her, how much you love her. You don’t need to reveal who you are, just tell her.”

 

Chaeyoung gives Allen a look, “how about Lisa then? she’s her girlfriend”

 

Allen shook her head at Chaeyoung, “If Jennie loves Lisa, then you should let her go, but what if she wants you? Then, you guys can be together”

 

Chaeyoung nods but frown forming on her face, “But Lisa had proposed her, I think Jennie must like her”

 

“But Jennie hasn’t give any answer yet Chaeyoung. So, she must be in dilemma, maybe she realised that Lisa is not someone she wanted to be with. The choice is in your hand Chaeyoung, take it or leave it. I mean, you just show your love, you don’t force her.”

 

Chaeyoung smiles at Allen advice, maybe she should do that. Showing Jennie her love.

 

Allen pulls away her hand, when there a car engine turned off close to the yard. “Miss Jennie, must back from Lisa’s office”

 

Chaeyoung stands up fast, “I will go welcome her, you do your other tasks.”

 

Allen nods, as Chaeyoung walks fast to the main door, opening it before Jennie. They meet at the door, blinking at the unexpected view.

 

“Welcome, miss Jennie”, Jennie observes Chaeyoung up and down, ‘cause Chaeyoung was catching her breath like she just finished working out.

 

“mmm,” Jennie hummed, make her way to the lift inside the living room. Chaeyoung followed behind like a puppy.

 

Jennie enters the lift but Chaeyoung just wait outside, raised eyebrow, Jennie asking “Aren’t you get in?”

 

Chaeyoung smiles genuinely, and Jennie gawks at that. Chaeyoung’s smile might be her favourite now. “I’ll get in if you want me to”

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Come in, I want you to”

 

Chaeyoung nods, then enter the elevator. “Thank you, miss”

 

The elevator closed, Jennie crossed her arms on her chest, “For what?” asked her, her eyes focused ahead.

 

“For want me to be in this elevator with you” Chaeyoung smiles when Jennie technically looking at her direction.

 

“Butler Park”

 

“Yes”

 

“Are you high?”

 

Chaeyoung fixes , embarrassed, “No, it is how am I”

 

Jennie stares at Chaeyoung sceptically, “No, you’re not and you being weird right now. Stop it, I don’t like it”

 

Chaeyoung bows curtly, her face turned serious, “Okay, I won’t do it again”

 

Jennie glances at Chaeyoung’s tight face, she sighs at that, “Not that”

 

Chaeyoung confusingly looking at Jennie. Jennie glances at Chaeyoung again, and uttering “I want you to… smile. Don’t stop smile” Jennie words came out small at last words. A rush of heat radiated on her face.

 

Chaeyoung blinked at the words, after she got the meaning, her smile automatically formed brightly on her face. Jennie walks out from the elevator after a ding, leaving Chaeyoung trailing behind.

 

“Miss” Chaeyoung starts as she caught up beside Jennie.

 

“mmm”

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Chaeyoung asked seems enthusiastic about it.

 

“As a what?”

 

“What… what?” Chaeyoung looks at Jennie questioningly.

 

“As a friend or as a butler?”

 

Chaeyoung smiles, while Jennie hides her smile in her mind. ‘So, Jennie still consider me as her friend’, thought Chaeyoung.

 

“As a friend”, Chaeyoung’s voice heard soft and warm.

 

“Go on”, Jennie smiles to herself, feeling giddy in her stomach.

 

Chaeyoung fixes , readying herself to throw the question that she’d been dying to ask. “Did you accept the proposal? From Lisa, did you accept it?”

 

Silence, smiles faded. Both faces turned serious, one with a worried face and another one with unreadable face. They reached, Jennie’s room. Jennie holds her door knob. Looking at Chaeyoung after,

 

5

 

4

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

“…No”

 

Smiles beaming back on both. The smile on Chaeyoung’s face, made Jennie feels that she’s doing a right decision.

 

“I’ll go in first”

 

“Okay, Miss Jennie”

 

“It’s Jennie. When we’re alone, it’s Jennie.”

 

“Okay. Please don’t avoid me again” Chaeyoung sad remember the scene this morning.

 

Jennie shook her head, “I’m not going to avoid you again.” Jennie smiles to Chaeyoung, and she feels a tug of happiness on her chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung’s stares at her room’s ceiling, cannot sleep as her mind flooded with Jennie. She tosses to her right side, pushing in her hands under her pillow.

 

A thin and smooth surface material touched her hands under the pillow. Chaeyoung frowns, not remembering tucked in anything under her pillow. She sits up, and pulls the thing out. A folded paper come out into view.

 

Chaeyoung unfolds the paper, finding a writing contain scribbled on the paper.

 

To Chaeyoung,

 

I’m sorry for scolding you this morning, I don’t want to avoid you either. But, I just can’t, please give me some time. I would come around, I mean we’re literally stuck to each other. So, mmm, have a nice day…

 

Jennie Kim

 

 

Chaeyoung smiles at the contain, “Jennie, you’re so adorable”, Chaeyoung lays down with the paper on her chest, drifting into deep sleep.

 

 

Oh my god! Did you guys watch it? The video where Jennie said “YES” to do Chaennie vlive. I cried in happiness, hope that this time they really will do it. This vlive would be my video mantra, replaying it again and again.

Anyway, thanks for read – Chaeng1102