Chapter 9

It's still her

Chapter 9

 

Amnesia…

Did it change one’s life? Did it change one’s behaviour? Did it change one’s fate? Did it change one’s future?

We didn’t know, until it came to us.

 

 

The night with storm, thunder accompany with heavy rain, attacked a big mansion. A big mansion surrounding with a beautiful green wide yard. There no other house around the mansion. A singer living in the mansion, the daughter of the great business woman in worldwide for fashion Mrs Kim, that known as Kim Jennie.

Mrs Kim has a lot of maids, and the head of maid known as Allen. Allen has been working under Mrs Kim for about 10 years after her mother retired. It’s been long but not that long to know that there was a person that Mrs Kim has lost for dear of her life. Mrs Kim husband.

Mrs Kim husband was an artist, he’s genius. Her husband was a patience and keeper person opposite with Mrs Kim. Mrs Kim is strong and outspoken person. Long time ago, her husband died because of an accident, accident that cannot be forgiving by Mrs Kim. Her husband died to save a child from getting killed but instead he was hitting by the car. Mrs Kim mad. Mad that her husband left her so soon, mad at God because taking him to soon, mad at herself because didn’t spend more time to her husband and… mad at the child, blame the child ‘it was her fault’ but it just for a cover up. Deep in her heart, she felt guilt, guilt because she didn’t spend more time with her husband. Didn’t become a good wife to him.

Mrs Kim knows, the child was important to her husband. When she was not home, her husband would spend his time with the child, taught the child how to draw. They really click each other. The child really likes her husband also. From her husband also, the child know with Mrs Kim daughter, Kim Jennie.

Kim Jennie inherited Mrs Kim traits more than her husband. Kim Jennie into fashion and a strong and outspoken person. Kim Jennie is kind of rude at the first glance but she’s actually nice. However, Kim Jennie never show her rude side toward the child, she loves the child. But now, she’s change, she’s back to her old self. The Kim Jennie.

 

 

Allen stay up late night, she wanted to check all the furniture in the mansion is on place, checking other maids did their job. Allen switch offs the lights in living room and kitchen. Allen goes to take a peek in third floor however it was not a peek as she sees a deem light coming from Chaeyoung’s room.

“Chaeyoung hasn’t sleep yet?” The door opens after Allen knocked on it, revealing the tall blonde standing in the frame of the door. Allen sees the difference on the blonde, red nose and pale face and with a blanket wrapped around her tall body. Allen was about to ask right then Chaeyoung sneezing.

Allen shakes her head, she must be caught a cold from swam in the pool today. She’d told toward Chaeyoung to take a hot bath right aftermath, “You must not listen to what I said don’t you? You’re not taking the bath right?” Allen narrows her eyes toward the blonde.

The blonde nods as an answer instead a sneeze leaving . Chaeyoung pulls her blanket tighter around her body. Allen shakes her head again, a thought coming her

“Why are u still up?” Allen asked, her head jolt up to see behind Chaeyoung. There’s a painting board standing in the middle of the room. A bench in front of it with painting tools scattered all around it. Chaeyoung hold up her body forbid Allen seeing through in her room.

“I-I paint a bit, I can’t sleep” Chaeyoung bits her lips out of nervous. It was her habit biting her lips when nervous. She’s not meant to lie to Allen but she won’t let anyone know about the painting. She’s embarrassed.

“I never see you paint before? So, you paint?” Allen asks with admiration heard in her tone. Allen may look young but she’s in thirty something and has a mother kind aura. Chaeyoung likes it, likes the scent of Allen when she first time welcomed to this mansion, she and Allen were click in instant. It took only few days for them to be friends. Like a close friend. Allen is a good hear, she’s a good listener for Chaeyoung to share her words.

“Yes, I paint— but only in consequences” Chaeyoung answers sincerely. Today something happened, that Chaeyoung can’t help but to take the memory out in her painting instantly. She didn’t bother to take a bath because she was endeavouring to paint her light. Her light, her ex-lover ‘Did they ever a lover?’ or whatever to call them, it was Jennie smile. She’s not going to forget that moment, she wants to save it. To see it again is high hope for Chaeyoung.

Allen sees Chaeyoung shyly smile, in her world. Allen let out a smile but frown when she sees Chaeyoung shivering. Allen moves forward turn around to extends her arm around Chaeyoung’s shoulder. “You need a thicker blanket. Wait here I—” Allen speak was cut off when she heard a door open in front of them.

“You guys really noisy, I can’t sleep” A brunette stand at the door, her right hand holding the knob while other hand pushes her hair backward, Miss Jennie grumps in her breath. Miss Jennie glances toward them. “What the hell you guys doing in middle of night in front door?! Can’t you think that I want to sleep?! Why can’t you guys just talk inside?!” Jennie fumes at them. “Or maybe just get out from this house to talk” Jennie snorts at the end.

Allen and Chaeyoung bow at Jennie curtly out of respect but Allen’s arm never let go of Chaeyoung’s shoulder. “We ask for an apologize Miss Jennie, actually Chaeyoung here…” Allen glances toward Chaeyoung before focusing again toward Jennie, who’s realise the way Allen calling her butler, ‘Chaeyoung?! They in first base name huh?’. “…caught a cold, so I want to get—”

Jennie lifts her left palm toward them, with boring face revealed on her face, “I.Don’t.Care” Jennie shoos Allen by her hand. Allen takes the clue, she looks at Chaeyoung who has a tired face with her body still shivering “I’ll take the blanket—”

“No, you won’t.” Jennie cuts her off.

“B-but Miss—”

“I said no, means NO” Jennie lifts her palm once again. Allen heaves a sigh before slowly take off her arm from Chaeyoung. She glances sadly toward Chaeyoung, she bows toward Jennie. “I’m sorry again for disturbing you, Miss Jennie. I promise, it won’t happen again” Allen sincerely apologize and Jennie is not that evil to not forgive the innocent soul.

Jennie just humming as an answer. She doesn’t even bother to look at Allen bowing in front her. Chaeyoung hates it, hates the way Jennie being right now but she also can’t do anything, Jennie is her employer, she can force Jennie to do her duty but Chaeyoung also has a duty and that’s obeying Jennie words. In fact, they were wrong at the first place, making noise at the night. It must be annoyed Jennie so much.

Allen walks away leaving two souls in opposite door, facing each other. Chaeyoung is shivering in cold but looking at Jennie cold eyes made her two times shivering. Chaeyoung coughs, she didn’t know it was because of the cold or because of the brunette in front her right now. Jennie checks her up and down before let out a snort. “Stupid, how will you take care of me when you can’t even care of yourself”, with that words Jennie walks in her room, shut her door close with a bang. Chaeyoung flinches at the sound. Chaeyoung sighs before also shut her door, ready to sleep even she know it hard with the only thin blanket over hers. It doesn’t help with her coughs and sneezes.

 

 

 

 

 

Shockingly, Chaeyoung sleeps comfortably last night without waking up even once. Chaeyoung feels warms all around her body. She feels hot warm air and light on her face, slowly she opens both of her eyes, adjusting to the sun rays coming through the window. She must forget to close it up last night, she thought. Chaeyoung raises her upper body slowly, she’s feeling a bit dizzy but nothing more. Chaeyoung feels fresh in the morning. Unexpectedly, she thought she will feel grumpy or out of energy this morning but otherwise happen. Chaeyoung shrugs, before glances toward her body.

“Where is this blanket came?” Chaeyoung found a thick comforter over her body. She clutches the comforter, tossing it off her body. ‘No wonder, I sleep in warm last night’, Chaeyoung smiles, “Allen must sneak in last night to put this on my body”, Chaeyoung snuggles on the comforter, a vanilla-lavender scent attacked her nostrils. The scent sends a warm feeling all over Chaeyoung’s. The warm, love and passion can be feel, and…

 

….wild.

wild

Chaeyoung eyes shot open, Chaeyoung moves her head away from the comforter. Still holding the comforter, she stares at it. How?, Why?, She can’t believe it, it must a mistake. But the smell, she couldn’t be mistaken with it.

“T-This is….

 

 

…. Jennie bed scent.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung pours tea into Jennie glass professionally, she bows. Jennie makes a face seeing the bow, no matter how many times she told her butler to never bowing at her again, she’s never heard it. Jennie shakes her head merely. Jennie dives for her breakfast. Jennie and Mrs Kim eat together like always every morning. They eat quietly, with maids line up around them. Chaeyoung stood beside Jennie like a responsible butler.

Usually, Chaeyoung will look at surrounding or throw her eyes focus outside at the yard while waiting for her employer breakfast done but not today. This morning, her eyes glued at Jennie. Watching from their position made Chaeyoung watching Jennie hair more than her face. Chaeyoung still can’t believe that Jennie was the one who put the comforter. She had asked Allen, and to her surprise, it’s not Allen. Allen also shocked but she just keeps throwing a weird smile toward Chaeyoung afterward.

Chaeyoung sighs for nth times. She shakes her head, waking her up from her thought. Chaeyoung stay beside Jennie until the breakfast time end.

“Jennie, remember what I told you, if you want to be a singer again, you need to start practising from now before I change my mind. Actually, this happened twice in my life. You were asked a same thing before, I never fond with it.”

Mrs Kim walks away through main door, everyone in the mansion bows including Jennie. Chaeyoung knows that Mrs Kim wants Jennie to inheritance her career as a business woman in fashion but Jennie wanted to be a singer, even now, Jennie wanted to be a singer. Even though Jennie is living again, it was never change, her behaviour, her interest, her style but there just a thing….

The way she treated Rose is difference than the way she treats Chaeyoung.

What were gone wrong?

Chaeyoung is Rose, they’re the same person but the situation is different. Jennie loved Rose but did Jennie love Chaeyoung?

It’s more complicated when Jennie has a girlfriend now, Lisa. Knowing Jennie, she will never dare to hurt Lisa.

Would Jennie develops feeling toward Lisa like the way Lisa wanted to?

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung has been asked by Mrs Kim to keep eyes to Jennie. Today, Jennie will go to learn about music again by a music teacher in YG Entertainment. Lisa had said that she wanted to fetch Jennie go and back from YG Ent. But Mrs Kim still ordered Chaeyoung to accompanying Jennie even Jennie begging for not having her as an accompany. Seeing Jennie plead hurting Chaeyoung. Why? First, because she knows Jennie never wants to be with her. Second, Jennie would prefer to be alone with Lisa. But the beg is blowing like a dust. Thus, here they are inside Lisa car in their way to YG Ent. With Lisa driving, Jennie on the passenger seat Chaeyoung sat at the back behind Jennie seat in silence while hearing the conversation between two figures in front.

“I really looking forward for you to achieve your dream again Jennie-Unnie.” Lisa starts the conversation while extends her right hand, to join her hand with Jennie’s. Chaeyoung sighs at the sight. Chaeyoung throws her focus outside through the car window. She sees the blue sky and sun lighten the city. The sun still at the place even they were speeding up, Chaeyoung fascinates at the sight. It was not that Chaeyoung never realise it, but Chaeyoung always felt fascinating over it. It feels like it was the first time she witnessed it. Chaeyoung likes sky, the sky always in her colour when there is a sun, when the sun is gone, the sky will turn dark and black. Sky needs sun to shine. Chaeyoung smiles at the thought.

‘And I need Jennie to feel alive’

“Do you like watching sky?” Lisa voice waken up Chaeyoung from her world, she thought it was refence for her but witnessing Lisa glances toward Jennie, she knows it not her. Fool her, when there three of them, she’ll always invisible to them, now. The fact that you’re not even invisible is more hurting. It’s like putting salt onto the scar.

“No, I don’t, I just… I just watch it, no reason” Jennie glances toward Chaeyoung from side window of the car. She looks at sky actually because Chaeyoung was focusing at it. She just wanted to see what her butler was seeing. She doesn’t know why but she just did it. Jennie always…always curious about what was Chaeyoung thinking, what was she focusing, what was she doing. Jennie always find she was in deep thought, she was in deep thought about her butler. Why? Because Jennie can’t read her, can’t read what Chaeyoung feel.

She can’t tell if Chaeyoung feel left out right now, if she ever felt left out with three of them. Jennie doesn’t know because Chaeyoung didn’t show it. Jennie doesn’t know why but she hates it, she hates that she can’t feel Chaeyoung. The thought of Chaeyoung is starting when Chaeyoung made her tea, and the thought of her butler is bugging her, bugging her and bugging her. That’s why she asked for not bringing along Chaeyoung with her. She wanted to be free… ease her mind.

They reached at YG Ent. at last, Chaeyoung rushes out from the car, she wants to open the door for Jennie as a good butler, her reason outside, but actually she always wanted to do it but right now she doesn’t have to. Doesn’t have to be a good butler because Lisa is taking over but not as a butler but as Jennie’s girlfriend. Lisa opens the door before her, with a hand cover Jennie head, a gesture to avoid Jennie’s head bumping on the edge of car frame.

Jennie smiles toward Lisa, thanking her for open up the door. Lisa reciprocates the gesture. Chaeyoung can’t help but smile, seeing Jennie smile made her because Jennie smile is infectious, always.

Chaeyoung looks up at the tall building, with two big letters on it YG. Chaeyoung is nervous because it has been long she’s not welcoming here. Chaeyoung had leave her career for good, she doesn’t want to be a singer anymore not anymore when there is no reason behind it. Why should her? Blackpink is disbanded because of her, her selfish to leave Jennie. Far away from Jennie, she thought it would make it right but the otherwise happened.

“What are u waiting for, Butler? Are u not coming in?” Jennie stares at her with boring face. Jennie raises her eyebrow, when Chaeyoung dumbly looking at her, “well, stay there if you want, I don’t even care”

Chaeyoung shakes her head merely, Jennie’s not going to be soft toward her ever, maybe. Chaeyoung runs toward Jennie, walking together to meet with the teacher.

In their way, lots of trainee even idols looking at them. Chaeyoung might be forgotten in worldwide but not in YG Entertainment, she still known as a legend. Chaeyoung or more correctly Rose had a lot of haters but she had a lot of admirers in YG Entertainment. Lot of trainees idolize her, they said her voice is unique and amazing.

“Is that Jennie and Rose”

“Wow, I don’t even think that Rose would showing up again after she left all about music behind her”

“Rose never change still as three years ago”

“I heard that Jennie hits by amnesia, poor her I hope she will get better”

“I hope so”

Lots of murmur hearing around them. Chaeyoung just keep walking trailing behind Jennie, she afraid Jennie would realise that they were taking about her. Jennie has been comfortable with people attention toward her but she doesn’t know who’s Rose.

Chaeyoung keep following Jennie but she stops when Jennie walks looks sloppy and unstable. Jennie’s trembling, Chaeyoung rushes forward Jennie, holding Jennie around her shoulder. Jennie stumbling in Chaeyoung arms, “Jennie!”

Jennie feels dizzy, her head hurts, voices heard in her mind.

“There’s a lot people here”

“Unnie! I want to eat mango! Look there are mangoes!”

“Argh, came on Rose! I want to play game!”

“Rose!”

“It’s so difficult to have a date with famous person”

 

Jennie holds her head in pain, ‘that memory, what was that? Who’s Rose?’ Jennie crumbling down still holding her head.

‘Who’s Rose?’

‘Did I cheat on Lisa?’

 

“Jennie!” A voice waking her up from the voice, her head had less in pain. Jennie looks toward the source, her butler, Park Chaeyoung with a panic face, holding her dearly on her chest. They’ve sitting on the floor. Chaeyoung keep mumbling while holding her tighter, Jennie feels warm. Chaeyoung hug warming her, the pain in her head go away, it was washing up with warms. Without her realise, Jennie moves into Chaeyoung embrace, not leaving any space between them. Jennie has completely on Chaeyoung laps, her face on Chaeyoung chest. Jennie put her arms around Chaeyoung slim waist.

Chaeyoung stops her mumbling when she felt the movement. She glances downward at the source, Jennie’s completely stick on her. Chaeyoung puts her arms over Jennie’s softly, “Miss?”

Jennie nods, “You’re noisy, butler”, hearing Jennie weak voice, Chaeyoung heaves a relief sigh. It really took her by shock. Chaeyoung wants to pull away but Jennie shakes her head, “Please, let stay like this, for a while” Chaeyoung feels tingles in her heart, her heart beating fast, she bet that Jennie can hear it. Jennie hears Chaeyoung heart beat fasten, Jennie smiles. She can feels Chaeyoung.

She hugs Chaeyoung tighter, she turns her head letting her right cheek on Chaeyoung chest, “Thank you, Chaeyoung”

Chaeyoung

It was a first time, a first time Jennie called her by her name. Chaeyoung eyes widen, she can’t believe what was she heard just now, her stomach filling with wild butterflies, tickle her stomach walls. Chaeyoung feels it again, she thought that she would never feel it again, but she feels it again. The butterflies in her stomach. Chaeyoung closes her eyes, hugging Jennie tighter. “For a while”