chapter 10

It's still her

Chapter 10

Summer season replaced the Spring, it’s been a month Jennie diagnosed with amnesia. A lot has happened, Jennie had been back in singer industry again. Jennie had been improved a lot, but every night Jennie had a bad dream. Begging in her dream. Out of it Jennie had a check up per month with her private doc.

Jennie attitude is not changing but she had been less y than before, she treats Chaeyoung nicer and Chaeyoung can’t be happier. An image of Jennie extended her right hand to Chaeyoung is unbelievable. It happened nonetheless, being Jennie friend is out of words. However, they were butler-master related, so Chaeyoung would called they were a consequence.

“Butler” The voice snapped Chaeyoung from her thought. Chaeyoung looks at Jennie who’s facing a mirror, wearing an earring. Their images reflected in the mirror.

“Yes miss?” Chaeyoung stood formally behind Jennie.

“What were you thinking about? you look in trouble” Jennie finished wearing both earrings, fixing her black dress. Chaeyoung in awe looking at Jennie now, ‘she’s stunning’.

Jennie turns toward Chaeyoung out of receiving a silence answer. “Hello, are u there?”, Jennie waves her hand in front Chaeyoung face.

“Y-yes I’m here,” Chaeyoung let out a breath, “It was nothing, I just things, nothing important” Chaeyoung looks at Jennie.

Jennie narrowed her eyes, looking at Chaeyoung from head to toe, “If u say so…” Jennie shrugs, turning away from Chaeyoung. “Anyway, how was I look?”

Chaeyoung observes Jennie from the mirror, gawking at the view. Then, she sees Jennie raising her eyebrow, right then Chaeyoung cough in embarrass. “It’s perfect miss” Chaeyoung gives an answer roughly.

Jennie nods at her image, “It’s okay then, Lisa would like it alright, right?”

Sadness clouded her face, she has forgot that today is Lisa and Jennie first date. Absolutely, Jennie was preparing to please Lisa. Chaeyoung checking Jennie from top to bottom, black dress wrapped around her body perfectly. “She is…” Chaeyoung trailed in her words, facing away from Jennie reflection, “…absolutely like it.” Chaeyoung retreats her way to fitting door room, “I’ll wait you outside”

Chaeyoung walks out from the room, didn’t let Jennie uttering any words. Jennie dumbfounded in the room. Jennie shook her head, she glanced toward her image for last then she walks out.

Chaeyoung found Lisa in the yard, she greeted Lisa, welcoming her as a worker in the mansion. “Miss is upstairs, she will be here soon”

Lisa nods, she glanced toward Chaeyoung, “Anyway, actually I’d always wondering about something”

Chaeyoung blinked, “What is it?”

Lisa faced Chaeyoung, her eyes burned with each other, “Did you have feeling toward Jennie before?”

It took Chaeyoung by surprise, “Why do you ask?”, the question replied by question.

Lisa put poker-faced, “Just because, but actually it doesn’t matter anymore now, she’s my girlfriend, and I don’t want to let the chance away, not again”

Chaeyoung expression hardened, she clutches her hand into fist. Seeing silence Chaeyoung, Lisa continuing, “Whatever happened between you guys before was gone. I hope u remember it, I’m not going to be nice again Chaeyoung. I may lose to Rose but not to Chaeyoung”

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth, “What do you mean?”

Lisa smirked, “I mean what I said, you know what Chaeyoung, I may be regretting the accident happened to Jennie because of I’m worried about you but I think being nice is not that bad”

Chaeyoung blinked in confuse, “What is it again?”

Lisa shook her head, “Nothing, you don’t need to understand, remember this Chaeyoung, because of you this happened, so please think about it. You’re dangerous to Jennie”

Chaeyoung face contorted, considering Lisa words. Then, the talk stopped when Jennie came into view. Lisa greeted Jennie like a gentlewoman, while Chaeyoung faced down all the time. She felt ashamed to look at Jennie. What she knows now, she can’t face Jennie now.

This time, Chaeyoung is not there between Jennie and Lisa. Today Chaeyoung wouldn’t witnessing any flirty moments between them. Chaeyoung should feel a bit relief but no, she felt the otherwise. She preferred to be with Jennie than away from her. At least she knew what happened but now, nothing.

It doesn’t help with Lisa words hours ago, she can’t help but to feel ashamed and guilty.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung stood beside the brunette on the silver queen bed. Jennie had lays on the bed as soon as they back from hospital. Jennie had a check up. Chaeyoung stares at Jennie sleeping face. Jennie sleeps on left side, her hands crossed beside her head. Jennie looks like a baby when she’s sleep.

“Look at her like this, all her stoic face gone.”, Chaeyoung bending down, swipes Jennie’s hair back, slip it under her ear, showing her uncover face. Chaeyoung smiles, “After all happened, I kind of miss you Jennie-Unnie…”

Jennie-Unnie

Sad smile replaces on Chaeyoung face, “But, I don’t know if I want you to get your memories back or not. Part of me doesn’t want you remember but another part wants you to remember.” Chaeyoung caressing Jennie soft cheek just to let it go.

Chaeyoung straighten her back, she looks at Jennie before she walks away.

“D-Don’t leave…” a weak voice heard before her. Chaeyoung hasted on Jennie’s bedroom floor. Her right hand is clutched by a soft hand, the hold is weak, if Chaeyoung want to, she can easily snatch her hand away. Chaeyoung turns her head behind, seeing closed eyes Jennie.

“Please…don’t”, Jennie looked so fragile, pleading in her dream. At the end, Chaeyoung replies the hold, tighten their joined hands. Chaeyoung steps closer to the bed bank. Squatted down, Chaeyoung puts their hands on the bed, she kisses Jennie hand softly. Her eyes staring sadly at Jennie.

“D-Don’t leave me…” Jennie troubled face, worried Chaeyoung. Sweats appeared on Jennie’s forehead. Jennie having a nightmare. “please…Rose”

Chaeyoung shocked, recognition dawned on her face. Her whole trembling, Chaeyoung holds Jennie’s hand tighter. Her eyes watering, right then Chaeyoung made up her mind. She doesn’t want Jennie to remember that pain memories, don’t want Jennie to feel hurt again.

Chaeyoung caresses Jennie’s head, she jolting up her head. She kisses Jennie’s head, her lips linger at the spot. Her tears rolling down from her eyes, “Forget me, Jennie-Unnie, forget Rose”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie has been busying prepare for her comeback. Every day Chaeyoung accompanied her with Lisa, to support Jennie and Jennie never complained. Chaeyoung actually felt tired to witness Lisa and Jennie moments being lovey dovey. But she felt need to support Jennie in her new song. This is Jennie first time singing again after the accident, so Chaeyoung should be by her side. Chaeyoung stayed up at night, accompany Jennie practise.

She would sleep just after Jennie slept. She has been in her role lately but in different situation, back then she accompanied Jennie as a fiend-love but now as a butler.

After practise, Jennie and Lisa would go on date but instead of at cozy restaurant, they’re at fun fair this time. Recently, Jennie had been whining toward Lisa to go to fun fair for their date. And Chaeyoung could only be a witness.

When they arrived, first thing Jennie asked for is mangoes. It was a Déjà vu.

“Lisa, buy me mangoes” Jennie points at mango stall.

“Okay, just get it as how much as you want” Lisa winks at Jennie. Their laughter echoed in Chaeyoung eardrums. Chaeyoung grimaces, staring at Lisa and Jennie joined hands.

While Lisa and Jennie in their world, Chaeyoung sneaks away to get some air. Chaeyoung wondering the place with her hands in her jacket pockets. As she wondering, she sees a couple playing dart throw. The guy success getting a cute pink bear to his girlfriend. Chaeyoung smiles at the couple.

Chaeyoung walks away, she ended up on a tall building. She can see the ferris wheel clearly from there. Chaeyoung checks her phone, no messages and no calls.

“Look like they really enjoy their date”, Chaeyoung slips in her phone. She puts her forearms on the trail there. Chaeyoung takes a long breath, looking around from eagle view is nice. The view is breathtaking. However, she found that her eyes would linger at the ferris wheel.

She remembers her date with Jennie. How ironic is this, she didn’t think that they would be here again but the situation is different. They’re not in date but she became a third wheel. How sad is that?

As Chaeyoung in deep thought, a hand rested on her shoulder. She snaps at the culprit, there she seeing Jennie catching her breath, her body bended a bit. She must be running here.

“Miss? What are u doing here?” Chaeyoung asked in confuse.

“Silly, that’s what I should ask you. What are u doing here?” Jennie calmed herself, straighten her body, she crosses her arms on her chest.

Chaeyoung bowed, “I’m just have some air, but why are u not with your date, miss? Lisa must be worried about you. You can’t be here, I hope nothing happened between you two. Miss—”

Jennie puts her finger on Chaeyoung lips, shocked Chaeyoung, “You’re mumbling”, their eyes met. Brown eyes met coffee eyes. They freeze on the position, neither of them wanted to break away. At last, Chaeyoung averts her eyes first, Jennie fixes . Pulling away her hand from Chaeyoung lips.

Both of them in silence, no words come out from both of them. ‘This is awkward’, Chaeyoung palms sweating. Their eyes not meeting each other.

“Chaeyoung”, heard her name, her heart skips a beat. Trembling lips still could utter, “W-What miss?”

“Look at me”, Chaeyoung didn’t. Jennie sighs, ended up Jennie pulled Chaeyoung face, by placing her both hands on Cheyoung cheeks. Their eyes meeting again, Jennie eyes soften looking at Chaeyoung’s wavering eyes.

“I’m worried at you, don’t leave like that again” Jennie stares softly at Chaeyoung eyes. Now she realised, she really adores Chaeyoung brown eyes. There’s nothing special about the colour but Jennie still likes it. Sometime, Jennie couldn’t understand herself.

Jennie averts her eyes down, she felt fragile under Chaeyoung stare. “don’t leave me again”, Chaeyoung soften at the words. Chaeyoung blinked “Why? You have Lisa now” , she really wanted to ask it but she hold it instead she replies with “Okay” like a butler.

Jennie turns toward the rail, she puts her both arms on it. She closed her eyes, Chaeyoung copies Jennie position, suited herself beside Jennie.

“It’s nice here” Jennie breath in, taking some air, her statement replied by a hum from Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung felt her hand wrapped with another hand, she glanced toward her hand on the rail. Jennie pulls their joined hands to their side.

Jennie stares at their joined hands, “It’s different” She answered quietly but still Chaeyoung heard it.

“Different?” Chaeyoung eyebrows knitted.

Jennie sighs, “It’s different, you and Lisa.” Jennie admits. Jennie averts her eyes, looking blankly at anything there except the blonde in front her. Chaeyoung observed Jennie troubled face, then their eyes meet, “It was always different, when I’m with Lisa, I felt everything but warm, but when I’m with you,..” Jennie eyes darted, “I felt nothing but warm”

Chaeyoung stares at Jennie, Chaeyoung eyelids drooped. She waited for this but everything must be a mistake. She must take it in wrong way. “It must because you don’t know her, if you know her enough, I think you would feel safe with her. She’s your girlfriend”, she found her strength to utter the words overcame her beating heart.

Jennie looks at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung can’t predict the stare, Jennie seems to search something on her face. “What are u thinking about, Miss?”

Jennie shakes head, “nothing, I just think…” her words trailed, “maybe you’re right”, Jennie stares down at their joined hands. Chaeyoung had been squeezed her hand.

“I’m sorry” Chaeyoung takes away her hand. Instantly, they both miss the warmness.

“Chaeyoung”, Jennie searches for Chaeyoung eyes, which Chaeyoung reciprocated.

“W-What Miss?” Chaeyoung still felt giddy through her body hearing Jennie called her name.

“Hug me” Chaeyoung eyes shot open, disbelieve at what she heard. “Please…” Jennie pleaded and it success pulling Chaeyoung to hug her.

Chaeyoung step forwards at Jennie, stood 5 cm taller than Jennie. She put her arms around Jennie shoulders, pulling Jennie on her chest. Warmness overcome their joined bodies. Jennie reciprocates the gesture, putting her arms around Chaeyoung’s slim waist. Jennie pushes her body forward, leaving no space between them.

Jennie smiles on Chaeyoung chest, she feels it, she feels Chaeyoung again. She heard Chaeyoung’s heart beating fast. Jennie changes her head position, putting her right cheek on Chaeyoung chest. In way to hear Chaeyoung’s beating heart more.

With their position, Chaeyoung can’t restrain herself to not kissing Jennie’s head. Thus, she let herself kissing Jennie’s head. She smells Jennie hair, vanilla-coconut. She lingers her lips on Jennie’s head before her cheek landed on Jennie’s head.

“Thank you, Chaeyoung.”

“For what?” They stay in the position.

“For everything, and for supporting me in this album.”

“No problem, Miss”

‘I’ll always going to support you, no matter what, Jennie-Unnie’