Chapter 14

It's still her

Chapter 14

 

 

Chaeyoung wearing her entire, silver buttoned shirt with white slack pant. She started sing-songing while her hands buttoning her shirt. Chaeyoung combs her hair, and tying it into bun. Letting a few strands untying. Walking to a mirror, eyes roaming her appearance. Chaeyoung was looking for this day, she feels happy and excited.

 

Chaeyoung walks out from her room at the same time Jennie walked out from her room, which opposite from her room. Both didn’t expect the encounter. Chaeyoung slits her hair strand behind her ear, feeling shy out of sudden.

 

“G-Good morning M—Jennie…” Chaeyoung stuttered as she looks over Jennie still in her bear pyjama. Chaeyoung used with the view but this morning she found that Jennie is cuter than ever.

 

“mmm, good morning too, Chaeyoung” Jennie fiddled her fingers, her look may seem confident but she is in state of nerves inside.

 

“You woke up early today” Chaeyoung started the conversation, as they walking to downstairs.

 

“Yeah, I went to sleep early last night, and had a good sleep too. Did you have a good sleep?” Jennie asked, as they reach the elevator.

 

Chaeyoung presses the lift button, answering, “Yeah, I’ve a nice sleep last night…”, They enter the elevator. “also I’ve read your letter, it was so heartwhelming.”

 

Jennie smiles sheepishly, feeling her stomach tickling.

“I’ve used with your stubborn attitude but not with soft one, so kinda shocked me”, continued Chaeyoung in result getting a glare from Jennie.

 

“Stubborn? Tsk, do you really want me to?” Jennie asked with a tease tone.

 

“No! I’m just joking” Chaeyoung grins, exposing her white teeth. Jennie smiles again, stepping out from the elevator, proceed to the dining table.

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung pouring tea into a cup for Mrs Kim as Jennie observes her on the other side. Chaeyoing can’t wipes her smile off from her face, remembering Jennie’s letter made her smile widen.

Chaeyoung stands beside Mrs Kim, once a while she looks at Jennie. When, their eyes meet each other, a smile replaces on both face. Smiling at each other.

Mrs Kim raised her eyebrow, clearly seeing the interaction between Jennie and Chaeyoung.

 

“Jennie, do you go out today?”

 

“…”

 

Silence, no answer. Mrs Kim looks over her daughter opposite her. Seeing Jennie smiling at Chaeyoung. Mrs Kim turning to Chaeyoung, seeing a same sight. Mrs Kim shook her head, ‘these two girls’, she thought.

 

“Ehem,” Mrs Kim clears , getting the attention from both Jennie and Chaeyoung.

“I’m not going to ask what happened with you two.”

 

Chaeyoung smiles shyly beside Mrs Kim, eyeing Jennie that coughing awkwardly.

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung waves as the Mrs Kim departed off to work. Chaeyoung walks to Jennie at the main door, “Do you have any schedule today?”

 

Jennie faces Chaeyoung, lifting her head a bit to see Chaeyoung eyes, “No, I don’t have any. But I think I want to go out to a park”

 

Chaeyoung thinks for a while, and say “How about we go together. I mean if you allow me to, and if you do, I can go to a store to buy some ingredient for meals.”

 

Jennie smiles, “Just say that you want to go with me Chaeyoung”

 

Chaeyoung scratches her head, embarrassed. “Mmm, I want to go with you. Would you go with me?”

 

They stare in silence for a moment, before Jennie nods, “Yes. Gladly”

 

Cheyoung beams, “Okay, I’ll wait you at 2?”

 

“Ok”

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie wears a silver dress while Chaeyoung decided to not changing and still wearing her silver buttoning shirt. They’re matching in colour.

They walk side by side, the gape between them is a metre apart. At a glance, people would say they’re fighting. A couple with a problem. Jennie sighs thinking in her head, ‘Why’re we so awkward?’

 

Jennie eyeing Chaeyoung that seems to be in her world. Suddenly, a bike rushes toward them, Jennie sees Chaeyoung unaware with it. With a sprint, Jennie pushes Chaeyoung to the side, “Yah! Don’t you see the bike?! Pay attention, you might get hurt!”, mad Jennie, holding Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung blinks, interpret the situation. She gazes at the red Jennie that hugging her while cursing at her. She smiles.

 

“How would you protect me if you can’t even protect yourself?!”, nagged Jennie. Jennie lets go of Chaeyoung, walking ahead grumpily. Her heart racing, anxious about Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung smiles looking at back of Jennie, running after her with a smile. Chaeyoung walks beside Jennie after, smiling at Jennie that clearly still mad at her.

 

“Thank you”, Chaeyoung said softly like Jennie’s so important to her. Softly as she loves Jennie nagged at her. Jennie hums but doesn’t give any response to Chaeyoung.

 

They walk in silence, much closer than before. An inch between them, burning their skin. Their hands keep coming to touch with each other’s. They both realise of it, but don’t know what to do.

‘Should I take her hand?’ thought Chaeyoung.

‘Should we hold hands? Aish, what are we? We’re not even dating, what the hell am I thinking about’ mad Jennie in her mind.

 

Can’t stand with the quietness between them, Chaeyoung clears . “Thanks for worried about me, but believe me I will protect you as much as I can. I won’t let you get hurt”

 

They stop walking, Jennie turns her head toward the blonde. Seeing Chaeyoung smiling warmly at her.

They stare at each other. Jennie feels her heart skipped a beat at Chaeyoung words. Chaeyoung brown eyes gazing straight at her. Chaeyoung looks at her like she’s the only one that presence at the moment.

 

Jennie clears , averting her eyes from Chaeyoung’s. “Better take your words seriously then” Coldly Jennie starts walking again. Hoping that Chaeyoung doesn’t see through her wavering with her words.

 

Chaeyoung smiles, knowing that her words affecting the brunette. She caught up beside Jennie, with more boldness she snatches Jennie’s hand into hers. Shocking the brunette.

 

“Can I?” Chaeyoung refers to their hands, which Jennie just nods her head. Chaeyoung beams with a wide smile.

 

Chaeyoung swings their hands up while walking, with a grin still on her face. Jennie shook her head, amused at the child behaviour from her butler.

 

“You’re such a kid Chaeyoung”

 

“Just only with you~” Chaeyoung sing-songs. Her eyes widen when she sees a mango stall not far from them.

“Jennie! Oh my god, mango!”

 

Jennie shocked at the sudden outburst, “Chaeyoung wait up!” shouted Jennie when Chaeyoung pulling her toward the stall.

‘Is this the same Chaeyoung that I know?’ thought Jennie, shaking her head.

 

They got three packs of sliced mangoes. Which all of them for Chaeyoung. Jennie glares at the blonde beside her on a bench, who’s busy eating mangoes.

“How could you, why didn’t you buy for me one?”, grumpy Jennie.

 

“I thought you don’t want it, sorry” Chaeyoung smiles sheepishly before continue, “Here, I’ll feed you”, Chaeyoung extends the mango to Jennie’s mouth.

 

Jennie scratches her eyebrow, ‘should her let Chaeyoung feed her? I mean, we’re in public, it’s so embarrassed’

 

Chaeyoung raises her eyebrow at the thinking Jennie, “If you don’t want to, it’s okay”, Chaeyoung hand stopped when Jennie pulls it toward back. Taking a big bite of it, Jennie engulfs it all.

 

Chaeyoung stares at the brunette, she thought that Jennie is cute with her bloated cheeks while eating. Her captivating cat-eyes and Chaeyoung never failed to be awed by its.

 

“You were staring” Jennie said, gazing to her.

 

“I’m sorry” She said, averts her eyes from staring at Jennie.

 

“Nah, It’s okay. Just saying because you seemed to interest with me than the mangoes” Jennie refers to a pack of untouched slices.

 

“Could I say it is?” She stares at Jennie’s pair of eyes.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Could I say? that you’re the most interesting thing that I live to” She sees Jennie was taken back by her words. But, she wouldn’t care, she wants to show her feeling.

 

Jennie fidgets with her fingers, “It’s your words, you don’t need to ask for my permission for that”

 

“Then…” Chaeyoung takes Jennie’s hand into hers, squeezing it, “You’re the most important person for me Jennie. I can’t live without you. Mango is my favourite but you’re the favouritest”

 

Jennie stares at their joining hands, “Favouritest? Is that even a word?”

 

“I know it doesn’t exist but with you in my life, everything existed” Chaeyoung smiles.

 

“Sweet talker”, Jennie reciprocates the smile.

 

They stare at each other, smile never fades from their faces.

 

“Can I ask you something personal Chaeyoung?” asked Jennie out of sudden.

 

“Go ahead”, Chaeyoung nods.

 

“Have you been in relationship?”

 

Chaeyoung takes her time, thinking about the only relationship she had is with Jennie. “Yeah, I have, one”

 

Jennie nods, “Where is him then? Do I know him?”, interested with Chaeyoung’s relationship.

 

Chaeyoung sighs, head facing down “We’ve broken up”, Chaeyoung decided to not expose the gender. “I mean, it’s not exactly that we’ve broken up but I left him for a long time. So, I think so”

 

Jennie didn’t expect that Chaeyoung is the one who broke the relationship. “I didn’t expect that you’re the one who broke it off”

 

A side of Chaeyoung’s lips quirked up, “I’m not expecting it either, consider how strong my love toward him”

 

Jennie observes the sad eyes of the blonde, “You must really love him.”

 

Chaeyoung lifts her head, staring far away ahead “…Yes, I really love him, I still is”

 

Jennie feels a tug on her chest. She feels hurt on her chest. She takes a breath calming herself to ask again, “W-Why you left him then?”

 

“Because I thought it was a right decision. I was a mess in his life, so he would be happy without worries”, a tear flows out from her right eye.

 

Jennie touches Chaeyoung’s cheek with her unoccupied hand, turning Chaeyoung’s head. They facing each other, Jennie wipes the tears on Chaeyoung’s cheek.

 

They stare at each other, with their hands still intertwined. Jennie runs her thumb on Chaeyoung’s cheek. They lost in each other eyes.

 

“Jennie!” Someone called, made both of them flinched. Hands unconnected in reflex when they saw Lisa on the other side.

 

“Lisa?!” Jennie’s eyes widen. Chaeyoung sighs.

 

 

 

 

They settled at a restaurant, and for sure Lisa is paying. Chaeyoung sighs again, after Lisa’s here, she keeps glaring at her. Chaeyoung just shrugged her shoulder if that happened. ‘What made she mad at me? it should be me ‘cause she’d ruined my day’, Chaeyoung thought before continue talking in her mind, ‘Oh, forget, Jennie’s her girlfriend’ Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, at the statement.

 

“Jennie ahhh~”, Lisa being weirdly sweet for Chaeyoung to observe. Jennie eyeing the meat in front her extended by Lisa.

Chaeyoung stabs her meat soundly, made Jennie looks at her. Without knowing, Chaeyoung shoves the meat grumpily in .

 

Jennie chuckles in her mind, ‘She’s cute, even though I don’t know why she seems so mad now’.

Jennie takes the meat from Lisa with her chopstick, and shoving in . “Thank you”

 

“Hey, you need to take it with your mouth not with your chopstick” Mad Lisa, whispering at Jennie beside her.

 

Jennie shrugs, “Why should I?”

 

“’cause you’re my girlfriend, so you should let me feed you”, whispered Lisa again.

 

“You’re being weird Lisa, stop it. Just eat, I’m tired to argue with you” Jennie realised it, Lisa being like this because of Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung’s name always in their arguments.

 

Chaeyoung observes the interaction between the couple, whispering to each other. Her blood boiled, she shoves a big cut of meat into . Chewing it taste, to calm her anger. ‘I’m being uncontrollable now, this all because of that monkey (refers to Lisa)’

 

“I know you’re a big eater, but I don’t know that you eat like a monster” Jennie teased Chaeyoung as she saw Chaeyoung shoved the meat.

 

Chaeyoung gulps her meat, eyes on Jennie’s. “There’re a lot you don’t know about me…”, true, it’s true that Jennie doesn’t know anything about her. And it’s going to be like that because in the end Chaeyoung is a liar.

 

Jennie heard that, and she decides to get to know more about Chaeyoung. “I’m sorry then”

 

“mmm?”

 

“I’m sorry for not knowing you better.”

 

“It’s okay”

 

Lisa snorts at the conversation, “Ehem, I’m still here guys. I’m going to pay for this and where we should go next Jennie?”

 

Jennie averts her eyes from Chaeyoung’s, looking at Lisa beside her, “Just home. I want to back home”

 

Lisa nods, “Okay then, I’m taking you”, Lisa holds Jennie’s right hand.

 

“No need, I’m taking her, she came with me so she would back with me”, Chaeyoung intervened, standing up, she goes beside Jennie. Taking her left hand. “She’s with me”

 

Lisa and Chaeyoung staring dagger at each other. Jennie sandwiched in the middle of the two giants, and now she has to decide. Who should she choose?