chapter 15

It's still her

Chapter 15

 

Jennie throws her gaze out her window, sitting on her bed with her head on her palm. She sighs for thousand times, the scene at the park rewinds.

 

“Stop it you two. Don’t make scene here!” Jennie takes a deep breath, “Here, I’ll go with Lisa, Chaeyoung you go home first. I’ll see you there”, Said Jennie, pulling her hands from both of them.

Lisa smirks, looking at Chaeyoung boastfully, “You hear that Park Chaeyoung. You need to know your place, you’re just a mere worker, nothing else, so act like one”

“Stop it Lisa, let’s go” Jennie commanded, pulling Lisa out from the restaurant, leaving Chaeyoung in pain.

 

 

Jennie sighs again, she thought she had made a right decision but why she regret it. Her phone vibrated beside her. She takes it, Jisoo Unnie shown on her phone screen. With a smile, she answers it.

 

“Hello Unnie” She chirped.

“Hey Jennie, you can come now. To our home, or more correct Blackpink dorm.”

“Oh, you get there already, alright, I’m coming. Give me the address”

 

Jennie wears her jacket and rushes to living room, bumped with Chaeyoung who’s sipping her coffee.

“Are you going somewhere?” Chaeyoung asked observes Jennie wearing her heels.

“Yes, I have some works to do. You stay here, I just go with our driver, Mr Choi”, Jennie rushes outside, not waiting for Chaeyoung’s answer.

 

 

 

“Hey Unnie!”, Jennie hugs Jisoo. They’re at the yard of Blackpink dorm.

“So, this is the dorm?” asked Jennie.

“Yes, it was. You bought it after we disbanded, and after you got amnesia, no one living here”, Jisoo takes a key under a mat. “You told me, where you hid the key, in case I would be here” She walks with Jisoo inside the dorm.

She sees white sheets covered all the furniture in the dorm. Jennie runs her hand on the wall. Her legs move as she knew the place.

“Is there anyone came here?” Jennie observes a wall. The white silver colour of wall met with a square of dark colour, like a frame was hanged there.

“I don’t think so” Jisoo walks beside Jennie. “Oh, there was a frame hanged here as I remember”

“Where is it then?”

“I don’t know, someone might take it. Because last day I came here, to put over the sheets, the frame is still here”, Jisoo explained.

“Frame of what photo is that?” Jennie asked, start to walk to a room.

“Our photo actually, Blackpink members. Lisa have told you about it right, that we were in a girlgroup called as Blackpink.”

“Yeah, she’d told me”

“That was a photo of us, a photo of Blackpink members.” Jisoo smiles, seems to refresh the old memories. She feels jealous of it, she hopes that she would remember it.

They come to a room, with name Jichu curved on it door. “Whose room is this? ‘Jichu’? Is that yours?”, Jennie chuckles when get a nod from Jisoo.

“Tsk, don’t laugh at my nickname, you’re more worse than me” Jisoo shots back, “Do you know what is it? Jendeukie” This time, Jisoo laughs out loud at her. She was taken back from the nickname of hers. It worst!

“Who give me that nickname?” She asked, doesn’t like the nickname.

“Me actually, because you always being clingy to me”

“No, I was not!”

“Yes, you were. You just don’t remember it” She doesn’t say anything with that said. She faces down, she really wants to remember all of it again.

“I want to remember again Unnie”, Jisoo pities at her. Jisoo had been told to not saying much about her past, especially about Rose.

“I’ll help you, don’t worry. We start step by step” Promised Jisoo.

They walk next to her room with a Jendeukie name on the door. She enters the room, her heart beats fast as she recognised the room. Jennie walks in the room, removing a white sheet on a cabinet. Jennie observes her room.

“It’s feel so familiar.” Jennie opens a drawer, seeing it’s empty. She opens another one, seeing a thick book in it. Jennie pulls it out, admiring the blue cover of it. On it caved Momento.

Jennie flips open the book, page by page. It just a book about an unforgettable memory of a wise man, “Did I read a book like this?” She surprises.

She finds a piece of paper in the middle of the page. Taking it out, she squints her eyes, reading it’s contain ‘Seodaemun Apartment, room 14, bought by Kim Jennie’

“Why did I buy a room?”

“Jennie? You done there?” Jisoo asked.

“Yeah, wait a minute” Jennie takes the paper, placing the book back in the drawer. She walks out from her room, glance at it over again.

They cross a room and Jisoo says it was Lisa’s but then there another one room. Jennie confuses as why there are 4 rooms when they were only 3.

“Whose room is that?” asked her. Jisoo seems to take her time to answer. “It just a guest room.”

Jennie nods, she halts on her way to the room, glancing over her shoulder. Jisoo has holds her arm. “I don’t know why they want to hide it, but Jennie there’s something they hide from you.”

“What do you mean Unnie? Who’re ‘they’?” She feels anxious about it. Why Jisoo said that to her? There’s something she needs to know.

“You’re searching for Rose, right?”

“Yes…” Jennie feels weird right now, something might be not right.

Jisoo takes a deep breath, “Actually Jennie, Rose was a member of Blackpink. We were in group together. But it’s been 5 years, there a lot of people had forgot about her because she didn’t continue her contract as an artist after the disbandment.” Explained Jisoo. She takes time to interpret the information. There a lot to take.

“But, I had search for it Unnie, there’s no data about Rose as a Blackpink”

“They must be had delete it” Jisoo said looking straight into hers.

“But why? And one more thing who’re they?” asked her, her mind boatful. She seems can’t think anymore.

“I don’t know, there must be something and I can’t say who’re they. You need to find it yourself. I’d help you until that. But Jennie, be careful, I might know the reason but I might be wrong because it’s been long we’re talking. Something might had happened in those 5 years.” Jisoo taps her shoulder.

“Thank you Unnie”

 

 

 

 

Jennie back home with a racing mind. She doesn’t know anymore who she can trust and who she can’t. She enters her house, silence. Jennie glances at her wrist watch, seeing it late already. “I must take a lot of time in the car”

Jennie halts on her way upstairs when she hears her butler. “Welcome home Jennie, but you couldn’t do this often. No, starting from now, you can’t come home late.”

Jennie sighs, Chaeyoung is her butler anyway, she would act like one no matter how close they’re. Jennie turns her head toward Chaeyoung who’s standing at the middle of the living room. “Ok, I wouldn’t do it again. I would return home early. Satisfied?” Jennie rolls her eyes when Chaeyoung nodding at her.

“That would do. And Jennie, Mrs Kim had assigned me as your manager consider that you haven’t have one.” Reported Chaeyoung.

“Mmm, that’s what I asked. Now, you need to look at my schedule, what time and what place especially. For tomorrow, I don’t have one. But I need to go somewhere”

She glances over Chaeyoung nodding at her instruction, “Got it.”

She yawns, pitching her neck, tiredness felt through her body. “I’ll go get some sleep first. And, you also need a rest, you always doing your job well. You need to get a rest”

“I will go sleep, but I always need to do well in my job.” Chaeyoung sounds determined.

Jennie simply nods her head, “mmm”

 

 

 

 

Sunrays through her window, kiss her cheeks. Jennie wakes up in delight, and come realising that no maid wakes her up. She brushes her teeth and ties her hair into bun. She goes down to dining table, finding that only maids serving the breakfast.

“Where mother?” asked Jennie to a maid there.

“She’d went to work. She told us, that she wouldn’t back home for a week.” The maid said. Scrunched her eyebrows “Why she’s not telling me anything about it?”

“she said it was an emergency call this early morning. She asked me to inform to you, miss” Allen voices out, coming from the kitchen while holding a tray of sandwiches. Jennie nods, turning around, looking for her butler.

“Where’s Chaeyoung?”

“Oh, Chaeyoung must be in exercise room now. It’s not yet breakfast time, so she might be here later” Allen answered, serving the sandwiches on dining table.

Jennie hums, walks to a corner, a metre from dining table. She sits on a sofa beside a window there. She opens her smartphone, looking for any news. “Does Chaeyoung always work out in the morning?”

“Mmm, something like that, I always see her coming out from the room, before Mrs Kim down here to have a breakfast.”

Jennie nods and continue “She takes her work seriously, don’t you think?”

She scrolls her screen phone, looking for any interesting news. “Mmm, I think it would be good thing that she’d take the job seriously. Because it might benefit us some time. Who knows. Hence, she needs to protect you” Allen explained.

Jennie shrugs her shoulders, “Do I have an enemy or what? Why I heard so in danger?”

She puts her phone aside, lifting her head at Allen that busy walk-in and walk-out from the kitchen. “You’re rich Miss Jennie. Rich people always have enemy”

Jennie simply smile at that, if it is true, why she never thought about it. After meeting Jisoo yesterday, Jennie doubts about many things now. She sighs, she had search information about the accident that caused her amnesia but nothing. It’s seems as the data had been deleted. They must have a power to do that, they must be have an impact in entertainment.

Jennie stares at the door of exercise room. ‘Does Chaeyoung involve with this?’ She just hopes for a person to believe at.

Jennie steps to the room. Knocking twice out of manner “Chaeyoung, it’s me Jennie. Can I come in?”

Silence. Jennie worries, knocking again but no answer. “Is she okay?” Jennie opens the door. A view inside the room, shocked her. Chaeyoung with earbuds lifting her leg high in air. She sees Chaeyoung twisting her body and lift another leg up in air. She roams her eyes on Chaeyoung’s body that Chaeyoung only wears sport bra and tight pants. It’s perfect. She had seen Chaeyoung body months ago, but right now it totally different. She had built her body. Toned legs and arms. ‘And that! Is that six packs?!’ Jennie screamed in her mind.

She stands frozen at the door.

Sweats dropping from Chaeyoung’s face to the blue mat that Chaeyoung stepped on, she looks extra y. Jennie observes all the detail of Chaeyoung’s feature. ‘Why she seems attractive out of sudden?’

Chaeyoung’s white and flawless skin. Her perfect jawline, the room is not big so Jennie can see all from her position.

Jennie observes Chaeyoung kicking a punching bag in the room. Jennie watches how Chaeyoung looks at the punching bag with determination and hatred, as she sees her enemy on the punching bag.

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung punches the punching bag as hard as she can. “I’m not going to forgive you bastard! You must be in hell!”

Chaeyoung punches again, memories about her parents replaying in her mind. It’s been 5 years but she still remembers it as it was yesterday. Chaeyoung stops after several punches. She kicks for the last time the punching back before taking a towel wrapping it around her neck. She pulls off her earbuds, takes a bottle of mineral. She drinks it but burst it out when she sees Jennie at the door.

“J-Jennie?”

“…” Chaeyoung squints her eyebrows, “Jennie?” Walks closer to the brunette. She snaps her fingers when Jennie still doesn’t give any response.

That snaps Jennie, “Oh, oh, I’m sorry I was lost”

Chaeyoung’s face stay serious, she’s afraid that Jennie heard her awhile ago. “Miss Jennie, did you hear anything?”

Jennie seems confuse and Chaeyoung sighs in relief. ‘She must did not heard it’ thought Chaeyoung. “Hear what?” Jennie asked with an eyebrow risen.

“No, nothing. Mmm, I’ll go take a bath first. My body smell of sweats right now.” She smiles at Jennie. “It’s close, I need to be more careful from now on”, mumbled Chaeyoung.

“Wait”, Chaeyoung stops, heart beating fast. ‘Does she hear it?’

“Y-Yes” Chaeyoung curses in her mind about her stuttering.

Jennie stands in front her, “I want to ask you about a person. I don’t know if I ever asked you but I think not.”

“What is it?”

“Do you know Rose?” Chaeyoung sighs in relief, even though the question doesn’t help her heart beating slower, she relieves that Jennie didn’t hear her.

“Mmm, I don’t know who is she, but Jennie, why did you ask?” Chaeyoung looks at Jennie expression that still unfazed.

“Then do you know Blackpink?” Chaeyoung starts to feel sceptical with the question. ‘Why does she keeps asking about Rose? There must be something, she’d asked her mother and now she asking me’

“No, I don’t Blackpink. I’ve heard about them bit I don’t know anything about them, I’m not that fond with artist”

Jennie nods at her answer, Chaeyoung observes as Jennie’s face turned to a relief one. ‘She must know something.’

“Ok then, you can go” Jennie says, her eyes meet Chaeyoung’s for a moment before she averts it away.

Chaeyoung curtly bows at Jennie before take her way to her room.

 

 

 

 

 

“Can I believe her? But she seemed scared about the thing she screamed awhile ago” Jennie walks to the punching bag. She observes the punching bag, “Who’s the person she can’t forgive?”

“Miss, breakfast is ready” Allen’s head poked from the door. Jennie nods, “Okay”

Jennie sits on her place, letting her mother place empty. She eats the breakfast in silence, she looks over Chaeyoung that stands on beside her.

“Sit down” She commands, while slicing her tart.

“What miss?” Chaeyoung bent down to her.

“I said sit down, you” Jennie repeated.

“But miss” Jennie gives a look at Chaeyoung stopping her from saying anything.

“Ok” Chaeyoung sits beside her. Jennie asks for another dish for Chaeyoung from Allen. A maid serves it to Chaeyoung.

“Why out of sudden?” Chaeyoung starts and Jennie takes her time, chewing her tart ‘What can I tell I just want her beside me.’

“No, I just want you to, No reasons.” Jennie continues eating her dish. She raises her eyebrow as she sees Chaeyoung doesn’t even touch a slice.

“Why you didn’t eat it? Not delicious or what” Jennie asked her eyes focuses in her dish.

“What happened with you miss. You’re being weird this morning. You’ve been so uptight and distant. It’s not like you avoiding me or what but it’s like you were near but you seem far” Jennie glances over Chaeyoung that facing down on her plate.

“This is how I am. Just eat Chaeyoung. I need you today, you gonna be my manager start from now” Jennie simply said the words. ‘Well I’m the owner of her. I can decide whatever I want’

Jennie looks at Chaeyoung this time as she left with a silence answer. Chaeyoung stares at her when she lifts her head, “Why you didn’t give any answer Butler Park?”

With a sigh, she gets an answer from Chaeyoung, “Ok.”

 

 

 

 

 

Tomorrow morning, Chaeyoung goes out to meet with Jisoo. She knew, Jisoo might said something to Jennie. Speeding up her car, she comes to stop at a café. Wearing her cap, she walks inside the café. Searching for a red headed girl. As she finds one at a corner beside a window, she walks faster toward it.

“Why you want to meet me Chaeyoung-shi?” Jisoo starts distantly as she just took her sit in front her.

“Can you please not” Chaeyoung sighs. She puts her arms on a table in front her.

“Can what, you told me to act like a stranger with you. So, I act as persist as you wanted. Why? Right now, you want me to treat you like my friend again. No, Chaeyoung. After I told you that I’m opposed the idea to hide Rose from Jennie.” Jisoo spat. Chaeyoung intertwined her fingers hard, leave a print on her skin.

“I have reason Jisoo, I don’t want to hurt her.” Chaeyoung sighs, “Did you tell her? Did you tell Jennie? I saw you last day with her”

“I know you were. I saw your car outside, but Jennie might be not realised it. And for your question, I did tell her but just Rose as a member of Blackpink.”

Chaeyoung’s eyes widen, angry with the situation, “Oh Jisoo, why you had to do it? You know that I’ve hurted her so much. She would be hurting again”

“You need to hear me Chaeyoung-shi. You can’t decide what I’ve to do. I know what the best for my friend. How do you know that she would be hurt, she’s stronger than you think. No matter how hurt she is, but she needs to know the truth.” Jisoo explodes, people start to look at them.

“I know that, but it might be better like this.” Chaeyoung’s voice offs slowly.

“I know what you’re thinking but she needs someone Chaeyoung. Have you ever thinking about it? Jennie needs someone that she can trust. Life as an amnesiac is scary Chaeyoung. Not knowing anything, don’t know what to do but just believing what people said to her. She might get hurt more when she realised that you all have been lying to her all along.”

Jisoo words hit her so much. Chaeyoung never thought about it. “I’m such a bad friend, am I?”

Jisoo slumps her back on her seat, “You’re not a bad friend but you’re worse than that”

Chaeyoung’s lips quirked up, “You’re not changing at all”

Jisoo gives a smile, “I’m not. Can’t help it, I love myself so much” Jisoo sighs afterward, Chaeyoung meets Jisoo’s stare “You know that Jennie used to always told me about you. She never skips a detail about you from me, even you guys activity in bed”

Chaeyoung blushes, remembering the scene again. That memory is safe in her heart. Jisoo smiles warmly at Chaeyoung, “Please take care of her Chaeyoung-shi”

“I will, Jisoo-shi” They laugh at their antics of using honorifics.