Chapter 17

It's still her

Chapter 17

 

 

 

A person was sitting in front her, something like had wood separate her with the person.

 

“There’s nothing like that, I’m just joking ok… but there’s something you need to know”

 

She tried to response but there’s no voice came out. “Chill, this is a dream so no need to response me” the person said.

 

“You need to know Jennie, someone is not delight with you together with Rose…”

 

“STOP!” Another person barged in. “Don’t say anything or you might regret it”

 

“Well, I think you heard enough” Both of them looked at her. She wanted scream as they came closer but no voice came out. She tried harder and harder as their face smile deviously… became creepier.

 

“Jennie”

 

“JENNIE! Wake up!”

 

She jolts open her eyes, rising from her sleep. Heavy breathing, dry, sweats covered her forehead.

 

“Jennie” Soft voice heard beside her, she snaps at the side seeing her butler with worried face. She just stares at Chaeyoung with heavy breathing, her brain and body didn’t seem can be functional at the moment.

 

Slowly Chaeyoung reaches for her and the soft touch of her hand at Jennie’s arm calming the latter.

 

“Breath” As slow as Chaeyoung’s voice creeped inside her ears, inside her brain and turn out her body functioning again. She lets out a deep breath, her breath came out calm and steady. Jennie looks at the hand on her arm, slowly her eyes rising at Chaeyoung’s face.

 

Chaeyoung is smiling at her, and Jennie realise how beautiful the blonde at the moment. Without thinking, as natural it is, she jumps forward to Chaeyoung. Clinging in her arms with her arms around Chaeyoung’s neck.

 

Chaeyoung hugs Jennie as soon as. She Jennie’s back, calming her. “I’m scared” Jennie’s voice broken and scattered.

 

“Don’t worry, it just a dream” Chaeyoung deepens her hug, pushing Jennie body close to hers. Her mind only for the brunette.

 

After a moment, Chaeyoung braved herself to ask, “Was it Rose again?”

 

Jennie shakes her head, Chaeyoung feels it at her nape. “No”

 

“Oh” Chaeyoung asks no more, doesn’t want Jennie to remember it again. They stay in the position for an hour before Chaeyoung decides Jennie has to sleep.

 

“You need to rest Jennie. It’s still dark”

 

Jennie retreats her body from Chaeyoung, her hands slide into Chaeyoung’s grasp. Chaeyoung pushes her onto the bed. Chaeyoung damps a duvet onto Jennie.

 

“Stay. Please…” Chaeyoung halts from her way out, with that said Chaeyoung lands beside Jennie. As Jennie scoots over another side, giving a room for Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung faces Jennie’s back, it feels weird to stay together on a bed with their current situation but it’s not awkward either. They just need each other at the moment.

 

“Chaeyoung”

 

“mmm”

 

“Thank you”

 

 

Suprisingly, Jennie has a nice sleep. She stirs with delight on her bed. Stopping at sudden when she feels another present in her bed, with her.

 

She snaps at her side, seeing her butler in deep sleep. “Oh” Jennie remembers last night scene. She turns to her window seeing sunrays breakthrough it.

 

“Ergh” Soft groaning from her butler get her attention. She stares at the blonde waiting for her to be awake. But, Chaeyoung just stirring and her arms naturally damp around her stomach. Chaeyoung unexpectedly has pulled Jennie toward her. Jennie stares shock at the eyes closed blonde. They currently staring face to face. Jennie’s hands on both of Chaeyoung’s shoulders restrained Chaeyoung from pulling any further.

 

“C-Chaeyoung” Jennie curses in her mind about her being nervous of their position.

 

“mmm” Chaeyoung just seems to be in her dream or what as she just claim Jennie toward her more. Jennie squirms on her spot, strengthen her arms , push Chaeyoung away.

 

“Butler park!” Cannot hold her temper as Chaeyoung being shameless holding her.

 

Chaeyoung opens her eyes out of the loud calling from Jennie. She herself shocks at their position when she sees it. She pulls away instantly, separate their body, she must has pulled away too much made she fell on the floor.

 

She yelps, when her bottom coming first touching the hard wooden floor “Ouch!”

 

Jennie grimaces seeing the impact. She sits frozen on her bed, drowning their current situation.

 

Chaeyoung wipes her bottom right cheek, “Damn” She grimaces with the pain. When she sees Jennie staring at her, she pulls over standing on her feet fast. “G-Good morning Miss”, her hands in front but when she bows the pain shot up on her . “Ow, ow!” She rubs her bottom cheeks again.

 

An amused smile curves on Jennie face. Chaeyoung’s face is priceless. Cannot holding it any longer, she burst into laugh. “Phhahaha”

 

Chaeyoung stops her action when she heard the sound. She stares frozen at Jennie. It’s beautiful, the scene, the creature, the human being in front her right now is really beautiful. Beautiful that she starts questioning about how beautiful is geek goddess if human is this beautiful. A smile creeps on her lips without realising.

 

“Oh gosh Chaeng, you’re so funny phahah”

 

Chaeyung tries hard to not feel bother with Jennie calling her by nickname. Even though it’s fake name, but still it’s her name.

 

Chaeyoung stands straight after, her eyes still focusing on the laughing brunette in front her. Feeling a pair of eyes staring hole at her, Jennie calming herself. Stopping herself from laugh, she clears , a sudden embarrassment felt.

 

“Mmm, thank you for last night” Jennie starts.

 

Chaeyoung eyes drooping at the soft thank from Jennie. “Mmm, don’t mention it. It’s my job anyway. To take care of you”

 

Jennie runs her finger on her itchy cheek. “Mmm”

 

Chaeyoung sees Jennie troubled face, must she be thinking about the dream. “You want to talk about it?”

 

Jennie replies with light head, telling herself that she needs to believe Chaeyoung at least. “Yeah, sit here please”, Jennie pats a space beside her on her bed. Jennie drags herself at the end of bed throwing her legs over.

 

Chaeyoung sits beside her, giving a space between them. Jennie glances at their spaces but doesn’t mention her disappointment. “There are images of two person arguing…”

 

Jennie takes a breath, as Chaeyoung opposes her way from touching Jennie’s shoulder. “If you can’t it’s okay”

 

“No, I want to share it with you. At least I need to believe you” A pang of guilty feeling overwhelm Chaeyoung. “They just arguing about a thing, I don’t what is it, but they didn’t in the same pace. And then, they were hawling me with creepy smile. They warned me about something Chaeyoung but I don’t remember about what is it. But they were awfu;y familiar for me… so familiar”

 

Jennie holds her head, she feels pain all over her head. “Ergh… Hurt”

 

Chaeyoung rushes to her side, “Jennie, Jennie! You okay?! Jennie!” She holds Jennie’s shoulders but Jennie seems to can’t hear her.

 

“What are you doing?!”

 

“Well well, I told you, if you exposed me to police I’ll revenge you. Now, let me tell her everything. Everything about the truth”

 

“There’s nothing to tell, and this will not bring any GOOD for us! Jennie, you need to believe me. I didn’t do that, please…”

 

“DON’T TELL ME YOU BELIEVE HIM?!”

 

 

Jennie holds her head even more, feeling the pain overwhelm. A last words heard before she lost her conscious.

 

“I’m sorry, I need to do this” thud

 

Darkness clouded her view. “Jennie!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ergh…” Jennie opens her eyes, a white ceiling radiating her view. Jennie feels heavy through her head, she holds her head.

 

“Oh, you’re awake” Jennie turns to Chaeyoung beside her, standing formally at the end of bed bank. Jennie rolls her eyes at that.

 

“Oh, please Chaeyoung don’t be too formal… ergh where am I?” Jennie tries pushing her body to sit and Chaeyoung rushes helping her.

 

“Hospital”

 

Chaeyoung holds Jennie’s hand tightly, sitting on a chair beside the hospital bed. Jennie stares at her hand under Chaeyoung’s tight hold. Her stomach churning with warmth.

 

“Chaeyoung” called Jennie.

 

“Hurmm” Chaeyoung runs her thumb on Jennie’s palm. Their gazes meet up to each other.

 

They wanted her”

 

Chaeyoung confuses with Jennie’s statement. “What do you mean? Her?”

 

Jennie nods, “They wanted Rose. I don’t who’re they, but I know a thing that they were awfully familiar for me.”

 

They stay in silence for a while before Jennie continues, “Please Chaeyoung help me. Help me to find Rose”

 

Jennie squeezes Chaeyoung’s hand tightly, determination filled in her eyes. Chaeyoung stares at the cat-eyes, falling at the seriousness from it. Her eyes lit up with determination. Chaeyoung nods with a sigh.

 

“I’ll try”

 

Jennie smiles weakly, “I believe you Chaeyoung”

 

They smile at each other. Hands intertwined. “You didn’t tell anyone I came up into here right?”

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head, “I don’t but if you want I can tell Mrs Kim”

 

“No don’t”

 

“Or do you want me to inform Lisa—”

 

“No.” Jennie deadpanned.

 

“Okay” Chaeyoung sighs defeated.

 

“Can I go home now?” Jennie asks, because she clearly doesn’t have any reason to be held at the hospital any longer.

 

“Oh, sure, the doctor said you can…” Chaeyoung stand ups, fixing her attire. She looks at Jennie before holds out her hand. “Come on, let’s go home, Miss Jennie”

 

Jennie smiles, reaching for Chaeyoung’s hand, “Gladly, Butler Park”

 

 

 

Chaeyoung pushes Jennie on wheelchair, people inside the hospital seem to recognise Jennie. After reach her car, Jennie speaks up, “Oh, by the way Chaeyoung. I need you to prepare for me a meeting with reporters.”

 

Chaeyoung nods, helping Jennie climbing the car. “But may I ask why?”

 

Jennie slumps on back seat of the car. She lets Chaeyoung finishes folding the wheelchair before answering, “I need to make a statement”

 

Chaeyoung is sceptical about the statement but not invade any information from Jennie afraid the latter might upset about it, she just nods. “Okay Miss Jennie”

 

 

 

 

 

Two days after, Chaeyoung indeed do her work as she worked all the reporters in a room with camera live for Jennie.

 

People busy with the site setting, reporters voice filled the air. They are curious about the rising star statement out of sudden. Jennie Kim had made her name all around the word after her first album had break records from time to time.

 

So, gathering public workers in a room for her is easy work for Chaeyoung. We all know how income will rise inside each month payment.

 

Chaeyoung folds her arms as she waits for the brunette with others. She herself doesn’t know what Jennie would do today.

 

People voices replace with silence abruptly as Jennie make her way beautifully inside a black attire. Jennie heels clicking the floor heard in the room. Just imagine how silence people inside the room. They all wait for the brunette.

 

Jennie looks different today than Jennie she knew before. Chaeyoung can’t point a direct of what the difference is but one thing she knew is that Jennie looks more brave and elegant than before. Her head held hide, her chest upfront, Chaeyoung almost doesn’t recognise her as Jennie… her Jennie.

 

At the moment, Chaeyoung knows that she would never over Jennie. She would never move on from Jennie.

 

Jennie cat-eyes shining more than before, its can clearly be seen as she sits on a seat with a table in front her that Chaeyoung just prepared only for her.

 

Not even a slight smile curves on Jennie’s face. Chaeyoung realises that Jennie takes the appointment for a serious reason.

 

With heartbeats Chaeyoung heard Jennie announces through a mic in front her, a statement.

 

“I’m gay… and I’ve a girlfriend”

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung opens the car door for Jennie. Last week Jennie stayed at home with the care of Chaeyoung without went for her work. Today is the day her mother returns home and Jennie actually waited for the moment even though her mother present hardly noticeable for her. Today also the first day for her to encounter and facing public again after the statement.

 

“Good day for work today Miss. By the way, I’ll be your driver for today as I asked Mr Choi to send you personally” Chaeyoung smiles warmly at Jennie.

 

The brunette tries to not gawking at the site. Shrugging whatever Chaeyoung informed her, she climbs into the car.

 

Chaeyoung gets into driving seat, fasten her seatbelt. She pulls over the car into the road. “Do you remember what schedule I’ve today Chaeyoung?” Jennie asks.

 

Of course, you have a record with Radio Star today Miss” Chaeyoung glances over at Jennie from rear mirror.

 

Jennie nods, closing her eyes as she slumping her back onto the back seat. Chaeyoung glances over and over at the brunette behind as like the site of Jennie is never going to enough.

 

“Butler Park” Jennie sudden voice surprising Chaeyoung. “Y-yeah”

 

“Eyes on the road, not me… you’re not driving on me” Jennie asks with eyes still shut closed. Chaeyoung bites her tongue from replying any remark to Jennie. Well, her mind might drift to another meaning right now.

 

“I’m sorry Miss Jennie”

 

At a corner, we all can see Jennie lips twitched as she let out a small smile. (Did you guys see it?)

 

“We’re here Miss Jennie. Are you ready for this?” Chaeyoung unbuckles her seatbelt, glancing over Jennie behind.

Jennie sighs, she glances at the crowd slamming her car window. “More than ready”

 

Chaeyoung opens the door for Jennie. Jennie climbs out from the car. She squints her eyes as flashes light from reporters and fans toward her. Chaeyoung holds her shoulder tightly bringing Jennie close to her. She holds Jennie tightly, she pushes the crowd, guiding Jennie through the crowd.

 

They being crazy asking about how she turns to be gay? When did she knew it? Who’s her girlfriend?

 

And Chaeyoung mumbles for not punching their faces one by one.

 

As they come inside the setting site, Chaeyoung turns toward her, “Do you want me to wait here or go inside changing room?”

 

Jennie shakes her head, as she realises she won’t be in a room where Chaeyoung just staring hole at her when she preparing herself for the shooting. “No need Chaeyoung. Just wait here”

 

“Ok, Miss”

 

Jennie go to a bunch of people discussing at a corner of the room. Chaeyoung recognises one of them is director of the show and two are singer like Jennie. One man and another one is woman.

 

Jennie mingles with them as she was not in front page of bulletin as she was not accused as a sinner as she was not came out yesterday.

 

Chaeyoung smiles seeing the brave and proud Jennie. Her smile is not long when she realises how the woman singer there, is actually flirting with Jennie.

 

She stares hole at the woman, she has a long dark black hair like Jisoo but her eyes glisten with mischievous and Chaeyoung snorts as she finds the woman looks like a sly fox. Her scowl deepen when she sees the woman’s hand has come to her arm, rubbing the soft skin of Jennie before go down on Jennie’s waist. What more upsetting her that the others are actually smile at the act.

 

‘What? If Jennie’s gay, doesn’t mean all women can shamelessly flirting with her, touching here and there. For god sake! Jennie said she has a girlfriend even though it’s not her, still she can’t stand with the view.’ Mad Chaeyoung inside her mind.

 

Jennie seems to not show any discomfort with the gesture she just let the woman touch her or Chaeyoung just cannot see the brunette reaction as she stay focuses on the sly fox that are still rubbing her disease to Jennie.

 

Chaeyoung pinches her nose bridge as she realises her place again. There’s nothing between her and Jennie for her to be jealous. ‘What?! Jealous?! NO, I’M NOT! I’m just thinking about Lisa… Yes Lisa’ Chaeyoung snorts at her mind, since when that she actually care for the banged-hair girl.

 

Chaeyoung pretends to not see that the sly fox hauling Jennie to a dress room. Chaeyoung lets out an uneasy breath, she must be overthinking or she just stresses with work. Maybe, being two persons at once is not easy.

 

Chaeyoung walks backward but just to stumble with someone. She turns around to apologize but halts as soon she sees the someone that she stumbled with.

 

Coffee eyes like Jennie stares at her brown eyes. The guy hair coloured white with thin lips. Chaeyoung stares at the lips before it turns to a grin like Cheshire cat, it’s beautiful but Chaeyoung still prefer Jennie’s smile.

 

Chaeyoung knows him, he is… “James?!”

 

The guy whom known as James smiles, “Well, is not this is the infamous Roseanne Park”

 

Chaeyoung jumps forward at James, hugging him tightly, “Gosh, I miss you so much!”

 

James chuckles at the blonde in his arms, “I miss you too”

 

Chaeyoung pulls back, she trails over James head to toe, “Aren’t you thinner than before. You lost weight”

 

James scowls, “Yeah, being busy lately”

 

“Well, it’s shame because you’re hot before” Chaeyoung lets out her remark with a disappoint face.

 

James scoffs at the blonde, shoving her arm jokingly, “Then, I’m not hot now?!”

 

“Well let me see again” Chaeyoung looks over again, and James built arms has gone thinner than before, but he still in shape.

 

As Chaeyoung judging her like a judger, James fixes his buttoned shirt collar. Straighten his back, he covers he face with a masculine smirk.

 

“You’re… No.” Chaeyoung deadpanned. James crunched with a hurtful face.

 

“You’re awful”

 

“Well, always” Chaeyoung winks. “Are you visiting Jennie?” Chaeyoung asks with low voice as she knows how things is not that beautiful between them.

 

James smile gone, “Yeah… I heard that she lost her memory so… I thought to make it work between us again you know. I mean I’ve been a bad brother to her, so I think I need to apologize”

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t agree with James decision not because she doesn’t want they be okay again but James just take a lot of times. After years, why today he wanted to fix thing. Moreover, Jennie had lost her memory, hell she might didn’t even remember James at all. Mrs Kim seems to not saying anything about her another son to Jennie when she still under care.

 

“Why you look at me like that? You don’t agree with my decision?”

 

Chaeyoung scoffs at the rising tone from James, this is why they’re not in pace. James is hot boiled guy that always treat Jennie like piece of his anger push over.

 

“I’m not saying anything. I just worried you know, you sure you can restrain your anger now and treat her like a good brother exist?” Chaeyoung asks with care.

 

James sighs but nodding as he’s persistent with his decision. James glances over Chaeyoung, “Mmm, I heard from mom you know. About your identity as Chaeyoung now”

 

Chaeyoung nods, she closes her eyes for second, before focusing at James again. “Yeah, for Jennie’s sake”