Chapter 21

It's still her

Chapter 21

 

 

Rose walks to Jennie who’s sitting on the long leopard couch at the living room. Today is the last day they stay at Tokyo so Rose thinks to have a nice walk with Jennie. Jennie was reading a fashion magazine and Rose slowly make her way sitting beside Jennie.

 

“Jennie” She calls to get Jennie’s attention. Jennie seems to be occupied with her read that she’s not spare a glance at her. Rose knits her eyebrows, she realises that even Jennie had gained her memories but her attitude is changing. She’s still Jennie but only her way in treating Rose is different.

 

Jennie seems to be a little bit distant and not treating her like she used to. Rose afraid that her heart might change as well.

 

“Jennie” She calls again and this time Jennie turns to her but with those warm eyes. Jennie might had treat her differently but her eyes still same. The way she looks at Rose is still same, the same warmth and Rose can’t say if it’s how her eyes are or that was just for Rose.

 

Rose observes Jennie putting her magazine away, looking at her with a small smile. “What is it?”

 

Rose bits her inner cheek, as a thought crossing her mind that maybe Jennie was mad at her. She had been lying at her for along the time she was in recovery. Rose didn’t want to, but she had to. She needs to search for the culprit and she thought with Jennie didn’t have memories about it would be the best way.

 

She cares about Jennie, care so much.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Jennie was taken back by her question. Smiling after, she says “I’m fine. Nothing is wrong… Rose” Jennie says with low tone.

 

Rose feels the hesitant of Jennie when rolling her name. Rose scoots closer at Jennie, their legs touching. Rose takes lovingly Jennie’s hand with both of her hands.

 

She pats Jennie’s hand, facing up to see Jennie looking down at their hands. “Don’t lie to me Jennie” Her tone was calm and encouraging, her thumb running on Jennie’s palm.

 

Jennie mumbles under her breath, “You should tell it to yourself first”

 

Rose surprised with that said, the thumb stopped running on Jennie’s palm. She looks at Jennie again and the brunette still with her face down, looking at their hands.

 

Rose sighs before start to rub her thumb on Jennie’s palm again. She smiles apologetic, “I’m sorry for lying to you. I just didn’t want you to remember me. I want you to forget me, forget about your hurtful memories. I’m so sorry if it made you upset. I can do nothing but saying that I’m sorry. It was hard for me Jennie, believe me”

 

Jennie faces up, staring at Rose’s eyes. “I’m not mad. I just hoped to believe on you”

 

“Then believe me, I care about you” Rose says with her warm and loving voice. Rose looks at Jennie lovingly. Her eyes drooped, hoping for Jennie to believe her this time.

 

“I want to believe you Rose… I want to but I can’t” Jennie avoids Rose’s loving stare.

 

“…why?” Rose ducks her head low at Jennie’s level, searching for Jennie’s eyes. “why?” She asks again as she sees the eyes of her beloved Jennie.

 

“There’s no proof that I can believe you” Jennie answers as she faces up again, leaving Rose follow after her, as they drew their heads close. They stare at each other again.

 

Rose defeats at the sentence but she won’t give up. “Then let me have a chance to prove it”, determination heard from her tone.

 

Jennie sighs, shaking her head, “You know Rose, I was always give you a chance. Even though you left me twice and I can’t stop you even though I literally was begging at you. Thinking again, I think it was for the best.”

 

Rose shakes her head, feeling a tug at her chest when those words came out from Jennie. She didn’t say anything, she waits for Jennie to finish her words. Because right now, Rose might fail to persuade Jennie.

 

She prepares for the circumstance. She had hurt Jennie enough. Hearing from Jennie about the things she had done made her heart ache in pain. Why did she do that?

 

“I always give you chance Rose… and I would give you that chance again” Jennie says, smiling at her.

 

Rose shocked at the words, her eyes brimmed with tears. She scrunched her back forward, her head felt heavy as she lets her head landing on Jennie’s thighs… tears dropped from her eyes. “Thank you… thank you so much Jennie.”

 

Rose stares at Jennie’s coffee eyes before her eyes dropped at Jennie lips. She looks back at Jennie and Jennie changes their hands, intertwined its instead. Interlaces their fingers. Jennie nods at her, giving her permission to kiss her.

 

Rose wipes her tears with her free hand. She draws closer to Jennie and their lips met. When their lips meet, sparks and fireworks really did work in their heads.

 

They have been longing to each touch. This time, tears rolled down from Jennie’s eyes. Tears of happiness.

 

They settle at the couch in silence, staring at each other. Their knees touching, Rose’s left hand intertwined with Jennie’s right hand. While their other hands supported their head leaning onto the back couch.

 

Rose smiles like lovingly at Jennie, running her thumb on Jennie’s soft hand. Jennie chuckles, “Are we going to keep staring at each other or what” Jennie asks with a tease tone finding they both being ridiculous right now.

 

“Why not” Rose answers lowing her voice make it sound alluring.

 

“You’re not being serious right” Jennie rolls her eyes when Rose giggling in front her, really didn’t take it seriously.

 

“It’s okay, I didn’t prepare for whatever we will doing today but I do think to take a walk with you in this city”

 

“So, let’s go! Why not!” Jennie exclaims, but Rose stops her from standing up. Rose smiles seeing a frown on Jennie’s face.

 

“But you had went with the sly fox, so I don’t think it was a good idea”

 

Jennie narrows her eyes at Rose. “Who is sly fox?

 

Rose lets out an awkward chuckle, “I meant Lee Sooyeon. Hehe…”

 

Jennie shakes her head, knowing well that Rose might had cursing Sooyeon till the end. Jennie feels her stomach churning when Rose changed position, landing her head on Jennie’s things. Jennie smiles down at Rose, intertwining their hands again.

 

Rose smiles childly at her, before pointing out her lips toward her. Jennie shakes her head at the silly act, she bends her back, giving Rose a peck on the lips.

 

Jennie pulls over, lingering her eyes at Rose’s eyes before straighten her back again. “Jennie” Rose calls.

 

“Hurm”

 

“I need to prove you that I wouldn’t lying again. So, how about you ask me anything, and I would answer it sincerely.” Rose pats her chest looking up Jennie.

 

Jennie narrows her eyes at the blonde, “and how would I know that you’re not lying?”

 

Rose snorts, “Come on! I wouldn’t lie”

 

“Yeah, yeah Okay.” Jennie chuckles. She thinks about the questions she can ask. Jennie pats her chin, thinking. “I can ask anything huh?”

 

Rose nods, “anything”

 

Jennie points out her finger getting an idea, “How about… why did you agree to become my butler?”

 

Rose snorts as in the answer for that question is so obvious. “Because I love you and I want to protect you and I want to be with you always and I want—”

 

Jennie holds up her hand at Rose’s mouth, an awkward smile on her face. “N-No need to continue”

 

Rose smiles, pecking Jennie’s palm in front her. “Next question!”, Rose exclaims while fixing her position, landing comfortably on the couch and crossing her right leg on left leg.

 

Jennie thinks for a while, and her face turned sour. She looks down at Rose, “…why did you left 5 years ago Rose?”

 

Jennie had known the answer. She knows that Rose’s parents died because of an accident. A purpose one. So, Rose’s parents actually had been killed. Jennie feels a pit of guilt inside her stomach.

 

Rose’s eyes changed, to sad and vulnerable. “My parents died Jennie. Someone had killed them and what I know that they were the same ones that caused you as amnesiac. I wouldn’t forgive them Jennie. My parents died before even I can see them for years and I can do nothing except for crying. They told me it was a hit and run so that’s why I left for good from being an artist. I need to catch that culprit so I joined the police force.”

 

Jennie squints her eyebrows, “Police force? So… it’s means that you’re a police?”

 

Rose nods, “Yeah I am. I’m sorry. And that time I met Michalle, he helped me to join the special investigation on my parents’ case.”

 

“Michalle?”

 

“Yeah, Michalle that you have met him once and that time you accused me as his girlfriend. You were ridiculous at that time I don’t know what evil haunted you until you became like that.” Rose narrows her eyes at Jennie.

 

Jennie holds herself, her face might be red now, embarrassment all over. Thinking about it again, she was indeed being ridiculous but what can she does, she was jealous not her fault.

 

“So, tell me, why were you so mad at that time?” Rose playfully rising her eyebrow at Jennie. Jennie refrains herself from knocking Rose’s head.

 

“I just… mmm” Jennie timidly twirling her hair. She avoids from looking at Rose right now, “I just…”

 

Jennie didn’t realise that Rose had been smiling all over her face. Seeing the timid shy Jennie is rare and now is the golden time. Rose rises her head, pecking Jennie’s lips shocking the latter. They stare at each other, as their faces close an inch separated between them. They can feel each other warm breath slapping their faces. Rose looks down at Jennie’s lips, looking up after.

 

“Just what?” Rose’s voice came out low make it alluring and y.

 

Jennie gulps her saliva at their proximity and Rose’s voice make it worse. “mmm, just… I mean, I was j-jealous…” Jennie says timidly.

 

Rose’s eyes drooped hearing the confession from Jennie. Can’t hold it any longer and with Jennie being shy in front her, make it worse than ever. Rose pursues Jennie’s lips. Nibbling it as much as she can.

 

Rose Jennie’s bottom lip asking for permission and Jennie let Rose’s tongue inside . Rose roams her tongue inside Jennie’s mouth, she stops herself before going any further. She pecks Jennie’s lips before separating their lips.

 

Rose holds Jennie’s nape with her free hand, as in her other hand still intertwined with Jennie’s. Rose puts their head together, “You don’t need to be jealous, I always love you, only you”

 

Jennie smiles, staring at Rose’s brown eyes, “You’re mine Rose”

 

Rose rubs her thumb on Jennie’s nape, “I’m yours”

 

They close their eyes, savouring the moment. Rose’s mind drifted to the moments where Jennie and Lisa went date. She saw they kissed and Lisa said to her that time Jennie had recovered her memories. So, why she let Lisa kissed her?

 

“Jennie”

 

“mmm”

 

Rose sighs before separating their closed bodies. Rose rises from her landing position to sitting beside Jennie. Rose squeezes their intertwined hands. Jennie squints her eyebrows at the unsmiling Rose looking at her right now.

 

“At the time you went with Lisa for date, after you came out you have regained your memory, right?”

 

“I am”

 

Rose sighs, blinking her eyes twice, before focusing on Jennie again, “Then, why you let Lisa kissed you?”

 

“Did you follow me at that time?”

 

“Yes, and it’s not the case right now. I was protecting you so that’s why I need to be close to observe you. I just afraid something might happen to you Jennie. That’s why I tailed after you”, Rose explains.

 

“No, it’s okay. You don’t need to explain actually, I understand. And for your question… I’m sorry Rose… actually—”

 

Rose lost when she heard the sorry word from Jennie. She stands abruptly, stopping Jennie from finishing her words. “Let’s go”

 

“Where?” Jennie is kind of shock of the abruptness but she let Rose pulled her. Rose pulls Jennie walk outside the house.

 

“Anywhere”

 

Rose pulls Jennie to the front yard. Rose sighs in relief seeing the sight of black Vespa of hers on a truck.

 

“Miss Rose Park?” The driver of the truck asks her. Rose nods and signs the paper.

 

After done, Rose climbs on the Vespa, “What are you doing standing there, come here, ride with me”

 

Jennie walks to Rose on the Vespa, she glances over the Vespa, “Err Vespa?”

 

Rose rolls her eyes, seeing Jennie frowning, “Yes, Vespa what else”, she pats seat behind her, “ride on”

 

Jennie follows Rose, climbing on the Vespa behind Rose. “Vespa though?”

 

Rose chuckles at Jennie, “I like antic Jennie and Vespa is my favourite, I’ve been dying to have this, but it’s hard to find one. Gladly, I found it in Tokyo.” Rose starts the engine and giving Jennie a white helmet as Rose got herself a black one. “Here.”

 

“Thanks” Jennie wears the helmet over her head.

 

“Ready? This baby can go slower than a turtle, you might surprise” Rose jokes while her body bend over as in she was ready for a race.

 

“Yeah. Whatever” Jennie dismisses.

 

Rose rolls the Vespa onto the roads. And Jennie might agree that this Vespa is slower than a turtle, as if the turtle is here, it might walks pass us on this road. Jennie glances over Rose in front her, “You didn’t let me finish my words a while ago?”

 

Silence. Rose seems to take her time to answer. Instead of answering her, Jennie hears, “See the view

 

Jennie turns her head to the right side, seeing blues and greens. The blue clear sky over river and the green of trees beside the river. They are currently on a bridge road and the sight under the bridge is breathtaking.

 

“It’s calming” Jennie found herself saying.

 

“I agree” Rose says.

 

Jennie hums, smiling at the view. Naturally, she puts her arms around Rose’s torso. Her head landed on Rose’s back, cheeking on it. Jennie intertwined her own hands on Rose’s stomach. “It’s calming” Jennie whispers.

 

“Jennie”

 

“mmm”

 

“Do you still want to know the answer?” Jennie realises Rose referred to her about our last conversation at the house.

 

“Of course, I want” Jennie straighten her back, to put her chin on Rose’s shoulder to hear Rose clearly.

 

“Because it doesn’t matter”

 

sorry?” Jennie asks again as she isn’t clear with the answer.

 

“Because it doesn’t matter. No matter what your answer, I’ll pursue your trust again Jennie. I’ll chase after you till the end of the road. Till you can’t go anywhere anymore, but at me. Whatever your answer, I wouldn’t give up on you. I want you. It’s always you and it’s still you

 

 

Flashback

 

“Jennie please, give me a chance. I didn’t ask you for a second chance or more, but a chance. Only one chance” Lisa begged to Jennie. Kneeled in front her in the ferris wheel.

 

Jennie sighed, “I’m afraid that I can’t”

Lisa stood up, sitting beside Jennie, “Just let me, you don’t need to be afraid of hurting me or what. Just let me. After what happened, you know what was the best right”

 

Jennie sighed at that said, yes, she knew well what was the best but still letting Lisa in, might hurt the latter more than she ever had done. “You know what Lisa, just do whatever you want. Okay, I give you the chance but I warn you Lisa, I might can’t give you what you want”

 

Lisa smiled, reaching for Jennie’s hand, “It’s okay. I know I can change it”

 

“I’m afraid you can’t”

 

“Why you so confident that I can’t change that. We can’t predict what would happen in the future Jennie. Or is this because of Rose again?” Lisa asked narrowing her eyes at Jennie. She didn’t like her assumptions somehow, even though she knew well.

 

“You know it’s her. It would be always her. It’s still her”