Chapter 16

It's still her

Chapter 16

 

 

Michalle has been informed that the hostage of hit-and-run of Rose’s parents had been safely transferred to a famous unit forensic in Japan.

“Yes, they had. But something seemed wrong. They said the hostage brain didn’t show any reaction to Yang Hyun Suk picture.” Heard through his phone.

“Do you mean that the hostage didn’t know CEO Yang?” He assumes.

“Yeah. Maybe the hostage didn’t meet with CEO Yang personally. Might be someone else under him. He must be hired a lot of people.”

He thinks for seconds, ‘there only a person that has a possibility to the crime but it merely reach 10 percent based on the evidences’.

“I think you should do with another suspect” Her recommends. A gasp heard on other side.

“Did you mean her… You know that she’d free from our suspicion.”

“Just do so”

A message showing up on his phone, “Ian I talk to you later. I’ve got a message”

Opens the message,

 

1 New message

Someone had put a tracker on her phone.

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung heads back home with a way to approach Jennie with honesty. What Jisoo told her had open her eyes that Jennie must really need someone beside her that she can believe at. After she entered the house, she sees Jennie sitting in living room, watching tv.

 

Chaeyoung walks to her, bows “I’m home”

 

“mmm” Jennie says without lifting her head from the screen.

 

“Can I sit beside you?” She asks out of manner as a butler.

 

“mmm” She hums and nods giving permission for Chaeyoung to sit beside her. Chaeyoung sits beside her on the couch, joining Jennie watching some kind of drama.

 

They actually enjoy watching the drama. A scene came up where the lead male character sacrificed himself to save his lover. They don’t utter a word while watching the drama, both seem engaged with the drama. Chaeyoung glances at Jennie beside her.

 

“What do you think?” She decides to break their silence moment.

 

“What?” Jennie asks back, her eyes still on the screen.

 

“That scene, what do you think about it?” Chaeyoung starts again, asking Jennie about her opinion.

 

Jennie glances at her with a knowing nod, focusing on the drama afterwards, “I don’t know, it’s kinda sad, but I think I don’t like it.” Jennie watches the after scene where the lead character in hospital bed with lot of wires around him. He’d lost lot of bloods out of the accident.

 

Chaeyoung nods, “Then, what do you prefer? Are you hoping for happy ending?” it’s seem that Chaeyoung wants to start an empty talk but deep down, she knows she really looking forward for an opinion from Jennie. She realises that even though they’d known each other for years but she never considered about what Jennie want.

 

Jennie shakes her head for the question, “No, I’m not hoping for a happy ending but I might say the guy is fool, why would he do that? I don’t understand why people choose to sacrifice themselves because of love. Ain’t it foolish act?” Jennie finishes her sentence with a sigh, she keeps watching the drama.

 

They both stay sitting on the couch, neither of them want to leave. Chaeyoung takes her time before letting out her opinion, “I don’t think it’s a foolish act”

 

Jennie averts her attention to Chaeyoung, “What do you mean?”

 

Chaeyoung glances toward Jennie, before throw her attention ahead to nowhere. Digging up her answer from the bottom of her heart “They were scared. We scared to lose the one that we love so that’s why lots of people choose to sacrifice. Rather than live in dismay, they choose to run away far from that”

 

Chaeyoung stops before continuing, “Then the boy not a fool, I might say that he just afraid to lose her”

 

Silence, the only sound radiate around the room is voices from tv. For minutes after, Chaeyoung feels intense stare from beside her. She turns to Jennie, seeing Jennie still looking at her with unreadable expression.

 

Chaeyoung stares at Jennie’s eyes that were staring at hers too. “You look sad”

She gives a mere smile to Jennie, not bothering to hide her emotion.

Chaeyoung feels Jennie’s fingers wipe every tear drops. She closes her eyes, feeling the soft fingers on her face. “Did it remember you about him?”

 

“Him?”

 

“Yes him, the love of your life that you once said that you still love him”

 

“oh him…” Chaeyoung realises that they were actually talking about Jennie herself. Chaeyoung feels Jennie’s hands leaving her cheeks, letting her continue her words. Chaeyoung averts her eyes from Jennie. “maybe… it’s always her” Chaeyoung mumbles the last words.

 

Jennie seems to not realise that she used ‘her’ instead of ‘him’, “Chaeyoung” Jennie lets out a serious tone. “How did you find out that you love him?”

 

Chaeyoung recomposes herself kinda shocked with the question. She glances for a second toward Jennie, “I don’t know, I just knew it. I don’t know the specific time or what but I knew it when I start to always missing him. He kind of always in my head everyday”

 

“mmm” Jennie hums at the answer. Chaeyoung turns toward Jennie, seeing Jennie spaced out. “Why did you ask?”

 

Jennie jolts and Chaeyoung get her attention, “Nothing… it just” Jennie lets out a sigh, “I just want to find out about myself maybe. Lately, I’m a bit confused about myself. I’m confused with my feeling toward Lisa…”

 

Chaeyoung smiles, “There’s nothing to feel like that, Lisa loves you and…” Chaeyoung finds herself to get a strength to say, “You both literally going out”

 

“Did I really love her before?” Jennie asks. Chaeyoung totally averts her attention from tv to Jennie beside her. Jennie’s eyes still fix on the tv.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Can I believe you Chaeyoung?” Jennie folds her arms on her chest.

 

Chaeyoung roams her eyes on Jennie, before bravely taking Jennie’s hand that folded on her chest. She squeezes Jennie’s hand, and it gets Jennie’s attention. “Can I do this?”

 

Jennie stares at their hands before looking at Chaeyoung’s eyes. She nods slowly, squeezing Chaeyoung’s hand back.

 

“Then, believe me. Believe me, I’ll always hold your hand. I got your back” Chaeyoung smiles softly at Jennie, her eyes longing looking at Jennie.

 

Jennie reciprocates her smile awkwardly as she feels her heart beating fast. ‘Why I feel like this?’ she thought.

 

She clears , pulling her hand away from Chaeyoung’s hold. “How your meeting with your friend?”

 

Chaeyoung smiles not offending at all with Jennie broke off her hold “Everything is good. I think I’ve missed her a lot. It’s been long before we’re not seeing each other. It’s nice seeing her again”

 

Jennie nods, “Do I know her?”

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head, “You don’t know her”

 

Jennie nods, her mind drifts. After a moment she hears Chaeyoung breaks the silence, “I heard that you always had bad dreams at night, have you talk to doctor?”

 

Jennie nods, she always took her medicine before sleep because of that. “I had. He gave me pills but I feel weird about it. The dream I mean”

 

“What do you mean, what about it?” Chaeyoung asks her.

 

She puts her mind together, she needs to believe Chaeyoung at least for this, “It’s always about a girl named Rose. I can hear her voice and it seems that it was me calling after her.”

 

She stares at her hands, waiting for Chaeyoung answering her, “Did you see her face?”

 

She shakes her head, thinking that it would be better if she notices Rose’s face. She turns to Chaeyoung beside her, “Did you know her?”

 

Chaeyoung seems to battle with herself with her question. “Did you hide something from me Chaeyoung?” Her voice becomes distant.

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head, “I’d answer your question for that. I don’t know her”

 

Jennie sighs, what did she expect from Chaeyoung anyway.

 

“Where did you went today Miss?”

 

 

“Nothing important just meeting friend” Jennie answers rather fast.

 

Chaeyoung nods, “Looks like you’re making lot of friends”

 

Jennie doesn’t know what to reply with that said, Chaeyoung made her confuse with her monotone saying it. Maybe she just saying. So, Jennie just shrugging.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Michalle looks around Kim Mansion before focusing on the blonde in front her. They were sitting in living room.

 

“So, what did you got?” Chaeyoung asks. Michalle had reported to her about new information.

 

“There’re lot of bodyguards than last time I came” Michelle avoids to go straight at the point.

 

Chaeyoung sighs, “Yeah, after Mrs Kim didn’t back home, she got more bodyguards.” Chaeyoung gives a look at Michalle. They stare at each other, giving silent conversation.

 

Michalle signals to main door with his head toward Chaeyoung. The blonde knows right away. Chaeyoung nods.

 

They settle at a café that not that far from the mansion. They made sure that no one following behind.

 

“So, what is it now?”

 

Michalle sighs, “I think you’re right Rose”

 

Chaeyoung rises her eyebrow, a recognition down on her face, “So, you mean that another person really involved” It’s sound not as a question anymore.

 

Michalle nods, “One of my man had check on his picture, and turned out the hostage gave a no signal to Yang picture”

 

Chaeyoung slumps on her chair, wiping her face “Oh gosh, I really hoped for my intuition is not truth, because almost all of our evident showing for him”

 

Michalle sighs, he still feels bad when he told Chaeyoung to throw away her phone. “So, did you throw it?”

 

Chaeyoung sighs “Yeah, I need to. The suspect must be someone near or most worst if they are actually inside the mansion”

 

 

“I’m sorry but after knowing this we need to investigate more, but still don’t do anything before we have a tough evident” Michalle warns.

 

Chaeyoung glares at Michalle, “Of course, what do you think am I, I’m not stupid

 

Michelle shrugs, “Who knows, we all know that you’re head over heels to Miss Jennie” teased Michalle.

 

Chaeyoung scoffs, “That doesn’t bring anything to that.”, whined her.

 

“Look at you, you not even oppose it. Geez” retort Michalle.

 

“Shut up.” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, and mumbling “There’s nothing to disagree”

 

Michalle smiles, his eyes trails to Chaeyoung’s arms that seem toned than before. “Seems like you practice a lot” referred Michalle to Chaeyoung toned arms.

 

“Yeah, a little bit” Chaeyoung keeps her lips thin, her mind drifted. She was thinking about Jennie behaviour lately. She knows that Jennie is hiding something from her.

 

“Rose?” Michalle calls after the blonde, snapping from her thought.

 

“mmm”

 

“What are you thinking about?”

 

Chaeyoung sighs, “Please call me Chaeyoung, I still under that identity.” Chaeyoung pinches the bridge of her nose. Letting it go after, “Jennie being weird lately. I think she may know something about me.”

 

Michalle scrunches his eyebrows, “What do you mean? Know about you… about you as a—”

 

“about Rose” deadpanned Chaeyoung.

 

Oh” Michalle doesn’t think any wrong about it. “There’s nothing to afraid of, she just wanted to know about Rose, I mean you’re her lover—”

 

“was.” One again Chaeyoung deadpanned.

 

Michalle sighs, “You still love her right, there’s nothing wrong for her, if she knows you”

 

“You don’t understand Mich, I want her stay out from the memories, from Rose, those just bring a bad thing to Jennie” Chaeyoung lets out a grumpy sound.

 

“Relax Chaeng, I mean, there’s nothing to lose, I think you should help her…” Michalle trails as an idea came up in his head, “Wait a minute! I think this may be a good idea and the only way!”

 

Chaeyoung jolts forward from Michalle excitement, “And what is it?”

 

“Help her regain her memory”

 

Chaeyoung lost at the idea, “and why is it have to be that way?” Michalle stares hard at Chaeyoung as they communicate with minds once again. Then, Chaeyoung’s face seems to drown the information.

 

Michalle raises his eyebrow playfully as Chaeyoung seems to realise it also. “Now you know. Only Jennie saw the suspect face. She’s the only victim that still alive”

 

Chaeyoung stay silence as the idea is make sense now. “Oh”

 

“Oh, of course… that’s only word you said after all the idea I poured. Okay, right now, that’s the only way. She’s the only way. We need her memory when she was attacked. If it’s true that Yang is the only one, we may hurry to catch him. We all know that he’s not far”

 

Chaeyoung nods, “I’ll try” determined Chaeyoung. But deep down, she still afraid of the consequence. “But Mich, I think I need someone to help me with this”

 

“Who is it?”

 

“Lisa”