chapter 5

It's still her

Chapter 5

Now

“Hello”

“Miss Lisa, I don’t know if this is bad news or good for you but Rose family mansion, Mr Park mansion had been sold out to someone else.”

“What? So, what about her parents? Where they’re living?”

“Unfortunately, Miss Lisa, they’re gone. Died in accident, car crash, hit-and-run. The culprit is not even being catch, but the investigation has stopped. They said it was a request from one of the family.”

‘One of the family, it means it either Rose or Alice-Unnie’ Lisa thought, clutching her phone. The more information about Rose the more shocked she is. ‘Rose has lost her parents, that’s why she seems so lonely.’ A pity overcome Lisa reducing her anger toward the blonde in Jennie room right now. The scene Rose and Jennie on same bed still hunting in her head like a venom.

“So, that’s all?”

“No. not yet, there is a thing you need to know miss. Actually, we know the culprit, he was hired by someone but it’s not going to be easy because the one who paid him is Korean. So, the person must be not in Australia now, but we have visa so do you want us to investigate after it?”

Lisa thought for it, ‘Who’s the culprit? Why she killed Rose parents?’

“Yes, investigate it”

Lisa off her call, hearing a click sound from Jennie room. Then, it reveals the tall blonde closing the door, and turns that eventually facing Lisa. The blonde stops buttoning her shirt when her eyes met a pair of cold eyes staring sharp toward her.

Lisa clutches the blond collar, pulling Rose close to her “What did you think you’re doing huh?” Lisa grumbled under her breath, she pities at Rose but she also mad at her. What she knows now, she wanted Rose explain what happening between her and Jennie.

Rose holds Lisa hands on her collar, stopping Lisa from chocking her. “Let’s talk at somewhere else, not here, Jennie still sleeping”

Lisa let go of Rose collar in aggressive way, but Rose still has a calm expression on her face that now annoying Lisa.

They went to a café that not so crowded with people with their own car. The hell Lisa will go together with Rose, seeing the calm face on her face had made Lisa blood risen. Better they take their own car.

They sat face-to-face in the café, with two cups of coffee and brownies in front of them. Lisa stares hole at Rose face, while Rose still with her calm face.

Rose: Ehem, author-shi please stop it.

Me: Stop what Rose-shi

Rose: Stop write that ‘calm face’ thing you know how hard is it for me to keep the calm face when I’m hurting now!!! Look at Lisa here, I think she hold herself so much not to punch me because didn’t want to ruin your story. If this in real life, I think I’ll be dead in Lisa hand.

Me: I’m sorry! I’ll stop now! (Bowing 90 degrees)

Let’s back to the story

… while Rose still with her calm face. (Me cough). Lisa take a sip of her coffee and slumps her back on the chair. “So, are you and Jennie…” Lisa take a breath, she needs strength. “…slept together?”

“Yes” Rose answered without hesitation. It’s not Rose intent to hurt Lisa feeling but it was what happened, it’s what the thing that happened that now clearly Lisa had saw it.

Lisa remind back the moments between Rose and Jennie, the way they look each other, the way they smile, the way they had their moments, it all answered now, its like they are in love with each other. So, the one who Jennie had been like is Rose.

“Then, are you both together?” It hurt Lisa heart, what is Lisa hoping for Rose answer, ‘No’ or ‘Yes’? Lisa doesn’t know, think it again, both answers hurt Lisa. Lisa will hurt if Jennie hurt, if they didn’t together then Jennie must be hurt. If they’re together then Lisa will be hurt because of her feeling toward Jennie.

“No, we aren’t together. I’m leaving, today is the last I’m here in Korea.” The answer made Lisa explode.

“What?! Then why you slept with her?!” Rose flinched at the remark, but recover herself immediately.

“We just have…fun”

Have fun

The remark made Lisa snaps, the answer echoes in Lisa head. Rose made her lost patience, Rose had pour oil on burning woods. It causes a huge fire in Lisa. Lisa stood up and clutches Rose collar tightly, her hands trembling because of anger flow in her body. She really wants to struggle Rose at the moment.

“What did you say? Have fun?! Are u kidding me?! Jennie likes you, you hurt Jennie. You hurt her again, you always hurt her.” Lisa said under her breath, she’s really mad at Rose now.

“Then, you heal her, that’s what you always capable to” Rose replied, Lisa pulls Rose as close as she can with the table as a barrier between them. Eyes boring in Rose soul, she clutches her teeth.

She lost her parents

Hit-and-run accident

Lisa hisses, let go of Rose collar from her hold harshly. “You know what Rose, those all thing, you deserve it” Lisa walk away, satisfied with Rose expression changed to hard and broken face. Lisa leaves Rose in the café. Rose clutching her hands firmly into fist. Her knuckles turned white, she lost her strength, slumped her on chair. “I think you right, I deserve this”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie visits her mother mansion, Mrs Kim Mansion, it was a big three floor mansion with two escalators. One to Jennie’s room and another one to her mother room. Those rooms not cross with each other, so Jennie hardly seeing her mother in the house. The house for Jennie is awfully quiet, hard and cold. What a house if you’re not feeling warmness in it? What a house if you not feel safe in it? What a house if there are no laughter echo?

Jennie live with her mother after her father died when she was ten. At that moment, they live at New Zealand but moved to Korea after her dad died. That year was a hard time for Jennie, she not only lost her father but also her best friend Rose. However, they met again but just to separate again. Jennie is tired, tired to hope for Rose to be on her side forever, tired in waiting for Rose. So, she let her go, this time Jennie promised to let Rose go. Jennie reminds Rose words

Please, be happy, happy without me”

“I promised Rose, I promise to be happy without you” Jennie let her tears run down her cheeks, she clutches the old frame with Jennie and Rose photo in it when they were ten years old. Then, she tosses it in a box and put it in her bottom drawer.

Knock, knock

“Miss Jennie, Mrs Kim calls for dinner” Her maid informed.

Jennie wipes her tears, “coming!”

 

 

The dinner was awful, silence engulf them, only the sound clinking from spoon and knife heard. It was always like this, eating with her mother like eating with a completely stranger that doesn’t have mouth.

“You’re not contacting that girl anymore right?” Her mother asked, it seems today is different.

“It has been years, I’d not think about her anymore” Jennie lied, she’s still in process to forget Rose and last night was the last time they met.

“…okay then” Then here it again, silence. Jennie had a question for her mother, it had been always a same question.

“Actually mother, why you so hate to her, why you hate Rose?!” This day, Jennie let it out. Let it out from her mind. Her mother lifts a brow, analysing her daughter attitude, shouting in front of food.

“Ehem,” Her mother signing her maids to leave them alone.

“Okay here, I really don’t like your attitude today and the answer for your question is that girl deserve it. That’s all you need to know.”

Jennie stopped to protest after her mother lift her palm. “Believe me Jennie, you don’t want to know it.”

Jennie disappoints with her mother, “Then, answer this, why are at my apartment that day? The day when Rose left me? Is it because of you, she left?” Jennie need to be brave today, she needs the answer.

Her mother raised her eyebrow one more time, “I thought you said that you’re over her?”

“I am!”

“Then, what with the question about her?”

Jennie fidgets with the question, “I just curious you know”

Her mother sigh, “She…” Her mother glances toward her daughter curious face, “…yes, I told her to leave.”

Jennie looks at her mother with huge eyes, “Why would you do that?”

“I told you, she’s bad, she not deserves you, moreover you look at her different than a friend, so-“

“So what?! I’m gay mother, you knew it! Are you homophobic? I didn’t recall you mad at me for the first time I got a girlfriend in high school!” Jennie stood up with her both hands slammed dining table.

“Don’t be rude Jennie, I’m still your mother” Jennie snorts, she really mad at her mother now. She never raised her voice to her mother, she really scared at her mother but right now, she can’t hold it anymore. She needs an explanation about her mother relation with Rose.

Mrs Kim sigh again, “I’m not homophobic or what, I don’t care if you gay or not, you can love anyone but not that girl. You understand, now, no more question.”

Jennie stomped away from kitchen, for now, she can’t face her mother anymore. Mrs Kim watches her daughter out from the kitchen, leaving in disappoint.

“One day, you’ll understand.”

 

 

 

 

Lisa had been informed that it was Alice that wanted to stop the investigation, and they informed that because Alice wanted to let her parents go in peace. However, there is an information that catch Lisa interest, her CEO Yang is Rose’s mother’s ex-boyfriend. So, they’ve known each other.

“What the meaning of this meeting, why you want to meet me Lisa?” CEO Yang sat in front her. Lisa had asked CEO Yang to meet at Starbuck, and here they are with smoothies on the table.

“Okay, I’ll go straight to the point. If I ask you, promise me to not be mad”

“You made me nervous you know, okay, I promise.”

Lisa inhales and exhales her breath, “Okay here, was it real that you were Rose’s mother’s ex?”

CEO Yang chocked with his own saliva, “H-how did you know?”

Lisa got the answer, “So, it’s real” She mumbled and continue “Do you know that Rose parents have died?”

CEO Yang chocked again, “W-what?! When?”

“Two years ago, I can’t believe you don’t know it.” Lisa narrows her eyes.

“No, I don’t know. After Rose left Blackpink, her parents never contact me, and neither did I” CEO Yang sad expression made Lisa hesitate to tell CEO Yang about the cause of their death or not.

“How? How they died?”

Lisa ended up telling CEO Yang all the information she got, she believes in CEO Yang.

“So… do you know someone that possible and capable to do this?” Lisa asked about the culprit who bumped Rose parents.

CEO Yang recalls for someone possible, there just a person, “I don’t know if I should tell you this, but the only person who I think is… Jennie’s mother, Mrs Kim”

Lisa stood up, stare down at CEO Yang with shock, “N-no no, why did- no, she won’t, why would she?!”

CEO Yang sigh, pull Lisa down back. “I know you will react like that, but actually there is something you guys don’t know.” CEO Yang look around, “Actually…”

CEO Yang told Lisa that Jennie’s father died years ago because of Rose. He rescued Rose from an accident, and that was the reason why Mrs Kim hold grudge toward Rose. Lisa doesn’t believe it. But the only way to know is bring Mrs Kim to the hired man. The hired man who is the culprit of the accident. He must know the owner who hired him. Lisa also made a report about the case in Australia station.

Lisa remember her last conversation with CEO Yang,

“Does Rose know about this?”

“Yes, she know”

‘If you know why you didn’t do anything Rose?’ Then a scene refreshing in her mind, the scene when she confronts with Rose at a café.

“You know what, you deserve all those thing”

Lisa regrets, regrets that she said it. ‘No, it’s not, it’s not your fault Rose. I’m sorry’ Lisa want to apologize but it’s too late, Rose had fly over countries. She doesn’t know Rose well been now.

 

 

 

 

Lisa called Jennie to meet, Lisa had decided to not tell Jennie about Rose, about Rose parents. She doesn’t want Jennie to feel hurt again. She won’t let Jennie hurt again, not now that Jennie had move on from Rose.

After Rose left, Jennie had been better, she’s more open up to her now. She never declined her offer to meet. Lisa likes it, like the change in Jennie. They’ve spent more times together nowadays.

Lisa calls Jennie,

“Hello Jennie-unnie!” She greets excitedly, too loud that made Jennie on other side grimace in pain shot through her eardrum.

“Yah, Lalisa! You hurt my ear”

“I’m sorry Unnie… I’m just excited” Lisa grins, showing her full white teeth.

“Geez, what are u so excited about?”

“Jennie-unnie let go to fun fair tonight?”

“Haha, are u asking me for date Lisa?” Jennie jokes, but Lisa blushed to the remark. She still has heart toward the brunette but never mention it again after the rejection.

“Haha, why not right.” Lisa replied with joke also, but she means it.

“…then, let’s date then” How wrong Lisa feel right now, it’s feel like it was not a joke, but it was a deal right, even with joke Lisa can claim it is for a date right?

 

 

 

Lisa and Jennie went for a date, at fun fair. Lisa is really excited to be out with Jennie in this place. Lisa and Jennie walk side-by-side, arm brushing each other that send sparks in Lisa stomach. Lisa wants to hold Jennie hands but hold it back. She won’t make Jennie feel uncomfortable.

Lots of murmur can be heard, the people recognize them as a singer, both of them.

“Is that Lisa? Wow I like her so much”

“But I like Jennie more!”

“Jennie is more beautiful in person”

The murmurs made Jennie refresh her date with Rose,

“Let’s run after three”

“1…2…3 run Jennie-unnie!”

“It’s so difficult to have a date with famous person”

Jennie smiles at the memory.

Lisa and Jennie walk ahead not spare any glance toward people, they just want to enjoy their moments. Lisa asks Jennie what did she want to do first. Then, Jennie can’t help but compare, compare between her date with Lisa and her date with Rose. How different both of them, if Rose, she will attack the food court now without asking her first but Lisa not like that. Jennie feel the kindness in Lisa but she doesn’t know, if she could love Lisa or not. She doesn’t want to hurt Lisa.

“Lisa, let’s play game!”

Jennie holds Lisa hand and run toward game centre. They both engulf with hit-car game. They both laughing at each other, crushing over each other car. After that they play dart throw, they made a bet. A loser had to buy foods for both of them.

“Yess! I win Lisa! Go buy some foods”

Lisa scowl, pull herself toward food stall to buy foods. Lastly, they ride ferris wheel. Jennie was really excited to ride it. They both enjoy the view up here. Their cubicle at the top position at this moment.

Lisa stares at Jennie, ‘she smile again, her gummy smile is showing again’ Lisa feel happy because she’s the reason for Jennie smile now. Lisa braving herself to reach for Jennie hand, squeeze it. Jennie didn’t reply for the hold nor pull it away also. She glances toward their join hands then avert her eyes toward Lisa eyes.

“Would you give me a chance Jennie-unnie?”