chapter 8

It's still her

Chapter 8

 

“Jennie Kim has diagnosed having amnesia, her mother, Mrs Kim has cancelled her contract as a singer. Mrs Kim said that Jennie Kim will return as a singer when she fully healed. Netizens wish for Jennie Kim health.

YG Entertainment has been replaced with a new CEO, Lalisa Manoban, who’s known as a singer and dancer under YG Ent. Lalisa replaced Yang Hyun Suk, with the help of Mrs Kim.”

News about Jennie and YG Entertainment overloading websites. Polices still searching for Yang Hyun Suk as a suspect in trying to kill Jennie Kim.

 

In a closed room, with lots of bookshelf, there are two women sitting on a long brown sofa. One of them with blonde hair reading a book while observe the other girl beside her with brunette hair in concentration writing pieces of work from a random romantic book. Jennie has to practise writing again because her writing skill had been lacking causes from amnesia. Chaeyoung asked her to copy the words from romantic book because Chaeyoung said she liked romantic story. Jennie also found that she enjoys reading the romantic book.

“Arrgh, my hand fell numb,” Jennie sighs in pain, she looks at her side, “Butler, can we stop now?”

Chaeyoung looks at her handwatch, “no, it only surpassed half hour, you still need to continue this for thirty minutes more”

“Look here butler, you can’t force me here, I’m your master.” Jennie points out to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung shakes her head, “But, your mother personally asked me to observe you in practise.” Chaeyoung raises her eyebrow.

Jennie thinking for a way to argue back, “Arrgh” Jennie screams in annoyed, “If I’m checking having a broken arm, is you who to blame at” Jennie glares at Chaeyoung.

“Don’t worry, I’ve been writing all day but nothing like that happened” Chaeyoung replied sincerely.

Jennie mouth hang open in her mind, ‘This girl, seriously?!!!’ Jennie rolls her eyes secretly, “Such a pain in the ”

Chaeyoung looks sceptically at Jennie, “I’m sorry, did you say anything Miss?”

“nothing,” Jennie focusing on her work again, “Butler, get me a glass of water” She told to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung obliged, get a glass of plain water to Jennie. “Miss, here the water”, Chaeyoung extends the glass to Jennie.

Jennie stares at the glass then looks at Chaeyoung, “I don’t want this, I want a cold one”

Chaeyoung nods, bring the glass to change the water with a cold one in freezer. While pouring the cold water, Allen come into view. Allen raises an eyebrow, “Chaeyoung, who are u going to give that water?”

Chaeyoung glances for a second while answering, “For Miss Jennie”

Allen knits her eyebrows, “What happened with Miss, in this chilled weather?”

Chaeyoung shakes her head, “I don’t know, she asked me to bring it”

“Let me do that, it’s a maid job” Allen volunteer herself but just to be declined by Chaeyoung.

“It’s okay, I got this” Chaeyoung walks to the study room. Holding the glass dearly in her grip. Chaeyoung sees Jennie hardworking with the copying the book. Chaeyoung shows the glass in front of Jennie.

One again Jennie looks at the glass, her eyebrows knitted, showing that she isn’t satisfied with what she saw. “I want the water with cube ices in, not like that, only water!” Jennie scolds Chaeyoung for her unprofessional work.

Chaeyoung bows, “Let me get another one”, Chaeyoung holds the glass firmly in her grip.

Allen heard that, heard Chaeyoung get scolded by Miss Jennie. Allen just in time wanted to check the study room, but stopping in holding the knob when she heard the scream.

“Let me do that Chaeyoung, you shouldn’t do this” Allen tries to take the glass but Chaeyoung don’t let her. Chaeyoung shakes her head, “Don’t worry I’ll be fine doing this, moreover she asked me not you”

Chaeyoung stubbornly get another drink with cube ices in it. Chaeyoung takes it to Jennie and this time Jennie accepted it without saying any words. However, she not drinking it, she let the water on the table. Ice cubes melting, but Jennie not bothering to touch it.

Chaeyoung looks at the water in silence. She’s sad that Jennie not even bother to drink it.

For a week, Chaeyoung help Jennie in practising writing. Along the week, Jennie never been nice to Chaeyoung, she keeps asking Chaeyoung to do that to do this, scold at Chaeyoung when she’s not satisfied with her work. While Chaeyoung, she obeyed every command from Jennie. She did what she has been asked to with patience, never she talk back.

Allen who’s observed, can’t do anything, she can’t do anything when it come to her employer, Miss Jennie. Jennie is strong woman, just like her mother. But, for years Allen being Kims maid, never she’d seen Jennie being this cruel to someone. She’s been awful cruel to Chaeyoung.

She treats Chaeyoung like a slave. Like her slave.

 

 

 

 

In a gloomy room, with black and white walls, a beauty brunette on the bed in deep slumber. Sun rays through the tinted window, brighten the room. Jennie is not sleepy head but last week, she overworked herself, learning about her world. Jennie had scroll about herself in internet and hell man, she’s famous. This morning, Jennie really need her sleep.

Jennie had kick out every maid that waking her up, she doesn’t like it, she need her sleep. Maids walk out from her room with puffy eyes, who like to be scold at right. Chaeyoung sees the scene, approaches Jennie room.

“What happened Allen? Why those maids cry?” Chaeyoung can’t help but asking the head maid.

Allen shakes her head in disappointment, “Miss Jennie scolded them because waking her up”

Chaeyoung also shakes her head toward Jennie attitude, it’s like her rude attitude is back. Jennie is rude but Jennie had been less y after joining Blackpink but after she diagnosed amnesia, she has been like the Jennie again. That y girl.

“Let me do it” Allen didn’t forbid Chaeyoung.

“Miss Jennie, please wake up” Chaeyoung nudges Jennie shoulder but just to get it slapped by none other than Jennie. Jennie tosses her body on the other side. The gesture force Chaeyoung to lift Jennie comforter away from Jennie body. Jennie exposed to a cold air.

Jennie eyes snap open, she’s ready to scold whoever dare to do it. “What are u doing?!” Jennie scolds at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung just put her straight face, “Get up Miss, you won’t like what I’m going to do if you didn’t go down and have a breakfast with Mrs Kim now” Chaeyoung said in monotone.

Jennie stood up, “If I don’t, what you’re going to do? You’re not in place to tell me what to do. You just my butler, and a butler duty just obeying her master command.” Jennie humiliating Chaeyoung.

In swift, Chaeyoung piggybacks Jennie, holding Jennie thighs tightly on her both sides. Chaeyoung walks outside the room, rushing to go down to dining table.

Jennie squirms on her back, “Yah, how dare u, let me down!” Jennie yells all the way until they in the elevator, Jennie put her all weight on her right foot, made Chaeyoung let her down. Chaeyoung was tired, her arms arching in pain holding Jennie in place.

“Don’t you dare to do it again” Jennie stares coldly at Chaeyoung. When the elevator reached it level, Jennie rushes forward to dining table in the kitchen. Chaeyoung messages her muscle, “I don’t realise that Jennie this heavy”.

Chaeyoung sighs, it’s been a long time she hasn’t witness the cold Jennie. She need to be used to this kind of treatment.

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie walks to the kitchen through the living room. Jennie holds her chest, ‘Why my heart beats so fast when she holds me?’ Jennie put her hand to her side when she sees her mother, sitting on her chair, the round table in front her. Jennie sits on a chair opposite her mother. There just two of them but the foods, like it served for hundred people. Maids line up beside them.

“What are u looking at Jennie?” Her mother asked her.

“Did it always like this? Like,” Jennie glances toward the line maids, “did they always observe we eat?” Her mother looks at what Jennie refence at.

“Yes, don’t worry, you’ll be used to” Jennie nods. Jennie doesn’t know why but she afraid, afraid to talk back to her mother. Her mother seems cold to her.

After dinner, Jennie had been told that Lisa would come in afternoon by her mother. Jennie stares outside a big window in the living room. Her house yard is really beautiful, filled with trees, carpet grass and flowers. Whoever organised this must be an artist. Jennie doesn’t know if she likes art or not but she realised that she’s into fashion. She really likes watching fashion show.

“It’s beautiful right?” Jennie glances at her side, and sees Allen. Jennie nods as an answer, she averts her eyes forward again.

“Chaeyoung is who did this” Allen explained. Her eyes filled with admiration toward Chaeyoung work. Jennie nods again, ‘She must be genius in art’. Jennie and Allen stay in silence, admiring the green yard.

“Look there’s Chaeyoung” Allen points to outside, to the blonde who’s spraying water from hose onto the flowers. Jennie steal a look toward the source but it turns to stare. Chaeyoung is not wearing formal outfits, she was wearing a plain white shirt with a dark blue sweetpant. Chaeyoung seems in concentrate with watering the flowers. Her eyes full with love and care, ‘she must really like flower’, Jennie didn’t realise she was reading Chaeyoung.

“She’s lovely right?” Allen gives compliment. Jennie wants to agree but then, the scene from this morning flashing in Jennie mind.

“I don’t think so… she dares to lift me on her this morning” Jennie rolls her eyes.

“Well, if you know her better, you will realise that she was lovely” Jennie didn’t show any response, Allen continues “but poor her”, it does catch Jennie attention, Jennie turns her head toward her maid. ‘Why she said it?’

“Poor?” Jennie is mad, she doesn’t know she was being protective toward Chaeyoung.

“Her parents were killed, two years ago.” Jennie shocked at the information.

“You just a butler, and a butler duty is to obey her master command”

Jennie sighs, a rush of guilt overcome her. All these week, Jennie never treat Chaeyoung in better way. Jennie doesn’t know why she acts too cruel toward Chaeyoung. ‘What did Chaeyoung do to her that she can’t stop hurting Chaeyoung?’

 

 

 

Chaeyoung saw that Jennie was staring at her, she feels her palm sweating. Being observed by someone you like is something nerve wrecking. Chaeyoung acts as she hasn’t realised it but she can’t help to smile when Jennie averts her eyes toward Allen.

Chaeyoung saves the hose back in place. She walks inside the house just to be greet by a cold pair of eyes. Chaeyoung closes her eyes and take a breath, she walks toward Jennie, “What I can help you Miss?”

Chaeyoung asked in respect, bows curtly toward Jennie. “No, nothing, I want nothing, but in hours later Lisa would come so I need you to prepare us two cups of coffee. Is it clear?”

Chaeyoung nods, “Clear” Chaeyoung hold herself from showing any hurt expression. ‘Lisa is her girlfriend now, and you’re not Rose now, you’re Chaeyoung, her butler’ Chaeyoung set in her mind.

“and Butler” Jennie turns her head over her shoulder.

“Yes, you need anything Miss?” Chaeyoung asked, staring straight at Jennie.

“Stop bowing at me—” Jennie glances toward Chaeyoung eyes, “—I don’t like it” Jennie turns away, leaving Chaeyoung alone in the living room.

 

 

 

 

Lisa indeed came to her house, Jennie was engulfed in a hug when she opens the main door. Jennie doesn’t know what to do. Lisa is her girlfriend, so she must not feel uncomfortable right, so, as a girlfriend, Jennie reciprocates the gesture by put her arms over Lisa body as well.

Chaeyoung sees the scene, she holds her emotion ‘you can do this’, Chaeyoung make two cups of coffee, just like what Jennie ordered. Chaeyoung make a dark latte coffee for Lisa but she not making coffee to Jennie but a cup of tea. Chaeyoung volunteer herself to serve the drink to the couple.

Chaeyoung puts the drink on the table in front of the couple, Chaeyoung excused herself afterward but still catch Jennie eyes on her. “Enjoy”, Chaeyoung walks back in kitchen.

Jennie watches Chaeyoung back until she out of her sight. “Oh, Chaeyoung still remember my favourite” Lisa exclaimed gesturing toward her coffee. Jennie stares at her tea, there are words on her mug. You don’t like coffee, so I made tea. Hope you drink it.

Jennie takes a sip of her tea, it was delicious, it mix well with her test. Jennie holds the mug, stares at the words again. She knows she has been cruel to Chaeyoung last time, asking Chaeyoung to get a drink when in fact she’s not even want to drink it.

“What are you thinking about Unnie?” Lisa asked her, Jennie shifts her attention toward Lisa, “huh?”

Lisa chuckles, she takes Jennie mug away from Jennie grips and put it on table. “What are u thinking about? You seem in deep thought”

Jennie catch ups what Lisa asking about, “No, nothing important” Jennie shakes her head. Lisa looks at Jennie sceptically but decides to shrug it off, Lisa tells about her story as a new CEO in YG Entertainment. Telling Jennie how she used to be a singer under YG Ent.

Jennie seems fond toward the younger, she even laughs at Lisa joke. Chaeyoung smiles looking at the couple behind the wall in the kitchen, ‘Jennie looks happy with Lisa’, after the accident, Jennie hardly smile.

 

 

Before Lisa left, Chaeyoung had ask Lisa, about Yang Hyun Suk being, and Lisa said it’s still nothing. Chaeyoung sighs, she stares blankly at blue water in a swimming pool outside Kim mansion. Chaeyoung hears a cough beside her, in reflex Chaeyoung turns to her side, seeing Jennie stood in front her with a straight face. Chaeyoung wants to bow but Jennie lifts her palm stopping Chaeyoung.

“I told you to not bowing at me” Jennie said. Jennie glances toward the pool, “What are u doing, staring at the pool?”

Chaeyoung shrugs her both shoulder, “it was one of butler duty” Chaeyoung mumbles quietly, but Jennie heard it. Jennie wanted to take it back her words but her egoistic holding her from apologize. “and for staring at the pool, I just like it, it helps me, giving a piece of peace.”

Jennie starts to undress herself starting Chaeyoung, “What are u doing Miss?!” Chaeyoung freaks out, her heart beat rising at the thought she will see Jennie exposed body.

“What u think, of course to swim in that pool. You know a swimming pool not to staring at but to get soaked in it.” Jennie now left with a black bra and underwear, give Chaeyoung a lot of skin to enjoy watching at. Jennie jumps into the pool, enjoying the feel of the cold water wrapping around her body.

Chaeyoung grimaces at the feeling, “It must be cold”, it made Chaeyoung shivering at the thought. Jennie shakes her head “It’s not that cold, come in here” Jennie flops in and out the water. Jennie sprays the water in out. Jennie looks at Chaeyoung, gesturing her to join her in the water in which Chaeyoung shakes her head rapidly in response.

“Come on Chaeyoung, join me and this is a command” Chaeyoung gives in at the last said. Chaeyoung starting to pull off her white shirt and jeans, leaving her in white bra and underwear. Chaeyoung walking awfully slow for Jennie, lost her patient, Jennie pulls Chaeyoung by hand splashing into the water.

“Oh my god! It’s—” Chaeyoung covered in cold feeling of the water but weirdly, it kind of nice to feel the cold. Jennie smiles at Chaeyoung, “It’s nice right”, Chaeyoung captivated by Jennie smile. Jennie’s smiling in front her.

“You’re beautiful” Chaeyoung didn’t realise she said it aloud but seeing Jennie blushing face in front her, it confirmed that she said it aloud. Chaeyoung fix in awkwardness, “I-I mean you always beautiful then I-I just—” Chaeyoung stops her mumbling when Jennie apologize to her.

“I’m sorry for what I’m saying this morning. I mean you’re not wrong in waking me up. I’m sorry”
Chaeyoung can’t believe what she was hearing but she saves the moment in back of her mind. She wants to savour this moment. Jennie is red now, embarrassed with her words. Jennie sees Chaeyoung smiles sheepishly toward her, and Jennie hate it.

Jennie splashes water to Chaeyoung, soaked all Chaeyoung body. Chaeyoung choked at the unexpected water coming toward her, she sees Jennie giggling. “Miss, I think it inappropriate to do to her butler” Chaeyoung stated while point out to her body soaking.

Jennie laugh even more, “I-I can do anything, Butler” Jennie holds her stomach, laughing out aloud. Suddenly, a splash of water coming over her, it’s Jennie turn now choking with water. Chaeyoung laughs looking at glaring Jennie.

“Now, that’s inappropriate Butler!” The water fight begins, they keep splashing water toward each other, giggling while shouting to each other.

Allen watches the silly fight between her employer and Chaeyoung, smiles. “They really cute together”

“They really are” Allen shocked at the sudden intrudes, Allen turns to her side and expertly bowing, “welcome home Mrs Kim”

Mrs Kim watching the scene in the swimming pool, “This is first time, I saw that kind of Jennie. She’s never smile like that in my observe”

Allen nods in agreement, “I think their love is that strong”