chapter 6

It's still her

Lisa drives her car to her favourite café Blink. She really likes the beautiful aroma and the taste of her favourite coffee mocha. The café is ordinary like other café but it welcome less people so it’s easy for Lisa in disguise.

“As usual please” As usual, Lisa ordered Dark Latte Coffee.

She takes her favourite spot, near the window. She likes watching hustle and bustle the city, Seoul. Sun rays through the window glass, lighten the cafe. It was a nice morning.

“Give me time to think”

That was a second time Jennie rejected her, but yesterday, Jennie words proven that she gave her a chance. A chance to pursue her heart. “I’ll prove to you Jennie, I can be better than Rose”

Her phone buzzing,

Unknown number

‘Who is this? Should I pick it up?’ Lisa decides to answer the call.

“Hello”

“……”

“Hello?”

“…..”

“Excuse me, if yo—”

“Don’t interfere, or not someone you love…die” The guy voice sends chill all through Lisa body.

Thud Thud Thud , call ended.

A deep guy voice, ‘who is that? What does he mean? Someone I love?’ Lisa stares at her phone. Lisa phone buzzing again, screen lighten up showing Jennie name.

Jennie

Jennie

So, the villain is not Jennie’s mother because she won’t kill her own daughter. Relief wash Lisa but it vanished after realising that Jennie might be in danger.

“Someone you love…die”

Lisa clutches her phone, she was trembling because of the threat. Gathering her strength, she answers the call.

“Lisa”

“W-what is it Unnie?” felt dry.

“…Why are u stuttering Lisa, are u okay?” Jennie asked, worries heard in her voice.

“I’m okay” Lisa fix . Then, asking Jennie what she was doing, and they end the call with a good farewell.

Lisa stares blank at her phone on the wooden table, joining her hands tightly, Lisa is afraid something happened to Jennie. Lisa think for a way to rescue Jennie from any harm.

“This is all my fault, if I’m not so interest in Rose life, this won’t happen” Lisa slams the table.

Rose

Lisa decides to call Rose, to tell her about the threat. ‘Does she still use the same number?’

Lisa shrugs it off, push a green button on Rose name, calling her.

First beep

Second beep

Third beep

“Come on, come on Rose pick it up” Lisa grumbled while clutching her teeth.

Fourth beep

“Hello” A man voice heard on other side, ‘It’s not Rose’

“I’m sorry, wrong number” Lisa feel dejected, she thought it was Rose. Lisa moves her phone away from her ear, swipes the red button, end the call.

Lisa sighs, “Absolutely, she had change her phone number, Lisa Lisa, what you were thinking?” Lisa facepalm.

Lisa slams her body on the chair, letting all her weight on the chair. Her phone buzzing for a third time today, didn’t bother to see who the caller, she answers the call.

“Hello” Lisa greets.

“Lisa” A deep and soft voice greets her, not ordinary woman voice but Rose voice. Lisa beaming.

“Rose!! Oh thank goodness” Lisa straighten her body, leaning forward.

“Why did you call me?, that was my friend answered the call”

“Oh, mmm” Lisa fidgets with her fingers, she forgot that she doesn’t left Rose in good term. There ere many things Lisa want to say but she has to tell Rose about the threat.

“Rose listen up, I know we not in good term but now it’s about Jennie”

Rose listens well to Lisa, from A to Z, from how Lisa invest with Rose parents case, and end with telling Rose about the threat.

“W-what! Are u stupid?! Why you interfere with my life?!”

“Okay okay, I’m sorry, but right now the most important thing is about Jennie safety.”

Lisa heard a sigh on other side, “Okay, first thing I need to do is back in Korea, and what you need to do is stay away from my life Lisa, understand?”

“B-but—”

“No but, if you want to protect her, then stay far away from my life. If you want to be with her, stop the investigation.”

“Okay”

 

 

 

 

 

Lisa and Rose meet at Lisa apartment the next day. Rose just landed in Korea minutes ago, and went straight to Lisa’s. Rose came to Lisa apartment with her friend.

“This is Michalle, a friend of mine and an inspector from Australia.” Lisa bows at him and shaking his hand.

“I thought the case of Rose parents were drop.” Lisa asked to both of them.

“We did it secretly, because every information we got never lead us to the culprit, it always misleading, so we thought they know about our investigation. That’s why only a few of us taking care of the case.” Michalle elaborated that their investigation always led to Mrs Kim.

“I know I made a mistake by involving myself in this case but it happened to me too, it leading to Mrs Kim, and it was ridiculous.”

“I don’t know, but we’re sure it not Mrs Kim because she got an alibi at the time the accident happened” Michalle continued.

“Mmm, Lisa, what has you found that you thought it was Mrs Kim?” Rose asked while leaning herself toward Lisa over a coffee table between them.

“I know that Mrs Kim husband died while save you from an accident.” It catches Rose ear, huge eyes staring at Lisa. Michalle also has the same expression.

“You told me Mrs Kim husband, killed himself” Michalle asked Rose in shock.

“I lied, it was a secret between me and Mrs Kim” Rose stood up and holds Lisa shoulders.

“H-How did you know?” Lisa has a weird feeling as why Rose reacted like that.

“CEO Yang told me” Lisa said nonetheless.

“Then, how did he know?” Michalle and Rose asked in unison, Lisa fidgets in her words.

“Well, he—” Then, it come to Lisa, “Oh my god! So… CEO Yang”

 

“Catch CEO Yang Hyun Suk in YG Entertainment now!”

Michalle, Rose and Lisa drove to YG Entertainment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie drives her car toward YG studio, she has to record her voice for her new song this month. Jennie never thought that she can forget CEO Yang, but it has been years so Jennie decided to forgive him and accept his offer to have a duet with his artist. Jennie parks her car in a garage. Jennie rides elevator to fourth floor, and walks along the way to CEO Yang room.

Jennie knocks the door.

“Come in”

Jennie gets in the room. Jennie never has been in CEO Yang room before, and the view in the room is out of words. The wall painted in purple, all purple colour with lots of frame on it. Jennie never fond of purple colour because she always found it give negative chi.

“Please sit, Jennie” CEO Yang gestures to the sofa in front of him. Jennie sits on it, still her eyes wondering over his room.

“I like purple” CEO Yang said. “Sorry if it bothering you”

“Oh, no no, not bothering at all” Jennie lied. It was bothering her, she really doesn’t like it. Jennie averts her eyes toward CEO Yang but a frame catches her eyes behind CEO Yang head, on long cabinet. It was a photo of CEO Yang in Brazil.

“Have you been in Brazil?” Jennie asked out of curious, ‘why would he went to Brazil?’

“Yes, actually, I went there out of boredom and that’s where I found purple is interesting.”

Jennie raises an eyebrow, “Why would it?”

CEO Yang stares hard on Jennie eyes, boring into her eyes. Jennie feel weird feeling, goosebump over her skin.

“It was because it means for…

 

 

 

 

Death”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie laying on hospital bed lifeless, Mrs Kim clutches her daughter hand softly beside her. Tears rolled down on her cheeks.

Lisa and Rose watch the scene outside of the room with the name JENNIE KIM on side of the room door. Unfortunately, at the moment they reach YG Entertainment, Jennie found bleeding head laying on floor of Yang Hyun Suk room. CEO Yang was nowhere in the place. He had run away.

Lisa stumbles backward and hit her bottom on a long bench there. Head down, she cries, let out her tears welled up in her eyes, she blames herself for what happened today. “It was my fault, if I’m not involve myself in this case, she w-would safe”

Rose bites her lips hard, she was the root of this, if she wasn’t in this world, nothing of all these things happened. If she wasn’t born, Lisa will be happy with Jennie now, if she wasn’t born Mrs Kim husband wouldn’t be killed.

Mrs Kim slides the door open, seeing two broken girls in front of her. Her daughter had been diagnosed has head injury. She must be attacked from behind. However, it relief that nothing major injury found.

“I’m sorry Mrs Kim” Rose in knees in front her, begging for her forgiveness. Mrs Kim sigh, then signalling Lisa to leave them alone.

“What are you sorry at Rose?” Mrs Kim clutches her teeth. “I told you, stay away from her, stay away from her, look what have you done!!! This what I’m afraid of!”

Rose bows her head on the floor, in front of Mrs Kim heels. “I’m really really sorry Mrs Kim, I know that I’m not qualified to be forgiven, just tell me what to do Mrs Kim, I’ll do anything” Rose begging.

Mrs Kim stares down at Rose, “You know why I hate you Rose?”

“B-because I am the reason why your husband died, and now I—”

Mrs Kim shakes her head merely, “It was because it’s you, why you so selfless?! Your selfless attitude annoyed me. Can you think about yourself more! Can you be more selfish! Don’t let people step on you! If you want to fix this, fix yours first”