Chapter 12

It's still her

Chapter 12

 

Chaeyoung paces in front of Jennie’s room early in the morning. She had to waking up Jennie to have breakfast with Mrs Kim but the scene of yesterday keep refreshing in her mind. She is nervous at the thought of seeing Jennie, she just can’t stop herself to have hope with Jennie.

 

“Okay Chaeyoung, you shouldn’t feel this. Be professional, and go waking her up. Yeah, I can do this”

 

Knock Knock

 

“Miss Jennie, are u awake?”

 

No answer. Chaeyoung twists the door knob and surprisingly it’s not locked. She looks into the room, seeing Jennie in deep slumber. Her eyes closed, slightly agape letting out a soft snore. A silver duvet over her body. Chaeyoung smiles at the cuteness of her employer.

 

Chaeyoung glances at a curtain in the room, covered a window in the room. She walks to the curtain, opening it widely. Sunrays through the window and kissing Jennie on the bed. Jennie grimaces at the brightness, slowly opening her eyes while groaning.

 

“Who the hell opened the curtain?”

 

“Me, Park Chaeyoung did it Miss Jennie. Now you’re awake, please get ready to have breakfast with your mother, she’s waiting downstairs.”

 

Jennie groans once again. She glances over Chaeyoung and poor Chaeyoung as her heart start to beat faster. Seeing Jennie abs exposed when she raised her arms, yawning.

 

“Mmm, let me wash my face first” Jennie groggily climbs down the bed and vanish into the bathroom. Chaeyoung waits for her employer outside her bedroom. Holding her chest for a while to calm herself.

 

“Why am I being like this?” Chaeyoung sighs, “This is all because of her, why would she had to tell something nonsense yesterday”

 

“What are you mumbling to yourself Butler Park?” Jennie’s distant voice snapped Chaeyoung from her thought.

 

“Oh, nothing miss, should we go now?” Chaeyoung used formality because Jennie seems to give her cold shoulder. Jennie looks at her for once, then nodding as she leads the way.

 

“You shouldn’t wait for me. I can manage” Chaeyoung hurts ‘cause clearly Jennie being distant toward her right now. ‘Do they had come to first base back? Not as a friend, completely as employer-butler?’ Chaeyoung sighs at her thought.

 

“I have to, that’s my duty”

 

“Yeah, that’s your duty but you must not forget that your duty also to obey at my words. So, right now, I tell you not to wait for me every morning. Understood?” Jennie glances over her shoulder, looking for Chaeyoung’s answer.

 

“…Understood”

 

Jennie nods, continuing her walk. As they reached downstairs, Jennie halted in her way. “Oh, one more thing, starting from now, you’re forbid to enter my room. Just ask a maid to wake me up”

 

Chaeyoung wants to oppose Jennie but the latter didn’t even give her chance. She had lift her legs, straight to dining table.

 

Chaeyoung proceed to the kitchen, preparing for Mrs Kim tea. Her mind filled about her only employer that can make her world upside down.

 

“Why am I still effected? I thought I’d completely over her… I thought I’d completely accepted the fate that I’m only her butler. Oh, Chaeyoung… you need to focus for your reason being here only to protect her.”

 

Fixing her shirt, she takes the teapot to dining table.

 

“This is your tea Mrs Kim” Chaeyoung smiles respectfully at the head lady.

 

“Thanks, Chaeyoung” Said Mrs Kim after Chaeyoung poured the tea in her cup. Jennie only observed silently in front of her mother. As her mother start to eat, she’s obediently enjoy the breakfast.

 

Unlike yesterday, Jennie is quiet, awfully quiet. Chaeyoung glances over at Jennie, seeing Jennie play with her sandwich.

 

“Something bothering you Jennie?” Mrs Kim voices out at her quiet daughter. Jennie seems lost, lifting her head questioningly at her mother.

 

Mrs Kim sighs, “Something bothering you?” She asked again.

 

“Oh, no, nothing… but mother, I’ve something to ask you” Jennie puts down her spoon in her plate. Her eyes eagerly stare at her mother.

 

“What is it?”

 

“mmm, did you ever know someone name Rose?” She asked, her eyes unwavering on her mother.

 

Mrs Kim fazed at the question. She’d expect this moment to come but not this earlier. Mrs Kim glances at Chaeyoung, who also seems shocked with the question.

 

“No, I don’t know the person… why did you ask? Someone told you?”

 

“Oh, no. No one told me, it just… I keep having a dream about the person. And it scared me as I seem to get effected by the dream. It just felt so real, like it’s not even a dream. It felt like I’m actually talking to her, touching her.” Jennie runs her gaze from her mother’s. Her eyes drift away.

 

“mmm, maybe she’s in your past” Mrs Kim answer shocked Chaeyoung. She can’t understand why Mrs Kim telling her daughter that.

 

“I think so…” Jennie lost in her thought, then continuing “Mother, can you help me finding her?”

 

“Why? What do you want to do if we found her?”

 

“I… I just want to meet her. Maybe she’d an answer as why I keep dreaming about her”

 

“Okay, I’ll help you. But don’t have a high hope about it, I might can’t find her” Jennie beams at her mother answer. She really eager to meet Rose, the only one who keep bothering her sleep, her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung swallows her saliva at the thought of Jennie found out that Rose is her.

 

“Don’t worry, I’d ask Lisa for deleting your information as Rose in entertainment. It takes time to find out about you as you lived in Australia” Mrs Kim whispered, and I never feel that relieve ever in my life.

 

“Thank you, Mrs Kim”

 

“Don’t thank me, I should be the one to thank you for taking care after her all of these times. I failed to be a good mother to her.”

 

Chaeyoung pities at Mrs Kim, actually Mrs Kim is not bad. She just being protective toward her daughter until she didn’t realise that made her daughter sad.

 

“You shouldn’t thank me Mrs Kim, I’d hurt her a lot. And Mrs Kim is not a bad mother. A bad mother never thought herself as a bad mother. Otherwise you’re a good mother, no one is perfect Mrs Kim” Chaeyoung said heartfully.

 

Mrs Kim smiles at the genuine words from the blonde girl. The one who she’d despise all along of her life but now had become the person that she fond the most.

 

“I should go first”

 

“Have a good drive Mrs Kim” Chaeyoung bows at Mrs Kim, sending her to a black shiny Mercedes.

 

“Thank you”

 

Chaeyoung sends the car departed, she turned around and see Jennie standing at the door frame.

 

“Miss, do you want something?”

 

Jennie shakes her head as a no to the question, “I don’t want anything. I just want to say that later I’ll go out with Lisa.”

 

Chaeyoung nods, “Do you want me to accompany you?”

 

“No. No need, you just stay here” Jennie turns around, “mmm, you can go out if you want” then she walks into the mansion.

 

“mmm, should I?”

 

Chaeyoung decided to take a walk around the mansion. She walks to her favourite place, the green park that she’d designed at the first time she moved here. This mansion has a big yard that Chaeyoung couldn’t restrained herself from decorate it with green grass, flowers.

 

Chaeyoung pulled a hose behind the mansion, and spray it to bunch of small trees there. Chaeyoung smiles looking at the beautiful scenery. It become more beautiful under the sunlight.

 

“Chaeyoung! There you are!” Allen voice stopping her from her activity. Allen runs toward her with a panic face.

 

“What happened Allen?”

 

“You should go inside, Miss Jennie, she—” Without hearing the complete sentence from Allen, Chaeyoung rushes inside through the back door. She stumbles at the door, as she scared something happened to Jennie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why you’re not telling me first?!”

 

“Why should I?! You’re my girlfriend Jennie, I have own you!”

 

“I’m not owned by anyone! You just being so obsessive now! You just need to tell me first before taking me to meet your parents. Is that hard to do so?” Jennie slumped on a couch in the living room.

 

“Oh, then what? You’re going to oppose my decision, right?” Lisa snorts. Jennie pinches her nose bridge.

 

“Lisa, please I’m tired to fight with you”

 

“Then, don’t! You should know that this won’t happen if you’re not always talking about the butler of yours” Lisa crosses her arms on her chest. Jennie thinks again as why they had come to this far. They not a perfect couple but they don’t always bicker with each other. They always have a way to settle in peace.

 

“This had nothing with Chaeyoung!”

 

“Oh, look at you Jennie, now you call your butler by her first name” Jennie holds her head, really can’t with Lisa anymore. Lisa is not like this, even though she’d forgot about her past but all these times they’re together, Jennie learned that Lisa is a patient girl and kind. But, right now, all the personality of her is vanished. It seemed that Jennie faces with another person.

 

“Why you being like this Lisa?” Jennie shook her head, slumping her back on the back seat.

 

“Like what?!”

 

“Like you’re afraid. You’re being insecure with Chaeyoung”

 

“Oh, please not her again! I’m not feeling any insecurity with her!” Lisa defended herself.

 

“You know what Lisa,” Jennie stood up, storming at the main door, open it wides “Just get out”

 

“You don’t right, you don’t just kick me out right?” Lisa uncrosses her arms, letting its beside her.

 

“Unfortunately, I am” Jennie’s hand unmoved, gripped on the door knob.

 

“You really testing my patience Jennie!” Lisa walks to the door, palming to the door “We’re not done yet Jennie, you would marry me as soon as possible. You heard me?”

 

Jennie pushes Lisa outside, closing the door on Lisa’s face. Letting out a long sigh, she slides down on the door. “Oh Jennie, what had you get yourself into?”

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung witnessed all the scene, she feels guilty as she was in their fight. Chaeyoung walks closer to Jennie who was sitting on the floor. The latter had her head on her arms. It must be hard for Jennie to look at her, maybe that’s why she being so distant this morning.

 

“I’m sorry” Chaeyoung did not know what she should tell to Jennie but she need to say something. That’s why in the end she asked for apologize.

 

“It had nothing to do with you Chaeyoung” Jennie rises from the floor, stand on her feet. She wipes dried tears on her cheeks. Her body drained of energy because of the fight. Her mind seems to cannot be function anymore at the moment, she just wants a good rest. Not bother to look at Chaeyoung, she starts to walk, avoiding Chaeyoung in her way.

 

“Jennie…”

 

“No. Just leave me alone.”