Warmth

Bright nights and dark days

*Jinsol POV*

'You'll do great, I'm sure! I'm glad to hear you'll stick around. Don't hesitate to ask me for a ride every once and a while, okay?' I nod and smile at Jungeun's mom. She's too kind to me.

Jungeun yawns and puts down her cup of tea. It's been a long last day of school for her. 'Jungie.' I nudge her softly as she nearly sinks into me. I only get a soft groan in return. 'We should get to bed.' Grunting, she nods and crawls into my lap. I can't help but chuckle lowly and kiss her head as I wrap my arms around her tightly. 

'I'll leave her in your care, Jinsol. Have a good night.' Miss Kim gets up after kissing her daughter's head. I smile up at her softly, happy that I'm more comfortable around her. Jungeun remains stuck to me so I decide to just pick her up and carry her to her room. She clings to me tightly as I pick her up bridal style. Her breath is warm on my neck, making me shudder. Boris yawns and pads after us lazily.

Once in her room, I gently try to lay her down but she won't let go. 'Jungeun, you need to get in bed.' She simply pulls me down. I manage to stop myself from falling on top of her entirely by using my arms. Gasping I stare at her sleepy features. She's too beautiful for this world. I blush as she flutters her eyes open.

'Jinsol?' Gulping, I manage to sit up more, her grip on me loosening. 'Yes, my love?' Her big brown eyes bore into mine. Jungeun's hand reaches out for me and I find myself involuntarily leaning into her touch. I relish in the way her fingers trace along my jawline, up to my cheek and finally come to rest in my hair where she gently rubs into my scalp. Closing my eyes at the feeling for a moment, I feel her pull me closer again. By the time I open my eyes again, I'm already face-to-face with her, only a breath's width apart.

'I love you.' Blushing, my lips stretch into a wide grin. She returns the smile ever so brightly before I lean in, to pepper kisses all over her face. With every kiss on her flawless skin, a mumbled 'I love you' leaves my lips, causing her to giggle sweetly.

'Jinsol, that tickles.' I chuckle and stop my assault on her face to look her in the eye. 'I really do love you, Jungeun.' Nodding, she pulls me into a sweet kiss. Melting into her, I end up having to hold my weight over her by my arms again as she tries to pull me closer. 

'Jungie...' I sigh softly as she quickly moves from my lips to my neck, digging her nails into my sides and pulling me closer on top of her. Using my strength, I pull myself away enough to stop her. She looks at me, slightly out of breath, lips plump and pupils blown.

My heart aches as I pull out of her hold and sit on the edge of the bed. We agreed to take it easy but she makes it so hard sometimes.

'Sorry, Sol...' I shake my head as she sits up and scoots closer, resting her head on my shoulder. 'Don't be. You know I want to take our relationship further just as badly as you do, baby. But let's take our time, okay?' Jungeun nods and tilts my head back to her. Her smile is sweet and understanding. 'I'm willing to wait forever for you, you know that.' She kisses my cheek and that's all I need to burst out into a smile and pull her into a tight hug.

'Same here. Besides, I wouldn't want our first time to be 2 doors away from your mother.' Whispering into her ear as she giggles, 'Who knows how loud you might be, after all.', Jungeun is effectively flustered and starts playfully slapping me.

'Haha, ok, ok, I'm sorry. Dammit, Kim, you can throw quite the punch.' Sticking out her tongue she moves to her closet to grab pyjama's for us both. Staring after her, my heart tingles in that peculiar way it only ever does when I'm around her. 

 

* * *

 

*Nobody POV*

Jungeun sighs as she walks onto the campgrounds. She wasn't necessarily in the best mood since Jinsol had to leave early that morning to visit the university with Sooyoung to settle their applications. Jungeun had to stay over at her own home and now walk to her job alone. Grumpily kicking at some pebbles as she walks, Boris waddles next to her slowly. 

'Jungeun!' Jiwoo smiles and runs over to her friend, hugging her tightly in greeting. 'Hey, Jiwoo.' Frowning, Jiwoo lets go. 'Miss her that much already?' Jungeun blushes and shrugs. Jiwoo chuckles and pulls her along to their designated cabin for the day. She misses Sooyoung too of course but also knows she'll be back soon enough. Besides, they need to get used to seeing them less for when they actually start attending their classes.

'They assigned us to the arts and crafts corner today so I thought we could make pretty flower crowns!' Jungeun nods absently. Sighing, Jiwoo hopes her friend's mood will get better once they start working with the kids.

* * *

Frowning, Jinsol looks at her phone. Jungeun is calling her but Jinsol knows she's supposed to be working with the kids at the summer camp right now. Sooyoung looks over before patting her on the back. 'You take that call, I'll run past the office to check if I can start moving my things next week and if I know who my roommate is yet.' Jinsol nods as Sooyoung walks away smiling kindly.

'Hello?' Jinsol frowns and holds the phone closer to her ear, making out the sound of playing children in the background and the familiar pitter-patter of Boris' paws. This quickly turns out to be a mistake as Jiwoo's loud voice nearly shatters Jinsol's eardrum.

'OMG THANK GOD YOU PICKED UP, JINSOL!' Holding the phone further away, she takes a shaky breath. 'Jiwoo?' 

'Yeh! Sorry, I know you would be more likely to pick up if it's Jungeun's name showing up rather than mine.' Sadly, Jiwoo is very right about that. Jinsol still struggles with properly talking with everyone. This was explained to the university as well and they made sure to notify her professors of it so they'd be more understanding. It helps that she can be around Sooyoung, as she found herself quite comfortable with the same-aged girl.

'It's okay. Is Jungeun okay?' All she could think about was why Jiwoo would suddenly call her and want her to pick up fast, resorting to calling through Jungeun's phone. Why can't Jungeun just call her?

'Yeh! Sort of... She's been grumpy all day because she misses you and it's messing with the happy camp mood. :(' Jinsol can't believe she could actually sense Jiwoo pouting through the phone. Biting her lip, she checks the time. Sooyoung should be back soon and they were going to surprise the girls with some cold drinks at the camp after since Sooyoung is driving them today.

'We ehm...' Jiwoo picks up on Jinsol's awkwardness and laughs. 'Sorry, I'll hang up. Now I at least know you're available to immediately reply to my texts! Say hi to Soo from me!' And with that, the bubbly girl hangs up as promised. Shortly after, Jinsol's phone buzzes.

Jiwoo: What did you want to say? Please help :( The kids are getting grumpy too...

Jinsol: Soo and I will be done soon and we were going to surprise you with drinks! Don't tell Jungeun, please! We'll be there soon enough. Just tell her I'll see her later! :]

Jiwoo: You guys are too cute! Thank you :3 See you!

Jinsol smiles at her phone. Now their surprise will work even better. She hopes Jungeun can hang on a bit longer. 

'What are you smiling at?' Jinsol jumps at Sooyoung's voice. She turns to her friend and slaps her shoulder. 'Jungeun misses me.' She shows her the text she sent to Jiwoo just moments prior. 

'Sounds good. You got everything done too, right? I can start moving next week and apparently got a single dorm room! Lucky me!' Jinsol chuckles and nods. 'Lucky Soo.' Laughing together, the girls link arms and make their way back to Sooyoung's car.

* * *

Jinsol holds a cup of iced green tea for herself and a cup of what she knows to be basically diabetes. Sooyoung had only laughed at the ridiculous order with triple the sweetness but also knows how much of a sweet tooth Jungeun is. Sooyoung is holding her own iced americano and a sweet strawberry milkshake for her girlfriend.

Walking up to the cabin Jiwoo told them they'd be in, Jinsol takes a deep breath. She's not the best with humans in general but especially kids. They all want to talk and play and get confused when she doesn't talk back. She also has a tendency of scaring them sometimes.

'Sooyoungie!' Jiwoo announces their presence loudly before rushing over to kiss her girlfriend on the cheek and taking her strawberry milkshake from her. Meanwhile, Jinsol notices that Jungeun is zoned out in the corner. The kids look up from their crafting tables and wave at the new girls entering the cabin. Jinsol awkwardly smiles and waves back.

Boris waddles up to her, tail wagging excitedly. He brushes against her leg and tries to push her towards Jungeun. 'I'm going.' She softly calms the dog with her words before walking over to her girlfriend slowly. Once in front of her, she sticks out her drink. Jungeun eyes the drink.

That's my usual. Wait, that hand... 

Moving her eyes up quickly, she meets Jinsol's smiling ones and quickly takes the drink from her and places it on the table next to her before launching herself forward to hug Jinsol tightly. Gasping, Jinsol tries to not drop her own drink, setting it down carefully next to Jungeun's before returning the embrace just as tightly.

'Hey, baby.' Jungeun whimpers against her shoulder. Frowning, Jinsol pets her head gently, combing her fingers through soft brown locks. 'What's wrong?' Jungeun looks up at her, eyes glistening and lips trembling. 'I missed you...' Jinsol caresses her cheeks gently, kissing her forehead. 'I missed you too, baby girl. I'm here now, okay?' The two end up embracing each other tightly once again. It doesn't last long though, as Jiwoo skips over to them, drink in hand.

'Guys, hate to break it up, but there are kids here.' Both stiffen and slowly break apart, opting to keep their hands linked as they quickly reach for their drinks to cool themselves down. Jiwoo chuckles at her flustered friends and skips over to the kids. 

'Time for a break! Let's take Boris out and get some fresh air, kids!' The children happily follow Jiwoo, Sooyoung and Boris out the door. Jiwoo winks at the couple behind them before moving out the door, mouthing a 'you're welcome' at them cheekily.

Jinsol chuckles deeply and leans against one of the tables. 'How did it go at university?' Jinsol purses her lips and nods as Jungeun moves to stand in front of her, playing with Jinsol's blouse buttons. 'It went well. They were very understanding about my speech issue. They'll notify all my professors before the semester starts.' Jungeun smiles and looks up at her. 'I'm glad. They better treat you well.' Laughing, Jinsol wraps her arms around Jungeun's waist, pulling her closer. 'Or what?' Hardening her gaze, Jungeun lifts an eyebrow. 'Or I'll have to go down there and have a word with them.' Jinsol nods, gulping slightly at Jungeun's strong tone.

'I'm sure it'll be fine, Jungie.' Jungeun sighs and runs her hands up along Jinsol's arms, effectively sending a shiver down the latter's spine. 'I might have to go down there every once and a while though.' Jinsol her lips and looks down at Jungeun as she wraps her arms around Jinsol's neck. 'Why?' Jungeun leans in closer, nuzzling her nose along Jinsol's jaw and inhaling her natural scent.

'They should know you're taken. I might need to remind them of that... Of the fact that you're mine.' Leaning back, Jungeun meets Jinsol's eyes, biting her lower lip at the lust-filled look in her darkened eyes.

Like a switch, something flips in Jinsol's brain. She wants Jungeun. No. She needs Jungeun. Rushing in, she pulls Jungeun in for a kiss, deepening it quickly. Jungeun instantly finds herself wrapping her hands in Jinsol's hair, tugging her even closer and humming against her lips. As they kiss, the heat rises. Jinsol's hands grip at Jungeun's waist and swiftly lifts her. Not breaking the kiss, Jinsol turns and sets Jungeun on the table's edge, placing herself between Jungeun's legs as she wraps her legs around her. 

Breaking the kiss for air, Jinsol nips and along Jungeun's skin, trailing from her jawline down to hungrily. Jungeun moans softly, whimpering as Jinsol leaves small bites all over her exposed throat. She manages to regain her senses as she hears some kids call Boris' name outside. Gasping, she reluctantly pulls Jinsol back up and kisses her softly, trying to slow her down. As she pulls away again, Jinsol growls softly, trying to lean back in. 

Jungeun nearly gives in right there but manages to paw at Jinsol's shoulders. 'Sol, not here. The kids...' That seems to snap Jinsol out of it. Shaking her head, she takes a few steps back, trying to leave enough space between her and her girlfriend. She can't believe she let herself get so caught up in the moment. What happened to taking it slow, you idiot.

'Jinsol, it's okay.' Knowing her girlfriend and how she lets her thoughts spiral, she gets off the table and tries to walk closer. The taller girl instantly takes another step back. 'Jungeun, I'm sorry... I can't...' Their eyes meet and Jungeun sees the panic and fear in Jinsol's eyes. Her heart breaks for the girl, she always blames herself unnecessarily. It's Jungeun that started this, she knows how sensitive Jinsol can get to her teasing. That's one of the things she loves about her. She focuses on Jungeun entirely as if they're the only 2 people in the world, and it makes Jungeun feel so loved.

Reaching forward, Jungeun knows it's useless as Jinsol shakes her head and rushes off.

Jiwoo and Sooyoung walk in moments later, finding a shaky Jungeun running her hands through her hair. Once she manages to explain what happened, Sooyoung suggests driving her to Jinsol's apartment after their day at the camp is done. Jungeun thanks her and tries her best to get through the rest of the day.

Jungeun knows she screwed up but she can't help but want to be close to Jinsol. It hurts when she's away. She needs to talk things through with Jinsol and let her know it wasn't her fault. It just wasn't the right place for it and Jungeun missed her so much that she couldn't stop herself.

Jinsol gets to her apartment and goes to settle on the rooftop, relishing the soft breeze cooling her skin. She feels like she's on fire. She shouldn't have let herself go there. That's Jungeun's workplace, there were children just outside. She doesn't understand why she's so bad at controlling herself when it comes to Jungeun. It's like something just changes within her anytime the younger girl is near.

Playing with the pebbles on the rooftop, she looks up at the sky, trying to calm her violently beating heart. Images of Jungeun keep dancing in her mind, making it hard to think clearly.

Hours pass by like this and Jungeun finds her in the exact same spot, still staring at the sky. The sun lights up her skin and leaves her hair shimmering softly. Jungeun's heart skips a beat. She knows this is the girl she wants to be with. Taking a seat next to her, she wordlessly lays her head on Jinsol's shoulder. They huddle up and stay like that until late at night, watching the sunset together. 

'Jinsol, I love you. And I'm ready to be with you and stay with you forever, in every way, for the rest of our lives. I'm sorry about earlier.' Jinsol caresses her cheek and kisses the top of her head. 'I love you too. I'm yours, as you are mine.' Smiling, the pair make their way back to Jinsol's apartment, warming up together in bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

Author's note:

Oof an update was long overdue :P Here ya go!

Have a good day/night :3

Follow me on twt for updates and other shenanigans @shaimaafoop