Lunch Date

Bright nights and dark days

*Nobody POV*

Before Hyoyeon leaves the house for work, she writes a quick note to the girls and lays it on the kitchen counter for them.

She had gotten a call that she'd have to work overtime so she would be home very late. In the note, she wrote that Jinsol was allowed to stay another night and Jungeun could go out and have fun as long as both Boris and Jinsol were with her.

She grabs her bag and heads out, locking the door after herself.

*Jungeun POV*

I blink my eyes open, some sunlight falling onto me from between the folds in the curtain. Turning my head to check my alarm clock, I find myself stuck in Jinsol's embrace.

She really didn't let go of me all night. I can't help but smile and turn in her arms to kiss her nose after noting the time is 10 am.

'Jinsol. Wake up, sleepy head.' We've slept for over 12 hours, we really should get up and make something of our day.

'No... I want to stay here.' I chuckle at her whiny voice and pull away from her embrace, standing next to the bed.

'Then I'll go have fun on my own today. I'm sure I can find another guide around town.' 

At that, she suddenly sits up in bed and rubs her eyes. 'No, I'll get up. Look, I'm awake!'

I laugh and pet Boris, who had walked up to me from where he was sleeping next to my closet.

'Good morning.' I smile and hold out my hand for her to take. She holds it gently and gets up, pulling me into a tight hug.

'Good morning, love.' I feel my cheeks heating up. I really wouldn't mind waking up like this every day...

Jinsol lets go of me and smiles at me sleepily. I immediately smile back as brightly as I can and walk towards my closet.

'You can pick out any clothes you want to borrow, there should be something in here that fits you.' 

She chuckles and I can't help but melt. I love how carefree she is around me.

It feels so strange to think we only met each other 2 days ago. It's as if she's always been there.

I grab a pair of jeans and a sweater. It's still cold and I've never been great with low temperatures.

Jinsol grabs a sweater of mine as well, a slightly oversized one to fit her taller stature and I head into the hallway to go to the bathroom to get ready. 

I show Jinsol to our other bathroom so she can do the same.

***

After giggling for 10 minutes at my egg-cracking skills, we finally finish making and eating breakfast with Boris eating his.

'What should we do today? I finally have full freedom since mom said I can do anything as long as you're with me.' 

I smile at Jinsol as she helps me clean the dishes. This feels warm and domestic.

'Well, we might want to pass by the cafe. My boss texted me he'll be back by noon and even though I don't have to work, I need to take the keys back and feed the fish.'

I nod and dry my hands before handing her the towel.

'I don't care where we go, as long as you're there.' 

She blushes and my heart feels fuzzy. 'Put on a thick coat then and don't forget your scarf, I don't want you to get sick.'

I nod eagerly and run to the hallway to fetch my coat and scarf, putting them and my boots on.

In the time it took me to do all that, Jinsol loosely put on her coat and shoes, waiting by the door patiently with Boris.

'You're gonna catch a cold like that! Close your jacket up!' I rush to her to close it for her but she grabs my hands and kisses them.

'No need, dear. I don't get sick. Don't ask me why but I simply don't and I really don't mind the cold. I prefer it over warm days actually.' 

I shake my head and hold her hand tightly before unlocking and opening the front door.

'At least hold my hand then. And tell me if you do get cold, please.' A nod is all I need to pull her and Boris through the door and quickly lock it behind us.

*Nobody POV*

The pair walk through town, hand-in-hand and with soft smiles on their faces.

Jinsol occasionally stops to point out a shape she sees in the clouds above and Jungeun patiently smiles and stares at the sky with her every time.

They arrive at the cafe just as Jinsol's boss is unlocking the door.

'Hey, Jinsol! I see you brought your new friend again?' He unlocks the door and lets them into the slightly warmer cafe.

They quickly bow in thanks and Jinsol rubs Jungeun's hands to warm them.

'My name is Jungeun, thanks for letting us stay here the other night. Sorry for falling asleep on your couch.'

He smiles and shakes his head. 'No need for apologies. It was refreshing to see Jinsol peaceful for once. You're always welcome here.'

Jungeun nods and smiles as Jinsol reaches into her pocket to retrieve the cafe keys and hand them to her boss.

'Oh, thanks. Will you feed the fish as well while you're here? You know only you do it properly. I don't need Vivi accidentally killing one of the fish again and you glaring at her for 3 days straight.'

Jinsol only nods and pulls Jungeun with her to the back of the cafe.

She reaches into the closet underneath the big aquarium for the fish food and proceeds to carefully feed the fish. 

Jungeun sits on the couch and stares at how gentle Jinsol is when she moves to feed the beta. Her movements are very calculated, eyes calm like the water in the tank.

She really loves fish, that much is clear. Jinsol would fit the role of marine biologist just fine.

'We'll open in an hour. Vivi just came in and is preparing in the back. You're welcome to prepare yourself and Jungeun any drink you like. It's on the house. Have something to warm yourself up before going back out into the cold, okay?' 

Jinsol's boss winked at the girls and went back to his office to prepare for the shift.

Jungeun yells a thank you after him and bows deeply before skipping over to Jinsol and hugging her tightly.

'Would you please make me a hot chocolate?' Jungeun pouts and uses her puppy eyes on Jinsol. Not that she needed to. Jinsol was prepared to do whatever Jungeun asked of her.

And that was a scary thought.

She simply clears and nods before kissing her cheek.

'Okay. One hot chocolate special, coming right up for my dear Jungie.' 

This effectively makes Jungeun turn 3 different shades of red and hide in Jinsol's jacket.

They take their jackets off and throw them on the couch before moving to the counter. Jinsol quickly grabs an empty bowl and fills it with water, setting it on the floor near Boris before making Jungeun's hot chocolate.

'You're so good with Boris. Have you ever had a dog of your own?'

Jinsol shakes her head as she draws a heart onto the chocolate milk with cream and cinnamon.

'No, never had a pet. I felt like I shouldn't be caring for another living being. Like I would destroy anything I came into contact with.'

Jungeun frowns as Jinsol hands her the hot mug. 'But you're so kind. And you take care of the fish, don't you?'

Jinsol nods and leans over to kiss Jungeun on the nose. 'That's true, I suppose. I'm coming to terms with possibly being able to care for others since meeting you 2 days ago. Though it feels like I've known you for a lifetime.'

Jungeun steps around the counter and pulls Jinsol into a sweet kiss before pulling away and looking her in the eye.

'I feel the same way. And I love it. I-'

Vivi walks in with a box of pastries and starts setting up the display case.

'Hey, Jungeun. Jinsol.' She simply nods at them and gets back to work.

Jungeun blushes and quickly grabs her chocolate milk and goes to the back to sit down on the couch.

She seriously almost said she loves Jinsol. She takes a sip of the hot liquid to calm her nerves. Jinsol follows after her slowly, smitten with her.

The girls sit and chat for a while, softly so nobody could hear them.

Lucky for them, it wasn't very busy at the cafe. They lost track of time until around 2 pm, Jungeun's stomach growls.

'Haha, maybe we should get some lunch?' Jinsol offers sweetly while patting Jungeun's head. Jungeun simply nods and leans into her touch.

They walk to the counter to say bye to Vivi.

'Vivi, we'll be going to get lunch. Do you have any recommendations?'

Vivi turns to them while taking her apron off.

'Since it's a slow day, boss is going to let me off early and take care of things himself here. He'll call me if it suddenly gets busier. We could go for lunch together? I was supposed to meet Haseul but we can make it a double date?' Vivi smiles at them sweetly, her eyes like crescent moons, soft pink hair framing her face.

Jungeun eagerly nods as Jinsol blushes.

'That would be awesome, I've been meaning to pay you guys back somehow. We could go to my house and cook together? My mom won't be home all day anyway.'

Jinsol wraps an arm around Jungeun as she looks at her questioningly. She nods and Jungeun's face lights up before turning back to Vivi.

'I'll give you guys mine and Seul's numbers. Text us the address? I'll go pick her up and come to you guys. I'm sure she'll be thrilled.'

Jungeun squeals happily before exchanging numbers with Vivi and quickly making sure she has Jinsol's number too.

The couple leaves the cafe clinging tightly to each other. Mainly to shield Jungeun from the cold. It snows slightly as they walk home with Boris running after the snowflakes and trying to catch them mid-air.

When they arrive at Jungeun's house, she quickly texts her mom that she'll have new friends over and starts looking around for ingredients to make lunch.

Jinsol simply stands back and admires Jungeun's energy. She really deserves to have more friends.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Finally an update! Sorry, it's been a while. 

Was planning on a much longer chapter update but I'm getting quite sick and couldn't bring myself to write more.

I hope you enjoy some more sweet lipsoul moments. Looking forward to XX, let's support the girls!

Also check out my other stories if you want and stream PIRI by Dreamcatcher! they deserve their first win uwu

Have a good day/night :3