After School

Bright nights and dark days

*Nobody POV*

Jungeun's day goes well. She ends up exchanging numbers with Sooyoung, Jiwoo and Yeojin as they became quite close during the day. Jinsol texted her during lunch break, saying she missed her to which Jungeun could only smile and reply that she missed her girlfriend too.

Jiwoo ends up being in the same class as hers. She sits at the desk behind Jungeun and between lessons, Jiwoo taps her on the shoulder to make conversation. Sooyoung pops in often, causing most of the kids in class to gasp and swoon over her. They can't compete though, Jiwoo is the only one for Sooyoung. Boris took a liking to all the girls, playing around with them during breaks and opting to nap under Jungeun's desk during class.

Jungeun loves their dynamic, how they tease each other but obviously love each other dearly. Yeojin hugs her tightly after school and asks to please tell Haseul she did a good job. The group just laughs and walks out to the school gates.

'Jinsol is picking you up?' Jungeun nods at Jiwoo softly as they walk. 'She got off work an hour ago so she's coming to pick me up and she'll probably have dinner with my mom and me.' Sooyoung raises her eyebrows and wraps an arm around Jiwoo. 'How long did it take again for you to finally introduce me to your family, babe? I honestly can't believe you guys have only been together for a few days.' Jungeun shrugs and chuckles as Jiwoo pouts cutely.

'Soo, you know my parents are very protective...' Sooyoung chuckles and kisses her girlfriend's cheek sweetly. 'I know, I'm only teasing.' Jiwoo's face brightens and she clings to her taller girlfriend tightly.

'You guys are adorable.' Jungeun is glad they didn't feel weirded out when she explained her situation and how short Jinsol and her have known each other. The 2 just felt for her and were glad she found someone like Jinsol.

At the school gates, Jungeun spots a bunch of students whispering and lingering around. She squints slightly against the afternoon sun and sighs as she notices what the fuss is about.

'Watch out, Jungeun. Looks like others have noticed your girlfriend there.' Sooyoung pats her on the back as they walk closer to where Jinsol is waiting patiently. She looks ethereal in the soft sunlight, her blonde hair glistening. Jungeun grips her backpack tighter and walks right up to her girlfriend, pulling her into a searing kiss.

The crowd gasps and most of the kids let their shoulders slump and walk away. Jiwoo and Sooyoung shoo away the rest of the voyeurs and turn to chuckle at the couple. 

Jinsol smiles into the kiss and pulls away to hug her tightly and whisper into her ear. 'Jungie, are you jealous?' Jungeun pulls away from the hug to look her in the eye. Her face is flushed and she nods softly. 'I don't want anyone to look at you like that except for me.' Jinsol chuckles and pats her head gently, nodding.

'You guys alright? I think they got the point.' Jungeun turns and smiles at her new friends gratefully. 'Thanks, guys. Sorry about that.'

Jiwoo shrugs and walks up to them. 'I've had to do the same before when Soo and I just started dating. You guys are off to home then?' Jinsol clears and leans in to whisper in Jungeun's ear softly.

'I wanted to take you out to the cafe for a hot chocolate special, to celebrate a successful day.' Jungeun smiles widely and hugs Jinsol tightly. 'I'd really like that!'

Sooyoung tilts her head as she walks up to Jiwoo and leans her head on the smaller girl's shoulder from behind. 'Are we missing something here?' 

 

*Jinsol POV*

Jungeun looks so happy with her friends, it wouldn't hurt to get to know them better. Spending time outside of school together would help them become closer and Jungeun deserves some real and good friends. I can judge them better if I hang out with them too.

I nudge Jungeun and tilt my head towards the other two. She searches my eyes for a moment. I let a small smile slip and nod at her.

'Guys, do you maybe want to come along to the cafe Jinsol works at? It's not super far away and Jinsol makes the best hot chocolate ever!' Jiwoo hops up and down excitedly, grabbing Jungeun's hands. Sooyoung just stares at the pair hopping up and down, mildly amused, as do I.

'Sure, we were going to hang out for a bit before I drop Jiwoo off at home anyway.' Sooyoung sends a nod my way, which I return coldly and our respective girlfriends stop hopping around like idiots to grab our hands tightly.

'Let's go then!' 

We walk together comfortably. Jungeun and Jiwoo chat happily together. Sooyoung occasionally teases them about something or shoots me a friendly glance. I keep my involvement to a minimum, only nodding occasionally when I'm asked something.

'Is Vivi working now?' I nod softly at Jungeun before holding the door open for the girls. 

'I can't believe we haven't come here before if Vivi works here.' Sooyoung shrugs at Jiwoo. 'You know we usually just hang out at the diner, Haseul and Vivi both prefer it that way.'

As we walk up to the counter, I nod at Vivi in greeting before sliding behind the counter. 'Hey, guys! Jinsol will handle your orders while I deal with the other customers. I'll come to chat a bit when it calms down.'

Jiwoo hugs Vivi tightly as she passes by before standing at the counter with Sooyoung and Jungeun. Jungeun smiles at me and winks, leading me to blush slightly. I clear my throat and log into the cash register to take their orders. The plan was to pay for Jungeun but I might as well be nice and pay for her friends too as this is their first hangout together.

'You know what I want, Sol.' I nod and return a wink her way, leaving her blushing and sputtering in place as I punch in her order. I point towards the couch near the books and aquaria in the back. She gets the hint and walks that way.

'Guys, come join me in the back of the cafe when you're done ordering. You'll love it there.' Jiwoo nods excitedly and steps up.

'Jungeun said you make an amazing hot chocolate and I'm intrigued but I also really like strawberries. Any recommendations?' I nod firmly and point at the board. Jiwoo follows my finger and tilts her head.

'White chocolate drink? I'll let you surprise me!' I nod again and punch her order in, adding a note to add strawberry syrup to it. Sooyoung walks up, wallet in hand.

'I'll just have an Americano. How much is it?' I punch in her order and shake my head, pushing her hand away. I point to myself, trying to make it clear that it's on me.

'You can't just do that!' I shake my head again and point towards the back of the cafe where Jungeun has been waiting. Sooyoung grunts and nods at me as Jiwoo shoots me a sweet smile.

'Thank you, Jinsol. It's very sweet of you.' I nod and turn to make their drinks. I take extra care while making Jungeun's drink, adding my signature heart on top with cinnamon and cream. I make Jiwoo's hot chocolate with white chocolate and add some strawberry syrup for flavour, I top it with a fresh strawberry and make Sooyoung's simple Americano next. I grab a cinnamon bun for Jungeun and me and a big piece of strawberry cake for Sooyoung and Jiwoo. I hope they like it.

Wait, why am I worried whether they'll like it or not? I shouldn't care.

But these are Jungeun's first friends in a while. She deserves to have good friends.

And maybe so do I?

I shake my head and make my way over to them with our drinks and pastries.