In each other's arms

Bright nights and dark days

*Jinsol POV*

We've been chatting for hours now, it's nearly midnight. I told Jungeun about the blue betta in the aquarium next to us. She seemed so amused and interested. For once, I didn't mind talking so much. My heart felt at ease around her, even though she was also the cause for it beating erratically from time to time. 

'Jinsol? Can I ask you something?' Her soft voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I smile at her and nod.

'You don't speak to others, right? So... Why did you speak to me yesterday and today? I'm most likely not the first blind girl you have seen. And you even spoke in front of those jerks and the other customers just to stop me from beating him up...' She bites her lip and looks at me carefully. I can't help but feel the need to pull her lip away from her teeth, so she doesn't draw blood.

So that's exactly what I do. I can't control myself around this girl at all. I reach forward and gently pull her lip from between her teeth with my thumb. I slowly rub my thumb along her soft bottom lip and look her in the eye. Her breath hitches and she looks up at me wide-eyed. This girl is too stunning and cute for words.

'If I'm honest, I don't have a clue.' She releases a shaky breath I didn't realize she had been holding and I move my hand to play with a loose strand of her grey hair.

'I haven't spoken to people in a very long time. It was never necessary, I always found ways to make myself clear. I don't call people, I text if I need to. Not many people have my number anyway.' I clear my throat as Jungeun stares at me with big sad eyes. I smile at her reassuringly.

'Yet when you came in yesterday. I don't know what came over me. Something changed. You're right, I've met blind people before. If they needed help, I provided them in silence or brought them to someone that could help better. But with you, I simply couldn't bring myself to. I guess it was something about the way you looked at me. Something in your eyes..'

She blushes but bravely leans closer to me, our eyes meet and I gasp, she really takes my breath away.

'Something in my eyes? That's quite amusing considering I couldn't see yesterday.' She chuckles and kisses my nose before leaning back and tilting her head with a wide smile on her lips. I release the breath I had been holding and chuckle at her bold actions. This girl is going to be the death of me. But I don't think I mind.

*Nobody POV*

'I'm glad you found whatever it is you found in my eyes. Honestly, I don't think I would've behaved much better than that jerk earlier if you had given me the cold shoulder. Even before seeing you properly, something pulled me towards you. Your scent, your soft velvety voice. The way your hand fits in mine so softly...' 

Jungeun gently grabs Jinsol's hand and traces patterns on her palm. Jinsol smiles at their hands and looks up at Jungeun with admiration.

'You're truly amazing. I have no regrets in breaking my rules and talking to you yesterday. In fact, I would love it if we could do this more often.' Jinsol shyly smiles at Jungeun.

Jungeun grabs her hand and pulls Jinsol into her, hugging her tightly. Jinsol falls into her arms effortlessly, nuzzling into her neck.

'I would like that very much, Jinsol. You're the first person I've really been able to talk and connect with in a long time. Usually, people are friendly but get scared off when they find out about my illness..' Her voice goes quiet by the end of the sentence and Jinsol can feel her shake slightly.

She hugs her tightly and bravely kisses Jungeun's neck to comfort her. 'Don't worry. You're my first friend ever and my only friend with that. I have my own issues, I won't ignore nor disregard yours. And I honestly don't think my heart could take it if we had to be apart.' 

Jinsol pulls away from the hug to caress Jungeun's cheeks gently and look her in the eye. 'We haven't known each other for long at all. We barely know each other really. But for the first time ever, I find myself wanting to know more about someone. I want to get to know you, be around you and talk to you. I'm here now, and I don't plan on leaving any time soon.'

As Jinsol finishes her speech, Jungeun lets the tears she was trying to stop for so long fall freely. She dives in to hide in Jinsol's arms and Jinsol simply holds her with all the love she can find in the depths of her cold heart. Her heart warms when she's near the girl, and she wouldn't trade that for the world. She's finally feeling and with Jungeun she wants to.

*Jungeun POV*

How does this girl just suddenly show up in my life by pure chance and make me feel so good? I sniffle and squeeze my arms around her waist tightly, mumbling into her shoulder.

'Thank you.' I close my eyes and try to steady my breathing. She smells so nice, her hair is so soft and her breathing is so steady. I could fall asleep like this. Before I can doze off, she chuckles and kisses the top of my head.

'Besides, if anyone should be leaving it would have to be you. I'm the one that actually works here after all.' I can't help but laugh at her bad joke wholeheartedly. I sit up a bit, finding myself basically in her lap. A blush starts to crawl its way up to my cheeks and I smile shyly at the angel in front of me. Her smile is so vibrant, it reaches all the way to her eyes. I think she might be the cutest and most beautiful person I have ever seen. She's completely different when she smiles. The Jinsol she shows to the world is pretty but cold. I prefer this real, beautiful and warm Jinsol I get to see. 

'Is there something on my face, Jungeun?' She looks at me confused and tilts her head slightly, making her resemble a puppy. I can't help but giggle and trace my finger along her jawline. It's so sharp, I swear she could cut me with it!

'As a matter of fact, there is.' I watch her frown and I lean in, replacing my finger with my lips as I kiss along her jawline to her ear.

'There's so much beauty on your face. I honestly don't think I ever want to look away.' I lean back slightly to find her blushing with a twinkle in her eyes. I wish we could stay like this forever.

'You're such a sweet talker, aren't you?' She leans in slightly and I can't help but hold my breath. Her face is barely a centimetre away from mine. This girl is seriously going to be the death of me. My heart feels like it's going to burst!

'I wonder if your lips are as sweet as your words...' Her words trail off as she lets out a soft breath and leans back. I close my eyes, trying to calm my heart. I swear I'm going to go into cardiac arrest. Did she really just say that?! Does she mean she wants to kiss me?! Oh god, I really want to taste those soft looking lips. I'm going insane here. I have to calm down.

My train of thought is interrupted as I feel Jinsol wrap her arms around me and fall back on the couch to lay down. I open my eyes to find my head resting comfortably on her chest, our legs intertwined and her hands on my waist and in my hair. This feels so natural as if we'd always been doing this. I feel my heart calm down as I listen to her soft breaths.

'Jungeun?' I hum in response, feeling my eyes flutter closed. I hear her chuckle, her body gently shaking with the sweet sound.

'Nevermind now. Sleep well, darling.' 

The last thing I hear is Boris yawn loudly as Jinsol runs her hand through my hair.

*Jinsol POV*

As she falls asleep, I gently run my hand through her hair and find myself smiling. I bite my lip as I think of my slip-up earlier. How dumb was that, basically confessing that I want to kiss her. She looked so shocked and flustered. The poor girl. 

I've never felt like this. Contrary to popular belief, I've never kissed anyone or anything of the sort. I'm always seen as this popular ice queen and a player, even though I'm probably the furthest thing from that. I never felt the need to either. But Jungeun just has this energy that pulls me in. I forget about everything else and just live in the moment, with her. These past few hours have been the best of my life. I wish we could just stay like this forever.

But to all good things, an end must come. 

I gently try to reach for my phone beside me on the couch. As I unlock it, I see it's almost 5 am. Boss would be here soon, he couldn't see us like this. It's unprofessional. But I couldn't just wake Jungeun up. She was so tired, having stayed up with me all night. 

I decide to let her sleep just a little while longer. I run my hand through her hair gently, singing softly.

'han naje taeyangeul samkyeo beorin joero
jigeum nan yeogi tteugeoun chaero
neowa dan duri namgyeojin i bame..Singing in the rain...' I hum the rest of the song softly into Jungeun's hair as I feel my eyelids grow heavier.

*Nobody POV*

As the 2 girls lay together on the couch, sleeping soundly, the cafe's owner walks in. He smiles softly at the girls when he finds them. He came in early to tell Jinsol he would close the cafe for the day. His mother was sick and he had to go take care of her. It was a family emergency and he could afford to close the cafe for a day or 2. 

He cleans up the cafe as quietly as he can after gently throwing a blanket over the sleeping pair. Dimming the light and closing the curtains, he walks up to the pair with a fatherly smile on his face. 

He had heard that Jinsol spoke during her shift, but only to a girl briefly. Apparently, she was a ninja and came in to protect Jinsol from some college kids harassing her. He was shocked but happy, thinking Jinsol finally found someone to be comfortable around. And judging by the gentle way she was holding the girl in her arms now, this must be the mysterious ninja girl he heard about.

He shakes his head and crouches down to pet the dog laying next to the couch and give it a bowl of water. As he laps up the water happily, Jinsol stirrs in her sleep.

Jinsol opens her eyes and looks around to find her boss smiling at her. He puts a finger to his lips and points at Jungeun on top of her.

'Shh... Don't worry, the cafe is closing for the day. I have a family emergency.' He whispers gently. Jinsol nods in confusion and tilts her head at him questioningly.

'I already cleaned up and closed the curtains so nobody will bother you. You have your key, stay as long as you want and lock up when you leave, okay?' 

He gets up from where he was crouched next to the couch and waves gently.

'Don't overthink, Jinsol. You deserve some happiness.' He walks away after that, softly closing the door behind him.

Jinsol's gaze lingers at the door, a gentle smile on her lips. 

'Thanks, boss...'

And Jinsol for the first time ever, holding Jungeun in her arms in the middle of a cafe with Boris on the floor next to them, felt like maybe she does deserve happiness. And perhaps she would find it with Jungeun and Boris.

If this is what happiness felt like, Jinsol thought, she could get used to it.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

So, there we are, yet another chapter completed. I'm sorry for the wait, I've been busy and I don't want to rush the story. I want to provide the best possible story for you all to enjoy!

If you have any suggestions or requests, don't hesitate to comment here or message me on twitter @Ghostwritemyli1

:D Until next time!