Cosy afternoon

Bright nights and dark days

*Nobody POV*

Jinsol and Jungeun were watching a movie during which Jungeun promptly fell asleep on Jinsol, nuzzling into her neck. Jinsol smiled down at her, gently wrapping an arm around her and kissing the top of her head.

The door creaks open slowly, Hyoyeon appearing with a tray of snacks and 2 glasses of fresh orange juice for the girls. 

Hyoyeon's heart swelled at the scene in front of her. She hadn't seen Jungeun sleeping this relaxed in ages. Usually, when she would check up on her at night, her face would be contorted in discomfort. Yet, here she was, cuddled into Jinsol's side with a soft content smile on her face.

Jinsol looks up to meet Hyoyeon's eyes and blushes furiously.

'Don't worry dear, I'm sure she can use the sleep.' Hyoyeon whispers while softly sneaking closer to the couple on the bed and setting the tray on Jungeun's desk as quietly as possible to not wake her daughter.

'I'm glad she found you. She's been in desperate need of a friend, or something more in this case.' Hyoyeon winks at the now completely red and flustered Jinsol.

'I'm just teasing, but you 2 are quite obvious. For what it's worth, you have my blessing. Just be patient with her. As kind as our Jungeun is, she's also very blunt and rough around the edges. She gets that from me.'

Jinsol smiles softly, looking down at the girl in her arms. 'Our Jungeun', Jinsol liked the sound of that.

She looks back up to Hyoyeon to find her slowly making her way back to the bedroom door.

'Th... Thank y-you...' Jinsol somehow manages to whisper into the now darkened room, since Hyoyeon turned off the laptop and lights.

'No, thank you, Jinsol. I entrust you with her. And you're always welcome here, okay?'

Jinsol nods softly before getting more comfortable in bed with her Jungeun. They shift until Jinsol is laying on her back, with Jungeun wrapped around her and unconsciously on Jinsol's shirt.

As she focuses on Jungeun's breathing, Jinsol too falls into a much-needed slumber.

**********************************

*Jungeun POV*

Why the hell does my mouth taste like perfume?

I open my eyes groggily to find myself curled around Jinsol, a piece of her collar in my mouth. What the-?!

Jumping up, I blush furiously. Before I can get out of my bed entirely, I feel Jinsol wrap her arm around my waist and pull me back down on top of her, leaving me to practically straddle her.

'Ehm, Jinsol...' She hadn't opened her eyes yet, her eyebrows pulled up in an adorable frown, making them resemble the Chinese character for '8'.

'5 more minutes...' The sweetest mumble released itself from Jinsol's lips. Her whiny voice rung in my ears, making butterflies burst around in my stomach.

'Sweetie, we've been sleeping the entire afternoon.' I look at the clock on my bedside table as I say this, noting the time reading 4 pm.

Looking back down at Jinsol, her eyes slowly flutter open, meeting mine hazily.

'Jungie?' Okay, my heart is seriously going to explode if she keeps calling me by these cute nicknames in that whiny voice!

'Yes, Jinsol?' 

Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she smiles up at me sweetly before sitting up, with me still in her lap.

'Hey.' She husks at me, wrapping her arms around my waist lazily. I relax in her hold and lean my forehead against hers, wanting to stay as close to her as possible.

'Hey. How did you sleep?' She squeezes my sides and tilts her head, pouting her lips in contemplation.

'I usually don't sleep at all or only 1 or 2 hours. So this is an improvement either way. Though I did sleep exceptionally well, I wonder why? Maybe I should buy the same mattress you have?'

Her pout turns into a teasing smirk by the end of her question and I can't help but giggle.

'Perhaps, this mattress was quite expensive you know? Maybe I have another option though, a cheaper one if you're interested?' I throw back at her, a taunting smirk on my lips.

She nods, raising her eyebrows in expectation.

I lean in closer, tracing my nose along her jaw up to her ear. Breathing softly into her ear, I hear her breath hitch and feel her shudder ever so slightly.

'Maybe you could benefit more of this amazing sleep if you simply shared this mattress with me...' I blush as the words leave my lips and bite her earlobe for good measure.

'JUNGEUN!' Jinsol jumps at my love bite and turns her head to me, ears and cheeks red and eyes wide in shock.

'What? Don't think I didn't hear when mom walked in here and told you you're always welcome. And don't act like you wouldn't like to sleep with me.' 

As the words leave my mouth and Jinsol's eyes turn from shocked to sultry, I gulp and shy away from her stare.

'Confident, aren't we, Jungie?' I quickly try to get off her lap but she pulls me closer, leaning her lips dangerously close to mine, making me lose all focus.

'Don't worry, let's not get ahead of ourselves.' She playfully nips my lower lip, igniting a fire deep within me as I surge forward to capture her lips in a hungry kiss.

My hands caress her jawline, hers wrapped around me tightly. We both sigh into the kiss and I nibble her lip softly before breaking apart and smiling at her lovingly.

'I don't plan on letting you go for a long time anyway. So we can take it nice and slow.' Her words make my heart swell and my smile widens into a grin.

'I don't plan on letting you go either, Jinsol.' She smiles and kisses my cheek before getting up and pulling me with her since I was still in her lap.

'But I might have to let you go occasionally to pee and such. Unless you'd like to accompany me?' I raise my eyebrow playfully at her as the most melodic giggle drifts through my room.

I smile up at her sweetly and kiss her cheek before walking towards the hallway, Jinsol in tow.

'Wherever you go, I'll go. I mean it, Jungeun. Neither one of us is alone anymore.' I turn to her slowly. Her facial expression is soft yet serious and determined.

'I know.' I point towards the bathroom door down the hallway.

'I am going to the bathroom, you can wait downstairs with my mom maybe? We usually have hot chocolate or coffee around this time and chat together when she has the day off. Would you be okay with that?'

Jinsol simply smiles and briefly grabs my hand and squeezes it assuringly.

She hops down the stairs elegantly, and it's only now that I notice Boris was following her instead of sticking around my room or staying with me. He really likes her.

I turn towards the bathroom, humming to myself softly.

***********

*Jinsol POV*

As I walk into the living room, Hyoyeon turns her head to greet me from where she was reading a book, seated in the couch.

'Hey there, sleepyhead. Where is Jungeun?'

I wave softly and mutter under my breath.

'H-hey... Jungeun... Bathroom...' Luckily it was dead quiet in the house and Hyoyeon seemed to possess great hearing.

'Ah, yes. Well, I was going to come to wake you guys up soon. I was going to ask if you prefer hot chocolate, coffee, or tea. I know Jungeun recently took a liking to hot chocolate.'

I smile to myself. Jungeun did say she really liked my hot chocolate. 

I look up as Hyoyeon stands up and nods her head to the kitchen, beckoning me to follow her.

I shuffle after her, looking around the spotless kitchen. I guess she is a bit of a neat freak.

'So, what would you like to drink, Jinsol? I've already prepared the biscuits, they're on the counter there. If you could take them to the living room while I make the drinks?'

I nod, reaching for the tray of biscuits on the counter before turning back to her.

'I...'

'Mom, can Jinsol make my hot chocolate?' Jungeun walks up behind me and leans her chin on my shoulder, I turn my head to see her smiling softly at her mother.

'Why? You don't like my hot chocolate?' Her mother teasingly points a finger at Jungeun.

'You think you're all grown up, ready to drink other's hot chocolate! Blasphemy!' 

Jungeun can't help but giggle at her mother's antics.

'Oh, calm down. Jinsol just makes amazing hot chocolate, she works at a cafe but I've never had hot cocoa quite as good as hers mom, sorry.'

Hyoyeon chuckles whole-heartedly and nods. 'Alright, but only if she wants to and if she is willing to make me a cup too. I need to taste for myself what magic drink is making my own daughter betray me.'

I chuckle and nod, a blush rising to my cheeks yet again.

'Alright, then I'll take the biscuits into the living room and you help Jinsol with the drinks. I'll give Boris his afternoon treat too then if he ever stops staring at Jinsol.'

We all turn to find Boris sitting a few metres behind me, right at the division between kitchen and dining room, looking up at me sweetly. Laughter fills the house as Hyoyeon grabs a treat from a cupboard and balances the tray she took from me in her other hand, headed towards the living room with Boris following the treat intently.

**********

*Nobody POV*

After giggling and playing around in the kitchen while making the hot chocolate, Jungeun and Jinsol make their way into the living room with 3 hot cups of chocolate milk in their hands.

'There you are! Had fun, girls?' Hyoyeon laughs at the flushed faces of the 2 aforementioned girls, the cookie in her hand crumbling slightly, Boris swiftly the crumbs up off the carpet.

'Here, this is yours mom.' Jungeun hands her mother a cup before settling in the couch next to Jinsol.

The rest of the evening is spent with Hyoyeon teasing the girls and complimenting Jinsol on her hot chocolate making skills as well as her beauty. Jinsol and Jungeun cuddle together on the couch as mother Hyoyeon makes them dinner after insisting that Jinsol spends the night. Jinsol readily agreed, she had at least 1 other free day tomorrow from work, and she didn't want to go home to an empty apartment after spending the day in the cosy Kim residence.

Jungeun and Jinsol look at each other with smiles on their faces, and hearts filled with kindling young love.

Hyoyeon smiles at them as she walks out of the kitchen to tell them dinner is ready.

The doorbell rings.

Loud knocking sounds through the house.

'MISS KIM JUNGEUN, THIS IS THE POLICE. OPEN UP, WE ARE HERE TO DISCUSS ASSAULT CHARGES.'

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

well, it's been a while. Exams are starting and I'm overwhelmed but here's a chapter to satisfy all our needs I hope.

have a good day/night