First day

Bright nights and dark days

*Nobody POV*

Tomorrow was the day. Jungeun would attend school again. She spent every free moment Jinsol had with her studying and cuddling. Jinsol wasn't lying when she said she aced all her classes. She easily explained everything slowly and understandably to Jungeun, who quickly picked everything up. They made a good team when it came to academics.

Jungeun's school was very close to Jinsol's apartment. Her mother allowed Jungeun to stay over at Jinsol's before the first day of school, to ease her nerves and prepare some more. She trusted Jinsol wholeheartedly and knew she wouldn't do anything too inappropriate to her daughter. And it wouldn't be bad to have her walk Jungeun to school, maybe intimidate some of the kids with her icy stare. 

Currently, Jinsol was cleaning up after their dinner together and leaned over to sneakily hand Boris a snack.

'Jinsol, I can hear him chewing, you know?' Jinsol looks up from Boris to find Jungeun still hunched over her backpack in the living room. She blushes after being caught and pats Boris on the head sweetly.

'Sorry, he just looked at me so sweetly and I haven't given him his snack yet.' She pouts at Jungeun's back, who is secretly smiling at the older girl's antics. Jinsol finishes cleaning and walks over to the couch, wrapping her arms around Jungeun tightly and nuzzling into her hair. Jungeun had died her hair a dark brown again, wanting to blend in better at school. 'I'm sorry, baby. I know he shouldn't have too many snacks and he's getting a bit older too...'

Before Jinsol can further apologise, she's stopped by Jungeun's soft giggles. She frowns before realisation dawns on her. 'Did you just pretend to be upset with me?!' Jungeun laughs harder at this and nearly falls off the couch as Jinsol retaliates by tickling her sides and climbing over the couch, on top of her. 'How dare you!' Jungeun tries to push Jinsol away from her but finds herself unable to through her giggles.

'I surrender, I surrender! I'm sorry, please stop.' Jinsol chuckles and stops her tickle attack, opting to instead pin her girlfriend down on the couch and kiss her sweetly. Jungeun eagerly reciprocates and whines as Jinsol pulls away.

'How is the paperwork going?' Jungeun grunts as Jinsol pulls her up. She shoves the last papers in her backpack and zips it up. 'I think I've got it all. My forms to hand in tomorrow, a copy of Boris' certificate and a note from my therapist explaining my situation.' Jinsol nods and lets Jungeun fall back against her in the couch. She runs her hand through Jungeun's dark locks and presses a kiss to her temple. right underneath her baby hairs.

'Then you're all set for tomorrow. You're entirely updated on all the courses and I'm sure you'll ace all your subjects in no time.' Jungeun nods softly, a frown settling between her eyes. 'I'm more worried about the social aspect than the academic, Sol.' Jinsol sighs and turns her head to look Jungeun in the eye.

'It's going to be okay. I'm going to walk you to school in the morning and I won't leave until you've gotten all your forms and need to go into class. okay?' Jungeun smiles sweetly at her and kisses her cheek softly. She felt so lucky to have Jinsol be so understanding and supportive. She can only hope to make nice friends like Haseul and Vivi. That reminded her of something.

'Thanks, Sol. By the way, Haseul said her little sister goes to the same school. She's a 2nd-year student but has befriended nearly everyone at school so she'd be able to tell me who the nice people are.' Jinsol smiles sweetly at her. Vivi had told her the same thing. Yeojin was going to meet them tomorrow morning at the school gates and help Jungeun get around whenever she could.

'She's going to show you around a bit in the morning already actually. I'll join in on the tour since I don't have work until 10 am tomorrow. I'll come to pick you up after class too if you want me to?'

Jungeun's smile widens and she tackles Jinsol in a tight hug. 'I'd love that.'

 

* * *

Jungeun ends up falling asleep on Jinsol in the couch. Jinsol picks her up and carries her to the bed where she curls up against her once again. They awaken the next morning to Jungeun's alarm going off.

Jinsol leaves Jungeun to get dressed in her school uniform after getting dressed herself and goes to the kitchen to prepare her a nice breakfast.

As she finishes setting the table, she hears Jungeun enter the room.

'Mom called, she said to have a nice day and thanks to you again for being there for me. I feel like she likes you more than me now.' Jinsol chuckles as she raises her head, only for that chuckle to get stuck in her windpipe and make her choke. 

Her eyes widen as she coughs and tries to tear her eyes away from Jungeun. She looks absolutely adorable yet ravishing in her school uniform. Jinsol blushes harder as Jungeun approaches and gently pats her back to ease the coughs.

'Are you okay, Sollie?' The nickname didn't help. Jinsol nods slightly as she gets her coughs under control and makes the mistake of looking into Jungeun's big puppy eyes.

'Yeh... You just... You look really nice...' Jungeun blushes but manages to smirk and wraps her arms around Jinsol's neck. Jinsol automatically finds her wrapping her arms around Jungeun's small waist, squeezing at her back softly. 'Why, thank you.' She winks at her and kisses Jinsol sweetly before settling at the table to eat. 

Jinsol shakes her head, still blushing and settles at the table next to her. They eat mostly in silence while stealing glances from each other. Boris had already finished his breakfast and was cutely waiting by the door to leave.

After cleaning up, they make their way to school. Jungeun's hand is tightly wrapped in Jinsol's, nerves evident.

 

*Jungeun POV*

As we near my school, Jinsol tightens her hold on my hand. I squeeze back, smiling up at her sweetly. Her gaze has turned cold again, ready to shut herself off from anyone that tries to approach her. We walk through the school gates hand-in-hand and stand at the side, waiting for Yeojin. Jinsol said Haseul sent her a picture of us and Haseul said we should look out for a small hyper kid with a deep voice.

I had somehow almost forgotten how absolutely stunning Jinsol is and that I'm not the only person with eyes here. Boris stands by my side, looking around tentatively. He hasn't been in a school environment in such a long time. I pat his head gently and Jinsol turns to me, her eyes softening for a split second before hardening again as a sweet looking girl approaches us, about my height. Slumping behind her is a slightly taller girl, focused on the girl in front of her.

'HEY! YOU'RE NEW, RIGHT?' The taller girl wraps her arms around the vitamin girl from behind and looks us up and down before speaking. Her voice is smooth.

'Jiwoo, I told you not everyone can handle how hyper you are.' The smaller girl, Jiwoo, pouts cutely before nodding. 'I'm sorry, Soo! I'm Jiwoo, and this is Sooyoung!' Still hyper but slightly less loud, she introduces both of them. I smile at her, she reminds me of Boris when I just got him. Just a friendly puppy, no harm intended.

I reach out to shake her hand. 'My name is Jungeun. I am indeed new here. I'll be joining some of the 5th year classes until the end of this year.' Jiwoo's eyes sparkle as she pulls me into a tight hug, causing Sooyoung to let go of her.

'Ah, that's great! I'm a 5th year too! Maybe we'll be in the same class! Either way, I hope we can become good friends, Jungeun!' I smile at her, feeling quite at ease around this energetic girl. I move out of the hug and notice Jiwoo and Sooyoung now both staring at Jinsol. She's still standing beside me, eyes cold and body frozen. I soften at how hard she's trying to contain herself.

Smiling, I reach over to hold her hand, to which she squeezes mine back tightly. 'You're new too?' Sooyoung inquires, her gaze stuck on Jinsol's.

I shake my head. 'No, Jinsol finished high school early. She's working now and preparing for uni next year.' The pair tilt their head and nod softly. 'We're the same age then probably. Ha Sooyoung, senior and this vitamin's girlfriend.' Sooyoung reaches a hand out to Jinsol, which she surprisingly takes. I watch as they shake hands quite tightly before promptly letting go. Maybe Jinsol can make a friend too. I see something I recognise as intrigue, sparkle in her eyes and can't help but smile at her brightly.

'You guys make a cute couple.' Jiwoo smiles as she wraps her arms around Sooyoung's, cuddling into her side. 'Thanks! I think so too!' Sooyoung rolls her eyes but it's playful as she soon kisses Jiwoo on the nose, a soft smile on her lips.

'Why is Jinsol here then?' I smile and blush slightly. 'She's my girlfriend. She lives nearby and wanted to walk me to school. It's been a while since I've gone to school and I was quite nervous.'

Jinsol turns to me, her eyes showing love for a moment, calming me. 'That's so sweet! Are you still nervous? It'll be okay! You have Soo and me now!'

I smile at them and nod. 'I feel a bit better now. I hope we can be good friends.' I look up to find even Jinsol smiling ever so slightly for a moment. 

Boris barks at my feet and I look up to follow his line of sight. A small girl runs across the school grounds, seemingly screaming my name.

'JUNGEUN! LET'S GO BEFORE HASEUL KILLS ME!' We all laugh and Jiwoo and Sooyoung stop the girl from tackling me.

'You know Haseul and this lentil bean? I think we'll be great friends.' Sooyoung laughs and drags Yeojin along as we make our way to the front office. 

I don't think I need to worry about finding friends anymore.