Closer

Bright nights and dark days

*Sooyoung POV*

I smile at Jungeun and Jiwoo as they happily converse. It still amazes me how easily Jiwoo can befriend people. I turn my head to find Jinsol balancing 2 trays, walking our way. Jumping up, I rush forward to take one of the trays off her, shooting her a friendly smile. She simply nods back but her eyes soften for a moment.

She's a curious one, that Jinsol. In an intriguing way. I think our personalities aren't that far off in general. I also tend to keep to myself even though plenty of people want my attention. Still, I'm not quite as shut-off as Jinsol shows herself to be.

'Oh, that looks delicious Jinsol! Thanks so much!' I chuckle at Jiwoo's excitement as I set the trays down with Jinsol. She swiftly hands everyone their drinks and even gives Jiwoo and me a strawberry cake to share. I'll definitely do something for Jungeun and her in return at some point.

'Thanks for this Jinsol, seriously.' She meets my eyes and nods meaningfully. 

Jiwoo sips from her drink carefully and I swear I see her eyes light up like Christmas lights. 'THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!' Jungeun and I chuckle as Jinsol seems to slightly blush at the compliment. My americano tastes quite amazing as well. She really seems to have a talent for this.

'I don't think the owner of this place would ever let you go willingly, Jinsol. If this is the quality you put out. Damn, girl.' Jungeun laughs and smiles at Jinsol sweetly. The couple cuddles into each other on the couch as they sip their drinks comfortably. I find my arm slipping around Jiwoo's waste in automatism.

'Wait, where did Boris go?' I turn to look at Jiwoo and look at the floor next to Jungeun. Indeed, the jolly retriever seems to have disappeared. Jinsol clears and points towards the front of the store. We all turn our heads and smile. Boris was cutely walking alongside Vivi as she gave people their orders. The customers seem to love his sweet demeanour.

'I thought he was supposed to always stay by your side in case of an attack or something?' Jungeun turns to Jiwoo, blushing. What's that about?

'Well, technically he is supposed to and always has. Since Jinsol came into my life he's felt that I'm safe enough for him to give me more space.' Jinsol's cheek redden at this too and I swear I saw the corner of curl up into a smile for a moment. Cute.

'That's so cute!' Jungeun chuckles and pats Jiwoo's head. 'Tell me about it. He also adores Jinsol. He hangs around her more than me lately.' Jinsol looks slightly guilty and snaps her fingers for a moment, looking at Jungeun.

*Nobody POV*

Jinsol does feel a bit guilty since Jungeun seems to think both her mother and dog like her better now. As she snaps her fingers, Boris' reaction is instantaneous. He turns his head in their direction and happily trots over to Jinsol. Settling between her legs, he looks up at her sweetly with his tongue sticking out.

Jinsol shakes her head and points at Jungeun, to which he tilts his head cutely. Jungeun raises an eyebrow at the interaction and turns to her girlfriend to whisper in her ear, a gentle hand resting on her knee.

'You okay, Sol?' Jinsol nods softly and turns to reply lowly. 'Yeh, just feel guilty he spends more time with me.' Jungeun chuckles at this and kisses her cheek sweetly before reaching over to pet Boris.

'Jiwoo, could you call Boris for a moment?' Jiwoo nods excitedly as Sooyoung moves the table away a bit to make space for the dog. 'Come here, Boris!' 

Boris looks at her sweetly but remains seated. 'Go on, buddy.' At Jungeun's words, he cutely shuffles over to the auburn-haired girl and her amused girlfriend. Sooyoung loves sitting back and watching scenarios unfold. Jungeun and Jinsol's situation seems particularly intriguing. 

'He's so soft! Baby, pet him!' Sooyoung turns to her girlfriend playing with the dog and reaches over to scratch behind his ear. He really is extremely soft.

As those 2 play with the dog, Jungeun turns to her girlfriend fully and smiles at her. 'I really don't mind that. In fact, it makes me happy. He never got to interact with other people much because of my condition. And now, thanks to you, he can finally fully be his social self.' Jinsol blushes at this and nods, leaning forward to hide her face in the crook of Jungeun's neck, arms wrapping around her waist.

'I love you.' Her breath hitches, heart warming. Jungeun reaches up to run her hands through Jinsol's blonde locks, breathing deeply. 'I love you too. So much.'

The pair share a soft kiss and smile as Vivi walks up to the table.

'I'm glad to see you're making good friends already.' Jungeun smiles up at her sweetly and nods. 'Yeh! It's great that you know each other already too! It seems like we're starting to form one big friend group!' Everyone chuckles at this.

Empty cups long-forgotten due to excited conversation and sweet puppy eyes, Sooyoung decides it's time to take Jiwoo home.

'Your mom will worry, baby.' Jiwoo nods sadly and pulls Jungeun into a tight hug. She can't help but chuckle as she returns the hug. 'We'll see each other in class tomorrow, Jiwoo!' This instantly brightens the girl's mood. 'That's right! Yes! Have a good night then, everyone! Thanks again for the drinks and pastry, Jinsol.' Jinsol nods softly, the ghost of a smile on her lips.

'Thanks so much, guys. See you tomorrow, Jungeun! Say hi to Momseul for me, Vivi?' Vivi laughs at the nickname but nods eagerly and pats Sooyoung on the back. 'Get home safe, girls.'

Jungeun tightly holds Jinsol's hand as they walk the girls out of the cafe to say a final goodbye. Boris happily wags his tail as Sooyoung and Jiwoo walk away.

'We'll go home too then, Vivi. Glad we got to see you.' Vivi smiles and nods. 'Get home safe and I hope to see you here or at the diner again soon. Keep an eye on Yeojin for us, will you?' Jungeun smiles and Jinsol tugs her closer so they can make their way to her house. Boris takes a moment to at Vivi's hand before picking up his pace to protectively walk beside Jungeun.

 

The rain picks up as Jinsol and Jungeun reach her house. They quickly walk in to find Jungeun's mother setting the table.

'Mom, hey!' She gets engulfed in a motherly hug. 'How was your day, dear? I hope it went well?' Jungeun nods happily. 'It was great! Thanks to Jinsol, I don't feel like I missed anything! And I made some friends. We went to get drinks with them after school.'

Jinsol also gets pulled into a big momma bear hug. Blushing, she returns the hug and smiles softly. 'Thanks for taking care of my daughter, Jinsol. Now, come on! Let's eat!'

They all help to further set the table and feed Boris as well before sitting down to eat.

Jungeun tells her mother all about her day while happily stuffing her face. Jinsol occasionally chuckles at her stories and makes sure Jungeun's face stays somewhat clean, with the way she's eating and talking so excitedly.

Jungeun's mother blinks back her tears at some point, happy to see her daughter finally happy and comfortable again. They end up cleaning up together and watch some shows together for a while. Jinsol notices the time and thinks it's time to head back to her apartment.

'Don't be silly. It's raining terribly out there and it's getting late. Just stay over again.' Jinsol blushes as Jungeun smiles brightly at her mother. 'Really mom?' She receives a wink and nod in response.

'When do you have to work tomorrow, Sol?' Jinsol scratches the back of her neck and holds out 5 fingers. '5 am?' Jinsol nods. She did have the morning shift tomorrow. 

'Off to bed, you go then! I'll be going to work early every day this week so I can be home in the evening for your first week at school. I can drive you past the cafe tomorrow morning if you want, Jinsol.' Jinsol bows in thanks, a soft smile dancing on her lips.

'Thanks, mom. You're the best!'

* * *

After saying goodnight, the cuddle up on Jungeun's bed together. Jinsol reaches out to brush hair out of Jungeun's eyes and smiles at her lovingly. 'I'm glad you had a good day, today. I spent the whole day at the cafe just worrying over you and missing you.' Jungeun tears up at her sincerity and leans into Jinsol's touch.

'I missed you so much too. Will you pick me up from school tomorrow afternoon too?' Jinsol nods and leans in. 'I will take you to school and pick you up at any chance I get. You're top priority in my life now, Jungeun.' Slowly leaning in, they meet in the middle. Their lips and bodies tangling up perfectly.

Boris sighs contently on the floor next to the bed, closing his eyes to fall into a sweet slumber.

Jungeun and Jinsol hold each other close, never wanting to let go.

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

An UPDATE?! haha, enjoy? Have exams coming up so I'll be updating again probably as a means to take a break from studying :)

Have a good day/night :3