Unravel

Bright nights and dark days

*Nobody POV*

Hyoyeon, startled, walks up to the door to see what all the commotion is about.

As she opens the door, Jinsol and Jungeun trail behind and stand in the doorway between the living room and entrance hall.

'Hello, officer, how may I help you?' Hyoyeon crosses her arms in front of her, sternly looking at the man that was abusing her door just seconds ago.

'Good evening madam, I'm here looking for a miss Kim Jungeun and Jung Jinsol, are they here?' The police officer turns his head in the doorway and notices the 2 girls standing at the side.

'May I ask why you decided to abuse my door at 7 pm. Supposedly in search of my daughter and her friend? Assault charges? I don't believe a word of it.'

Hyoyeon glances at Jungeun who'd started biting her lip with Jinsol clinging to her hand. One glance and Hyoyeon knew there must be some truth to the assault charges, though she doesn't believe she'd simply attack someone out of the blue.

'I will explain everything and I am terribly sorry about your door. May I come in to explain?' 

The officer looked almost scared under Hyoyeon's intense glare.

She steps aside, letting the officer in and closing the door behind him.

'We can talk in the living room.'

The group awkwardly moves into the living room. Jungeun and Jinsol settle on the couch while the officer sits on a chair on the side. Hyoyeon stands behind the couch, a comforting hand on each of the girls' shoulders.

'Yes, well... I am here to investigate claims made that Kim Jungeun assaulted our captain's son, young mister Lee.'

Jungeun sighs and sits up, Jinsol rests her hand on Jungeun's thigh gently.

'What does this Lee boy claim? I will tell my side of the story if I get to hear what he is accusing me of.'

The police officer clears his throat and nods, grabbing a notebook and pen from his pocket.

'Well, according to him he went to the cafe with his friends to enjoy a drink and chat. As he was ordering his drink, you allegedly suddenly jumped and attacked him. He tried to reason with you but to no avail and after being checked by a medical practitioner, it was concluded that he sustained a bruise on his leg and arm as well as a broken finger.'

Hyoyeon gasps slightly, squeezing Jungeun's shoulder harshly. Jungeun simply chuckles dryly.

'He forgot to mention the part where he went to the cafe to get a date out of Jinsol here. And when she wouldn't give in, he harassed her and was about to force himself upon her. Must've slipt his mind, huh?'

By this point Jungeun was standing up straight, venom dripping from her lips, eyes ablaze. 

Jinsol worriedly gets up as well and gently wraps Jungeun into a back hug, nuzzling into her hair and whispering for her to calm down.

'I... Is that what you claim? Then if this is true, I must ask why you didn't report it. And where the assault part comes in from your side.'

Jungeun tenses and clenches her fist.

'That idiot was hurting her, her wrist is still bruised from where he held her so tightly if you want proof! I couldn't just stand there and watch, so I asked him to back off and instead, he decided to try and fight me. He wouldn't listen to his idiotic friends either. I simply did what was right and protected someone. If your captain wants to abuse his power and press charges without a proper investigation, so be it. But he should know his son is a hormone-driven buffoon with anger issues.'

The police officer simply gasps in shock, his mouth opening and closing in confusion. He resembled a fish out of water for a moment.

'I can assure you, our captain wouldn't do that! If I'm honest, everyone in the force knows his son is hot-headed and impulsive. When he barged into the station yelling that he was assaulted, we thought he got into a fight yet again. Hearing him say he was assaulted and by a girl at that. It was so unlikely that we figured it could be true. He has too much pride to state so determinedly that a girl beat him up. It must've been serious, we thought. Coming here to investigate after asking around for who it could possibly have been, made me see he didn't lie about you injuring him. You seem very confident in your fighting skills and wouldn't go out of the way of a confrontation, would you? I will report this all back to the captain and make sure his son is disciplined. I've let him off the hook too often with petty things. But him actually hurting someone and forcing himself upon someone... He should know better.'

As he stands up and puts his notebook and pen back, he bows deeply.

'I am terribly sorry for any discomfort this caused you. I know you are new here but please rest assured that you can trust the police force if anything ever happens. I hope nothing like this happens again, but if it does then please come to report it!' 

Hyoyeon nods softly and walks around to the officer and reaches out her hand.

'Thank you for doing your job properly officer. We'll trust in you to do the right thing.'

Jungeun bows slightly awkwardly with Jinsol still wrapped around her.

'I'm sorry for raising my voice. I simply can't stand dishonesty and false accusations. Thank you for believing me.'

Hyoyeon smiles as the officer shakes her hand and nods back at her. 

'I will take my leave then, have a good evening. This shouldn't become a big issue, but would it be alright to contact you if we have to list the case and press charges on mister Lee?'

They walk him to the door and smile politely at him.

'That'll be fine. I would gladly help in any way I can to make him see he shouldn't act like this ever again.'

***********************************

*Jungeun POV*

After getting scolded by my mother for beating up a kid, no matter how justified it was, we had dinner and Jinsol and I decided to watch another movie in my room.

As I set up my laptop, I turn to find Jinsol standing at my window, staring out at the darkened sky.

'You alright there, Sol?' Pushing my laptop aside, I get off the bed and walk up behind her.

She simply hums softly as I wrap my arms around her and rest my chin on her shoulder.

Staring up at her beautiful face illuminated only by the faint moonlight and backlight from my room, I can't help but feel at peace.

'Jinsol, I'm sorry I yelled earlier...' 

She's been extra quiet since the officer left. She must've not wanted to be reminded of that terrible guy and what he did to her only a day ago...

'It's okay. I understand. I just... got scared. What if you'd gotten in trouble for protecting me? I seem to always hurt those that come close to me...' 

Jinsol's voice is soft and shaky. I turn her in my hold and caress her cheek gently, my other hand squeezing her side gently. Her eyes are glistening, tears forming slowly.

'Hey, don't cry. I'm here and nothing bad is going to happen to me. How could anything bad happen now that I have my angel with me?' 

I try to smile reassuringly at her to ease her troubled mind. She just looks down sadly, a tear finally making its way down her cheek. I quickly wipe it away and lead her to the bed to sit down.

'Want to talk about what's bothering you? I have a feeling it's more than just the police officer coming over earlier.' I gently rub her back in soothing circles as she stares down at the floor.

'I don't get close to people for a reason. Ever since I was young I kept to myself because people that got close to me got hurt... My words and actions would hurt them. Or bad things would just happen to them. I'm not meant to be held dear... I can't help but fall for you and want to be with you. It's so selfish, Jungeun! I don't want anything to happen to you, but I also can't stay away...I'm so sorry.'

Jinsol got progressively more upset and by the end of her story she was crying, trying to hide her face and turning away from me.

'No, don't turn away from me, Sol.' I quickly wrap my arms around her and pull her close against me, laying down in bed.

She tries to pull away but I just pull her closer.

She eventually gives up and curls into me, her face hidden in my neck. She was shaking and I feel my shirt and neck getting wet.

'Sweetie, no matter what, I will stay with you. I already told you that. Nothing bad can happen to me now that I have you. We may not have known each other for long, and we don't know everything about each other yet obviously. But that doesn't make our feelings any less valid. It's okay to be scared. But you said it yourself, I'm an exception to many of your rules, and it feels natural to just give in and be with me, right?'

Her sobs subside slightly and I feel her nod ever so slightly against me.

'How can something this natural and warm be wrong then? Even if something bad happens, it's not your fault. It probably never was. You were just unlucky and so were those around you. Life is unfair but we can only follow its flow and try to make those unfair situations as positive as possible. So don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. And we'll both be okay, through good and bad, okay? Now, please stop crying. It breaks my heart to see you like this...'

My own eyes were stinging with tears threatening to form. My arms tighten around her as she sniffles and whines.

'I'm sorry... I'll try.' 

The saddest whisper flows out from her lips. I can't do more than offer her the comfort she deserves and needs.

As we lay there, her breathing evens out and soft snores escape her lips. 

Kissing the top of her head, I try to turn and get more comfortable.

Jinsol simply clings to me tightly, trying to stay close to me.

Once we're a bit more comfortable, I reach for the light switch near my bed and close my eyes.

'I won't let anything bad happen to either one of us, Jinsol. I promise you that. You're under my care and protection now.'

*******************

*Nobody POV*

Somewhere in the forest near town, a red light flashes as an owl glides over the treetops.

In the shadows, a wolf howls and a soft voice resonates.

'The bond has been made. Circle completion initiated.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

So... I had an exam today and had a lot of pent up frustration to let out in creative writing. So here's another chapter.

hit me up on twitter @Ghostwritemyli1

Enjoy and have a good day/night! :3