Sweet home

Bright nights and dark days

*Jungeun POV*

Was my pillow always this warm? And why is it moving?! 

I open my eyes in alarm and sit up, blinking to adjust to my surroundings. 

'Well, good morning, princess. Slept well?' I hear a raspy yet smooth and deep voice beneath me. Right! I was with Jinsol at the cafe. I chuckle at how alarmed I had been moments before and look down to find her smiling at me sweetly.

'Good morning, Jinsol. I actually did sleep quite well for once...' I try to return the smile and she nods before stretching her arms above her head and softly at her muscles pulling and cracking. 

I can't help but blush and bite my lip. That was...kind of hot. Her morning voice is so rough yet velvety and sweet, I don't know how.

'Like what you see?' Her voice pulls my head out of the gutter. As I look up, I notice she sat up holding me tighter on her lap, her head tilted cutely.

'I ehm...' I stutter and blush before getting lost in her eyes, biting my lip. 

'You know... You really shouldn't bite your lip like that...' I hear her whisper softly, her voice and face inching closer to mine. I blink slowly and focus on her eyes, drowning in pools of caramel.

'Why not?' I barely manage to whisper out into the silence between us. The air feels tense, the only sound being our slow breathing, Boris panting, and the soft hum of the aquarium filters around us.

Her hand reaches up to caress my cheek and she pulls me closer. My eyes flutter closed as I feel her gently nuzzle her nose into my neck, tracing a line along my jaw.

'Because I've already thrown all my rules out the door with you. I already don't have any self-control around you. If you keep biting your lip like that... I can't stop myself...' She growls against my jaw, her grip on my waist tightening ever so slightly. My breath hitches, my heart rate is through the roof. I feel like I could just melt on the spot. Feeling brave, I open my eyes to look at her soft features, letting my hand find its way up to her defined jawline.

*Jinsol POV*

This girl is really testing me, looking so gorgeous this early in the morning. I've been awake all morning and then she starts biting her lip and looking at me so softly. My heart can't take it anymore. The way she fits on my lap so perfectly, the feeling of her warm cheek against my nose as I nuzzle closer and inhale her intoxicating scent. I love it. I look up into her eyes as she cups my jaw gently.

'Who says you have to? You've never lost control? Never acted on impulse? If I'm the first person to make you lose control, don't be afraid to do so. I won't hurt you, no matter what...' She softly smiles at me, and my heart swells. She makes me feel, more than I've ever felt before. She's right. If I only ever lose myself around her, I might as well let it all go.

I lean up and pull her closer, gently pressing our lips together in a sweet kiss. 

Her lips are soft, so very soft. And they're so sweet and fit against mine just perfectly. I feel her run a hand up to play with my hair as I squeeze her waist and break the kiss smiling widely.

Her eyes meet mine and we both lean in for another short but sweet kiss before being interrupted by Boris barking.

I chuckle and kiss her cheek before nuzzling into her shoulder. I can really get used to this.

Her hand runs softly through my hair, making me purr contently against her. I feel and hear her giggle.

'Did you just purr?!' I shrug and hold her tighter.

'And what if I did? I'm clearly content and... happy. Yeh...I think I'm happy.' I lift my head and kiss her jaw before sitting up looking her in the eye.

'You think? That doesn't sound very convincing miss Jinsol.' She tries to act offended but the slight curl of the edge of gives it away. And that teasing glint in her eyes. She crosses her arms and huffs jokingly, turning her head away from me. I chuckle and notice her stomach growling softly. Gently, I lift her bridal style and carry her to the front of the cafe, setting her down on the counter.

'I think breakfast could help us both think clearer. Perhaps then I can be certain of this feeling being happiness? What do you think?' I smile at her as she blushes and pulls me closer by the shoulders, effectively locking me in place in between her legs dangling from the counter.

'I think that's a great idea, Jinsol. But I'm also scared my mother is currently holding a search party with the local cops...' She frowns, squeezing my shoulders gently. My heart clenches at the conflicting emotions, so clearly written on her face. So clear to me at least. She's like an open book, my Jungeunie.

*Jungeun POV*

I can't help but think about my mother probably having stayed up all night, looking for me. I may not like her overprotective side, but she's still my mother. And I know she thinks she's doing this for my own good. I absentmindedly start playing with Jinsol's hair, wrapping my legs around her waist as I stay seated on the countertop.

'Would you like me to walk you home? As you may have noticed, the cafe is staying closed for today. I don't really have anything to do or anywhere to go. And if I'm honest, I'd prefer to spend all my time with you.'

She smiles at me and squeezes my thighs. I can't help but smile back and lean in to kiss her nose.

'Thank you. I would love that, but I don't know how my mother will react...' I trail off, remembering that I had my phone turned off since yesterday. I quickly reach for my pocket to find it missing.

'Boris, phone!' I hear a bark before Boris walks up to the counter with my phone gently dangling from his mouth. Jinsol takes it from him and pats his head. It warms my heart how sweet she is with him.

'Thank you.' She nods as she gives me my phone. 

I quickly turn it on and unlock my sim card to find hundreds of missed calls and messages on every possible platform. Panic starts to rise in my chest and I shakily check the last message she sent me.

Jungeun, darling, please! I'm worried sick about you! Where are you? Just come home... I'm taking the day off, I promise we can figure something out if you come back. Please just come back and we can talk about this?

I try to steady my breathing as I hit the call button. Jinsol starts to pull out of my grasp.

'I'll give you some space.' 

'No... Stay, please?' I plead with her as I desperately cling to her. She nods and leans into me, her head resting in my neck and her arms gently resting on my hips. I hold onto her tightly with my free hand as I hear the click of my phone call is picked up.

'Jungeun! Thank god! Where are you? Let me pick you up. You're okay, right? I was worried sick, sweetie.' My mom's frantic but sweet voice comes through loud and clear.

'I... I'm fine mom. I'm sorry...' I feel tears pricking at the back of my eyes, the guilt setting in.

'I know I can be a bit much honey. Don't be sorry, I'm just glad you're safe. You've never been out this long, even when we had big fights. Did something happen?' I bite my lip, looking down at Jinsol. Should I tell her?

'I was just in a cafe all night, they have aquariums and books here. You know that's the perfect setting for me. And Boris was sleeping nearby the whole time.' I hear my mom gasp.

'You can see again? What happened, how did you get your vision back so soon?!' I chuckle as I feel Jinsol kiss my shoulder and squeeze my hips.

'I'm not sure... I kind of made a friend?' It felt weird to call Jinsol just a friend, but I didn't have much choice. This was the safest way to introduce her to my mother.

'Really? Well, that's nice. I know you haven't been able to make friends in a long time because of me darling. I'm sorry.' I sigh.

'It's okay mom, don't worry too much. She's a bit shy but wanted to walk me home after getting breakfast. Would that be okay?' I ask shakily as Jinsol's breath tickles my neck. She was so close, maybe a bit too close.

'Sure honey! Just please leave your phone on this time? I'll be waiting for you two at home, she can stay over for lunch if she wants to. Does she like chicken?' I chuckle at my mom's antics. She may be overprotective and distrusting of people because of that. But she is also the kindest lady I'll ever know. She just always acts tough and strong for my sake. I feel Jinsol stand up straighter and she kisses my cheek, smiling and nodding. I kiss her cheek quietly, understanding what she meant.

'She would really like that. Thanks, mom.' I look at the clock on my phone, it's 9 am. 'We'll be home by 12, is that okay?'

'Okay sweetie, I'll make sure lunch is ready around then. Please text me when you're on your way home and be careful. We don't know how long your period of clarity will last. I love you, Jungeun.'

I smile at her words. 'I love you too mom. Bye.' 

I hang up and sigh, putting my phone down on the counter next to me before rubbing my eyes.

'So we're having breakfast together?' I feel Jinsol tug my hands away from my face and kissing my cheek. I nod excitedly and hop into her arms. She lifts me with ease as I wrap my arms and legs around her and nuzzle her neck.

'My mom actually is letting me be out alone! I must've really worried her.' I chuckle and lean back to look at Jinsol. She stares back at me with a pout.

'You're going out alone?' I roll my eyes at her and lean in to kiss her lovingly. She quickly reciprocates and squeezes my thighs as she carries me. I sigh into the kiss contently and bite her lip, eliciting a soft growl from Jinsol. I break the kiss and chuckle.

'Never without you, silly.' Jinsol stares at me, a deep indescribable look in her eyes. I blush and jump out of her arms, taking a step back and clearing my throat. Jinsol just continues to stare at me with that look in her eyes. 

'So, where should we eh... Where should we eat breakfast?' At that, Jinsol blinks and shakes her head before groaning and mumbling something.

'What was that?' She looks up at me and smiles.

'Nothing, just mumbling to myself. What are you in the mood for? I usually just cook for myself at home but I know most of the shops in this town. I take a lot of nightly walks, wandering around aimlessly...' I step closer to her again and take her hand.

'I'll go anywhere, as long as it's with you.' I smile up at her and watch as her cheeks turn a beautiful deep red.

'Ehm, I don't know if maybe you'd like to freshen up first? I'm still in my work outfit from last night and you're still wearing your clothes from yesterday as well. maybe we should get Boris fed too?' Boris barks at that last statement and I giggle.

'That might be smart, but what did you have in mind then?' Her cheeks redden further as she looks down at the floor, fidgeting.

'I was thinking, maybe we could pass by my place first to freshen up... And then... go on a breakfast date?' She looks up, looking absolutely adorable and nervous. She just asked me to come to her house AND go on a date after.

'That's not the usual order people go for, Jinsol. Usually, you go on a date to afterwards drop your partner off at home. Going in already, you're getting ahead of yourself aren't you?' I can't help but want to , she looks too damn cute when she's flustered.

She steps closer to me hugging me tightly as I rest my cheek against her shoulder and wrap my arms around her neck. I feel her lean in near my ear and whisper softly.

'No offence, my dear Jungeunie. But I don't think anything about us is 'usual'.' I smile and melt into her. She's right, we're so far away from normal.

But I don't think I would want it any other way.

 

 

-------------------------------------

Author's note:

Well, this was written very quickly before bed. I couldn't NOT update. This story is constantly lingering in my mind, I keep coming up with scenes during the day that I absolutely have to write down when I get home, lest I go insane. I hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned!